Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 24

Thread: 2011 Adidas Nations Global Experience

  1. #1
    Senior Member sinobball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    5,391

    Default 2011 Adidas Nations Global Experience

    Starts next week. CBS Sports in US will carry some games I believe.

    http://www.adidasnations.com/teams/

    USA 2012 and 2013 are loaded with NBA lottery picks. The other rosters aren't available on the site, but I know the players have all arrived in L.A. Asia as usual will lose all the games by a big margin I believe...
    aim low, score high

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    USA/India
    Posts
    252

    Default

    In the US, the rosters are basically chosen from top ranked HS players in the country, because USA has an elaborate HS player ranking system. But how exactly are the intenational teams chosen, when there's no ranking system, and the various countries Basketball federations all have to be involved.

    Plus the fact that the International teams probably dont get the chance to practice together much, the players speak different languages, whereas the USA players are familiar with each other from AAU and various USA Basketball and HS competitions, I think gives them advantages in events like this.

    Isnt this event conflicting with the Nike Global Challenge?

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Italy
    Posts
    5,167

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Basketball View Post
    ...

    Isnt this event conflicting with the Nike Global Challenge?
    Was thinking the same, and the rosters show some players overlapping with NGC...we'll see!

  4. #4
    Senior Member sinobball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    5,391

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Basketball View Post
    But how exactly are the intenational teams chosen, when there's no ranking system, and the various countries Basketball federations all have to be involved.
    No I don't believe so. The Asian team mostly consists of players from a China camp in July, and then they'll probably add some players from New Zealand and Australia. Now even among junior players in China, the Adidas Campers were 3rd/4th tier at best (after U19 team which had 15 player at the time, and Nike Asian Camp which had the remaining good Chinese players). Unfortunately Adidas Basketball isn't very big in India, Iran, Lebanon or etc. Their Asian camps held in China were so much better in 2004 or so but it seems like they didn't care and have been completely overshadowed by the Nike camp in China.
    aim low, score high

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    USA/India
    Posts
    252

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sinobball View Post
    No I don't believe so. The Asian team mostly consists of players from a China camp in July, and then they'll probably add some players from New Zealand and Australia. Now even among junior players in China, the Adidas Campers were 3rd/4th tier at best (after U19 team which had 15 player at the time, and Nike Asian Camp which had the remaining good Chinese players). Unfortunately Adidas Basketball isn't very big in India, Iran, Lebanon or etc. Their Asian camps held in China were so much better in 2004 or so but it seems like they didn't care and have been completely overshadowed by the Nike camp in China.
    Even though theres no China team at Nike Global challenge, only Taiwanese team ... I would have to say Nike Hoop Summit is the premier event of this type (USA vs the World format), as far as getting together the strongest international team.

    the only true way to pick the strongest Asian team for an event like Adidas would be to select top one or two players from Korea, Iran, China, Japan, Lebanon, Philippines, etc at U-18 age levels ...

    but in these countries, are the 16 and 17 year olds all still in high school, like USA, or are some of them professionals? At what age can a player in China start in CBA?

    Ive read that in China the players are identified and selected at a young age and then groomed for National team careers, similar to the old USSR style. But what about the kid who picks up Basketball late, and starts getting good around age of 16,17 or 18? Is it too late for him for represent his country or have chance for professional career.

    The switch from Adidas to Nike within China around 2004, wonder if it has anything to do with Kobe Bryant switching from Adidas to Nike around that time, considering how much he's involved in China.

  6. #6
    Senior Member sinobball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    5,391

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Basketball View Post
    Even though theres no China team at Nike Global challenge, only Taiwanese team ... I would have to say Nike Hoop Summit is the premier event of this type (USA vs the World format), as far as getting together the strongest international team.

    the only true way to pick the strongest Asian team for an event like Adidas would be to select top one or two players from Korea, Iran, China, Japan, Lebanon, Philippines, etc at U-18 age levels ...

    but in these countries, are the 16 and 17 year olds all still in high school, like USA, or are some of them professionals? At what age can a player in China start in CBA?

    Ive read that in China the players are identified and selected at a young age and then groomed for National team careers, similar to the old USSR style. But what about the kid who picks up Basketball late, and starts getting good around age of 16,17 or 18? Is it too late for him for represent his country or have chance for professional career.

    The switch from Adidas to Nike within China around 2004, wonder if it has anything to do with Kobe Bryant switching from Adidas to Nike around that time, considering how much he's involved in China.
    No, Nike All-Asia Camp had a longer history than Adidas, but Adidas made a strong push in 2004 or so and their Asian Camps those years were better, with lots of players from AUS/NZL/JPN/KOR/SIN/MAS/HKG/TPE etc. but in recent years the interest has waned (probably out of financial considerations) while Nike All-Asia camp got stronger.

    Chinese players can start CBA however old they want, of course, but I won't get into it since it's OT.

    Anyway the rosters have all been posted. There's even an Aussie team.


    Asia 2012

    ** Photo Coming Soon **

    Asia 2012
    # Player Pos. Height Team Home Town
    131 Steven Adams C 7’1” Scotts HS Wellington, NZ.
    3 Duo Ban PG 6’1” Shanxi China
    8 Yan Cao 2G 6’6” China Army China
    42 Jinming Cui 2G 6’4” Jilin China
    109 Tianyi Lui W 6’3 Jilin
    19 Kailun Guo 2G 6’3” Liaoning China
    27 Delong Han 2G 6’5” China Army China
    28 Jesse James PG 6’1” Marina Fountain Valley, CA
    44 Yubo Ji W 6’7” Zhejiang Guangsha China
    45 Qingxiang Li PG 6’3” Zhejiang China
    90 Jordan Ngatai W 6’7” Mana HS Wellington, NZ.
    22 Viko Noma’aea PG 6’1” Sierra Vista Las Vegas, NV.
    119 Yinglun Shao W 6’8” Guangdong Hongyuan China
    94 Yue Wang C 6’10” Foshan China
    132 Pengfei Yan C 6’10” Shanxi China
    78 Pengfei Zhu W 6’6” Dongguan Baining China

    COACHES: Alex English, Chris Rivers, Li Ren

    Africa 2012

    * Photo Coming Soon**

    Africa 2012
    # Player Pos. Height Team Home Country
    118 Obij Aget C 7’0” La Lumiere Sudan
    135 Ahmed Hamid Ahmed PF 6’8” Trent International Egypt
    133 Aly Mohamed Aly C 6’9” Trent International Egypt
    75 Ousmane Ba C 7’0 ” The Rock HS RD Congo
    107 Zena Edosmwan PF 6’7” Taft Nigeria
    102 Michel Enanga PG 6’2” Monte Verde Cameroon
    106 Khadim Fall PG 6’5” Le Mans, France Senegal
    46 Kevin Harley W 6’8” Poitiers, France Senegal
    15 Abdoulaye Harouna PG 6’4” None Niger
    136 Peter Jurkin C 7’0” United Faith Christ Sudan
    74 Emmanual Mudiay PG 6’3” Grace Prep Congo
    93 Abdoulaye Ndoye W 6’8” None Senegel
    100 Clint Ndumba-Capela PF 6’8” Chalon, Saone Congo
    101 Antony Racine PG 6’4” Insep, France Maurice Island

    COACHES: Detlef Schrempf, Babacar Sy, Sebastian Sako, Guillaume Vizade

    Australia 2012

    ** Photo Coming Soon **

    Australia 2012
    # Player Pos. Height Team Home Town
    18 Tom Daly G 6’2 Adelaide Adelaide
    17 Mirko Djeric G 6’4 AIS Canberra
    56 Nick Duncan C 6’6 Sydney Sydney
    13 Dante Exum G 6’4 AIS Canberra
    99 Joshua Derksen F 6’71/2 AIS Canberra
    16 Darcy Harding F 6’6 Canberra Canberra
    43 Matthew Jackson G 6’6 Melbourne Melbourne
    14 Michael Luxford G 5’11 Melbourne Melbourne
    110 Darcy Malone C 6’7 Canberra Canberra
    26 Owen Odigie F 6’5 AIS Canberra
    59 Jack Purchase F 6’6 Melbourne Melbourne
    47 Cade Towers F 6’7 AIS Canberra

    COACHES: Paul Goriss, Ian Stacker, Michelle Menso

    Europe 2012

    ** Photo Coming Soon **

    Europe 2012
    # Player Pos. Height Team Home Town
    2 Matej Kljaic
    Mislav Brzoja – inj
    4 Stripe Cubric
    12 Tomislav Grubisic
    57 Filip Kordic
    85 Stipe Krstanovic
    58 Marino Kucan
    50 Mario Mtasovic
    39 Dino Respesa
    24 Roko Rogic
    83 Domagoj Vukovic
    20 Stefan Zadravec

    COACHES: Robert Jurkovic, Dalibor Davidovic, Boris Sinkovic


    Latin America 2012

    ** Photo Coming Soon **

    Latin America 2012
    # Player Pos. Height Team Home Town
    103 Alesandro Alberto PG 6’3” Taft Panama
    71 Wannah Bail W 6’8” Trent Int. Bahamas
    36 Enrico Bueno G 6’4” Brazil
    125 Ricardo Gathers PF 6’7” Riverside New Orleans, LA
    96 Joel James C 6’10” Dwyer Jamaica
    5 Anthony Martinez PG 6’2” Gahr Los Angeles, CA
    117 Hanner Perea PF 6’8” La Lumiere Columbia
    73 Chris Reyes W 6’7” Damian Chino, CA
    95 Kaileb Rodriguez PF 6’9” Thunder Ridge Denver, CO
    72 Mauvin Saunders 2G 6’5” Kinkaid Bahamas

    COACHES: Ed Schilling, Jorge Melindez

    USA 2013 Blue

    ** Photo Coming Soon **

    USA 2013 BLUE
    # Player Pos. Height High School Home Town
    33 Nigel Williams-Goss G 6’3” Findlay Prep (NV) Henderson, NV
    34 Isaac Hamilton G 6’4” Crenshaw (CA) Los Angeles, CA
    62 Keith Frazier G 6’5 Irving (TX) Irving, TX
    6 Kasey Hill G 6’2” Montverde Academy (FL) Clermont, FL
    23 Solomon Poole G 6’1” Terry Parker (FL) Jacksonville, FL
    31 Theo Pinson G 6’5” Wesleyan Christian Academy (NC) Greensboro, NC
    68 Malik Price-Martin F 6’9” Monsignor Pace (FL) Miami, FL
    89 Jordan Mickey F 6’7” Berkner (TX) Richardson, TX
    76 Trey Lyles F 6’7” Arsenal Tech (IN) Camby, IN
    79 Karviar Shepherd C 6’10” Desoto (TX) Cedar Hill, TX

    COACHES: LaSalle Thompson, Alec Burks

    USA 2013 Red

    ** Photo Coming Soon **

    USA 2013 RED
    # Player Pos. Height High School Home Town
    7 Nate Britt G 6’1” Gonzaga College (DC) Upper Marlboro, MD
    29 Aaron Harrison G 6’5” Travis (TX) Richmond, TX
    30 Andrew Harrison G 6’5” Travis (TX) Richmond, TX
    51 Elijah Brown G 6’2” St. Edward (OH) Westlake, OH
    52 Shaqquan Aaron G/F 6’7” Mater Dei (CA) Apple Valley, CA
    67 Chris Walker F 6’8” Holmes County (FL) Dunwoody, GA
    84 Rodney Bullock F 6’7” Kecoughtan (VA) Hampton, VA
    91 Thomas Hamilton C 6’9” Whitney Young (IL) Chicago, IL
    65 Clifton Alexander C 6’10” Curie (IL) Chicago, IL

    COACHES: Tony Brown, Kenny McFadden

    USA 2012 Blue

    ** Photo Coming Soon **

    USA 2012 BLUE
    # Player Pos. Height High School Home Town
    32 Rodney Purvis G 6’4” Upper Room Christian (NC) Raleigh, NC
    48 Kris Dunn G 6’3” New London (CT) New London, CT
    37 Jordan Adams G 6’4 Oak Hill Academy (VA) Atlanta, GA
    105 Andre Drummond C 6’11” St. Thomas Moore (CT) Middeltown, CT
    63 Shabazz Muhammad G/F 6’5” Bishop Gorman (NV) Las Vegas, NV
    40 Amile Jefferson F 6’7” Friends Central (PA) Philadelphia, PA
    64 Winston Shepard F 6’8” Findlay Prep (NV) Fresno, TX
    35 Sam Dekker F 6’7” Sheboygan Lutheran (WI) Sheboygan, WI
    88 Isaiah Austin F/C 7’1” Grace Prep (TX) Burleson, TX
    120 Cameron Ridely C 6’9” Bush (TX) Richmond, TX

    COACHES: Don MacLean, Aubrey McCreary

    USA 2012 Red

    ** Photo Coming Soon **

    USA 2012 RED
    # Player Pos. Height High School Home Town
    41 Gabe York G 6’2” Orange Lutheran (CA) Walnut, CA
    77 Kyle Anderson G/F 6’8” St. Anthony (NJ) Fairview, NJ
    11 Yogi Ferrell G 5’11” Park Tudor (IN) Indianapolis, IN
    70 Shaq Goodwin F 6’7” Southwest Dekalb (GA) Decatur, GA
    87 Xavier Johnson F 6’6” Mater Dei (CA) Dana Point, CA
    61 Perry Ellis F 6’8” Wichita Heights (KS) Wichita, KS
    121 Dajuan Coleman C 6’9” Jamesville Dewitt (NY) Syracuse, NY
    66 Jordan Tebbutt G 6’5” Oak Hill Academy (VA) Tualatin, OR
    122 Robert Upshaw C 7’0” San Joaquin Memorial (CA) Fresno, CA
    97 Kaleb Tarczewski C 7’0” St. Mark’s School (MA) Clermont, NH

    COACHES: Mike Dunleavy, Satch Sullinger

    I thought the games start next week. Looks like they are ongoing! Team Asia and USA 2013 Red tied at half. Hmmm better than expected hahaha.... but seriously which Asian nationalities are these dudes: Jesse James, Viko Noma’aea...

    http://twitter.com/#!/adidasnations
    aim low, score high

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Italy
    Posts
    5,167

    Default

    Very intersting indeed.
    Europe team seems to be made by Croatia juniors mostly.
    If the games are already ongoing, then this and Nike GC tourney are overlapping.

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Italy
    Posts
    5,167

    Default

    http://twitter.com/#!/adidasnations says "all games this morning were exhibition games" !

  9. #9

    Default

    You didn't post the Canadian roster.

    Quote Originally Posted by sinobball View Post
    No, Nike All-Asia Camp had a longer history than Adidas, but Adidas made a strong push in 2004 or so and their Asian Camps those years were better, with lots of players from AUS/NZL/JPN/KOR/SIN/MAS/HKG/TPE etc. but in recent years the interest has waned (probably out of financial considerations) while Nike All-Asia camp got stronger.

    Chinese players can start CBA however old they want, of course, but I won't get into it since it's OT.

    Anyway the rosters have all been posted. There's even an Aussie team.


    Asia 2012

    ** Photo Coming Soon **

    Asia 2012
    # Player Pos. Height Team Home Town
    131 Steven Adams C 7’1” Scotts HS Wellington, NZ.
    3 Duo Ban PG 6’1” Shanxi China
    8 Yan Cao 2G 6’6” China Army China
    42 Jinming Cui 2G 6’4” Jilin China
    109 Tianyi Lui W 6’3 Jilin
    19 Kailun Guo 2G 6’3” Liaoning China
    27 Delong Han 2G 6’5” China Army China
    28 Jesse James PG 6’1” Marina Fountain Valley, CA
    44 Yubo Ji W 6’7” Zhejiang Guangsha China
    45 Qingxiang Li PG 6’3” Zhejiang China
    90 Jordan Ngatai W 6’7” Mana HS Wellington, NZ.
    22 Viko Noma’aea PG 6’1” Sierra Vista Las Vegas, NV.
    119 Yinglun Shao W 6’8” Guangdong Hongyuan China
    94 Yue Wang C 6’10” Foshan China
    132 Pengfei Yan C 6’10” Shanxi China
    78 Pengfei Zhu W 6’6” Dongguan Baining China

    COACHES: Alex English, Chris Rivers, Li Ren

    Africa 2012

    * Photo Coming Soon**

    Africa 2012
    # Player Pos. Height Team Home Country
    118 Obij Aget C 7’0” La Lumiere Sudan
    135 Ahmed Hamid Ahmed PF 6’8” Trent International Egypt
    133 Aly Mohamed Aly C 6’9” Trent International Egypt
    75 Ousmane Ba C 7’0 ” The Rock HS RD Congo
    107 Zena Edosmwan PF 6’7” Taft Nigeria
    102 Michel Enanga PG 6’2” Monte Verde Cameroon
    106 Khadim Fall PG 6’5” Le Mans, France Senegal
    46 Kevin Harley W 6’8” Poitiers, France Senegal
    15 Abdoulaye Harouna PG 6’4” None Niger
    136 Peter Jurkin C 7’0” United Faith Christ Sudan
    74 Emmanual Mudiay PG 6’3” Grace Prep Congo
    93 Abdoulaye Ndoye W 6’8” None Senegel
    100 Clint Ndumba-Capela PF 6’8” Chalon, Saone Congo
    101 Antony Racine PG 6’4” Insep, France Maurice Island

    COACHES: Detlef Schrempf, Babacar Sy, Sebastian Sako, Guillaume Vizade

    Australia 2012

    ** Photo Coming Soon **

    Australia 2012
    # Player Pos. Height Team Home Town
    18 Tom Daly G 6’2 Adelaide Adelaide
    17 Mirko Djeric G 6’4 AIS Canberra
    56 Nick Duncan C 6’6 Sydney Sydney
    13 Dante Exum G 6’4 AIS Canberra
    99 Joshua Derksen F 6’71/2 AIS Canberra
    16 Darcy Harding F 6’6 Canberra Canberra
    43 Matthew Jackson G 6’6 Melbourne Melbourne
    14 Michael Luxford G 5’11 Melbourne Melbourne
    110 Darcy Malone C 6’7 Canberra Canberra
    26 Owen Odigie F 6’5 AIS Canberra
    59 Jack Purchase F 6’6 Melbourne Melbourne
    47 Cade Towers F 6’7 AIS Canberra

    COACHES: Paul Goriss, Ian Stacker, Michelle Menso

    Europe 2012

    ** Photo Coming Soon **

    Europe 2012
    # Player Pos. Height Team Home Town
    2 Matej Kljaic
    Mislav Brzoja – inj
    4 Stripe Cubric
    12 Tomislav Grubisic
    57 Filip Kordic
    85 Stipe Krstanovic
    58 Marino Kucan
    50 Mario Mtasovic
    39 Dino Respesa
    24 Roko Rogic
    83 Domagoj Vukovic
    20 Stefan Zadravec

    COACHES: Robert Jurkovic, Dalibor Davidovic, Boris Sinkovic


    Latin America 2012

    ** Photo Coming Soon **

    Latin America 2012
    # Player Pos. Height Team Home Town
    103 Alesandro Alberto PG 6’3” Taft Panama
    71 Wannah Bail W 6’8” Trent Int. Bahamas
    36 Enrico Bueno G 6’4” Brazil
    125 Ricardo Gathers PF 6’7” Riverside New Orleans, LA
    96 Joel James C 6’10” Dwyer Jamaica
    5 Anthony Martinez PG 6’2” Gahr Los Angeles, CA
    117 Hanner Perea PF 6’8” La Lumiere Columbia
    73 Chris Reyes W 6’7” Damian Chino, CA
    95 Kaileb Rodriguez PF 6’9” Thunder Ridge Denver, CO
    72 Mauvin Saunders 2G 6’5” Kinkaid Bahamas

    COACHES: Ed Schilling, Jorge Melindez

    USA 2013 Blue

    ** Photo Coming Soon **

    USA 2013 BLUE
    # Player Pos. Height High School Home Town
    33 Nigel Williams-Goss G 6’3” Findlay Prep (NV) Henderson, NV
    34 Isaac Hamilton G 6’4” Crenshaw (CA) Los Angeles, CA
    62 Keith Frazier G 6’5 Irving (TX) Irving, TX
    6 Kasey Hill G 6’2” Montverde Academy (FL) Clermont, FL
    23 Solomon Poole G 6’1” Terry Parker (FL) Jacksonville, FL
    31 Theo Pinson G 6’5” Wesleyan Christian Academy (NC) Greensboro, NC
    68 Malik Price-Martin F 6’9” Monsignor Pace (FL) Miami, FL
    89 Jordan Mickey F 6’7” Berkner (TX) Richardson, TX
    76 Trey Lyles F 6’7” Arsenal Tech (IN) Camby, IN
    79 Karviar Shepherd C 6’10” Desoto (TX) Cedar Hill, TX

    COACHES: LaSalle Thompson, Alec Burks

    USA 2013 Red

    ** Photo Coming Soon **

    USA 2013 RED
    # Player Pos. Height High School Home Town
    7 Nate Britt G 6’1” Gonzaga College (DC) Upper Marlboro, MD
    29 Aaron Harrison G 6’5” Travis (TX) Richmond, TX
    30 Andrew Harrison G 6’5” Travis (TX) Richmond, TX
    51 Elijah Brown G 6’2” St. Edward (OH) Westlake, OH
    52 Shaqquan Aaron G/F 6’7” Mater Dei (CA) Apple Valley, CA
    67 Chris Walker F 6’8” Holmes County (FL) Dunwoody, GA
    84 Rodney Bullock F 6’7” Kecoughtan (VA) Hampton, VA
    91 Thomas Hamilton C 6’9” Whitney Young (IL) Chicago, IL
    65 Clifton Alexander C 6’10” Curie (IL) Chicago, IL

    COACHES: Tony Brown, Kenny McFadden

    USA 2012 Blue

    ** Photo Coming Soon **

    USA 2012 BLUE
    # Player Pos. Height High School Home Town
    32 Rodney Purvis G 6’4” Upper Room Christian (NC) Raleigh, NC
    48 Kris Dunn G 6’3” New London (CT) New London, CT
    37 Jordan Adams G 6’4 Oak Hill Academy (VA) Atlanta, GA
    105 Andre Drummond C 6’11” St. Thomas Moore (CT) Middeltown, CT
    63 Shabazz Muhammad G/F 6’5” Bishop Gorman (NV) Las Vegas, NV
    40 Amile Jefferson F 6’7” Friends Central (PA) Philadelphia, PA
    64 Winston Shepard F 6’8” Findlay Prep (NV) Fresno, TX
    35 Sam Dekker F 6’7” Sheboygan Lutheran (WI) Sheboygan, WI
    88 Isaiah Austin F/C 7’1” Grace Prep (TX) Burleson, TX
    120 Cameron Ridely C 6’9” Bush (TX) Richmond, TX

    COACHES: Don MacLean, Aubrey McCreary

    USA 2012 Red

    ** Photo Coming Soon **

    USA 2012 RED
    # Player Pos. Height High School Home Town
    41 Gabe York G 6’2” Orange Lutheran (CA) Walnut, CA
    77 Kyle Anderson G/F 6’8” St. Anthony (NJ) Fairview, NJ
    11 Yogi Ferrell G 5’11” Park Tudor (IN) Indianapolis, IN
    70 Shaq Goodwin F 6’7” Southwest Dekalb (GA) Decatur, GA
    87 Xavier Johnson F 6’6” Mater Dei (CA) Dana Point, CA
    61 Perry Ellis F 6’8” Wichita Heights (KS) Wichita, KS
    121 Dajuan Coleman C 6’9” Jamesville Dewitt (NY) Syracuse, NY
    66 Jordan Tebbutt G 6’5” Oak Hill Academy (VA) Tualatin, OR
    122 Robert Upshaw C 7’0” San Joaquin Memorial (CA) Fresno, CA
    97 Kaleb Tarczewski C 7’0” St. Mark’s School (MA) Clermont, NH

    COACHES: Mike Dunleavy, Satch Sullinger

    I thought the games start next week. Looks like they are ongoing! Team Asia and USA 2013 Red tied at half. Hmmm better than expected hahaha.... but seriously which Asian nationalities are these dudes: Jesse James, Viko Noma’aea...

    http://twitter.com/#!/adidasnations

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Italy
    Posts
    5,167

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by thespywhozaggedme View Post
    You didn't post the Canadian roster.
    There's no Canada team afaik.
    Teams are 9, 4xUSA, Australia, Asia, Africa, Europe & Latin America.

  11. #11
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Italy
    Posts
    5,167

    Default

    After 2 rounds played all USA teams are still undefeated, though several games were hard-fought.
    USA best are small players, except Drummond who's immense.
    17yr 6-11 Kiwi center Steven Adams (playing for Asia) is a monster.

  12. #12
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Italy
    Posts
    5,167

  13. #13
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Italy
    Posts
    5,167

    Default

    Day 2 results.

    Morning games:
    USA 2012 Blue - Latin America 94-74 (Andre Drummond 20+12, Cameron Ridley 14+10)
    USA 2013 Blue - Europe 95-82 (Keith Frazier 20pts, with 6 threes)
    USA 2012 Red - Africa 81-61 (Gabe York 22, Yogi Ferrell 13+11+3ast)
    USA 2013 Red - Asia 92-84 (Chris Walker 27+10, Steven Adams 37+14 for Asia)

    Evening games:
    USA 2012 Blue - USA 2013 Blue 102-98 (Cameron Ridley 23+8)
    USA 2013 Red - USA 2012 Red 76-72 (Chris Walker 10+10)
    Europe - Latina America 84-69 (Roko Rojic 18+11+3ast)
    Africa - Australia 29-29 (1st half)

    From: http://twitter.com/#!/adidasnations

  14. #14
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Italy
    Posts
    5,167

    Default

    Day 3:

    USA 2012 Blue - Europe 99-95 OT (Sam Dekker 24)
    USA 2012 Red - Asia 82-63 (Gabe York 23+4, Kyle Anderson 18+9, Steven Adams 20-24 for Asia)
    USA 2013 Red - Australia 71-66 (Rodney Bullock 16+9)
    USA 2013 Blue - Latin America 98-70 (Isaac Hamilton 11+3 at halftime)

    USA 2012 Blue and 2013 Red undefeated.

  15. #15
    Senior Member NorCal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Sacramento, CA
    Posts
    972
    Country: United States

    Default

    I know this has all been pool play, is there going to be some type of playoff or at least a single championship game?

  16. #16
    Senior Member CKR13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Roanoke, VA
    Posts
    22,080
    Country: United States

    Default

    Andre Drummond is a beast. While I will be watching the replays later. Eager to see the Harrison twins as well as Rodney Purvis play.
    Sacramento Kings
    HERE WE STAY UNTIL THE COWBELLS COME HOME

  17. #17
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Italy
    Posts
    5,167

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NorCal View Post
    I know this has all been pool play, is there going to be some type of playoff or at least a single championship game?
    The game schedule looks a bit confusing to me, nevertheless it seems from A-Nations Twitter that play offs are on-going.

    Yesterday's late results:

    USA 2013 Red - USA 2013 Blue 55-48 (stats to follow)
    USA 2012 Blue - USA 2012 Red 87-86 (Andre Drummond 18+16) "USA Blue advance to the finals".
    Australia - Europe 63-61 (Owen Odigie 25)
    Africa - Asia 41-29 (halftime)

    http://twitter.com/#!/adidasnations

  18. #18

    Default 2011 adidas Nations: Day 2 Recap


  19. #19
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Italy
    Posts
    5,167

    Default

    USA 2012 Blue, behind the scoring of Amile Jefferson, Andre Drummond, Rodney Purvis and Cameron Ridley defeated USA 2013 Red and is the 2011 champion.

    http://www.maxpreps.com/news/zd7xAcI...as-nations.htm
    http://twitpic.com/638e9j

  20. #20
    Senior Member CKR13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Roanoke, VA
    Posts
    22,080
    Country: United States

    Default

    Gabe York has gotten the attention of everyone. 24.6 points, 3.8 rebounds and 2.0 assists for the first four games of Team USA 2012 Red.
    Sacramento Kings
    HERE WE STAY UNTIL THE COWBELLS COME HOME

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •