Thread: Most underrated European players

Default Most underrated European players

Let's take a shot Retired players included.

G - Galis (Might sound crazy, but he usually gets underrated because of his short or awkward career right? He could be one step ahead of such players like Petrovič, Marčiulionis)
    G - Navarro (His impact to Spain's dominance is basically the same as Pau's, but only the latter considered as super star. Could be an elite NBA guard while delivering +10ppg in the first (and probably last) season in NBA).
    F - Kirilenko (How good is he? Still few notice him as one the most dominant player of his position in European BB history)
    F - Karnišovas (Never won too much with his clubs, but how much of intelligent and good player he was. Usually unmarked because of Marčiulionis and Sabas presence, but he comes with 17 ppg average in Lithuanian NT).
    C - Chiacig (Probably there are several player for better fit, but this guy always seemed to me underrated )
    Last edited by Straight forward; 08-24-2011 at 01:12 PM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The flick from the future...

Chiacig underrated?!? He was a decent center (very good in the italian league) but the key player under the basket for Italy NT has been always Marconato...

Karnisovas had great skills and body but he was not a lionheart... he could have been much better given his qualities...

Paspalj?

"THE MOST" - Definitely Ömer Onan...

PG: Khalid El-Amin
    SG: Ömer Onan
    SF: Stratos Perperoglou
    PF: Shaun Stonerook
    C: D'or Fischer
    Republic of FENERBAHÇE

Quote Originally Posted by iskoch View Post
    "THE MOST" - Definitely Ömer Onan...

PG: Khalid El-Amin
    SG: Ömer Onan
    SF: Stratos Perperoglou
    PF: Shaun Stonerook
    C: D'or Fischer
    El- Amin and D'or Fischer are Americans. Onan and Stonerook are surely here.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

for someone who didn't win sh@t in club level,i'd argue that Galis is overrated.I see him in lists of top 5 europeans quite frequently(how european he was is another story of course)

Rašo Nesterovič is so underated he can't even compete for the most-underated euro player award

Roger Grimau is terribly underated as well, while others I can think of at this moment would most get into "underated only" cathegory.

Quote Originally Posted by Joško Poljak Fan View Post
    Rašo Nesterovič is so underated he can't even compete for the most-underated euro player award
    Agree. Dominant center. Basically the same story as with Ilgauskas, it's just Nesterovič played for Slovenia NT (maybe constant failures of Slovenia has something to do with that also). While Ilgauskas could had nearly the same career as Pau Gasol if he wouldn't cut NT career and got Lebron a little bit earlier. I'm not saying he's underrated, but I believe few European fans understand how good he was at his prime. The same with Nesterovič.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Straight forward View Post
    Agree. Dominant center. Basically the same story as with Ilgauskas, it's just Nesterovič played for Slovenia NT (maybe constant failures of Slovenia has something to do with that also). While Ilgauskas could had nearly the same career as Pau Gasol if he wouldn't cut NT career and got Lebron a little bit earlier. I'm not saying he's underrated, but I believe few European fans understand how good he was at his prime. The same with Nesterovič.
    Big Z in his prime was the best Cavs player before Lebron and his skills at his size were matched by only few guys in history...I think he is correctly rated by american media, only some very bitter and quite stupid lithuanian fans are constantly trashing him, but that's expected really

Quote Originally Posted by Straight forward View Post
    El- Amin and D'or Fischer are Americans. Onan and Stonerook are surely here.
    Yeah, you are right. I just wrote the most underrated 5 of EL currently...
    Republic of FENERBAHÇE

Michael Wright

no doubt Harun Erdenay he was so smooth player.