which countries/cities have u been to?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PHILIPeurobasket
    I also have this same question what qiangdade - really ?
    well, nope. but a lot of my travel is related to my work.

Comment

Latvia: Riga (twice), Ventspils (twice), Valmiera - always one day trips, so not much to tell. Anyway I liked my time there
      Estonia: Tallinn (3 times, 7 days overall) - enjoyed it more than Riga, but of course I spent much more time there. The first two times I was there it was mostly raining, but third time was much better
      Poland: Krakow (two times, 2 days) - Nice city, plenty to see there, but it was only sightseeing both times, so not much to tell.
      Sweden: Norkoping, Stockholm - absolutely wonderful time there! It has the most to do with Lithuania winning EC03, but when in Norkoping in September weather was very good for what I expected from Sweden and we had great parties with great people. Fantastic memories
      Slovenia: Novo Mesto - small town or big village in winter... hrrr... Also we got lost in Slovenian mountains driving to the place, but generally I liked the trip (alcohol probably has everything to do with it )
      Greece: Athens (during Olympics), Argostoli and Amaliada (this summer) - Olympics was obviously a great experience as well. Lived far from the city, but near the sea, Ouzo, great people and parties again. Staying in the city after games was amazing as well, with nightlife lasting till the morning light. Argostoli in beautiful island was a nice place too. Amaliada - very dull city, but as we stayed in the best Greece hotel near the Mediterranean sea, who cared about the city
      Montenegro: Podgorica and Petrovac - trip to Montenegro over the mountain roads was a killer one, but time spent there compensated everything.
      Serbia: Belgrad - Nothing too fancy apart basketball. Some parties in Lithuanian bar created just for the time of EC.
      Italy: Treviso and Venice - two nice cities. We lost on the way out of Venice and spent over 2 hours walking in circles, so killed the mood a bit. Anyway it was nice trip.
      Also drove through Czech Republic (spent 2 nights in hotels there), Slovakia, Hungary, Bulgaria and Austria.

Comment

Lithuania - almost every town - center of municipality, except Å ilutė, Skuodas, Å akiai, Å venčionėliai and VilkaviÅ¡kis.
        Latvia - Riga, Bauska, Ogre, Daugavpils, Sigulda, Kuldiga, Cesis and many other towns. I travel there a lot, as I have relatives there.
        Estonia - Tallinn (once - a trip to the port of Tallin, other time - a business trip)
        Poland - Warsaw - three or four times, but mostly a drive-through.
        Belarus - Polack, Braslau - I go there once or twice a year.
        Ukraine - Odessa - I spent two weeks with my parents by the seashore of the Black sea like 20 years ago.
        Russia - Moscow. I have worked there in the summer of 2000 for 1,5 months.
        France - Paris, Disneyland. A travel by bus more than ten years ago. In the our bus I was infected with the chickenpox.
        Germany - Berlin, Leipzig, Koln, Hamburg, Heide park - bus trips; Frankfurt/Main (airport).
        Denmark - Legoland (don't know the name of the city).
        Czech republic - Prague (twice - once a tourism trip, second time - business), Splindleruv Mlyn - skiing resort.
        Sweden - Stockholm, Vimmerby - a visit to a town, my hometown has friendly relations with.
        USA - New York, Boston, Hampton Beach (NH), Portsmouth (NH) - Work and travel program in the summer and autumn of 2001.

Comment

beside israel.
          i've been to Poland on a school trip which is a very common thing in israel. it was basically Warsaw-Krakow trip with few minor extras.
          been to the UK (London only) before i joined the army.
          been twice in India (for a total of about 10 monthes), pretty much all-over though there's still much i havn't seen and i wish to go back (i consider myself to be pretty much of an expert so if somebody is looking for travel tips - feel free).
          last year i met zalgrinis at the EC in Belgrad and while he was in Podgorica with the lith NT i was in Novisad with the israeli team. since i had a flight from Budapest i managed to get a glance at it - though it wasn't much.
          i hope to go next year to the EC in Spain (regardless of israel presence there), southern Spain should be interesting to visit even with no basketball reasons and if israel won't make it i'll hopefuly have enough time to try and explore some of it.

Comment

Greece: Athens (during Olympics), Argostoli and Amaliada (this summer) - Olympics was obviously a great experience as well. Lived far from the city, but near the sea, Ouzo, great people and parties again. Staying in the city after games was amazing as well, with nightlife lasting till the morning light. Argostoli in beautiful island was a nice place too. Amaliada - very dull city, but as we stayed in the best Greece hotel near the Mediterranean sea, who cared about the city
            zalgirinis you went to amaliada for what reason?the under 18 european championship?my parents were born and raised there and i go every summer!i agree is rather a dull city because everyone at summer is outside the city in kourouta beach!the beaches there are great aren't they?as for the hotel i know which one you mean and agree is a great hotel!
            http://enwsisofwn.blogspot.com/
            Live your life with basketball

P.E.O.S. - The return of the wise men!

Comment

i have been to france (montpellier) and israel (tel aviv).

countries i would like to visit in the future are syria and albania..

Comment

I've been only in Austria (Vienna, Graz, Klagenfurt, etc.), Croatia (all over), Italy (Trevisio, Trieste), Hungary (Budapest), and all over Slovenia.

Countries I would like to visit - whole world.

Originally posted by rchos7
                zalgirinis you went to amaliada for what reason?the under 18 european championship?
                Yeah, the mofo was there.

Comment

zalgirinis you went to amaliada for what reason?the under 18 european championship?my parents were born and raised there and i go every summer!i agree is rather a dull city because everyone at summer is outside the city in kourouta beach!the beaches there are great aren't they?as for the hotel i know which one you mean and agree is a great hotel!
                  Yea, I was in Argostoli and Amaliada for Under-18 European Championship. And yea beaches were perfect as were more than 20 pools in that hotel

Originally posted by elaj
                  Yeah, the mofo was there.
                  [17:11] Matej (eLi): thanks for your help, master
                  [17:11] Matej (eLi):
                  [17:11] Almantas: Im gonna quote that in IBN
                  [17:12] Almantas: you wouldnt like that?
                  [17:13] Matej (eLi): ofcourse not
                  [17:13] Matej (eLi):
                  [17:13] Almantas: I'll have it as backup if you ever frustrate me

Here you are, my slave

Comment

Originally posted by ziv
                    been twice in India (for a total of about 10 monthes), pretty much all-over though there's still much i havn't seen and i wish to go back (i consider myself to be pretty much of an expert so if somebody is looking for travel tips - feel free).
                    I would LOVE to go to India. Love Indian food, though I have heard that if you don't look Indian, you are going to be bothered frequently by beggars, taxi drivers, merchants...

Stuart
                    http://www.facebook.com/interbasket
                    http://www.twitter.com/interbasket
                    http://www.interbasket.net

Comment

Greece:some islands but there are to many so i have a lot left to visit!
                      France: paris,nancy,dijon,disneyland
                      England:london,ipswich
                      Italy:ancona,rome,venice,florence,turin,milan,bergamo
                      Switzerland:bern
                      Turkey:marmaris,cesme,izmir
                      Austria:wien,salzburg
                      Slovakia:bratislava
                      Finland:elsinki,turku,rovaniemi
                      Norway:hammerfest,nordkapp
                      Portugal:lisbon,porto,coimbra,aveiro(one time i went only for one day in lisbon from greece.great day it was!4th of july 2004!greece euro champs in football.estadio da luz!
                      Germany:frankfurt,wiesbaden
                      USA:new york(i was in the twin towers in the last floor at 11th augost 2001.exactly one month before the attack),new jersey,washington,philadelphia,buffalo
                      Canada:toronto,niagara falls
                      Thailand:bangkok,phuket islands,pattaya,river kwai(this is my last trip.i went in april)

next trip:in october i will go prague
                      i must go cuba,ireland,brasil,argentina!

Comment

Originally posted by stuart
                        I would LOVE to go to India. Love Indian food, though I have heard that if you don't look Indian, you are going to be bothered frequently by beggars, taxi drivers, merchants...

Stuart
                        that's espcially true in the big cities and in the tourists hubs which i personally tried to avoid. but yes - it is realy disturbing. indian food is just incredible, you can easily except to taste at least half a dosen variations to the same dish and if having a long trip across the sub-continent. well i can keep on talking about it for an entire thread. anyway - it's not just the food, it's everything. that's a total expreince which effects all of your senses, smell, hear, touch, taste, see. everything is just so different than what you're used to - and no less, it is different than what you've excpected on your way there. some find this totality overwhelming and just can't take it but when (and if) you get used to it you discover an entire different world.

Comment

Portugal:lisbon,porto,coimbra,aveiro(one time i went only for one day in lisbon from greece.great day it was!4th of july 2004!greece euro champs in football.estadio da luz!
                          USA:new york(i was in the twin towers in the last floor at 11th augost 2001.exactly one month before the attack),new jersey,washington,philadelphia,buffalo
                          Thailand:bangkok,phuket islands,pattaya,river kwai(this is my last trip.i went in april)

GOSH!! I can only assume u r not in your 20s and not all your travels were purely for fun
                          sigpic

The basketball shop.

https://www.interbasket.net/forums/s...-Obradovic-Era

Comment

Hey man whats your job? Santa Clauss?

Comment

Originally posted by HABIBI
                              Hey man whats your job? Santa Clauss?
                              HILARIOUS!! LMAO!! good one
                              sigpic

The basketball shop.

https://www.interbasket.net/forums/s...-Obradovic-Era

Comment

GOSH!! I can only assume u r not in your 20s and not all your travels were purely for fun
                                i was born 29 january 1985.
                                thank god we don't have econimic problems.i am not latsis or onasis not even spanos or piladakis.but from little child every summer we traveled with my family outside greece.my first trip was when i was 8 in disneyland paris.
                                but also you are correct that not all my travels are purely for fun.the last 4-5 years i travel together with my parents for bussines purposses because they speak only greek so they need me for interpreter and as all greek parents they want me to learn the job so i can take over after they stop working!last february we went to frankfurt in an exhibition and i lost my exams in univesity for that!
                                also all the year i work and save money so i can travel because i love trips with friends!

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information