VTB League 2011/2012

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dreamcatcher View Post
    Roberts is too much for Donatas. Great defence against him, he managed to score only from ft and 3 pt lines.
    All Rytas team worked very well against Motiejunas, Roberts is just a little part of that job. Really tough defence and refs was homecourt friendly by the way. I was sitting very close to the court. My only point is that Roberts barely a hero here.

And Prokom's guards are literally terrible. Even worse than Rytas'.
    LTU NT will snatch Eurobasket 2029 title with this roster:

Jokubaitis, Marciulionis, Laurencikas
    Indrusaitis, Brazdeikis, Rubstavicius
    Buzelis, Lelevicius
    Murauskas, Sirvydis
    Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

Originally posted by Straight forward View Post
      All Rytas team worked very well against Motiejunas, Roberts is just a little part of that job. Really tough defence and refs was homecourt friendly by the way. I was sitting very close to the court. My only point is that Roberts barely a hero here.

And Prokom's guards are literally terrible. Even worse than Rytas'.
      I remembered that Roberts in the first game in Poland defended him good too, and then Donatas scored his points in the second half against Katelynas, if i remember correctly. Overall good job by Roberts playing against Motiejunas.

Rytas's guards are not bad except Stepas. And even he can play decently in defense and make some threes. Seibutis is a great signing for Rytas, considering he's lithuanian. The problem is that Rice and Rasic are not classical point guards, but Rice is individually strong player and Rasic is a good shooter. Overall it's OK. The real problem is SF line. Maybe there was not any money for a new one. Maybe there were not any reasons to buy him. The game by Rytas has improved.

Comment

Originally posted by Mindozas View Post
        Now suddenly expanding Top16 looks not that bad... Of course if you won't qualify there, to play only in bloody LKL for more than a half of the season is somekind of suicide. It's easy for f.e. Spanish teams, which has competitive league, but when you play in smaller one like LKL it's kinda disaster.
        And regarding kids, well, first of all they must solve other problems, more serious ones, only couple of games against Zalgiris or Rytas surely won't help to develop into smth
        Yea, by expanding Top16 EL actually cares about big sharks only ( the clubs with budgets to qualify to Top16 automatically ) , while clubs "on-the-edge" of qualification risk here their whole season.

I like football Champions League model here: regular season 3-rd seed clubs have a chance of saving the rest of the season in DivB League Europa.

Comment

Die Liebe wird eine Krankheit, wenn man sie als eine Heilung sieht
          Artificial Nature

Comment

A pretty interesting result in a game between CSKA and Azovmash 62:37.The 4th quarter ended with an impressive result of 4:6.
            Also the game between Spartak and Asseco Prokom ended with a result of 45:50.
            Last edited by hustlerlt; 03-10-2012, 04:19 PM.
            Lietuvos rytas - signing your Yugoslavian scrubs since forever.

Comment

Regular season finished today with Zalgiris cruising past VEF 93:56 and finishing 3rd in group A, while VEF was eliminated. Now time for play-offs

1st round (best of 3)

Zalgiris - Lokomotiv Kuban

Rytas - Nizhnyj Novgorod

2nd round (best of 3)

Spartak - Zalgiris/Loko

Khimki - Rytas/NN

Final 4

Unics - Spartak/Zalgiris/Loko

CSKA - Khimki/Rytas/NN

Comment

Final 4

Unics - Spartak/Zalgiris/Loko

CSKA - Khimki/Rytas/NN
                Are you sure about these pairs? Today during the game the commentator said that if Žalgiris is in F4 then he plays against CSKA.
                Girdėjau gandą - ateina lietūs

Comment

Originally posted by Z.A.L.I.A. View Post
                  Are you sure about these pairs? Today during the game the commentator said that if Žalgiris is in F4 then he plays against CSKA.
                  C'mon it's Nalivaika Btw, info taken from official site. Now there's even this picture filled with teams

Play_Off_Final_4_March_ENG.jpg

Comment

C'mon it's Nalivaika Btw, info taken from official site. Now there's even this picture filled with teams
                    Ok, thanks. I got confused a little bit. I'd say we have quite good chance to reach the finale (which most likely means playing against CSKA).
                    Girdėjau gandą - ateina lietūs

Comment

Originally posted by Z.A.L.I.A. View Post
                      Ok, thanks. I got confused a little bit. I'd say we have quite good chance to reach the finale (which most likely means playing against CSKA).
                      With Zalgiris you never know. Wouldn't be too surprised if we'd lose 0-2 against Loko, the same goes with us playin' in final. Simply too hard to guess when the team is so unstable even during almost each game. Of course both Loko and Spartak are beatable, even in away game, while regarding Unics, it'd depend where the F4 will be held. Last year it was in Kazan, so now either it's Lithuania's turn again to host it, either it'll be Moscow, so surely there're chances to beat them, but that's about all I guess

Comment

At halftime it's still close in the semi:

CSKA Moscow 41 Vilnius Lietuvos Rytas 38

Comment

CSKA champions, what a surprise

Highlights of the semis game CSKA vs Rytas: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KvgG186hJxI
                          Die Liebe wird eine Krankheit, wenn man sie als eine Heilung sieht
                          Artificial Nature

Comment

CSKA just did what they came here for - to claim a trophy...
                            Actually Rytas played a good game against them and had a chance to win at the end or at least make it even tighter, but some braindead decisions on the offensive end put a final nail in the coffin. Congrats to the best team in Europe and hopefully they win Euroleague too

Comment

Working...
                            X

Debug Information