Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Defeat the USA

Thumbs up Defeat the USA

4 Erin Phillips (Connecticut Sun)
    7 Penny Taylor (Phoenix Mercury)
    11 Laura Summerton (Connecticut Sun)
    12 Belinda Snell (Phoenix Mercury)
    15 Lauren Jackson (Seattle Storm)
    Last edited by Kings; 10-04-2014 at 12:14 AM.

This is a fantasy thread . . . Alana from Duke is going to take them all down.
    Michelle Tackabery
    Tackabery Chronicle
    Durham, NC, USA

If anyone has the chance to take down the Americans, it's the Aussies. However, I don't think it's likely, this is really strong USA team. On second thought, without Lisa Leslie and Yolanda Griffith manning (womanning?) the middle, if Lauren Jackson has a field day against the inexperienced Candace Parker and Michelle Snow and the undersized Cheryl Ford and Tina Thompson (and her teammates can shoot 55%), the Aussies could pull it out.

Stuart

it could happen; pigs could fly too.
    Michelle Tackabery
    Tackabery Chronicle
    Durham, NC, USA

What? Aussie has strong team... Lately US basketball is no longer #1 in the world (mens) so this trend can happen in womens too,

Aussies will beat US.

Quote Originally Posted by Lietuvis
    What? Aussie has strong team... Lately US basketball is no longer #1 in the world (mens) so this trend can happen in womens too.
    Yes, the trend can change. I just don't think it will happen. This isn't a case of blind nationalistic ignorance, but the US team i just really really good.

Stuart

USA DEFEATED!

Not by Aussies, but by the Russians, who barely made it into the quarterfinals on China's expense (better point differentials)
    aim low, score high

Quote Originally Posted by Kings

4 Erin Phillips(Connecticut Sun)
    7 Penny Taylor(Phoenix Mercury)
    11 Laura Summerton(Connecticut Sun)
    12 Belinda Snell(Phoenix Mercury)
    15 Lauren Jackson(Seattle Storm)
    Any girl from the champpion team of the WNBA?

Quote Originally Posted by sinobball
    USA DEFEATED!

Not by Aussies, but by the Russians, who barely made it into the quarterfinals on China's expense (better point differentials)

never underestimate the power of russia
    they've played really bad in the first game against the USA, and USA won it only by ten...
    now the russian girls controled the rebounds which was the key IMO and they've had a great shooting night....
    so much about american bball domination this year

Quote Originally Posted by stuart
    Yes, the trend can change. I just don't think it will happen. This isn't a case of blind nationalistic ignorance, but the US team i just really really good.

Stuart
    Well maybe not Aussies but Russia just have...

I love it when it is truly a global sport now...

Well maybe not Aussies but Russia just have...

women's game is a global sport? we had the begest sensation of the year yesterday. USA losing to Greece is 10 times smaller than this. yet you'll probably find just one single comment (two now) about this on the basketball board..

You speak as if I ignore international progress in basketball and that I bllindly wave the US flag. Just because I thought it was going to be very unlikely that the US Women's team would lose, doesn't equate to anything outside of that statement (i.e. that the US is the best at everything).

In fact this is a team that won 26 games in a row and the loss to Russia is being considered a huge upset. That should speak of my position and the odds that the US would win. Not of anything else.

Stuart

I'm not sure Stuart, perhaps kestas is alluding to the fact that it's just "chick ball?"
    Michelle Tackabery
    Tackabery Chronicle
    Durham, NC, USA

Quote Originally Posted by Picek

never underestimate the power of russia
    they've played really bad in the first game against the USA, and USA won it only by ten...
    now the russian girls controled the rebounds which was the key IMO and they've had a great shooting night....
    so much about american bball domination this year
    Thank you US Womens team for losing and again proving US basketball is
    in bad shape all around the better teams are indeed winning as it should be

Wake UP USA

Quote Originally Posted by Trener
    Thank you US Womens team for losing and again proving US basketball is in bad shape all around the better teams are indeed winning as it should be

Wake UP USA
    Actually I suggest you wake up and maybe watch one of the US women's games.

They lost to the better team that night, but I suggest you actually watch the Women's team play, they are the exact opposite of what the Men's team has represented which I am certain is what you are basing your opinion on. I refuse to believe you actually watched any of their games to come out with such a broad and inaccurate judgement.

