Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: VTB League 2011/2012

Zalgiris lost another game today.This time it was Vef,who won 88:79.Zalgiris scorers:Lawson 17,Rakovic 14,Javtokas 10(8 rebounds),Popovic 10,Weems 8(9 rebounds),Jankunas 6,Klimavicius,Kuzminskas and Kalnietis 4,Collins 2.Vef scorers:Millage 20,Bertans 18,Valters 13,Janicenoks 11,Kavaliauskas 9(7 rebounds),Perry 8,Sims 6,Berzins 3.Vef played a terrible game,but Zalgiris still managed to be worse,although I've got to admit,that in the end the latvians were a little bit lucky.Before this game I was sure,that Zalgiris will beat Brose Baskets in the Euroleague this week,but now I really doubt it.
    Lietuvos rytas - signing your Yugoslavian scrubs since forever.

Zalgiris lost another game,but this time at least it was a pretty good opponent-Uniks.Still that doesn't justify the result they were beaten by.The final result was 79:52 and I see no chances for Zalgiris to beat CSKA in Euroleague this week.Actually I don't see any chances for Zalgiris to lose by less than 15 points against CSKA.
    Lietuvos rytas - signing your Yugoslavian scrubs since forever.

Aco Petrović left Azovmash's bench due to personal reasons. Gintaras Krapikas at the helm now.
    Die Liebe wird eine Krankheit, wenn man sie als eine Heilung sieht
    Artificial Nature

May I just ask a quick question?...

IS VTB the 'main' league for VEF this season? and also are they taking part in the BBL this year also? I know it sounds really dumb to ask but watching Riga in Eurocup the commentator was saying they've gone unbeaten in BBL yet they are not mentioned on the BBL site this year?!

The VTB League Iphone app is really ace aswell, nice to see!

Thanks

Gazz

Quote Originally Posted by gazzw87 View Post
    and also are they taking part in the BBL this year also?
    they will participate from playoff stage http://www.bbl.net/images/gallery/sm...9dc06854ce.jpg

Thanks Walken that's good to know!

Žalgiris won against Khimki 95:94 after amazing performance by Sonny Weems in the last possession.

Žalgiris definitely improved a lot since the beginning of the season.

That was a great game to watch! Refs were absolutely awful to say the least. Oh and Sonny is a beast!
    Winner of the Eurobasket 2011 IBN Prediction Game

Quote Originally Posted by LTbotd View Post
    That was a great game to watch! Refs were absolutely awful to say the least. Oh and Sonny is a beast!
    Not so sure bout refs - i watched russian commentary on sport 2,but somehow i assumed that all of them were from Russia(refs) - and the commentator was still moaning all the time.
    Unless you meant that they were supporting Chimki.The only thing i was suspicious was about Weems not getting technical against him being fouled in the end by Monia.
    But it was great game indeed

If to believe to Sport-express, in a next season Legendary Lithuanian basketball club Zalgiris Kaunas will abandon LKL, and eventually except euroleague will play only in our PBL( ups,:rolleyes VTB ) сhampionship...
    Is it true or bullshit?

Quote Originally Posted by vaslover View Post
    If to believe to Sport-express, in a next season Legendary Lithuanian basketball club Zalgiris Kaunas will abandon LKL, and eventually except euroleague will play only in our PBL( ups,:rolleyes VTB ) сhampionship...
    Is it true or bullshit?
    I don't see anything about abandoning LKL in "Sport-Express" article. Just critics that LKL is too weak, which is nothing new actually. However, as far as I remember, to take part in EL, club must participate in local league, so in this case - there's simply no way for Zalgiris to not play in LKL, atleast since play-offs stage like some clubs in Adriatic League does f.e.

Sorry for trolling guys, but seems like quite soon Lithuania will become the Russian basketball province. As i said two years ago, two lithuanian giants eventually will work on Russian basketball. Zalgiris and most probably LR will play against russian kids from Enisey, Novgorod,Lokomotiv Kuban, Triumpf, and the same time lithuanian kids from Neptunas, Sakalai, Siauliai, Rudupis and other small clubs will smoke a bamboo. Obviously, at least for me, that such players as Pukis, Ulanovas, Orelikas, Cizauskas, Janavicius, Juskevicius, Cepukaitis, Kulvetis and many others will not be develop in basketball development. All of them, most probably will be in basketball stagnation. For that you should say big thanks to Mr. Romanov...

Fortunately for both Lithuanian & Russian kids, the Dark Lord Jordi ruled out participation of EL & Eurocup clubs in all kinds of esoteric leagues for the next season.

It pretty much cancels not only Zalgiris & Rytas participation in next year VTB , but all clubs with realistic chances to kick some ass in Euro completions ( Prokom, VEF , Donetsk, Nymburk, etc)

So Lithuanian kids are safe for now, as well as Russian kids from Triumph & Spartak Primorie .

VTB will transform into Open Russian League with non-Russian powerhouses like Kazakhstanian Astana and Finnish Honka.

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Bounce View Post
    Fortunately for both Lithuanian & Russian kids, the Dark Lord Jordi ruled out participation of EL & Eurocup clubs in all kinds of esoteric leagues for the next season.

It pretty much cancels not only Zalgiris & Rytas participation in next year VTB , but all clubs with realistic chances to kick some ass in Euro completions ( Prokom, VEF , Donetsk, Nymburk, etc)

So Lithuanian kids are safe for now, as well as Russian kids from Triumph & Spartak Primorie .

VTB will transform into Open Russian League with non-Russian powerhouses like Kazakhstanian Astana and Finnish Honka.
    Now suddenly expanding Top16 looks not that bad... Of course if you won't qualify there, to play only in bloody LKL for more than a half of the season is somekind of suicide. It's easy for f.e. Spanish teams, which has competitive league, but when you play in smaller one like LKL it's kinda disaster.
    And regarding kids, well, first of all they must solve other problems, more serious ones, only couple of games against Zalgiris or Rytas surely won't help to develop into smth

Quote Originally Posted by Mindozas View Post
    Now suddenly expanding Top16 looks not that bad... Of course if you won't qualify there, to play only in bloody LKL for more than a half of the season is somekind of suicide. It's easy for f.e. Spanish teams, which has competitive league, but when you play in smaller one like LKL it's kinda disaster.
    And regarding kids, well, first of all they must solve other problems, more serious ones, only couple of games against Zalgiris or Rytas surely won't help to develop into smth
    couple of games between two teams is a regular occurence in most european leagues...the problem is not the frequency of big matches, but consistent and fair federation, which is not favouring certain team against the other. And judging from the last game between the 2, the refereeing discrepancy is still very much painfully intact

Quote Originally Posted by madmax View Post
    couple of games between two teams is a regular occurence in most european leagues...the problem is not the frequency of big matches, but consistent and fair federation, which is not favouring certain team against the other. And judging from the last game between the 2, the refereeing discrepancy is still very much painfully intact
    No, I think the real problem is when someone can't understand what was written previously and sees some non-existing "ghosts". Anyways, if you just wanted to cry your heart out after such long period of time, I hope you feel better now and I feel so sorry for you pain and injustice you've been experiencing...

Prokom versus Rytas tonight! Motiejūnas (who killed Rytas in the first game) against Valančiūnas.

18CET http://tv.lrytas.lt/live/
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The flick from the future...

Quote Originally Posted by Mindozas View Post
    As i remember,since disintegration of the USSR,the both Lithuanian giants (including Atletas with Ilgauskas) never cried and didn,t complain that all this time they play in the weak LKL. Moreover, during participation in this weak LKL, Zalgiris has won euroleague in 1999 and LR won eurocup twice.
    As for kids, believe me, if eventually LR and Zalgiris will leave LKL, you,ll see what lithuanian kids will perform on the youth championships (first of all i mean about U18 and U20 teams respectively) in the nearest 2-3 years.
    P.s. Seems like great basketball Lithuania MANIACALLY wish to be our basketball province...

Quote Originally Posted by vaslover View Post
    As i remember,since disintegration of the USSR,the both Lithuanian giants (including Atletas with Ilgauskas) never cried and didn,t complain that all this time they play in the weak LKL. Moreover, during participation in this weak LKL, Zalgiris has won euroleague in 1999 and LR won eurocup twice.
    As for kids, believe me, if eventually LR and Zalgiris will leave LKL, you,ll see what lithuanian kids will perform on the youth championships (first of all i mean about U18 and U20 teams respectively) in the nearest 2-3 years.
    P.s. Seems like great basketball Lithuania MANIACALLY wish to be our basketball province...
    And here we go again... What province? C'mon none is talking about leavin' LKL, even if it's weak and you can't deny that. It was weak when Zalgiris won EL (even didn't play in LKL till final stages that season) and it is weak now, there's nothing to complain about - it's a pure fact, so clubs always were looking for solutions (NEBL, BBL, VTB) or you want to say that playin' in VTB is already considered as bein' province? If yes, then it's ok, call it as you like, I don't mind as long as it's better for the club. More competitive league = more competitive games = more interest = better for the club, better for the fans. Sadly, Bertomeu thinks differently, so probably next season only LKL + EL regular season is for granted for Zalgiris, so VTB with additional number of competitive games would be surely a loss, especially if as I wrote - Zalgiris would fail to qualify to Top16. Though if it'd be urgent to leave VTB, let it be - EL is priority.
    Regarding kids, there're much bigger problems in whole youth bball system than missing couple of games in a year against Z or LR, only that wouldn't make them any kind of superstars, nor it would mean downtrend for youth bball generally

Roberts is too much for Donatas. Great defence against him, he managed to score only from ft and 3 pt lines.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast