No announcement yet.

The Phoenix Suns Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• that 15M$+ Bledsoe reportedly wants per season, well if it wasn't for his health history I think some teams might even consider that but right now that's way too much to ask imo. He is a great player, but any team that will pay him that sum will be at a dissadvantage compared to others.
    Originally posted by Jon_Koncak
    That's funny shit.I cant believe there are sports fans thinking like it.It's like Federer losing to random Japanese player in round 1 of French Open but tournament director stepping in and saying "hey it was a fluke win who wants to watch a random Japanese guy in next round,Federer qualifies"

Comment

• Dragic looking to re-sign quickly despite being an unrestricted free agent next summer.
      NBA rumors surrounding Goran Dragic who released a statement to a reporter in Spain during the FIBA World Cup that he intends to quickly resign with the Phoenix Suns next summer when he becomes an unrestricted free agent.
      Sacramento Kings
      HERE WE STAY UNTIL THE COWBELLS COME HOME

Comment

• Originally posted by CKR13 View Post
        Dragic looking to re-sign quickly despite being an unrestricted free agent next summer.
        http://www.vcpost.com/articles/26452...ext-summer.htm
        I wouldn't be so sure about that, there are rumours coming from people close to Goran Phoenix management is in for a sign&trade. On the other hand Phoenix is also rumoured to be among the teams that are interested in signing his brother Zoran and Goran mentioned there is a big possibility they'd both play there.
        He did publicly mention on numerous occasions that he prefers staying in Phoenix. My guess would be he'd be staying even at an expense of a lower contract.
        Last edited by Joško Poljak Fan; 09-11-2014, 10:58 AM.
        That's funny shit.I cant believe there are sports fans thinking like it.It's like Federer losing to random Japanese player in round 1 of French Open but tournament director stepping in and saying "hey it was a fluke win who wants to watch a random Japanese guy in next round,Federer qualifies"

Comment

• Originally posted by Joško Poljak Fan View Post
          I wouldn't be so sure about that, there are rumours coming from people close to Goran Phoenix management is in for a sign&trade. On the other hand Phoenix is also rumoured to be among the teams that are interested in signing his brother Zoran and Goran mentioned there is a big possibility they'd both play there.
          He did publicly mention on numerous occasions that he prefers staying in Phoenix. My guess would be he'd be staying even at an expense of a lower contract.
          Maybe they are preparing for a trade and that's why they are signing him. I don't think Zoran is what Phoenix really needs now, though this is probably the time to get him. Our front court hasn't improved during the break. Len got buffed up, a bit, can't wait to see if he will be more dominant this year.

Comment

I think Dragic will stay but anything can happen next summer. But I expect a resolution to Eric Bledsoe's situation before training camp opens.
            Sacramento Kings

Comment

• Originally posted by Milos.Djuric View Post
              Maybe they are preparing for a trade and that's why they are signing him. I don't think Zoran is what Phoenix really needs now, though this is probably the time to get him. Our front court hasn't improved during the break. Len got buffed up, a bit, can't wait to see if he will be more dominant this year.
              Speaking of Zoran, Kings and Trailblazers are interested in him. Now if somehow Kings landed Zoran, that would be something as both Dragic bros are on the pacific division.
              Sacramento Kings

Comment

• They need to trade Bledsoe somehow. I'm afraid that no team wants him as he acted like a total a55hole. I think it will be 5 months now that the team hasn't heard a word from him personally. He should have signed the 12 mil per year/4 years and got traded. I understand that he wants max as he is injury prone and maybe doesn't have a lot of playing years left, but that was an unreasonable decision. You have to follow the rules of the market. No one is going to give max to an injury prone player that played one good half season and even that was not in continuity, most of the games were before the injury and his stats fell down after.

