Page 545 of 566 FirstFirst ... 45445495535543544545546547555 ... LastLast
Results 10,881 to 10,900 of 11318

Thread: Philippine PBA Trades, Releases, Sign-ups, Rumours (vol. III)

Quote Originally Posted by hmbopbaduwap View Post
    Those are actually almost Junmar/James Yap like Salaries Lol
    https://www.spin.ph/life/guide/pba-p...-20190518-lfrm

if PBA players' salaries are capped at P420,000 a month and the team salary cap is set at P50 million from P47M the previous season, bonuses given by ballclubs to players for won games cannot exceed P6,000 in the eliminations, P8,000 from the quarterfinals, and P10,000 for the finals.

Half of their salaries are under the table, no wonder why the best players would want to be in SMC or MVP's camp..
    “When we are saying this cannot be accomplished, this cannot be done, then we are short-changing ourselves. My brain, it cannot process failure. It will not process failure. Because if I have to sit there and face myself and tell myself, ‘You’re a failure,’ I think that is worse, that is almost worse than death.”

- Kobe Bryant

Rest in Peace Mamba..

Why would you trade for a player who's on the market because of his salary demands then afterwards play hardball with him? That's just not smart..

PBA players should revive the labor union that represents basketball players in the PBA. Who do you think have the trait of the next "El Presidente"?

Quote Originally Posted by robert0326 View Post
    You can demand higher if you have prove anything in this league.. what was parks achievement in the pba? I will not discuss his achievements outside pba because it is different matter anyway.. we see many high profile imports and good resume but sucks when they play here.. is parks led blackwater to semis? Nothing.. he's still nothing as of now in the pba.. he needs to prove it before he demands like this.. his demand likes of salary of a Terrence Jones type of player.. is his play like Terrence Jones? Even Al Chua will not bite in his preferred salary..
    he has already proven while with BW. not that much but for him it was enough. again his demand is optional thats how negotiation works. parks knows how to value himself. his valuation may be different from yours. in the end thats what he wants. now its time for TnT to negotiate.
    The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 5 characters.

Quote Originally Posted by tomcat View Post
    PBA players should revive the labor union that represents basketball players in the PBA. Who do you think have the trait of the next "El Presidente"?
    Chris Tiu would have been a good candidate but family business was his main focus now

Quote Originally Posted by Money View Post
    Wow ROS is still paying Yap that huge kind of amount? sabagay may endorsements.

If i were TNT i will just trade BRP for a serviceable big. Maybe Kyle Pascual /Rome Dela Rosa plus picks will do. and let SMC/ Magnolia negotiate.
    they should just trade parks for perez.
    The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 5 characters.

Quote Originally Posted by digitalsuperman View Post
    he has already proven while with BW. not that much but for him it was enough. again his demand is optional thats how negotiation works. parks knows how to value himself. his valuation may be different from yours. in the end thats what he wants. now its time for TnT to negotiate.
    exactly we never know if what the other camp is offering.. maybe if tnt gives in edi tapos usapan
    To becomes Asia's Best, we need to compete against the World's Best..

"I think we're close, so hopefully we could come to terms by the end of the week," -Gabby Cui

https://www.spin.ph/basketball/pba/a...e_featured_big

"I think we're close, so hopefully we could come to terms by the end of the week," -Gabby Cui

Fiba Asia Qualifiers 1st window has been cancelled he can still join Gilas...
    “When we are saying this cannot be accomplished, this cannot be done, then we are short-changing ourselves. My brain, it cannot process failure. It will not process failure. Because if I have to sit there and face myself and tell myself, ‘You’re a failure,’ I think that is worse, that is almost worse than death.”

- Kobe Bryant

Rest in Peace Mamba..

