Page 723 of 735 FirstFirst ... 223623673713721722723724725733 ... LastLast
Results 14,441 to 14,460 of 14687

Thread: Philippine PBA Trades, Releases, Sign-ups, Rumours (vol. III)

^
    nah.. here is the opposite

1. It's based on each nations wimp citizenship laws , if one is a citizen based on marriage , so be it.
    2. DNA , each nation is designated a primary ethnicity group ( if in NZ the english conquer the moari, sorry na lang , puti tayo) having 10 % DNA of primary enthnicy is pasado

by now you will know i'm joking.. but here is the thing, that is essentially what "many" Pinoys are actually saying , can you see how absurd it is

^^ The joke in some memes even is

"1/32 Filipino" then people say "Pinoy pride".

Quote Originally Posted by Labradoodle View Post
    ^^ The joke in some memes even is

"1/32 Filipino" then people say "Pinoy pride".
    it might be a misplaced or misguided pride for some of our fellow filipinos. but its a genuine sense of pride.

unlike what filipinos felt (no national pride at all) with d ron jacobs-coached national team that won d asian title in 1981.

unlike what many qatar citizens felt with their pre-2007 success in asian basketball.

I would not even call that "genuine pride". That's just really "thirst for external validation". Without any external validation, people say "nakakahiya maging Pilipino".

I compare it to the Igorot tattoo fad. Before Whang Od was featured by Lars Krutak in his foreign show, people looked down on Igorots with tattoos. The perception was it was "barbaric". But after it was featured by a foreigner, it became "Pinoy pride".

There's a reason why Pinoy click bait videos by foreigners abound so much. Capitalizing on Filipinos' clamor for external validation brings money.

I would not even call that "genuine pride". That's just really "thirst for external validation". Without any external validation, people say "nakakahiya maging Pilipino".

I compare it to the Igorot tattoo fad. Before Whang Od was featured by Lars Krutak in his foreign show, people looked down on Igorots with tattoos. The perception was it was "barbaric". But after it was featured by a foreigner, it became "Pinoy pride".

There's a reason why Pinoy click bait videos by foreigners abound so much. Capitalizing on Filipinos' clamor for external validation brings money.
    i have done studies on certain social psychology phenomena, i can say that it is is genuine pride for some filipinos in some of those cases.

again, we need to refrain from making generalizations about people's mindsets etc, especially if it belongs to d present.

Okay, show me the peer-reviewed studies about the genuine Pinoy-pride, please

Also, please let me know thr clinical/scientific process on how to deternine "genuine Pinoy pride". Does it need a seal of approval from the president or the senate to be "genuine"?

Okay, show me the peer-reviewed studies about the genuine Pinoy-pride, please

Also, please let me know thr clinical/scientific process on how to deternine "genuine Pinoy pride". Does it need a seal of approval from the president or the senate to be "genuine"?
    i did not say anything about a study on genuine pinoy pride. i said i had done work on certain social psychological topics, so i am familar with d Filipino mindset as examined within d lens of Philippine psychology. and even then, i do not generalize. that's too positivistic. and in your way of thinking, positivistic without empirical basis.

d fact that you are talking about clinical or scientific as concepts suggest you have limited knowledge about Philippine or Filipino psychology. So stop generalizing about Filipino mindsets if you are not a professional on d matter.

https://twitter.com/erosvillanueva_/...628888578?s=19

Eros Villanueva
    @erosvillanueva_
    ·
    22m
    Thirdy Ravena has sent a letter to the PBA explaining his contract status with San-En NeoPhoenix in the Japanese B.League.

Commissioner Willie Marcial clarified that at the moment, there’s no issue with Ravena staying in Japan. |
    @OneSportsPHL

Thirdy naman is friendly with Marcial so this is not the problem. The problem is the gesture of the pba. Waiting fir a letter like they’re the biggest league in Asia.

