Defeat the USA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mktackabery
    I'm not sure Stuart, perhaps kestas is alluding to the fact that it's just "chick ball?"
    but this is exactly why we should like it!!!!

(ok, it was immature, but who cares)

anyways, I believe that since USA went to full blown WNBA rosters that feature all stars they want, it looked as if the dominance will last forever. USA women have 1130 points in FIBA ranking as compared to 832 held by the men.
    they did not lose some game, they lost a semifinal - you never lose a World Championship semifinal if you're really better than your opponent. I'm almost sure that if there were barkleys and browns in Womens game, they would guarantee you the gold in this tournament, as well as in the Olympic games for ten years to come. US lost faster than anticipated by many. and I don't think this was a fluke - this is it. no guaranteed medals for USA women no matter who they bring and how they prepare. now both women and men game is absolutely open affair. US should freaking stop calling basketball their game. give the other countries respect and start freaking changing their attitude on the rest of the world (in all fields of life). American attitude and the style is too primitive even for the women's basketball game. in ten years time Americans will be fighting for the spot in top-3 of the FIBA rankings, just like some ten other nations. I believe this is very good for the sports and for American people as well.
    stop russia

Comment

Originally posted by stuart
      Actually I suggest you wake up and maybe watch one of the US women's games.

They lost to the better team that night, but I suggest you actually watch the Women's team play, they are the exact opposite of what the Men's team has represented which I am certain is what you are basing your opinion on. I refuse to believe you actually watched any of their games to come out with such a broad and inaccurate judgement.

This isn't like the Men's US team which has dominated the competition for so long, in fact, the US women's team have 7 golds in international competition compared to the Soviet Unions 6 golds - that's not domination and there is no sleep to be awakened from. And were just talking medal counts here, Brazil, Czech Republic and Ausralia have been huge contenders throughout the years. So expecting them to completely dominate teams year-in-and-out just shows how historically wrong you are in the best case, biased in the worst case.

There is nothing wrong with the Women's team, they play great team basketball, there is no ego and there is nothing wrong with their philosophy, they simply lost a game like many great teams do. I suggest you take those poisonous words back to the US Men's team while you still have the chance (i.e. before they get their act together which they are doing).

Stuart
      go Stuart, go Stuart!
      Michelle Tackabery
      Tackabery Chronicle
      Durham, NC, USA

Comment

Originally posted by kestas
        but this is exactly why we should like it!!!!

(ok, it was immature, but who cares)

anyways, I believe that since USA went to full blown WNBA rosters that feature all stars they want, it looked as if the dominance will last forever. USA women have 1130 points in FIBA ranking as compared to 832 held by the men.
        they did not lose some game, they lost a semifinal - you never lose a World Championship semifinal if you're really better than your opponent. I'm almost sure that if there were barkleys and browns in Womens game, they would guarantee you the gold in this tournament, as well as in the Olympic games for ten years to come. US lost faster than anticipated by many. and I don't think this was a fluke - this is it. no guaranteed medals for USA women no matter who they bring and how they prepare. now both women and men game is absolutely open affair. US should freaking stop calling basketball their game. give the other countries respect and start freaking changing their attitude on the rest of the world (in all fields of life). American attitude and the style is too primitive even for the women's basketball game. in ten years time Americans will be fighting for the spot in top-3 of the FIBA rankings, just like some ten other nations. I believe this is very good for the sports and for American people as well.
        ABSOLUTELY RIGHT !!!!!! US is still in denial- calling every loss an upset

and ,respectfully ,Stuart we cant shoot anymore men or women our team defense stinks and I watched the Womens games and I stand by what I said

Comment

Originally posted by mktackabery
          it could happen; pigs could fly too.
          The Moon Is A SCAM(http://www.revisionism.nl/Moon/The-Mad-Revisionist.htm)!

Comment

If this is what passes for entertainment in Lithuiania, I understand why you are all so passionate about basketball.
            Michelle Tackabery
            Tackabery Chronicle
            Durham, NC, USA

Comment

Originally posted by Trener
              and ,respectfully ,Stuart we cant shoot anymore men or women
              Oh you mean the same Women's team that shot 41% three point shooting the entire tournament? Standing by what you say isn't difficult, all that takes is a little pride, actually backing up what is said with facts is another story.

Stuart
              http://www.facebook.com/interbasket
              http://www.twitter.com/interbasket
              http://www.interbasket.net

Comment

Originally posted by stuart
                Oh you mean the same Women's team that shot 41% three point shooting the entire tournament? Standing by what you say isn't difficult, all that takes is a little pride, actually backing up what is said with facts is another story.

Stuart
                when it counts Stuart when it counts. DWade on average had a good tournament ,too. and what a dunk by Lebron against Greece when it was a
                2 possession game down by 6. We always want to revert to pressure defense use our athleticism BS one on one play and in both cases we lost when it counted. Face it our whole system is bad we have 300million people
                and cant find 5 who know how to bust a zone. and it s starting to trickle into the womens game... we need FIBA coaches to come to the USA
                like the NBA does...PLEASE!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Trener
                  when it counts Stuart when it counts. DWade on average had a good tournament ,too. and what a dunk by Lebron against Greece when it was a
                  2 possession game down by 6. We always want to revert to pressure defense use our athleticism BS one on one play and in both cases we lost when it counted. Face it our whole system is bad we have 300million people
                  and cant find 5 who know how to bust a zone. and it s starting to trickle into the womens game... we need FIBA coaches to come to the USA
                  like the NBA does...PLEASE!!!!!
                  Again, you are comparing the men's team with the women's team, which just goes to show that you haven't paid much attention to the Women's game - they are two completely different animals. Not only in their philosophy and history, but in the opponents they face.

Historically, the US women have never dominated international basketball like the US Men's Team has, so to say that we need to wake up and change our system, that there is something wrong with the US Women's Team is wholly incorrect, and more importantly insulting to the opponents. In short, the level of play in the Women's game has always been equal with 3-5 teams entering each tournament as legitimate contenders. Look at the history of the Women's game, this isn't a fluke that the US Women lost, they've lost as much as they have won in the last 3 decades.

I'd like you to start pointing out some faults that the US WOMEN have done incorrectly instead of using their male counterpoints as arguments because they are not the same. The more you talk about the Men to explain why the Women have failed, the less I believe you that you've watched a single US women's game (which was already suspicious in the beginning).

Stuart
                  http://www.facebook.com/interbasket
                  http://www.twitter.com/interbasket
                  http://www.interbasket.net

Comment

Originally posted by Kings

4 Erin Phillips(Connecticut Sun)
                    7 Penny Taylor(Phoenix Mercury)
                    11 Laura Summerton(Connecticut Sun)
                    12 Belinda Snell(Phoenix Mercury)
                    15 Lauren Jackson(Seattle Storm)
                    Do you just hate the USA?