I like it if Dragon stays. Goran is now the leader of this team (from my perspective) and he is now used to functioning with this team and coach. As we are going towards trading Bledsoe I don't think we are going to trade Dragic. Except if we are getting something crazy good from him. But that would mean that we will rely on Thomas and Bledsoe (?) and I don't like that. Bledsoe is not happy here, and I would like for us to have another older player together with Thomas so they fill in the gaps in between.
                I just hope we can get value for Bledsoe, I was so sad when we missed the playoff last year, I knew it would come to those last 2 games and it did.

About ZDragic I'm not sure if it's his time to go to the NBA, maybe it would be better next year, he's maybe a bit undersized for his position, but it would be cool to see him in the Kings (or NBA). I would like to see Kings getting back on the track, when I look at them and Milwaukee I have a feeling like they are the back alley dumpster of the league, meaning that almost nobody wants to play there and it sucks . That's just a feeling I get. I don't really have a lot of faith in the league improving these teams that are usually in the bottom. I'm not sure if Cleveland would have ever risen from the gutter if it was not for Bron. I don't think so. I would like to see an effort from the league to make the competition more interesting, let us have some more competitiveness in the league. Not to create powerhouses and continue this league where more then half teams play "let's play 20 games and then tank or fight for playoffs". So much effort has been put into all this noise about owners, don't get me wrong, they should do something about that, but I think it was overblown and that NBA is more broken then that. There are more pressing matters that they should start working on. Seriously.

Comment

• It will probably be hard to trade Bledsoe with his expectations and his health record, any way you look at it.
                  Surprisingly enough ESPN is saying Zoran is close to signing a 2 years deal with the suns. With all those guards out there and without Bledsoe being traded, I don't see any minutes for him sadly. I hope Suns aren't just signing him to ensure Goran would resign, as with some chance and withinsome suitable system, Zoran could actually do well as a backup SG imo (as obscure as that might have sounded 4-5 years ago), it would be a waste of his recent progress to warm the bench for a year. And in case Goodwin plays the way I expect from him, that's exactly what will happen.

Comment

It will probably be hard to trade Bledsoe with his expectations and his health record, any way you look at it.
                    Surprisingly enough ESPN is saying Zoran is close to signing a 2 years deal with the suns. With all those guards out there and without Bledsoe being traded, I don't see any minutes for him sadly. I hope Suns aren't just signing him to ensure Goran would resign, as with some chance and withinsome suitable system, Zoran could actually do well as a backup SG imo (as obscure as that might have sounded 4-5 years ago), it would be a waste of his recent progress to warm the bench for a year. And in case Goodwin plays the way I expect from him, that's exactly what will happen.
                    I have a lot of faith in Hornacek as a coach. Unfortunately you may be right that this will not be a good deal for Zoran, but it will be a good deal for PNX. And Minnesota just messed it up for PNX with Bledsoe, they offered the max he wanted all this time. If they want to move Bledsoe they have to send some value towards Phoenix because they will be over the salary cap, so they must do a sign-and-trade type of offer, and the only thing we are missing now is some legit front court player like Pekovic. I know I know it sounds funny, but I'm serious-ish. I would actually be OK with Thaddeus Young or Luol Dieng also (or both as they together don't mach Bledsoe max). For us Bledsoe is becoming dead weight coming into the season and we need improvement in the front court sooo much.

Comment

It will probably be hard to trade Bledsoe with his expectations and his health record, any way you look at it.
                      Personally I see Goodwin as a guy who if he wasn't a highly ranked recruit would not have gotten drafted out of Kentucky. He's a ballhog who only plays point guard so he'll have the ball in his hands as much as possible and he screws up any offense with the way he dominates the ball. If somebody would sit him down and tell him he's a shooting guard and to play like one rather than trying to be a point guard just to have the ball in his hands, he could be a pretty decent 2 guard. I doubt that will happen in this day and age though.

If I'm the Suns I would definitely trade Bledsoe just because it seems like the relationship has soured and Dragic had a breakout season last year. Personally, I would love to see the Suns do a three-team trade with Minnesota and Cleveland and get Waiters out of the deal somehow. He would be great with the Suns, I think.