Quote Originally Posted by neo View Post
    i did not say anything about a study on genuine pinoy pride. i said i had done work on certain social psychological topics, so i am familar with d Filipino mindset as examined within d lens of Philippine psychology. and even then, i do not generalize. that's too positivistic. and in your way of thinking, positivistic without empirical basis.

d fact that you are talking about clinical or scientific as concepts suggest you have limited knowledge about Philippine or Filipino psychology. So stop generalizing about Filipino mindsets if you are not a professional on d matter.
    Please let me see your empirical analysis in what consititues a "genuine Pinoy pride". How do you determine a genuine Pinoy pride from what isn't? You must have some empirical data to even be able to even say "some of it are genuine". What makes a pinoy pride "genuine"? Isn't this what you were implying earlier? You said you studied social psychology that is why you can say some it are "genuine Pinoy pride". What are your criterias to determine what is genuine Pinoy pride and what is not?

I would love to see your empirical data on what constitutes "genuine Pinoy pride" and the criterias used to determine what is "genuine" and what is not.
    Last edited by Labradoodle; 05-12-2021 at 05:50 AM.

Please let me see your empirical analysis in what consititues a "genuine Pinoy pride". How do you determine a genuine Pinoy pride from what isn't? You must have some empirical data to even be able to even say "some of it are genuine". What makes a pinoy pride "genuine"? Isn't this what you were implying earlier? You said you studied social psychology that is why you can say some it are "genuine Pinoy pride". What are your criterias to determine what is genuine Pinoy pride and what is not?

I would love to see your empirical data on what constitutes "genuine Pinoy pride" and the criterias used to determine what is "genuine" and what is not.
    first, philippine psychology is not grounded on Western's concepts of what is scientific and empirical. Just google Philippine and Filipino psychology and you will understand. Google also the idea of emic perspective on research and you will understand.

Moving on to d concept, so if someone says, i feel proud. That is pride. and you cannot question that. that is an emic experience. and that can be genuine pride for some. genuine pride is not the concept. Pride is. genuine is a characterization, just an adjective. One operationalization can be "if it is not genuine, it is not pride at all." But the thing is, one says so, that he experiences pride, who are we to judge that it is not a valid thought or feeling? And that is why in Philiippine psychology, an experience does need to be a reality for all, for it be a reality as the very subjectivity of an experience makes it a reality. and that is why the methodologies used in Philippine psychology are interviews, story-telling, FGD, etc. It is not about testing and experimentation. You can easily google pubiished studies on national pride and d likes.

that is why words like "some" matters. Because even d experience of 1 person matters. That is the data.

On the other hand, it was your statement which implicitly made a judgment that none of that is genuine pride, but just external validation. As it seems that you are an advocate of positivism and empiricism, then you should be d one to provide empirical evidence on an opinion that you seem to be generalizing to all Filipinos' experience of pride.

Quote Originally Posted by neo View Post
    first, philippine psychology is not grounded on Western's concepts of what is scientific and empirical. Just google Philippine and Filipino psychology and you will understand. Google also the idea of emic perspective on research and you will understand.

Moving on to d concept, so if someone says, i feel proud. That is pride. and you cannot question that. that is an emic experience. and that can be genuine pride for some. genuine pride is not the concept. Pride is. genuine is a characterization, just an adjective. One operationalization can be "if it is not genuine, it is not pride at all." But the thing is, one says so, that he experiences pride, who are we to judge that it is not a valid thought or feeling? And that is why in Philiippine psychology, an experience does need to be a reality for all, for it be a reality as the very subjectivity of an experience makes it a reality. and that is why the methodologies used in Philippine psychology are interviews, story-telling, FGD, etc. It is not about testing and experimentation. You can easily google pubiished studies on national pride and d likes.

that is why words like "some" matters. Because even d experience of 1 person matters. That is the data.