Quote Originally Posted by fadzki View Post
    Fiba Asia Qualifiers 1st window has been cancelled he can still join Gilas...
    Yup, baka umattend na si Parks once nakapirman na

Quote Originally Posted by kamokamo View Post
    I've been speculating this for years. Where in Asia or NZ or AUS can you get that monthly salary year round? Partly the reason why yung magagaling natin naging stagnant. Don't have to go somewhere to get a lot of dough. Plus the star-treatment. Man, that is why I admired Kai for dreaming NBA, surely, he will be a millionaire and a star in PH, but he leave those behind for a higher calling. I hope our new generation of players will have the same mentality.
    lol the nba has a much better salary than the local leagues. but i agree with you on the stagnant part most would probably just stay put locally than develop their game abroad with no guarantee at all.

Much better than never.. how many players left in 2013 batch and below? most players are now in batch 2014 beyond.. next year we will see who is the better GM in acquiring players thru free agency? Or maybe we will see a couple of best friends will play together as a team? Or maybe connections between coach and a player.. Perez - topex, alas' father and son duo, coach Nash with his feu boys will be the example of this.. but teams like ginebra, magnolia, tnt , SMB will benefit of new free agency rule next year due to their rich team status and they are glamour teams in the league.. but I will not discounting other teams.. if they want more playing time eh go to teams like phoenix, Alaska, Ros or nlex..
    Lets see if the teams and players follow this. I mean PBA teams agreed on salary cap every year and we know that some teams violate this. I mean why put a rule that you won't be able to follow?

To be honest, why can't PBA just be like other countries with no salary cap and teams that can sign any players. So everyone will not need to hide anything.

I understand Parks on this one as he dont want to risk anuthing without the contract... Pero why the long hold out, we know for a fact that he will get the MAx... Ano oa hinihingi nya... Anyways, why not trade the two pasaway, Slaughter for Parks.... Masaya si Parka with that but dont know if Slaighter will play for TNT. Who is the manager or agent od Slaughter bdw?

You can demand higher if you have prove anything in this league.. what was parks achievement in the pba? I will not discuss his achievements outside pba because it is different matter anyway.. we see many high profile imports and good resume but sucks when they play here.. is parks led blackwater to semis? Nothing.. he's still nothing as of now in the pba.. he needs to prove it before he demands like this.. his demand likes of salary of a Terrence Jones type of player.. is his play like Terrence Jones? Even Al Chua will not bite in his preferred salary..
    Well Bkackwater has been competitive with Parks in it... Remember they made it Semis in the Commish Cup last year... Something that the great CJ Perez have not achieve... So he has proven sometjing pero not worth 900,000

He deserves that amount up until someone bites for it..

Quote Originally Posted by reamily View Post
    He deserves that amount up until someone bites for it..
    900k plus tnt loading station and game bonuses, MVP bonus, playoff game bonus, Best player of the game bonus, player of the conference bonus

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Killer View Post
    900k plus tnt loading station and game bonuses, MVP bonus, playoff game bonus, Best player of the game bonus, player of the conference bonus
    He gets the leverage when he signed that deal on bwe..

Quote Originally Posted by digitalsuperman View Post
    That's a big no no for a team.. any team are not dumb to bite his demand.. he's not Terrence Jones para magdemand ng ganun.. i would rather trade him to slaughter (who is also pabebe) para fair.. Baka pag pinilit pa nya gusto nya eh no more teams will interest w/ him anymore.. he can go foreign leagues but it will take less offer than here..

Quote Originally Posted by zairex View Post
    Lets see if the teams and players follow this. I mean PBA teams agreed on salary cap every year and we know that some teams violate this. I mean why put a rule that you won't be able to follow?

To be honest, why can't PBA just be like other countries with no salary cap and teams that can sign any players. So everyone will not need to hide anything.
    Because all great players will go to popular and "under the table" teams. Blackwater and columbian would literally have a. Mark Andaya level player everytime

And rich teams can afford offering max contracts to star players.

A player will always pick a team tht cn give you higher salary, under the table money/bonuses, and a chance to win a championship

Quote Originally Posted by sajubeads View Post
    Well Bkackwater has been competitive with Parks in it... Remember they made it Semis in the Commish Cup last year... Something that the great CJ Perez have not achieve... So he has proven sometjing pero not worth 900,000
    The blackwater not made to the semis.. they lost to ROS in a best of three playoff series..

Page 545 of 566 FirstFirst ... 45445495535543544545546547555 ... LastLast