Comment

• Originally posted by CHBB View Post
                        If I'm the Suns I would definitely trade Bledsoe just because it seems like the relationship has soured and Dragic had a breakout season last year. Personally, I would love to see the Suns do a three-team trade with Minnesota and Cleveland and get Waiters out of the deal somehow. He would be great with the Suns, I think.
                        Actually now that I think about it adding Z. Dragic wouldn't be a bad move at all, especially now that Bledsoe leaving is almost certain. Waiters would be a bigger asset than Goodwin that's for sure, but still that is not the value we're really after, we need a PF or a C who can get us rebounds, and to be more of a danger so we can spread the floor. We have Len and Plumlee there, and Plumlee has mostly been a tree, while Len I hope that Len will become a presence with his new bulk, but we need more than that in the front, that's where our biggest hole is.

Comment

• Now that I think about it... what the hell are the Suns doing? They now have (assuming they trade Bledsoe) 3 guys who are listed as point guards (one of whom was their first pick in this year's draft) and one guy who tries to play point guard. Two of those players are starting point guards and the other was drafted to be one. They have one supposed starting shooting guard and another who did start but honestly has had questions about him for most of his career. They need to make trades just to get rid of at least one point guard after they get rid of Bledsoe, and to get a starting shooting guard in case Goodwin plays like I figure he will. What are they thinking?

Comment

Now that I think about it... what the hell are the Suns doing? They now have (assuming they trade Bledsoe) 3 guys who are listed as point guards (one of whom was their first pick in this year's draft) and one guy who tries to play point guard. Two of those players are starting point guards and the other was drafted to be one. They have one supposed starting shooting guard and another who did start but honestly has had questions about him for most of his career. They need to make trades just to get rid of at least one point guard after they get rid of Bledsoe, and to get a starting shooting guard in case Goodwin plays like I figure he will. What are they thinking?
                            I'm not sure how much time Archie will get, and I wouldn't be surprised to see 2 of those 3 together on the floor. When Thomas got into PNX there was a lot of talk that it would be Dragon who would leave as he will be a FA next year, maybe they wanted to keep Bledsoe but we know what happened there...I think Bledsoe should get away from Phoenix fast, as I don't think there is any love left for him in Phoenix (fans and team wise).

Comment

Now that I think about it... what the hell are the Suns doing? They now have (assuming they trade Bledsoe) 3 guys who are listed as point guards (one of whom was their first pick in this year's draft) and one guy who tries to play point guard. Two of those players are starting point guards and the other was drafted to be one. They have one supposed starting shooting guard and another who did start but honestly has had questions about him for most of his career. They need to make trades just to get rid of at least one point guard after they get rid of Bledsoe, and to get a starting shooting guard in case Goodwin plays like I figure he will. What are they thinking?
                              Stocking up picks while trying to move forward. A very difficult thing to do but the Suns have done great on it which is why they were okay with being 9th seed last year. TJ Warren is a stud and a team was trying to get Ennis off their hands (I think it was the Raptors). Along with Goodwin they will be in the D-League honing their skills. Goodwin is still 20 years old don't forget.

By this time I still don't get the lineup assuming Bledsoe returns.

Bledsoe/Thomas
                              Goran/Green
                              Tucker/Marcus/Zoran
                              Markieff/Tolliver/Randolph
                              Plumlee/Len

D-Leaguers: Ennis, Warren, Goodwin
                              Euroleague: Bogdanovic

Is this it?

I can understand stocking up on guards since the bigs worth getting are all committed to their teams right now, and the best big fit in the Suns style got recruited by Lebron.
                              Last edited by jasper222; 09-23-2014, 02:43 PM.

Comment

• It seems Bledsoe's camp and the Suns have been talking again and are making progress after months of silence.
                                Sacramento Kings

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information