On the other hand, it was your statement which implicitly made a judgment that none of that is genuine pride, but just external validation. As it seems that you are an advocate of positivism and empiricism, then you should be d one to provide empirical evidence on an opinion that you seem to be generalizing to all Filipinos' experience of pride.
    hmm let me guess, you're a proponent of pantayong pananaw/Post modern/post colonial thought?
    #GoUSTe, #AnimoLaSalle #PadayonUP

^^
    Thanks for info , I'm learning more about the Philippine perspective, it gives me further insight on why some western concepts are not fully understood. It's seems a definitive metric or definition of things isn't what matters , especially for the general public, but feelings towards things. "Like Pinoy yun , may dugo" or hindi asian yun but African
    Last edited by DAdmiral; 05-12-2021 at 07:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by allmight View Post
    Thirdy naman is friendly with Marcial so this is not the problem. The problem is the gesture of the pba. Waiting fir a letter like they’re the biggest league in Asia.
    Yeah, as if PBA is a top 3 league in Asia-Pacific. Haha

I mean, come on, CBA, KBL, ISL, LBL, ANBL, and BLG are better leagues than PBA - both in salary and competition. Even NZ NBL, even though they pay relatively lower than PBA, that (NBL) still has a better level of competition than PBA.
    "If you can't beat them, join them." - kevin durant

Quote Originally Posted by ja.he View Post
    Yeah, as if PBA is a top 3 league in Asia-Pacific. Haha

I mean, come on, CBA, KBL, ISL, LBL, ANBL, and BLG are better leagues than PBA - both in salary and competition. Even NZ NBL, even though they pay relatively lower than PBA, that (NBL) still has a better level of competition than PBA.
    they will brag about being the “first pro league in asia”

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Killer View Post
    they will brag about being the “first pro league in asia”
    Asia's first pay-to-play league but pays lower compare to CBA, KBL and BLG. Haha

People in the PBA have inflated egos.

Asia's first pay-to-play league but pays lower compare to CBA, KBL and BLG. Haha

People in the PBA have inflated egos.
    In fairness the under the table salary is probably competitive especially with bonuses. Untaxed pa dahil under the table hahaha.

Quote Originally Posted by Sikatrix View Post
    In fairness the under the table salary is probably competitive especially with bonuses. Untaxed pa dahil under the table hahaha.
    Well, I don't know true how is this, but if indeed true, then why Thirdy should enter into the PBA when BLG is clearly paying him well?

Minimum Rookie Salary in Japan B.League = $147,000 a year or $12,250 a month. At P50/dollar, equivalent to P612,500 a month.

PBA
    Rookie maximum salary = P200,000 a month.
    Veteran maximum salary= P420,000 a month plus won game/awards bonuses.
    Practice player= at least P30,000 a month.

MPBL (Amateur league)
    Player's allowance= Minimum P15,000 to P50,000 maximum.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?sto...51044738442794

Quote Originally Posted by DAdmiral View Post
    ^^
    Thanks for info , I'm learning more about the Philippine perspective, it gives me further insight on why some western concepts are not fully understood. It's seems a definitive metric or definition of things isn't what matters , especially for the general public, but feelings towards things. "Like Pinoy yun , may dugo" or hindi asian yun but African
    born & raised in NZ Analyzed?

Well, I don't know true how is this, but if indeed true, then why Thirdy should enter into the PBA when BLG is clearly paying him well?

Minimum Rookie Salary in Japan B.League = $147,000 a year or $12,250 a month. At P50/dollar, equivalent to P612,500 a month.

PBA
    Rookie maximum salary = P200,000 a month.
    Veteran maximum salary= P420,000 a month plus won game/awards bonuses.
    Practice player= at least P30,000 a month.

MPBL (Amateur league)
    Player's allowance= Minimum P15,000 to P50,000 maximum.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?sto...51044738442794
    Well those are the published max deals. The unpublished ones well hahaha. But I agree that Thirdy should get the money in the B League. I have more doubts about the level of competition and not the salaries. There is a risk that Thirdy ends up in a team that isnt game to pay him under the table extras.

Page 723 of 735 FirstFirst ... 223623673713721722723724725733 ... LastLast