Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Shame on Venezuela

Default Shame on Venezuela

After Lithuania - Puerto Rico game lithuanian commentator who also works as NT press officer said: "On behalf of fans and those who fight i want to say to the organizers: fuck yourself with your crashed buses and fuck yourself with all your conspiracy theories".

It started (true start took place when FIBA World had given the torunament to this country though) when Lithuanian coach called a time out before few seconds were left to play. Venezuelan coach began to act like real moron and continued his idiotic behavior at the press conference. The moron didn't know points could be crucial as later Lithuania - Nigeria game proved that fact.

After group stage Venezuela began to act like real looser (i don't mean ordinary people, but organizers and those who decide) making Lithuanian team stay there worse.

"Mysterious bus crash before the game, training interuptions with the smoke of tanks, problems with DVD players for analyzing games, strange limitations for pre-game shootout training, and biggest disrespect by booing our national anthem on July 6th", as was well noticed by one guy.

Booing the national anthem!!! How to call it? I guess shame is a right word here.

I just wish we had won the third Latin team and get out of there and never won't be forced to participate in shit like this again.
    Last edited by Dreamcatcher; 07-07-2012 at 02:58 PM.

I have similar feelings about organizers of the tournament, and now we may even guess that tanks which stopped lithuanian practise a day before the Venesuela-Lithuania game were also a part of their plan.

But I still can't stop laughing when reading some of your phrases as "Venezuelan coach began to act like real mormon". I guess you should learn the difference between "moron" and "mormon", as it sounds really funny.
    Country music, whiskey and OK

For those that dont know (assuming most) July 6 is a special day for Lithuania which is celebrated each year. The National anthem was also sung around the world on this day by Lithuanians this year.

In the 1230s the Lithuanian lands were united by Mindaugas, who was crowned as King of the Grand Duchy of Lithuania, the first Lithuanian state, on 6 July 1253, and therefore we celebrate this in honour of our King.

Now what was done by the fans in Venezuela was purile and disgusting...

I actually applaud them, I would have poisoned ur teams food

I must add that referees weren't affected by it, because their calls weren't against Lithuania. Yes, refereeing wasn't good at all, but it wasn't one-sided.

Quote Originally Posted by -K2- View Post
    I just wish if lithuania tonigh will eliminate 3rd american team,venezualians wont begun to shoot at our players...because in this crazy land you dont know what to uspect...I think they can even try and you suggestion with poisoning food ...All our players now wishes is to finish job done tonight and go home from here and never comeback...In 20years on competition in many championship and many difereent countrys we never played in such place like this...

Never would have pegged the Lithuanians as being this soft.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fedfan
    Most ppl get childish when they lose.
    Quote Originally Posted by GuTO
    refs in games of Spain walks with literally poop in his pants afraid of the Spanish players

Quote Originally Posted by JGX View Post
    I think the Lithuanians are just being professional as much as they can because the hosts are acting the opposite way.
    "INSANITY IS DOING THE SAME THINGS OVER AND OVER AGAIN AND EXPECTING DIFFERENT RESULTS."

Basketball in general is a joke sport. Refs like in no other sport. 80/20 calls from the refs on olympic Q match. Loool.
    FAMILY AERODROM

I'm also surprised. Pussies. I also always thought that bums are not lowlifes, but hard, tough guys, who doesn't cry and faces life like it is - a real example of courage, masculinity. I'm sure you with me on this

Players, national team staff or fans? NT players are just fine - look at 23:20:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kMF3rurOXAE
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The flick from the future...

How the hell saying that Venezuela is full of crap and people who lives where have no class is soft?

Thats why any of latin countries shouldnt be given held any major tournament. With the exception of Argentina and Brasil:P
    Last edited by Illegal2k10; 07-07-2012 at 07:57 PM.

I did read that on some other forum. Sorry. Lets drop that.

Noon the less someone did steal our olympic spot last night.
    FAMILY AERODROM

So you guys screw the home country and expect to be treated like nothin happened??

The least that the venezuela govermemt should do is to cut running water from ur team hotel room. U dint want to come back to latinamerica? Dont do it, if it was to us we would not go to europe but since FIBA always award europeans the top tournaments we dont have no choice. Yall lucky u never play on this side of the world.

So you guys screw the home country and expect to be treated like nothin happened??

The least that the venezuela govermemt should do is to cut running water from ur team hotel room. U dint want to come back to latinamerica? Dont do it, if it was to us we would not go to europe but since FIBA always award europeans the top tournaments we dont have no choice. Yall lucky u never play on this side of the world.
    And how we screwed them? They could have won against Nigeria by 18 points and be safe. Not to mention Lithuania and Nigeria were the best teams in that group. Last second time-out? They decided to play till the end, tho they could run the clock down and we played, thats quite normal in this kind of tournament with only two games in a group.
    No wonder FIBA awards Europe with various tournaments as organization here is top level, not some shit-like as we see in Venezuela. Im not against watching LTU NT playing in this side of he world, but with fans who at least have average education and organizacion which knows how to treat they guests.
    The least that the venezuela govermemt should do is to cut running water from ur team hotel room
    This only shows how limited your thinking is. lack of education i guess. The only thing Venezuela government should be worried about is how to organise top level tournament.

Dont you think that Euros get awarded hosting tournaments more oftenly because they prepare them with quality something that cannot be said about Venezuella like countries.

So, you really think they brought the tanks out to disrupt Lithuanian NT's training?

http://london2012.fiba.com/pages/eng...9/article.html

Off the court, Phoenix Suns international scout Kornell David couldn’t find fault with how the tournament in the newly-constructed Poliedro de Caracas has been run.

“I think it’s a brilliantly organised event, and that surprised me because it’s not a common thing to bring such a tournament down here to Venezuela,” he said.

Russia coach David Blatt agreed after two straight nights with 7000-plus crowds despite the home team not participating in the knockout rounds.

“Everybody who was here will go home and say good things about Venezuela,” he said.

FIBA President Yvan Mainini said: “I have seen a lot of organisation of basketball events in my life, something like 50 years in basketball and next year it is 14 years in FIBA.

“To make things clear there was good organisation at this event, but there are some things I can say were not only just good, but excellent.”
    Quote Originally Posted by Fedfan
    Most ppl get childish when they lose.
    Quote Originally Posted by GuTO
    refs in games of Spain walks with literally poop in his pants afraid of the Spanish players

2 very polite guys and Mainini

If nothing else I'll give props to Venezuela for the attendance. I thought we'd see nothing but empty gyms after the home team went out.
    Pistons: 2018-2019 In the middle of nowhere

Bronze medal 2013 Eurobasket prediction Game.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast