Page 737 of 754 FirstFirst ... 237637687727735736737738739747 ... LastLast
Results 14,721 to 14,740 of 15077

Thread: Philippine PBA Trades, Releases, Sign-ups, Rumours (vol. III)

Quote Originally Posted by IPC View Post
    Proposal pa lang pala, but in all honesty, they can afford it. They already have good-sized players for every position.
    Kasi dati 2 imports but due to pandemic, mid season yun ibang teams isa na lang nagiging import..
    To becomes Asia's Best, we need to compete against the World's Best..

Quote Originally Posted by unstopaball12 View Post
    Hoping this move opens the door for Paras, rivero, Baltazar and others. I think even parks will try and it will cause mainstream media since parks is a free agent technically.
    Quote Originally Posted by robert0326 View Post
    PBA will left out with NCAA/UAAP scrubs... Let's see how Kume and LH will react to this!!! heheheehhehehehe!!!
    This should be the goal, honestly. As much as possible, our most promising players have to play overseas. Leave the scrubs to the PBA.

Come on, 'di ba, they wanna give jobs to local players? Our best players leaving to play overseas gives the collegiate 'scrubs' a chance for employment (for at least a few years).

Quote Originally Posted by reamily View Post
    Kasi dati 2 imports but due to pandemic, mid season yun ibang teams isa na lang nagiging import..
    Same situation as us, that's why we had to get just an All-Filipino Cup.

lol @ the PBA

Four PBA/Gilas draftees in 'Mission: Tokyo'
    https://www.pba.ph/news/four-pba-gil...-mission-tokyo
    #GoUSTe, #AnimoLaSalle #PadayonUP

Quote Originally Posted by CoJ View Post
    lol @ the PBA

I wonder what will be the next moves of the Gilas draftees once their contracts expire. Hopefully the best guys can go overseas, since they haven't signed a PBA UPC yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackie Reaper View Post
    The problem with PBA kasi is that member-teams, from the looks of it, are not separate and distinct from that of the league. The same can be said to PBA in relation to its member-teams.
    Quote Originally Posted by mathematicianrcg View Post
    I dont think there is actually.

Nba is not a stranger to the contract of teams and players.

Only difference is players have union(lead by Cp3). And their union is very powerful actually. As players really protecting each other rights.
    Just like yung nagsalita si Draymomd about how Pistons are mistreating Drummond. It immediately force pistons to trade drummond.
    I wonder what will be the next moves of the Gilas draftees once their contracts expire. Hopefully the best guys can go overseas, since they haven't signed a PBA UPC yet.
    Speaking of the UPC, here's the NBA's UPC: https://atlhawksfanatic.github.io/NB...-contract.html

The contract states that it's between the team and the player. The NBA is a stranger to the contract, and its only powers over the players are fining and suspensions. Plus, there's no buyout clause, but there are multiple buyouts in the NBA, like for Andre Drummond and Blake Griffin.

Honestly, there should be an exit clause, especially for guys like Kiefer, Oftana, Tungcab, and the other Gilas draftees who want to play abroad. And that part of the contract should only be between the team and the player. No board approval needed, just the management. Team management approval should be enough to get FIBA approval for transfer.

lol @ the PBA

And you noticed that almost all of PBA players, coaches & staffs (except Kiefer, Norwood, coach Chot & CTC) are silent on latest Gilas cadets success.. Is they are insecure or they were on MEMO that no one from them will greet them even in social media? And we want to have players' union in the PBA eh unity between all of Pinoy basketball players are not existent!!! I got feeling that the cold war between PBA and SBP/Tab Baldwin is already on all time high.. Isang controversy nalang to eh sasabog na yan...

Speaking of the UPC, here's the NBA's UPC: https://atlhawksfanatic.github.io/NB...-contract.html

The contract states that it's between the team and the player. The NBA is a stranger to the contract, and its only powers over the players are fining and suspensions. Plus, there's no buyout clause, but there are multiple buyouts in the NBA, like for Andre Drummond and Blake Griffin.

Honestly, there should be an exit clause, especially for guys like Kiefer, Oftana, Tungcab, and the other Gilas draftees who want to play abroad. And that part of the contract should only be between the team and the player. No board approval needed, just the management. Team management approval should be enough to get FIBA approval for transfer.
    Alam mo naman ang PBA board, especially Kume and Long Hair.. Their extinct minds are still in 60's... Kasuka na ang namumuno sa PBA.. Make PBA great again!!!!

