X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks Walken that's good to know!
    VEF RIGA

Comment

Žalgiris won against Khimki 95:94 after amazing performance by Sonny Weems in the last possession.

Žalgiris definitely improved a lot since the beginning of the season.

Comment

That was a great game to watch! Refs were absolutely awful to say the least. Oh and Sonny is a beast!
        Winner of the Eurobasket 2011 IBN Prediction Game

Comment

Originally posted by LTbotd View Post
          That was a great game to watch! Refs were absolutely awful to say the least. Oh and Sonny is a beast!
          Not so sure bout refs - i watched russian commentary on sport 2,but somehow i assumed that all of them were from Russia(refs) - and the commentator was still moaning all the time.
          Unless you meant that they were supporting Chimki.The only thing i was suspicious was about Weems not getting technical against him being fouled in the end by Monia.
          But it was great game indeed
          And let that be a lesson to you all. Nobody beats Zalgiris 17 times in a row.

Comment

If to believe to Sport-express, in a next season Legendary Lithuanian basketball club Zalgiris Kaunas will abandon LKL, and eventually except euroleague will play only in our PBL( ups,:rolleyes VTB ) сhampionship...
            Is it true or bullshit?

Comment

Originally posted by vaslover View Post
              If to believe to Sport-express, in a next season Legendary Lithuanian basketball club Zalgiris Kaunas will abandon LKL, and eventually except euroleague will play only in our PBL( ups,:rolleyes VTB ) сhampionship...
              Is it true or bullshit?
              I don't see anything about abandoning LKL in "Sport-Express" article. Just critics that LKL is too weak, which is nothing new actually. However, as far as I remember, to take part in EL, club must participate in local league, so in this case - there's simply no way for Zalgiris to not play in LKL, atleast since play-offs stage like some clubs in Adriatic League does f.e.

Comment

Sorry for trolling guys, but seems like quite soon Lithuania will become the Russian basketball province. As i said two years ago, two lithuanian giants eventually will work on Russian basketball. Zalgiris and most probably LR will play against russian kids from Enisey, Novgorod,Lokomotiv Kuban, Triumpf, and the same time lithuanian kids from Neptunas, Sakalai, Siauliai, Rudupis and other small clubs will smoke a bamboo. Obviously, at least for me, that such players as Pukis, Ulanovas, Orelikas, Cizauskas, Janavicius, Juskevicius, Cepukaitis, Kulvetis and many others will not be develop in basketball development. All of them, most probably will be in basketball stagnation. For that you should say big thanks to Mr. Romanov...

Comment

Fortunately for both Lithuanian & Russian kids, the Dark Lord Jordi ruled out participation of EL & Eurocup clubs in all kinds of esoteric leagues for the next season.

It pretty much cancels not only Zalgiris & Rytas participation in next year VTB , but all clubs with realistic chances to kick some ass in Euro completions ( Prokom, VEF , Donetsk, Nymburk, etc)

So Lithuanian kids are safe for now, as well as Russian kids from Triumph & Spartak Primorie .

VTB will transform into Open Russian League with non-Russian powerhouses like Kazakhstanian Astana and Finnish Honka.

Comment

Originally posted by Billy Bounce View Post
                    Fortunately for both Lithuanian & Russian kids, the Dark Lord Jordi ruled out participation of EL & Eurocup clubs in all kinds of esoteric leagues for the next season.

It pretty much cancels not only Zalgiris & Rytas participation in next year VTB , but all clubs with realistic chances to kick some ass in Euro completions ( Prokom, VEF , Donetsk, Nymburk, etc)

So Lithuanian kids are safe for now, as well as Russian kids from Triumph & Spartak Primorie .

VTB will transform into Open Russian League with non-Russian powerhouses like Kazakhstanian Astana and Finnish Honka.
                    Now suddenly expanding Top16 looks not that bad... Of course if you won't qualify there, to play only in bloody LKL for more than a half of the season is somekind of suicide. It's easy for f.e. Spanish teams, which has competitive league, but when you play in smaller one like LKL it's kinda disaster.
                    And regarding kids, well, first of all they must solve other problems, more serious ones, only couple of games against Zalgiris or Rytas surely won't help to develop into smth

Comment

Originally posted by Mindozas View Post
                      Now suddenly expanding Top16 looks not that bad... Of course if you won't qualify there, to play only in bloody LKL for more than a half of the season is somekind of suicide. It's easy for f.e. Spanish teams, which has competitive league, but when you play in smaller one like LKL it's kinda disaster.
                      And regarding kids, well, first of all they must solve other problems, more serious ones, only couple of games against Zalgiris or Rytas surely won't help to develop into smth
                      couple of games between two teams is a regular occurence in most european leagues...the problem is not the frequency of big matches, but consistent and fair federation, which is not favouring certain team against the other. And judging from the last game between the 2, the refereeing discrepancy is still very much painfully intact

Comment

Originally posted by madmax View Post
                        couple of games between two teams is a regular occurence in most european leagues...the problem is not the frequency of big matches, but consistent and fair federation, which is not favouring certain team against the other. And judging from the last game between the 2, the refereeing discrepancy is still very much painfully intact
                        No, I think the real problem is when someone can't understand what was written previously and sees some non-existing "ghosts". Anyways, if you just wanted to cry your heart out after such long period of time, I hope you feel better now and I feel so sorry for you pain and injustice you've been experiencing...

Comment

Prokom versus Rytas tonight! Motiejūnas (who killed Rytas in the first game) against Valančiūnas.

18CET http://tv.lrytas.lt/live/
                          LTU NT will snatch Eurobasket 2029 title with this roster:

Jokubaitis, Marciulionis, Laurencikas
                          Indrusaitis, Brazdeikis, Rubstavicius
                          Buzelis, Lelevicius
                          Murauskas, Sirvydis
                          Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

Originally posted by Mindozas View Post
                            As i remember,since disintegration of the USSR,the both Lithuanian giants (including Atletas with Ilgauskas) never cried and didn,t complain that all this time they play in the weak LKL. Moreover, during participation in this weak LKL, Zalgiris has won euroleague in 1999 and LR won eurocup twice.
                            As for kids, believe me, if eventually LR and Zalgiris will leave LKL, you,ll see what lithuanian kids will perform on the youth championships (first of all i mean about U18 and U20 teams respectively) in the nearest 2-3 years.
                            P.s. Seems like great basketball Lithuania MANIACALLY wish to be our basketball province...

Comment

Originally posted by vaslover View Post
                              As i remember,since disintegration of the USSR,the both Lithuanian giants (including Atletas with Ilgauskas) never cried and didn,t complain that all this time they play in the weak LKL. Moreover, during participation in this weak LKL, Zalgiris has won euroleague in 1999 and LR won eurocup twice.
                              As for kids, believe me, if eventually LR and Zalgiris will leave LKL, you,ll see what lithuanian kids will perform on the youth championships (first of all i mean about U18 and U20 teams respectively) in the nearest 2-3 years.
                              P.s. Seems like great basketball Lithuania MANIACALLY wish to be our basketball province...
                              And here we go again... What province? C'mon none is talking about leavin' LKL, even if it's weak and you can't deny that. It was weak when Zalgiris won EL (even didn't play in LKL till final stages that season) and it is weak now, there's nothing to complain about - it's a pure fact, so clubs always were looking for solutions (NEBL, BBL, VTB) or you want to say that playin' in VTB is already considered as bein' province? If yes, then it's ok, call it as you like, I don't mind as long as it's better for the club. More competitive league = more competitive games = more interest = better for the club, better for the fans. Sadly, Bertomeu thinks differently, so probably next season only LKL + EL regular season is for granted for Zalgiris, so VTB with additional number of competitive games would be surely a loss, especially if as I wrote - Zalgiris would fail to qualify to Top16. Though if it'd be urgent to leave VTB, let it be - EL is priority.
                              Regarding kids, there're much bigger problems in whole youth bball system than missing couple of games in a year against Z or LR, only that wouldn't make them any kind of superstars, nor it would mean downtrend for youth bball generally

Comment

Roberts is too much for Donatas. Great defence against him, he managed to score only from ft and 3 pt lines.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information