Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Philippine PBA Trades, Releases, Sign-ups, Rumours (vol. III)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think 3 conference is still doable as long as they compromise with the length of each including breaks in between. Fitting all 3 within 8 month period will be ideal ala NBA. I would love to see a ladder type tourney with a loser bracket so teams won't just play a single game when they lose at the beginning.

So the set-up
    1st AFC
    2nd Invational w/ unlimited height import and asian import reinforcement
    3rd AFC ladder type tourney. Placement can be base on the previous conference records. March madness format would be nice for this but add a loser bracket. They can also look into NFL format.
    Samahan ng mga Bopol ng Pilipinas

Comment

• I'm still skeptical about pro-rel, but I'm interested to see how it'll be implemented since I think we already have enough leagues to establish a pyramid.

Comment

• Originally posted by IPC View Post
        I think the prom-rel should be based from the standings straight-up. Bottom 2 or 3 go down.
        Originally posted by R0N1N View Post
        I'm still skeptical about pro-rel, but I'm interested to see how it'll be implemented since I think we already have enough leagues to establish a pyramid.
        it will not work in a three conference set-up.
        Attack
        defend
        Unite

Comment

• I like the 3 conference format where last conference will be added by guest teams and some mediocre farm teams cant participate( or have a separate tournament for them against other teams) or the great catch the winner of tgat bottom 4 tourney gets no. 1 pick.. prevents tanking..
          To becomes Asia's Best, we need to compete against the World's Best..
          1 Big 4 small > 5 out offense.

Comment

• The only change that will have immediate and significant impact is home and away format. Even if farm teams will continue, people always support an underdog team representing their hometown. I wonder what happened to the proposal of Dioceldo Sy to the PBA board, if he can convince fellow farm team owners and other indie clubs to have their own homecourt that will be the real game changer. Ginebra/SMC teams don't really have to attached a city to their name as they already have a huge fanbase, but they too should have a home court which they can share. Ramon Ang can even build a new SMC Arena. If a home and away format wont happen within two years wala na talagang kwenta ang PBA

Comment

• Originally posted by ja.he View Post
              Well, B.League has a pre-season Tohoku Cup and in-season Emperor's Cup. NBL has a pre-season NBL Blitz and an in-season NBL Cup. I think that they can relegate All-Filipino Cup in the Pre-Season and re-purpose Governor's Cup as an invitational. Make the Commissioner's Cup as the season proper. I believe this is doable.
              How will they gain profit or lessen the cost with that. Who will watch a preseason game and spend 1K. Playoff is were PBA makes the most money because people know the intensity goes up.

Comment

• Originally posted by zairex View Post
                How will they gain profit or lessen the cost with that. Who will watch a preseason game and spend 1K. Playoff is were PBA makes the most money because people know the intensity goes up.
                They can make an illusion that the pre-season and the post-season are as important. How? They can market it the same way how they marketed the Gilas winning gold at Jones Cup.
                Attack
                defend
                Unite

Comment

It's an All-Filipino tournament, people will be sure to watch. And there's still a championship to play for. Market it, like ja.he said. I mean, even in the NBA, you still have audiences excited for the preseason.

Comment

They can make an illusion that the pre-season and the post-season are as important. How? They can market it the same way how they marketed the Gilas winning gold at Jones Cup.
                    “You can fool all the people some of the time and some of the people all the time, but you cannot fool all the people all the time.”.

Tell me a preseason tournament that sells as big as playoffs in same league. Does BLeague? KBL? CBA? Did PBA earn a profit in Jones Cup.
                    Last edited by zairex; 09-26-2022, 12:42 PM.

Comment

“You can fool all the people some of the time and some of the people all the time, but you cannot fool all the people all the time.”.

Tell me a preseason tournament that sells as big as playoffs in same league. Does BLeague? KBL? CBA? Did PBA earn a profit in Jones Cup.
                      We are talking about the Philippines and the Filipino fans here not Japan nor Korea. Pinoy basketball fans are more passionate. IMO, if you market it properly, it will do well.

PBA did not earn anything from Jones Cup but the media mileage was big. The PBA had received good publicity back then. PBA was good to the public's eyes. Gate attendance was decent compared to what is today.

That Jones Cup kickstarted that "Puso" battlecry in 2013. Thanks to that hype.
                      Attack
                      defend
                      Unite

Comment

• Originally posted by IPC View Post
                        It's an All-Filipino tournament, people will be sure to watch. And there's still a championship to play for. Market it, like ja.he said. I mean, even in the NBA, you still have audiences excited for the preseason.
                        You can see the how many people even watch eliminationin All Filipino. Did you saw 10K in elimiation game not involving Ginebra. Answer the question if any league has the same profit in preseason and in playoffs.
                        If the preseason and post season are both important and have a champ. So whats the difference of jusr having an All Filipino conference. Kindly answer that.

Comment

You can see the how many people even watch eliminationin All Filipino. Did you saw 10K in elimiation game not involving Ginebra. Answer the question if any league has the same profit in preseason and in playoffs.
                          If the preseason and post season are both important and have a champ. So whats the difference of jusr having an All Filipino conference. Kindly answer that.
                          When was this?
                          Attack
                          defend
                          Unite

Comment

We are talking about the Philippines and the Filipino fans here not Japan nor Korea. Pinoy basketball fans are more passionate. IMO, if you market it properly, it will do well.

PBA did not earn anything from Jones Cup but the media mileage was big. The PBA had received good publicity back then. PBA was good to the public's eyes. Gate attendance was decent compared to what is today.

That Jones Cup kickstarted that "Puso" battlecry in 2013. Thanks to that hype.
                            Have you market anyrhing at all before. If its that easy believe me no company will go down.

Pinoy don't watch elimination but will watch preseason? How does that work? I missing the logic here. Pinoy more interested in preseason that actual conference. Why? Whats makes preseason more interesting?

Comment

When was this?
                              I saw it on tv. When did a preseason game matches a playoff series in profit

Comment

Have you market anyrhing at all before. If its that easy believe me no company will go down.

Pinoy don't watch elimination but will watch preseason? How does that work? I missing the logic here. Pinoy more interested in preseason that actual conference. Why? Whats makes preseason more interesting?
                                Sige ganito. I'll use the example of pre-season games of NBL. O ayan, I already cited Australia. Look at the crowd there, jampacked. Maybe the venues are not big but, still, the games were jampacked. Meaning they are interested even if the games are just pre-season games.

Edit: I'll fix my wordings here - it is not jampacked but you cannot say that the gate attendance is few. I noticed that the Blitz was conducted only in one location - in Darwin.
                                Last edited by ja.he; 09-26-2022, 01:17 PM.
                                Attack
                                defend
                                Unite

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information