• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I thought it was this CMI
    Die Liebe wird eine Krankheit, wenn man sie als eine Heilung sieht
    Artificial Nature

Comment

• Originally posted by robbe View Post

Not alone ... although it's probably more interesting travelling alone regarding conversations etc.

5 Euros may be exaggerated, but it is expensive.

What I really miss is the food. Delicious (although obviously not everyone would agree) and incredibly healthy.

Most baffling? Their toilets.
      Yeah Japanese food for those that are curious and like to try is quite nice and extremely nutritious
      Did you get into any embarassing, funny, cool incidents that happened to you while in Japan?

I was once eating at a McDonald's in London and saw this distressed Japanese girl standing with her tray of food and waiting to find a place to sit as all the tables were occupied.. Being the gentlemen that I am I invited her to sit with me on the same table... She pleasantly agreed and was very thankful. I was able to know from her broken english that she wanted to go to a place in Picadilly Circus (can't remember the exact name) but didn't know how to get there. I told her that I have no problem taking her to that place and she also kept thanking me.... After we arrived and I showed her the location all of a sudden she bowed to me... I was shocked and didn't how to react as I was dumbfounded so I was like errrr... hmmm.... thanks.... and then realized that I should bow back so that's what I did .

As for the toilets do you mean those cool toilets with buttons on them and stuff... Sorry but do these toilets like automatically wipe and clean your a$$ without the need for you to do anything other than press a button
      Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by robbe View Post
        Carmelites of Mary Immaculate? I too have a deep fear of all these religious fanatics.
        I was dealing with professors. Far more frightening!

I see that Romania is now on Google Streetview so I can cross Bucharest off the travel list.
        Originally posted by Fedfan
        Most ppl get childish when they lose.
        Originally posted by GuTO
        refs in games of Spain walks with literally poop in his pants afraid of the Spanish players

Comment

• Just came off Balkan tour. I visited Sarajevo, Mostar and Dubrovnik. It was awsome, the whole trip (by car) was really something.

Comment

• Originally posted by elaj View Post
            Just came off Balkan tour. I visited Sarajevo, Mostar and Dubrovnik. It was awsome, the whole trip (by car) was really something.
            Wow. That's a lot cooler than my drive to Mammoth Cave, Kentucky. It was a good trip, but it's not Sarajevo.

It was a nice trip, though. The caves are a World Heritage site and they deserve it. It's very beautiful and scary.
            "I really like the attitudes of eagles. They never give up. When they grab a fish or something else, they never let it go. It doesn't matter. In a book, they write they find a skeleton of [an] eagle and there is no fish. It means that the fish beat him and killed him, but he didn't let go." -- Donatas Motiejunas

Comment

• Been to A lot of places in Ontario also Lahore, Dubai, Karachi, and mostly Middle eastern countries and cities

Comment

• Been to Portugal last week.Amazing country especially Lisboa and more especially Baixa Chiado.Ate more bacallau in 7 days than in my entire life together.Also Pallacio da Pena is the most amazing palace I have ever been to,and I have visited MANY.
                "The worst part is wondering how you’ll find the strength tomorrow to go on doing what you did today and have been doing for much too long,where you’ll find the strength for all that stupid running around,those attempts to escape from crushing necessity,which always founder and serve only to convince you one more time that destiny is implacable,that every night will find you down and out,crushed by the dread of more and more sordid and insecure tomorrows.~Céline

Comment

• Originally posted by Fedfan View Post
                  Been to Portugal last week.Amazing country especially Lisboa and more especially Baixa Chiado.Ate more bacallau in 7 days than in my entire life together.Also Pallacio da Pena is the most amazing palace I have ever been to,and I have visited MANY.
                  Bacalhau (cod fish) is a national obsession
                  Sintra is absolutely a must if you come to Portugal. Did you also visit Quinta da Regaleira or Parque de Monserrate? They're wonderful.
                  Die Liebe wird eine Krankheit, wenn man sie als eine Heilung sieht
                  Artificial Nature

Comment

• Originally posted by rikhardur View Post
                    Bacalhau (cod fish) is a national obsession
                    Sintra is absolutely a must if you come to Portugal. Did you also visit Quinta da Regaleira or Parque de Monserrate? They're wonderful.
                    hehe I got that!Supermarket on New Year's Eve,everybody half crazy to buy everything (including blue underwear)in the last minute (and I thought we were the worst!)camarao,bacalhau,polvo,oysters,crabs,eels,s almon,fishes everything from the huuge fish kiosk.I really enjoyed your cuisine!
                    No-we lost time because they wanted to visit the Benfica stadium and also had to endure lectures about hooow important is Benfica for Portugal and how it has the most fans around the world,even more than Man.U and Barca and how Porto payed for the championships it has won.-needless to say,I left becoming a fanatic Sporting-I only visited Pena the Pallacio and the magnificent Sequoia Pena Park.It took me more than 4 hours and was too tired to walk any more. Spent the rest of the afternoon,drinking ginjas in chocolate cups and trying the Sintra pasteilles (i forgot the name).
                    My only regret was that I didn't had enough time to visit Pessoa's house,but maybe it was for the better,because I went to the Brazilleiro caffeteria and the overcomersaliation of his face and his name,made me a little angry.
                    "The worst part is wondering how you’ll find the strength tomorrow to go on doing what you did today and have been doing for much too long,where you’ll find the strength for all that stupid running around,those attempts to escape from crushing necessity,which always founder and serve only to convince you one more time that destiny is implacable,that every night will find you down and out,crushed by the dread of more and more sordid and insecure tomorrows.~Céline

Comment

• Neun im drei weckla bitte...OK I am American and I run the world and the bitte is optional.

So some random dude at a bierhalle in Munich came up to me and asked where I was from. He thought I was Russian? Should I be insulted?
                      refs in games of Spain walks with literally poop in his pants afraid of the Spanish players

Comment

• Been to Israel a week or so ago, more specifically to Tel Aviv and Jerusalem. Two really great places to visit. Definitely wasn't my last time there. I really recommend to everyone.

First one is modern, metropolitan seaside city while the second one is a historical place which is really worth to see and experience. I had an amazing time, party wise Tel Aviv is awesome - maybe a bit expensive (among TOP20 expensive cities in the world, I was told) but still has a lot of things to offer (bars, clubs etc).

Jerusalem was also a great experience but of course different - more cultural wise. I liked the mix between Arab and Jewish/Catholic world... highly recommended. Israel made a great impression on me mostly probably because of the great people I meet there and hanged out with...
                        Last edited by elaj; 02-11-2011, 11:37 PM.

Comment

• Iceland. June. Should?

Comment

• Saint Petersburg...
                            Unbelievable beautiful city, full of history.
                            Everybody should see it at least one time...
                            Republic of FENERBAHÇE

Comment

• Living in Bologna right now, having been around in Ravenna(Very nice place), Ferrara, Venice, Milan(but just visited night clubs and subway), Rimini(shit place, very awful) and had some classes in Forli(Duce's city).

If I have time, would like to go around Latin America this summer, the length of the trip will depend on how much time I will have.

And next semester should be in Moscow(if the Uni can confirm the program, else, Mexico).
                              It's a bird? It's a plane? No, it's Rudy!

Comment

• Originally posted by JGX View Post
                                Iceland. June. Should?
                                Am.

I will also be spreading democracy to Helsinki this spring. Maybe Tallinn as well. Do they still have KGB there?

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information