This isn't like the Men's US team which has dominated the competition for so long, in fact, the US women's team have 7 golds in international competition compared to the Soviet Unions 6 golds - that's not domination and there is no sleep to be awakened from. And were just talking medal counts here, Brazil, Czech Republic and Ausralia have been huge contenders throughout the years. So expecting them to completely dominate teams year-in-and-out just shows how historically wrong you are in the best case, biased in the worst case.

There is nothing wrong with the Women's team, they play great team basketball, there is no ego and there is nothing wrong with their philosophy, they simply lost a game like many great teams do. I suggest you take those poisonous words back to the US Men's team while you still have the chance (i.e. before they get their act together which they are doing).

Stuart

Quote Originally Posted by mktackabery
    I'm not sure Stuart, perhaps kestas is alluding to the fact that it's just "chick ball?"
    but this is exactly why we should like it!!!!

(ok, it was immature, but who cares)

anyways, I believe that since USA went to full blown WNBA rosters that feature all stars they want, it looked as if the dominance will last forever. USA women have 1130 points in FIBA ranking as compared to 832 held by the men.
    they did not lose some game, they lost a semifinal - you never lose a World Championship semifinal if you're really better than your opponent. I'm almost sure that if there were barkleys and browns in Womens game, they would guarantee you the gold in this tournament, as well as in the Olympic games for ten years to come. US lost faster than anticipated by many. and I don't think this was a fluke - this is it. no guaranteed medals for USA women no matter who they bring and how they prepare. now both women and men game is absolutely open affair. US should freaking stop calling basketball their game. give the other countries respect and start freaking changing their attitude on the rest of the world (in all fields of life). American attitude and the style is too primitive even for the women's basketball game. in ten years time Americans will be fighting for the spot in top-3 of the FIBA rankings, just like some ten other nations. I believe this is very good for the sports and for American people as well.

Quote Originally Posted by stuart
    Actually I suggest you wake up and maybe watch one of the US women's games.

They lost to the better team that night, but I suggest you actually watch the Women's team play, they are the exact opposite of what the Men's team has represented which I am certain is what you are basing your opinion on. I refuse to believe you actually watched any of their games to come out with such a broad and inaccurate judgement.

This isn't like the Men's US team which has dominated the competition for so long, in fact, the US women's team have 7 golds in international competition compared to the Soviet Unions 6 golds - that's not domination and there is no sleep to be awakened from. And were just talking medal counts here, Brazil, Czech Republic and Ausralia have been huge contenders throughout the years. So expecting them to completely dominate teams year-in-and-out just shows how historically wrong you are in the best case, biased in the worst case.

There is nothing wrong with the Women's team, they play great team basketball, there is no ego and there is nothing wrong with their philosophy, they simply lost a game like many great teams do. I suggest you take those poisonous words back to the US Men's team while you still have the chance (i.e. before they get their act together which they are doing).

Stuart
    go Stuart, go Stuart!
    Michelle Tackabery
    Tackabery Chronicle
    Durham, NC, USA

Quote Originally Posted by kestas
    but this is exactly why we should like it!!!!

(ok, it was immature, but who cares)

anyways, I believe that since USA went to full blown WNBA rosters that feature all stars they want, it looked as if the dominance will last forever. USA women have 1130 points in FIBA ranking as compared to 832 held by the men.
    they did not lose some game, they lost a semifinal - you never lose a World Championship semifinal if you're really better than your opponent. I'm almost sure that if there were barkleys and browns in Womens game, they would guarantee you the gold in this tournament, as well as in the Olympic games for ten years to come. US lost faster than anticipated by many. and I don't think this was a fluke - this is it. no guaranteed medals for USA women no matter who they bring and how they prepare. now both women and men game is absolutely open affair. US should freaking stop calling basketball their game. give the other countries respect and start freaking changing their attitude on the rest of the world (in all fields of life). American attitude and the style is too primitive even for the women's basketball game. in ten years time Americans will be fighting for the spot in top-3 of the FIBA rankings, just like some ten other nations. I believe this is very good for the sports and for American people as well.
    ABSOLUTELY RIGHT !!!!!! US is still in denial- calling every loss an upset

and ,respectfully ,Stuart we cant shoot anymore men or women our team defense stinks and I watched the Womens games and I stand by what I said

Quote Originally Posted by mktackabery
    it could happen; pigs could fly too.

If this is what passes for entertainment in Lithuiania, I understand why you are all so passionate about basketball.
    Michelle Tackabery
    Tackabery Chronicle
    Durham, NC, USA

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast