VTB League 2011/2012

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sagenas View Post
    Other question here - Euroleague. Who and what for will get licenceses or something like this? And how can it change local competition?

P.s. more and more Russian teams are getting in VTB...Enisey already qualified, it looks that very soon Krasnie Krylia will be in the VTB United League, too.
    That,s why I think this competition is UTOPIAN. For example, the first five places will get licenceses to euroleague . Can you imagine, that two best Lithuanian teams eventually will get six and seven places( it,s possible,why not actually, especially considering Russian money) in the regular season. So, how they,ll solve their problems?.. That,s why this competition seems quite doubtful.

Comment

Originally posted by vaslover View Post
      That,s why I think this competition is UTOPIAN. For example, the first five places will get licenceses to euroleague . Can you imagine, that two best Lithuanian teams eventually will get six and seven places( it,s possible,why not actually, especially considering Russian money) in the regular season. So, how they,ll solve their problems?.. That,s why this competition seems quite doubtful.
      Nor Zalgiris, nor Rytas, nor anyone else from LT plans to go out of LKL, so it'll stay as it is regarding Lithuania (A license + B license for LKL champ).
      If in some utopical way LKL and other leagues would merge with VTB, still separate countries would have their places in EL, like it is in Adriatic League, so f.e. if Zalgiris finishes 6th and Rytas 7th - Zalgiris goes to Euroleague, VEF finishes 12th, they represents Latvia in qualies and etc., but it ain't gonna happen, not a chance in nearest future.
      And I don't think VTB league is utopic or smth, IMO it's great replacement for BBL (for LT clubs), atleast VTB management is thinking some dumbs things like merging the leagues or smth... I don't mind PBL + VTB, but with others it ain't gonna work

Comment

Rule of the thumb generally is good - always follow the money.
        Russians pay the money,they want this competition.
        We play because money is good,and teams we play against are competitive,with only few exceptions due to expansion.
        I guess finland idea was not good at all either way you look.But the idea of replicating old ussr type of tournament is not bad.
        2 Lithuanian teams,Estonian,Latvian,Belorussian,few Ukrainian teams,replace Georgians,and there you go.
        But once money stops,it will be back to BBL
        And let that be a lesson to you all. Nobody beats Zalgiris 17 times in a row.

Comment

Something weird happened today.Astana beat Zalgiris 86:78.No disrespect to Astana,but Zalgiris were the clear favourites to win this match.
          Lietuvos rytas - signing your Yugoslavian scrubs since forever.

Comment

I wouldn't say, that the result is very surprising. There were hard wins by Zalgiris against Kalev and even Naglis.

Comment

oh snap - so almighty Zalgiris, a Final 4 candidate with NBA talent, loses to some obscure kazakh team with second rate americans and serbians Not even "european Wade" Weems seemed to have saved their expensive asses...

Comment

Second rate americans?

Rytas has no player close to Rawle Marshall's level.just sayin.

Comment

Originally posted by Jon_Koncak View Post
                  Second rate americans?

Stop joking, please.
                  I'm on twitter

Comment

Stop joking, please.
                    rawle when hot can load any team in europe. consitacy is reason why he is not in top euro teams

but he can also destroy stemberger ass (face)

Marshall je u naguravanju udario Štembergera i raskrvario mu glavu, a nakon što smo pomislil da se situacija smirila, Riječanin je tamnoputom igraču zagrebač...
                    Jordi Bertomeu sucks!

Comment

Second rate americans?

LMAO...
                      who is this Marshall... and why he doesn't play for any respectable team? Stop trollin, will ya

No need for that here. Robbe
                      Last edited by robbe; 10-09-2011, 04:58 PM.

Comment

In fact D.Johnson and Milosevic are former Rytas's players. Marshall, Cvetkovic and that big guy, whose name i don't remember and who can't play against pressing near the basket are not worse. So generally those Astana's americans are somewhere about the same level as foreigners that Rytas usually has.

I didn't see (or remember) that Marshall before, but i liked his skills. He's surely better than former Rytas's sf Newley. But we had Eidson some years ago, who's better than him. I don't remember noone else though.

Comment

Originally posted by Dreamcatcher View Post
                          In fact D.Johnson and Milosevic are former Rytas's players. Marshall, Cvetkovic and that big guy, whose name i don't remember and who can't play against pressing near the basket are not worse. So generally those Astana's americans are somewhere about the same level as foreigners that Rytas usually has.

I didn't see (or remember) that Marshall before, but i liked his skills. He's surely better than former Rytas's sf Newley. But we had Eidson some years ago, who's better than him. I don't remember noone else though.
                          Foreigners like that don't stay in Rytas for a long time.

Newley isn't worse than Marshall and he isn't former Rytas' SF, he's playing for Lietuvos Rytas right now.

If you look at Newley only from some games and the way he is used here in Vilnius, then you should watch some games of him playing for Australia.

P.s. and not "D.Johnson" but J.Johnson.
                          I'm on twitter

Comment

Foreigners like that don't stay in Rytas for a long time.

Newley isn't worse than Marshall and he isn't former Rytas' SF, he's playing for Lietuvos Rytas right now.

If you look at Newley only from some games and the way he is used here in Vilnius, then you should watch some games of him playing for Australia.

P.s. and not "D.Johnson" but J.Johnson.
                            What? Who don't say? Johnson was quite good, i liked his game, but then he got strong injury and that's way he left. Milosevic, who generally wasn't good, but it's the fact that he was Rytas player, is only 2-nd pg in Astana. And for example, Bjelica stayed for a long time in Rytas, but i would call him very average player with horrible rebounding and bad defence.

I watched some Newley's game in WC and didn't see anything what i couldn't see in Lithuania. He's quite good in defence, but he's freaking unstable in offense and has quite bad shot for SF. And you won't denie, that he's psichological weak, he mentioned it himself and it's also an important aspect of the game.

Finally, i don't understund the point of it's dispute. The current foreigners in Astana generally are players of Rytas's level. No doubt.

Comment

Second rate americans?

Actually thats true.

Some people are tend to call players second rate if they dont play in well known teams.. Thats wrong in general. Price, Eidson, Nielsen, Bjelica could be easily called second rate player before they came to rytas and look how majority of them are doing now.

Comment

Newley isn't worse than Marshall
                                What a hell, man. WHATAHELL? You can praise your team as much as you want, but this is just too much, you've gone too far.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information