Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Philippine PBA Trades, Releases, Sign-ups, Rumours (vol. III)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by GoPilipinas View Post
    Ang bait talaga ng BW owner first dela cruz, then paul zamar tapos ngayon ray parks jr. to his ninong hehe.
    yup. thats why i said politics and nepotism mixes well in the PBA. mahirap pala pag wala kang ninong or kapamilya sa coaching staff.haha.
    The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 5 characters.

Comment

• Originally posted by IshmaelM View Post
      I don't care if Amer is the starting PG of Meralco he is not that good. Caram at times plays heavier minutes than him. He is not the same value as Parks. Jericho and Heruela is not bad for BW. Throw in a 2nd rounder you can call it even. But Meralco has to give more for Parks. Maybe 2 second rounders or at least one. Getting Parks and just giving up Amer is not fair.
      very true. amer + another guard or a pick should be good. or if they want they can have a 1 to 1 trade with parks and newsome.
      The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 5 characters.

Comment

• Originally posted by digitalsuperman View Post
        very true. amer + another guard or a pick should be good. or if they want they can have a 1 to 1 trade with parks and newsome.
        But it's not a direct trade right? Newsome is redundant in BW anyway and makes dumb decisions in crunch time

Comment

• It's a given that both the Alvarez and Sy Groups are bonafide farm teams of the two major conglomerates. Whether they provide "services" for the RSA or MVP Groups, it doesn't matter. I've practically given up on these two already - and which is why I'm very disappointed with the due diligence made by Commissioner Chito Salud when he approved these two companies to buy PBA franchises.

What makes it even worse is the Commissioner's unwillingness to do something about this. There has to be a certain moratorium on this - that trades of top picks should not be made for a prescribed period. That BRP move is terrible, and I seriously hope Marcial would disapprove this.

However, given the circumstances prevailing, I don't think we'll see any reprieve from all these. This is where the Commissioner's office will have to play a major role to maintain the league's integrity. First, if he can't stop the trades of draft picks, the least he could do is to ensure that the "less privileged" teams gain more from the trade deals. In the case of BRP to Meralco for Jericho Cruz and Brian Heruela to Blackwater and Baser Amer to TNT, It is apparent that there's something wrong here. Let's figure out the weight of the players if we use the Commissioner's Trade Committee as meterstick:

1. A disgruntled Cruz was traded by ROS for TNT's first round pick in 2018 (turned out to be JV Mocon, but who they selected is irrelevant in this discussion - I just brought up Mocon's name to give a better view), Sidney Onwubere (a first round pick in the 2017 draft) and Kris Rosales. Let's assume Rosales is worth a second round pick, while Onwubere is worth a first rounder (back then). That means Cruz's worth is equivalent to two (!!!) first round picks and one second round pick.

Here's the crux of the discussion here. Since this was one of the first decisions made by the Trade Committee, it's normal to use this as the benchmark of all future decisions of the Committee.

2. Since Cruz and Brian Heruela are going to BWE, and Heruela is worth a second round pick, that means BRP is worth, (check this), 2 first round picks and 2 second round picks. It's the same worth as Terrence Romeo when TNT gave up on him to get Semerad and Heruela (worth a second round pick each) and 2 first round picks.

3. Parks was secured by Meralco. In return, they lost Baser Amer. Which means Amer's worth is the same as Parks - two first round picks and two second round picks! If that's the worth of Amer, then he'd already be the same worth as Romeo. More importantly, imagine the weight of Stanley Pringle and Jason Castro?

The Commissioner will definitely have to take a look at this trade. If he can't stop these two franchises from giving up quality players, then he should recommend to the Board that they don't consider these two for "regularization" after their 5th season this year. Tanggalin na dapat....

Pero if that's above the salary pay grade of Marcial, then at least, what he can do is rectify the trade situation and make both Meralco and TNT bleed a little more in their effort to get Parks. Parang ang nangyayari tuloy, bumabawi si Kume sa MVP Group for the CS fiasco last season. Eh kailan matatapos yun ganito?

Comment

• Originally posted by thatweirdguy View Post
            But it's not a direct trade right? Newsome is redundant in BW anyway and makes dumb decisions in crunch time
            newsome for parks i think is fair. offensively newsome would be good for BW as their shooting guard. can play SF too.

Comment

• I think meralco need to dangle a big who played well in bw.. which faundo but still meralco didnt lose something because faundo is a third stringer..they want parks that bad they need to trade even their identity like what smb did to get a rabeh al hussaini..
              To becomes Asia's Best, we need to compete against the World's Best..
              1 Big 4 small > 5 out offense.

Comment

• I've read an article from Philstar Sports Hub just a while ago that apparently, the BRP deal hasn't proceeded yet. Sy made mention they would want to have BRP play for them for at least a conference and if they see good chemistry, they would not trade him.

Comment

• BRP is the best player in the trade, Amer is second. Then BW gets none of them
                  pwede pa siguro if Amer+another old vet (hugnatan, dilinger or rdo) to BW or Newsome to BW.

Comment

• Originally posted by trig View Post
                    BRP is the best player in the trade, Amer is second. Then BW gets none of them
                    pwede pa siguro if Amer+another old vet (hugnatan, dilinger or rdo) to BW or Newsome to BW.
                    JD will be dispensable with parks around..but jd doesnt solve blackwaters problem in the tall c position as jose and tratter are small centers.. you cant rely the big 5 to rabeh alone..Blackwater despite the brouhaha has potential to be a two man deep team in every position.. slasher / shooter combo of Di gregorio and Cruz is promising (already played with Ever Bilena) heruela and pinto are solid on this level..belo/maliksi..sena/jose. tratter/rabeh? they need an insurance big like what suman can offer heck even a MAc Baracael can be a good depth dangler for bwe..

Comment

• Originally posted by lorenz09 View Post
                      I've read an article from Philstar Sports Hub just a while ago that apparently, the BRP deal hasn't proceeded yet. Sy made mention they would want to have BRP play for them for at least a conference and if they see good chemistry, they would not trade him.
                      that article was way before the draft started and they already said that whoever they pick perez or parks he wants to try one conf to raise their price este prove their worth..

Comment

• Originally posted by reamily View Post
                        JD will be dispensable with parks around..but jd doesnt solve blackwaters problem in the tall c position as jose and tratter are small centers.. you cant rely the big 5 to rabeh alone..Blackwater despite the brouhaha has potential to be a two man deep team in every position.. slasher / shooter combo of Di gregorio and Cruz is promising (already played with Ever Bilena) heruela and pinto are solid on this level..belo/maliksi..sena/jose. tratter/rabeh? they need an insurance big like what suman can offer heck even a MAc Baracael can be a good depth dangler for bwe..
                        blackwaters problem? they traded erram and parks. I'm just suggesting a less lopsided trade.

suman?

Comment

• Originally posted by trig View Post
                          blackwaters problem? they traded erram and parks. I'm just suggesting a less lopsided trade.

suman?
                          Sorry Sumang....but they traded an erram who doesnt want to sign with them and they want to sell parks on highest bidder and want serviceable but cheap players who already played well with them(although cruz only played on them in d league but was a solid pba player before injuries) in their rotation

Comment

• Originally posted by Jay P. Mercado View Post
                            It's a given that both the Alvarez and Sy Groups are bonafide farm teams of the two major conglomerates. Whether they provide "services" for the RSA or MVP Groups, it doesn't matter. I've practically given up on these two already - and which is why I'm very disappointed with the due diligence made by Commissioner Chito Salud when he approved these two companies to buy PBA franchises.

What makes it even worse is the Commissioner's unwillingness to do something about this. There has to be a certain moratorium on this - that trades of top picks should not be made for a prescribed period. That BRP move is terrible, and I seriously hope Marcial would disapprove this.

However, given the circumstances prevailing, I don't think we'll see any reprieve from all these. This is where the Commissioner's office will have to play a major role to maintain the league's integrity. First, if he can't stop the trades of draft picks, the least he could do is to ensure that the "less privileged" teams gain more from the trade deals. In the case of BRP to Meralco for Jericho Cruz and Brian Heruela to Blackwater and Baser Amer to TNT, It is apparent that there's something wrong here. Let's figure out the weight of the players if we use the Commissioner's Trade Committee as meterstick:

1. A disgruntled Cruz was traded by ROS for TNT's first round pick in 2018 (turned out to be JV Mocon, but who they selected is irrelevant in this discussion - I just brought up Mocon's name to give a better view), Sidney Onwubere (a first round pick in the 2017 draft) and Kris Rosales. Let's assume Rosales is worth a second round pick, while Onwubere is worth a first rounder (back then). That means Cruz's worth is equivalent to two (!!!) first round picks and one second round pick.

Here's the crux of the discussion here. Since this was one of the first decisions made by the Trade Committee, it's normal to use this as the benchmark of all future decisions of the Committee.

2. Since Cruz and Brian Heruela are going to BWE, and Heruela is worth a second round pick, that means BRP is worth, (check this), 2 first round picks and 2 second round picks. It's the same worth as Terrence Romeo when TNT gave up on him to get Semerad and Heruela (worth a second round pick each) and 2 first round picks.

3. Parks was secured by Meralco. In return, they lost Baser Amer. Which means Amer's worth is the same as Parks - two first round picks and two second round picks! If that's the worth of Amer, then he'd already be the same worth as Romeo. More importantly, imagine the weight of Stanley Pringle and Jason Castro?

The Commissioner will definitely have to take a look at this trade. If he can't stop these two franchises from giving up quality players, then he should recommend to the Board that they don't consider these two for "regularization" after their 5th season this year. Tanggalin na dapat....

Pero if that's above the salary pay grade of Marcial, then at least, what he can do is rectify the trade situation and make both Meralco and TNT bleed a little more in their effort to get Parks. Parang ang nangyayari tuloy, bumabawi si Kume sa MVP Group for the CS fiasco last season. Eh kailan matatapos yun ganito?
                            I think the reason why salud accepted them is that aside 200 million windfall on the coffers of pba... additional 30 slots for players they want to flourish and continue their careers in the pba and as if Barako Bull and old Lina franchise werent doing this when they were in the ten team league..I think there still a 5 year bond for pba teams and it will expire after the 2019 season only is the time where Columbian(I am 90% sure that Blackwater wont sell their franchise) will sell the franchise to new players..

Comment

Sorry Sumang....but they traded an erram who doesnt want to sign with them and they want to sell parks on highest bidder and want serviceable but cheap players who already played well with them(although cruz only played on them in d league but was a solid pba player before injuries) in their rotation
                              Sorry I don't get it. Di ba pg si Sumang? or is there another sumang in the pba?

Comment

wait. sumang is a big? how?

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information