Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 73

Thread: VTB League 2011/2012

  1. #21
    Senior Member madmax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    2,326

    Default

    oh snap - so almighty Zalgiris, a Final 4 candidate with NBA talent, loses to some obscure kazakh team with second rate americans and serbians Not even "european Wade" Weems seemed to have saved their expensive asses...

  2. #22
    Senior Member Jon_Koncak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    1,877

    Default

    Second rate americans?

    Rytas has no player close to Rawle Marshall's level.just sayin.

  3. #23
    Senior Member sagenas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    V
    Posts
    1,273

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jon_Koncak View Post
    Second rate americans?

    Rytas has no player close to Rawle Marshall's level.just sayin.
    Stop joking, please.

  4. #24
    Senior Member pohani komarac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    5,328
    Country: Croatia

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sagenas View Post
    Stop joking, please.
    rawle when hot can load any team in europe. consitacy is reason why he is not in top euro teams

    but he can also destroy stemberger ass (face)

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i6elu3pNWAo
    Jordi Bertomeu sucks!

  5. #25
    Senior Member madmax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    2,326

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jon_Koncak View Post
    Second rate americans?

    Rytas has no player close to Rawle Marshall's level.just sayin.
    LMAO...
    who is this Marshall... and why he doesn't play for any respectable team? Stop trollin, will ya

    No need for that here. Robbe
    Last edited by robbe; 10-09-2011 at 04:58 PM.

  6. #26
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Vilnius
    Posts
    1,959
    Country: Lithuania

    Default

    In fact D.Johnson and Milosevic are former Rytas's players. Marshall, Cvetkovic and that big guy, whose name i don't remember and who can't play against pressing near the basket are not worse. So generally those Astana's americans are somewhere about the same level as foreigners that Rytas usually has.

    I didn't see (or remember) that Marshall before, but i liked his skills. He's surely better than former Rytas's sf Newley. But we had Eidson some years ago, who's better than him. I don't remember noone else though.

  7. #27
    Senior Member sagenas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    V
    Posts
    1,273

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamcatcher View Post
    In fact D.Johnson and Milosevic are former Rytas's players. Marshall, Cvetkovic and that big guy, whose name i don't remember and who can't play against pressing near the basket are not worse. So generally those Astana's americans are somewhere about the same level as foreigners that Rytas usually has.

    I didn't see (or remember) that Marshall before, but i liked his skills. He's surely better than former Rytas's sf Newley. But we had Eidson some years ago, who's better than him. I don't remember noone else though.
    Foreigners like that don't stay in Rytas for a long time.

    Newley isn't worse than Marshall and he isn't former Rytas' SF, he's playing for Lietuvos Rytas right now.

    If you look at Newley only from some games and the way he is used here in Vilnius, then you should watch some games of him playing for Australia.

    P.s. and not "D.Johnson" but J.Johnson.

  8. #28
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Vilnius
    Posts
    1,959
    Country: Lithuania

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sagenas View Post
    Foreigners like that don't stay in Rytas for a long time.

    Newley isn't worse than Marshall and he isn't former Rytas' SF, he's playing for Lietuvos Rytas right now.

    If you look at Newley only from some games and the way he is used here in Vilnius, then you should watch some games of him playing for Australia.

    P.s. and not "D.Johnson" but J.Johnson.
    What? Who don't say? Johnson was quite good, i liked his game, but then he got strong injury and that's way he left. Milosevic, who generally wasn't good, but it's the fact that he was Rytas player, is only 2-nd pg in Astana. And for example, Bjelica stayed for a long time in Rytas, but i would call him very average player with horrible rebounding and bad defence.

    I watched some Newley's game in WC and didn't see anything what i couldn't see in Lithuania. He's quite good in defence, but he's freaking unstable in offense and has quite bad shot for SF. And you won't denie, that he's psichological weak, he mentioned it himself and it's also an important aspect of the game.

    Finally, i don't understund the point of it's dispute. The current foreigners in Astana generally are players of Rytas's level. No doubt.

  9. #29
    Senior Member Illegal2k10's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    479

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jon_Koncak View Post
    Second rate americans?

    Rytas has no player close to Rawle Marshall's level.just sayin.
    Actually thats true.

    Some people are tend to call players second rate if they dont play in well known teams.. Thats wrong in general. Price, Eidson, Nielsen, Bjelica could be easily called second rate player before they came to rytas and look how majority of them are doing now.

  10. #30
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Kupiskis
    Posts
    497
    Country: Lithuania

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sagenas View Post

    Newley isn't worse than Marshall
    What a hell, man. WHATAHELL? You can praise your team as much as you want, but this is just too much, you've gone too far.

  11. #31
    Senior Member sagenas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    V
    Posts
    1,273

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamcatcher View Post
    What? Who don't say? Johnson was quite good, i liked his game, but then he got strong injury and that's way he left. Milosevic, who generally wasn't good, but it's the fact that he was Rytas player, is only 2-nd pg in Astana. And for example, Bjelica stayed for a long time in Rytas, but i would call him very average player with horrible rebounding and bad defence.

    I watched some Newley's game in WC and didn't see anything what i couldn't see in Lithuania. He's quite good in defence, but he's freaking unstable in offense and has quite bad shot for SF. And you won't denie, that he's psichological weak, he mentioned it himself and it's also an important aspect of the game.

    Finally, i don't understund the point of it's dispute. The current foreigners in Astana generally are players of Rytas's level. No doubt.
    Johnson was quite good before the injury but after that in Lietuvos Rytas he was terrible. He recovered in the end of the season in Turkey, though.

    Miloševič was good only when Kurtinaitis was the coach, he used the best what Miloševič has.

    That WC was Newley's the worst international tournament that he ever played...you should have watched him this year in games against teams like Serbia (okay okay, that were only friendly games but it does show how he can play, too). I definitely agree with you about pshychology, it's old story and I noticed that in a first month when he started to play for Lietuvos Rytas. Still, he is much better than others see him. http://london2012.fiba.com/pages/eng...//profile.html

    You always really underrate players of Lietuvos Rytas and for you very well known name is always much better than not that much known player.

  12. #32
    Senior Member auris1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    London
    Posts
    3,219
    Country: Lithuania

    Default

    Wtf.
    At some level i love these moments of posting frenzy,but then again-Konjac guy is a troll.
    Being signed for lrytas is usually a step up for most of the players
    What happens afterwards is very simple - some of them get to sign for better teams in europe ,some get signed for better money abroad,but not in very good teams(like Ukrainian).
    Some get contracts just because of that,for playing in lrytas.

  13. #33

    Default

    Having watched both Marshall and Newley in Greece i can say that Marshall is more important for a team, whereas Newley is hard working, team player, but will never be a leader.

  14. #34
    Senior Member hustlerlt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    527
    Country: Lithuania

    Default

    Rytas just lost to Azovmash 82:73.Horrible offense by us and also just awful FT shooting(55%).I hope this will be the first and also the last loss to the ukranians this year.
    Lietuvos rytas - signing your Yugoslavian scrubs since forever.

  15. #35
    Senior Member Picek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    5,288

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by auris1 View Post
    Wtf.

    Some get contracts just because of that,for playing in lrytas.
    yes, ofcourse
    all of europe is waiting to sign L. Rytas rejects..
    "Heja, heja Cibosi, hrabri kao vukovi,

    heja, heja cibosi, vodite nas k pobjedi. "

  16. #36
    Senior Member Gytaz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Vilnius, Lithuania
    Posts
    1,614
    Country: Lithuania

    Default

    Žalgiris struggled once again, this time against Krasnye Krylia. They were down 4 points with less than a minute to go and Russians had the ball, but the hosts finished the game well. 84:82 for Žalgiris in their first game in the new arena. The team-play was lacking again, they won because of talent, but it won't be enough in the Euroleague. It's going to be a hard game against CSKA... And man, Weems and Lawson are SO fast, they could be the best fast-break duo in the Euroleague.

  17. #37
    Senior Member Miškinis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    645
    Country: Lithuania

    Default

    Those who did not see the game can watch it here (Žalgiris - Krasnye Krylia).

  18. #38
    Senior Member hustlerlt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    527
    Country: Lithuania

    Default

    So anyways Zalgiris lost to Nizhny Novgorod 86:92 at home.That's just embarrassing.They need to get a new head coach ASAP,otherwise they'll get raped by Panathinaikos on friday.
    Lietuvos rytas - signing your Yugoslavian scrubs since forever.

  19. #39
    Senior Member madmax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    2,326

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hustlerlt View Post
    So anyways Zalgiris lost to Nizhny Novgorod 86:92 at home.That's just embarrassing.They need to get a new head coach ASAP,otherwise they'll get raped by Panathinaikos on friday.
    I highly doubt a new coach is gonna improve the chances of that limited squad in a game against PAO in OAKA...or are there still some disilusioned fans who believe that a team consisting of Jankunas, Javtokas and Kalnietis is a Euroleague Final 4 contender?

  20. #40
    Senior Member hustlerlt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    527
    Country: Lithuania

    Default

    Rytas beat Nymburk today 78:72.Rytas scorers were Rice 18(8 assists),Roberts 13(11 rebounds),10 Seibutis and Babrauskas,9 Rasic and Samardziski(7 rebounds),5 Valanciunas(6 rebounds),2 Jomantas and Katelynas.Nymburk scorers were Simmons 26,Wilson 20(7 rebounds),8 Bendra,7 Pumpra(8 rebounds),5 Spralja,4 Lawrence and 2 Necas.I didn't like the refereeing today,which at times was just horrible,Rytas free throw shooting needs a lot of work,they hit them only at 57%.Also the lithuanians in our team weren't really good today,but I liked to see their clear desire to win the game,which almost wasn't existing last year.
    Lietuvos rytas - signing your Yugoslavian scrubs since forever.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •