Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Philippine PBA Trades, Releases, Sign-ups, Rumours (vol. III)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I’m hoping this is the last desperate gasp of a dying league. But no, given the ignorance of the average Pinoy basketball fan, it will be business as usual for the PBA.

Comment

• The PBA should think on how they can attract Fil-Foreigner ballers like Christian Hermoso, Stanley Pringle, Mikh McKinney, Isiah Imipig, Mikey Williams, Stephen Holt, Jason Brickman, DJ Fenner, Sedrick Barefield, Remy Martin, Duncan brothers and other high-caliber ballers to play in PBA after their US NCAA D1 stint..

Comment

• with rules like these,the PBA will eventually end up like the NCAA, in a few years time we're back to 6'5 centers

Comment

• So if late career Jordan Clarkson wants in the PBA as a swan song the PBA says no? LOL

Comment

• Originally posted by CoJ View Post
            with rules like these,the PBA will eventually end up like the NCAA, in a few years time we're back to 6'5 centers
            This, instead of the 6'5" players playing SF, or even PF at the very least.

Comment

• Originally posted by DAdmiral View Post
              this is OT, but a very interesting aspect of the NBL salary cap

A marquee player must be an Australian or New Zealander and a club can have a maximum of four of these players. That being said, teams are only allowed a total of four marquee and restricted (import) players combined. Interesting clause, the rules incentivse signing a good local player instead of an import Of course, to this point teams have not tended to go for a third or fourth Marquee guy as that would mean they’d have either one or zero imports.

Two? Well yeah, that happens.

so the NBL salary cap system actually makes teams not rely on imports. and financially it can pay the best local stars more than imports

The Breakers this season signed a bano / developing player as an import. (someone who might not even get minutes) , why? to save the money and cap space on signinng the best locals so they don't play overseas

magine that , the PBA can learn something from that, instead of paying a super import , give the money to a super local star like Kiefer or Parks .. it's actually smart

how insane is that , the PBA is willing to pay imports whatever, but is not willing to pay it's local stars what they can get in Japan , Kalokohan

Can Parks say , can you please pay me like an import per month LOL
              Yeah, better to invest more in local stars. Problem though might be the mentality that more talent leads to more wins, which is why you go for the best available (basically the asa sa import).

Comment

• MERALCO just added Charles Tiu to their coaching staff: http://tbti.me/s20brp

Comment

• Originally posted by IPC View Post
                  MERALCO just added Charles Tiu to their coaching staff: http://tbti.me/s20brp
                  Kaya pala during the lull andun siya with the Bolts players. kala ko part ng PBA rush nakikwentuhan lang

Comment

Long time coming, people dont realize how young he was when he assisted for Toroman
                    To becomes Asia's Best, we need to compete against the World's Best..
                    1 Big 4 small > 5 out offense.

Comment

Charles Tiu might even end up as among coach Tab's coaching staff in Gilas since the former is now with the MVP group. Having worked with coach Rajko Toroman during the Smart Gilas-1 era, Charles has the familiarity of what FIBA basketball is all about.
                      "A king may move a man, a father may claim a son, but that man can also move himself, and only then does that man truly begin his own game. Remember that howsoever you are played or by whom, your soul is in your keeping alone, even though those who presume to play you be kings or men of power, when you stand before God, you cannot say, 'But I was told by others to do thus,' or that virtue was not convenient at the time. This will not suffice." - King Baldwin IV

Comment

• Originally posted by JAMSKIE View Post
                        If some of us here are alergic with point guards 5-foot-10 or below, then the same should also apply with 6-foot-1/6-foot-2 small forwards. That is why I'm not high about Mocon as Gilas prospect.

I'll prefer Wright over Mocon.
                        Originally posted by fadzki View Post
                        Mickey Williams is playing his 1st PBA game today against ROS
                        And 6'2" Mikey Williams was listed as a forward by the PBA graphic. Oh, well.

Comment

• Do you know this guy? see here: https://bestopy.com

Comment

• What's the next shitty trade SMC & its farm teams are coooking or maybe luto na nga eh?

Greg Slaughter in exchange for Jalalon & Jackson Corpuz?

Just when Slaughter is playing well for Northport lately.
                            "A king may move a man, a father may claim a son, but that man can also move himself, and only then does that man truly begin his own game. Remember that howsoever you are played or by whom, your soul is in your keeping alone, even though those who presume to play you be kings or men of power, when you stand before God, you cannot say, 'But I was told by others to do thus,' or that virtue was not convenient at the time. This will not suffice." - King Baldwin IV

Comment

• Originally posted by JAMSKIE View Post
                              What's the next shitty trade SMC & its farm teams are coooking or maybe luto na nga eh?

Greg Slaughter in exchange for Jalalon & Jackson Corpuz?

Just when Slaughter is playing well for Northport lately.
                              Hmm Paul Lee is injured maybe Bolick for Jalalon and fillers?, though Greg fits Magnolia better

Comment

• Originally posted by CoJ View Post
                                Hmm Paul Lee is injured maybe Bolick for Jalalon and fillers?, though Greg fits Magnolia better
                                I have a feeling Bolick is SMB bound to succeed Cabagnot. So I expect SMB will get Bolick while giving away some pieces of filthy rags, maybe Paul Zamar & Louie Vigil.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information