Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Philippine PBA Trades, Releases, Sign-ups, Rumours (vol. III)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by robert0326
    Parks relegated as Guard, not forward.. WTF!!! He's playing SF throughout the season.. sometimes PF when Rosario playing "sucks" throughout AFC.. Media voting sucks always in the PBA.. this is the reason why Siegle and Asaytono never winning awards throughout their PBA careers before..
    In the official tally, Parks was not even included in both Guards and Forward Center slot for Elite 5...So ano yun your top Stat leader not a player as he was not classified either as Guard, Forewrd or Center ...

Comment

• Parks was killed by player votes. Is he really that unlikeable? They couldn't even get the entire TnT solidly behind him.

Comment

• Originally posted by digitalsuperman View Post
        wow zero media vote for perez. well i guess the rumours are true.
        -lol @ the MIP voting as well, the league wanted Caperal to win despite Chua winning the stats race (why not included in the computation?) and landslide media vote.

-damn CJ and BRP are not liked by their peers and the media, I guess they both have attitude problems/introverts

btw any idea how the player voting goes, are you allowed to vote for your teammate? the PBA panel vote has to much weight in this computation

Comment

• Originally posted by robert0326
          Parks relegated as Guard, not forward.. WTF!!! He's playing SF throughout the season.. sometimes PF when Rosario playing "sucks" throughout AFC.. Media voting sucks always in the PBA.. this is the reason why Siegle and Asaytono never winning awards throughout their PBA careers before..
          we could go as far as boybits victoria winning ROY over rey evangelista, heck Benjie Paras shouldnt have won the 1999 MVP as Danny Seigle and Erick Menk were statistically better, well you know the story, false nationalism narrative for the media, players and pba panel

Comment

• Parks led in SP yet he didn't even got a spot in the elite 5? Heck you could argue he's the best player in 1-3 spots.. not winning the BPC is understandable when the other players are more popular/likeable but damn

Comment

• Originally posted by thatweirdguy View Post
              Parks led in SP yet he didn't even got a spot in the elite 5? Heck you could argue he's the best player in 1-3 spots.. not winning the BPC is understandable when the other players are more popular/likeable but damn
              Was thinking the same thing initially. But it's also hard to argue against Pringle and Wright. Maybe him missing the Finals series hurt his chances a lot.

Comment

• Originally posted by sajubeads View Post
                In the official tally, Parks was not even included in both Guards and Forward Center slot for Elite 5...So ano yun your top Stat leader not a player as he was not classified either as Guard, Forewrd or Center ...
                Let's wait. Maybe Parks was classified as coach and he'll win COY. Lol

Comment

• Bros and Sirs.

He got 4 Players Votes.

That practically means even his own teammates didnt vote Parks.

Anyway, Parks is still the homegrown player who had the second highest chance of being drafted in nba.(Just Behind Kai)

And even I am a ginebra fan. Parks is really a great player

Comment

• in other news, from resident rumor peddler Snow Badua

Belo, Trollano, Sumang to TALK n TEXT?

Totoo ba ito?

Sino kapalit?

Abangan natin

Comment

Parks led in SP yet he didn't even got a spot in the elite 5? Heck you could argue he's the best player in 1-3 spots.. not winning the BPC is understandable when the other players are more popular/likeable but damn
                      That just goes to show how subjective the voting is by the PBA people. It was a popularity contest out there.

Comment

• Originally posted by CoJ View Post
                        -lol @ the MIP voting as well, the league wanted Caperal to win despite Chua winning the stats race (why not included in the computation?) and landslide media vote.

-damn CJ and BRP are not liked by their peers and the media, I guess they both have attitude problems/introverts

btw any idea how the player voting goes, are you allowed to vote for your teammate? the PBA panel vote has to much weight in this computation
                        For me, the weighting of the votes should be like this:

Statistics (individual stats, both basic and advanced, team wins and win shares) = 70%
                        Media = 10%
                        Players and coaches = 10%
                        PBA board = 10%

Shouldn't really matter if the guy is not likeable due to being a snob, spoiled, introvert, etc., as long as he showed monster numbers and is responsible for the team wins, that should be enough for the player to win the much coveted awards.

Comment

• Originally posted by dubidub View Post
                          Was thinking the same thing initially. But it's also hard to argue against Pringle and Wright. Maybe him missing the Finals series hurt his chances a lot.
                          As opposed to people who didn't even made the finals? Yeah those guys deserve their awards but being left out completely is mind boggling. It's like it doesn't matter how well you played. If they don't like you you're not winning anything. I wonder how Parks is gonna respond to this. I'm not a fan heck I don't even like him but this is stupid.

Comment

As opposed to people who didn't even made the finals? Yeah those guys deserve their awards but being left out completely is mind boggling. It's like it doesn't matter how well you played. If they don't like you you're not winning anything. I wonder how Parks is gonna respond to this. I'm not a fan heck I don't even like him but this is stupid.
                            It really was. Tough year for Parks. Hopefully he wins a championship and a finals MVP to shut up the haters.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rodbi View Post

Statistics (individual stats, both basic and advanced, team wins and win shares) = 70%
                              Media = 10%
                              PBA board = 10%

Shouldn't really matter if the guy is not likeable due to being a snob, spoiled, introvert, etc., as long as he showed monster numbers and is responsible for the team wins, that should be enough for the player to win the much coveted awards.
                              This is the best suggestion. I like the part that includes wins and win shares. But of course, I doubt the PBA does this because they need to cater to the fans. Doesn't matter if a person actually deserves it or if someone deserves more.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rodbi View Post

Media = 10%
                                PBA board = 10%

Agree with this bro.

Let's not give the media, players & coaches, and PBA board too much power in deciding who gets this award & who won't. Ang problema kasi is that individual awards have become a popularity contest. Lets face it, there are very skilled players who aren't that appealing to the fans & media, & aren't good at getting along with fellow players. Ang lagay ba ay, they should be deprived of individual awards despite their stellar game performances simply becoz they aren't that appealing? Unfair naman yata yun.

Much weight should be given on performance & less on popularity. After all, basketball is a sports, not showbusiness.
                                "A king may move a man, a father may claim a son, but that man can also move himself, and only then does that man truly begin his own game. Remember that howsoever you are played or by whom, your soul is in your keeping alone, even though those who presume to play you be kings or men of power, when you stand before God, you cannot say, 'But I was told by others to do thus,' or that virtue was not convenient at the time. This will not suffice." - King Baldwin IV

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information