Here's a rumor from Snow: https://twitter.com/snowbadua/status...78524078563328

"PBA said to be contacting agents of top collegiate and amateur players like ALLYN BULANADI and REY SUERTE.

Kuliglig told me the league is afraid that these players might be picked up by JAPANESE B LEAGUE.

Though drafted in the PBA, these players have expired contracts at Gilas."

This should be the goal, honestly. As much as possible, our most promising players have to play overseas. Leave the scrubs to the PBA.

Come on, 'di ba, they wanna give jobs to local players? Our best players leaving to play overseas gives the collegiate 'scrubs' a chance for employment (for at least a few years).
    I agree 100% with this. Not personal against the PBA although I have my issues with them. Its just that we arent going anywhere in the world stage if our top talents are in the PBA.

Quote Originally Posted by JAMSKIE View Post
    I wonder how FIBA would view this anti-dodging rule by the PBA, specially if there's someone with credibility explaining to FIBA what has been going on in the PBA in the last 10 years or so - lop sided trades favoring the strong teams, hoarding of players by SMC teams, SMC not lending its players for the national team?

We know that what the PBA has been doing is counter productive to the advocacy of FIBA.
    That can be an issue to be brought not just to FIBA, but probably to the Court of Arbitration for Sport (or CAS for short), but I think there must be some understanding of international law.

Another interesting venue would be the court system up to the Supreme Court. Sports law isn't exactly that established here in the Philippines, so whatever ruling the SC may have may be a landmark case.

Question is, which affected party may file the case?

Kiefer is now ising snow to go.advance.. kung legalities lang only way is buyout
    To becomes Asia's Best, we need to compete against the World's Best..

That can be an issue to be brought not just to FIBA, but probably to the Court of Arbitration for Sport (or CAS for short), but I think there must be some understanding of international law.

Another interesting venue would be the court system up to the Supreme Court. Sports law isn't exactly that established here in the Philippines, so whatever ruling the SC may have may be a landmark case.

Question is, which affected party may file the case?
    Who else but the very players whom PBA would accuse of being a "dodger".

So for instance, Justin Baltazar plays in the Japanese B-league next year (instead of entering the PBA), then after 2 yrs of playing in the B-league, Baltazar returns home & applies for the PBA draft. But PBA denies him entry becoz he is a "dodger".

But the question is: What qualifies a player to be a "dodger"? How can the PBA prove that such player is a dodger? That he didn't apply for the PBA draft when he's already eligible for the PBA draft, and instead play in an overseas pro league? But isn't that the right of every citizen to choose which league he wants to play for a particular period of his basketball career? If Baltazar prefers to play pro basketball abroad after his college, that is his right. Now if he is deprived of playing in the PBA later, isn't that a violation of one's basic right? When has it become a compulsory for a player to play in the PBA after one's stint in college basketball & failure to do so has dire consequence?
    Last edited by JAMSKIE; 06-27-2021 at 12:27 PM.
    "A king may move a man, a father may claim a son, but that man can also move himself, and only then does that man truly begin his own game. Remember that howsoever you are played or by whom, your soul is in your keeping alone, even though those who presume to play you be kings or men of power, when you stand before God, you cannot say, 'But I was told by others to do thus,' or that virtue was not convenient at the time. This will not suffice." - King Baldwin IV

^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^

Now what if hypothetically speaking, Kai Sotto enters the PBA after his stint in the NBA is through, shouldn't Kai qualify as a dodger as well? If not, then I ask, how different is Kai's case from that of a Thirdy Ravena in so far as this dodging issue is concerned?

I'm not a lawyer & I didn't take up law but I think this anti-dodging rule by the PBA won't hold water in Court or any tribunal.
    "A king may move a man, a father may claim a son, but that man can also move himself, and only then does that man truly begin his own game. Remember that howsoever you are played or by whom, your soul is in your keeping alone, even though those who presume to play you be kings or men of power, when you stand before God, you cannot say, 'But I was told by others to do thus,' or that virtue was not convenient at the time. This will not suffice." - King Baldwin IV

Who else but the very players whom PBA would accuse of being a "dodger".

So for instance, Justin Baltazar plays in the Japanese B-league next year (instead of entering the PBA), then after 2 yrs of playing in the B-league, Baltazar returns home & applies for the PBA draft. But PBA denies him entry becoz he is a "dodger".

But the question is: What qualifies a player to be a "dodger"? How can the PBA prove that such player is a dodger? That he didn't apply for the PBA draft when he's already eligible for the PBA draft, and instead play in an overseas pro league? But isn't that the right of every citizen to choose which league he wants to play for a particular period of his basketball career? If Baltazar prefers to play pro basketball abroad after his college, that is his right. Now if he is deprived of playing in the PBA later, isn't that a violation of one's basic right? When has it become a compulsory for a player to play in the PBA after one's stint in college basketball & failure to do so has dire consequence?
    ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^

Now what if hypothetically speaking, Kai Sotto enters the PBA after his stint in the NBA is through, shouldn't Kai qualify as a dodger as well? If not, then I ask, how different is Kai's case from that of a Thirdy Ravena in so far as this dodging issue is concerned?

I'm not a lawyer & I didn't take up law but I think this anti-dodging rule by the PBA won't hold water in Court or any tribunal.
    You can probably construe that rule as against public policy and unconstitutional.

Sec. 3, par. 1, Art. XIII of the Constitution states that "The State shall afford full protection to labor, local and overseas, organized and unorganized, and promote full employment and equality of employment opportunities for all."

On the same line, Sec. 18, Art. II provides that "The State affirms labor as a primary social economic force. It shall protect the rights of workers and promote their welfare."

Face it, the rule amounts to a denial of employment opportunities. I can't find a right to work in the Bill of Rights, so I decided to get the constitutional provisions relevant to labor and employment.

I wonder how the Supreme Court will rule on this issue.

^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^

Baka papagawin lang ng excuse letter. HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^

hypothetically, it should also apply to other fil-foreign players who opt to maximize their earning potentials in foreign leagues before settling in the pba once the offers dry up (i.e. CStan, pringle, maurice shaw, mikey williams)

this draft dodging rule is too discriminating for the local bred players, it somehow implies that they are not good enough to make it overseas, while their foreign based counterparts can just show up to the pba whenever they want
    #GoUSTe, #AnimoLaSalle #PadayonUP

You can probably construe that rule as against public policy and unconstitutional.

Sec. 3, par. 1, Art. XIII of the Constitution states that "The State shall afford full protection to labor, local and overseas, organized and unorganized, and promote full employment and equality of employment opportunities for all."

On the same line, Sec. 18, Art. II provides that "The State affirms labor as a primary social economic force. It shall protect the rights of workers and promote their welfare."

Face it, the rule amounts to a denial of employment opportunities. I can't find a right to work in the Bill of Rights, so I decided to get the constitutional provisions relevant to labor and employment.

I wonder how the Supreme Court will rule on this issue.
    Yup, its really a clear violation of our labor laws.

Ang lagay ba ay its mandatory that a player has to apply for the PBA draft once he is already eligible for the said draft & should not make any delays becoz if he delays, for whatever reason, he could not play in the PBA forever? What if the player's reason for delaying his entry into the PBA is he wants to play for the national team (something which he might not be able to do once he is in the PBA) for a particular period of time? Ang lagay ba ay somebody's desire & willingness to play for his country should be taken against him? When has it become logical/rational that someone should be penalized or punished for serving his country?

Quote Originally Posted by astigram04 View Post
    May tournaments nmn for clubs, Yun na lng. Sayang Yung chance to regain regional title. The SEA games on the other hand should be given to batang gilas
    actually ayaw ng PBA magcompete sa club competitions, pahirapan nga mapasali SMC sa EASL
    trans: PBA doesn't like competing in international club tourneys
    Frankly, the PBA and SMC are kinda short-sighted if that is the case. Like I repeatedly say, this is an opportunity to expand elsewhere, and get an international market. For the clubs, this is a way to get prestige in the region as a good basketball club.

OK, based on this video, Snow says the the PBA might implement 3 new rules to discourage players from going abroad.

1. There will be no max rookie salary. If a rookie asks for P420K monthly salary, that can be given by the team.
    2. The draft-dodger rule will be reduced to 1 year.
    3. If a player refuses to sign a contract offer from his PBA team, he will be given a 5-year ban.

Honestly, in what world is this discipline?

Page 737 of 754 FirstFirst ... 237637687727735736737738739747 ... LastLast