Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: VTB League 2011/2012

oh snap - so almighty Zalgiris, a Final 4 candidate with NBA talent, loses to some obscure kazakh team with second rate americans and serbians Not even "european Wade" Weems seemed to have saved their expensive asses...

Second rate americans?

Rytas has no player close to Rawle Marshall's level.just sayin.

Quote Originally Posted by Jon_Koncak View Post
    Second rate americans?

Stop joking, please.

Quote Originally Posted by sagenas View Post
    Stop joking, please.
    rawle when hot can load any team in europe. consitacy is reason why he is not in top euro teams

but he can also destroy stemberger ass (face)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i6elu3pNWAo
    Jordi Bertomeu sucks!

Second rate americans?

LMAO...
    who is this Marshall... and why he doesn't play for any respectable team? Stop trollin, will ya

No need for that here. Robbe
    Last edited by robbe; 10-09-2011 at 04:58 PM.

In fact D.Johnson and Milosevic are former Rytas's players. Marshall, Cvetkovic and that big guy, whose name i don't remember and who can't play against pressing near the basket are not worse. So generally those Astana's americans are somewhere about the same level as foreigners that Rytas usually has.

I didn't see (or remember) that Marshall before, but i liked his skills. He's surely better than former Rytas's sf Newley. But we had Eidson some years ago, who's better than him. I don't remember noone else though.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamcatcher View Post
    In fact D.Johnson and Milosevic are former Rytas's players. Marshall, Cvetkovic and that big guy, whose name i don't remember and who can't play against pressing near the basket are not worse. So generally those Astana's americans are somewhere about the same level as foreigners that Rytas usually has.

I didn't see (or remember) that Marshall before, but i liked his skills. He's surely better than former Rytas's sf Newley. But we had Eidson some years ago, who's better than him. I don't remember noone else though.
    Foreigners like that don't stay in Rytas for a long time.

Newley isn't worse than Marshall and he isn't former Rytas' SF, he's playing for Lietuvos Rytas right now.

If you look at Newley only from some games and the way he is used here in Vilnius, then you should watch some games of him playing for Australia.

P.s. and not "D.Johnson" but J.Johnson.

Foreigners like that don't stay in Rytas for a long time.

Newley isn't worse than Marshall and he isn't former Rytas' SF, he's playing for Lietuvos Rytas right now.

If you look at Newley only from some games and the way he is used here in Vilnius, then you should watch some games of him playing for Australia.

P.s. and not "D.Johnson" but J.Johnson.
    What? Who don't say? Johnson was quite good, i liked his game, but then he got strong injury and that's way he left. Milosevic, who generally wasn't good, but it's the fact that he was Rytas player, is only 2-nd pg in Astana. And for example, Bjelica stayed for a long time in Rytas, but i would call him very average player with horrible rebounding and bad defence.

I watched some Newley's game in WC and didn't see anything what i couldn't see in Lithuania. He's quite good in defence, but he's freaking unstable in offense and has quite bad shot for SF. And you won't denie, that he's psichological weak, he mentioned it himself and it's also an important aspect of the game.

Finally, i don't understund the point of it's dispute. The current foreigners in Astana generally are players of Rytas's level. No doubt.

Second rate americans?

Actually thats true.

Some people are tend to call players second rate if they dont play in well known teams.. Thats wrong in general. Price, Eidson, Nielsen, Bjelica could be easily called second rate player before they came to rytas and look how majority of them are doing now.

Newley isn't worse than Marshall
    What a hell, man. WHATAHELL? You can praise your team as much as you want, but this is just too much, you've gone too far.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamcatcher View Post
    What? Who don't say? Johnson was quite good, i liked his game, but then he got strong injury and that's way he left. Milosevic, who generally wasn't good, but it's the fact that he was Rytas player, is only 2-nd pg in Astana. And for example, Bjelica stayed for a long time in Rytas, but i would call him very average player with horrible rebounding and bad defence.

I watched some Newley's game in WC and didn't see anything what i couldn't see in Lithuania. He's quite good in defence, but he's freaking unstable in offense and has quite bad shot for SF. And you won't denie, that he's psichological weak, he mentioned it himself and it's also an important aspect of the game.

Finally, i don't understund the point of it's dispute. The current foreigners in Astana generally are players of Rytas's level. No doubt.
    Johnson was quite good before the injury but after that in Lietuvos Rytas he was terrible. He recovered in the end of the season in Turkey, though.

Miloševič was good only when Kurtinaitis was the coach, he used the best what Miloševič has.

That WC was Newley's the worst international tournament that he ever played...you should have watched him this year in games against teams like Serbia (okay okay, that were only friendly games but it does show how he can play, too). I definitely agree with you about pshychology, it's old story and I noticed that in a first month when he started to play for Lietuvos Rytas. Still, he is much better than others see him. http://london2012.fiba.com/pages/eng...//profile.html

You always really underrate players of Lietuvos Rytas and for you very well known name is always much better than not that much known player.

Wtf.
    At some level i love these moments of posting frenzy,but then again-Konjac guy is a troll.
    Being signed for lrytas is usually a step up for most of the players
    What happens afterwards is very simple - some of them get to sign for better teams in europe ,some get signed for better money abroad,but not in very good teams(like Ukrainian).
    Some get contracts just because of that,for playing in lrytas.

Having watched both Marshall and Newley in Greece i can say that Marshall is more important for a team, whereas Newley is hard working, team player, but will never be a leader.

Rytas just lost to Azovmash 82:73.Horrible offense by us and also just awful FT shooting(55%).I hope this will be the first and also the last loss to the ukranians this year.
    Lietuvos rytas - signing your Yugoslavian scrubs since forever.

Quote Originally Posted by auris1 View Post
    Wtf.

Some get contracts just because of that,for playing in lrytas.
    yes, ofcourse
    all of europe is waiting to sign L. Rytas rejects..
    "Heja, heja Cibosi, hrabri kao vukovi,

heja, heja cibosi, vodite nas k pobjedi. "

Žalgiris struggled once again, this time against Krasnye Krylia. They were down 4 points with less than a minute to go and Russians had the ball, but the hosts finished the game well. 84:82 for Žalgiris in their first game in the new arena. The team-play was lacking again, they won because of talent, but it won't be enough in the Euroleague. It's going to be a hard game against CSKA... And man, Weems and Lawson are SO fast, they could be the best fast-break duo in the Euroleague.

Those who did not see the game can watch it here (Žalgiris - Krasnye Krylia).

So anyways Zalgiris lost to Nizhny Novgorod 86:92 at home.That's just embarrassing.They need to get a new head coach ASAP,otherwise they'll get raped by Panathinaikos on friday.

Quote Originally Posted by hustlerlt View Post
    So anyways Zalgiris lost to Nizhny Novgorod 86:92 at home.That's just embarrassing.They need to get a new head coach ASAP,otherwise they'll get raped by Panathinaikos on friday.
    I highly doubt a new coach is gonna improve the chances of that limited squad in a game against PAO in OAKA...or are there still some disilusioned fans who believe that a team consisting of Jankunas, Javtokas and Kalnietis is a Euroleague Final 4 contender?

Rytas beat Nymburk today 78:72.Rytas scorers were Rice 18(8 assists),Roberts 13(11 rebounds),10 Seibutis and Babrauskas,9 Rasic and Samardziski(7 rebounds),5 Valanciunas(6 rebounds),2 Jomantas and Katelynas.Nymburk scorers were Simmons 26,Wilson 20(7 rebounds),8 Bendra,7 Pumpra(8 rebounds),5 Spralja,4 Lawrence and 2 Necas.I didn't like the refereeing today,which at times was just horrible,Rytas free throw shooting needs a lot of work,they hit them only at 57%.Also the lithuanians in our team weren't really good today,but I liked to see their clear desire to win the game,which almost wasn't existing last year.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast