Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interbasket coming and going

Hiya.
    I have had problem with accessing interbasket on and off the last two days. Sometimes I cant reach the forum pages while other times I cant even get to the front page. Anyone else with this problem?
    Unicajism (or Unicajian Performance Fluctuation Syndrome: UPFS) in all its glory

Same here. Sometimes an 500 error or something shows up. Must be the server. Nothing to worry about I suppose.
    Die Liebe wird eine Krankheit, wenn man sie als eine Heilung sieht
    Artificial Nature

Comment

Do you have Interbasket forum in your favorites? This happened to me when I was a newbie.. I am a fast typer, so I type websites that I know instead of saving them on my favorites. I always keyed in http://forums.interbasket.com instead of .net, and that gave me problems..

In other forums, I encountered the 500 error, and what I did to fix the issue were to:
      - Delete Cookies
      - Clear Cache
      - Close all open browser windows/tabs, and open a new one to try & access again

Always worked like a charm.
      https://t.me/pump_upp

Comment

I've had the exact same problem as Rik.
        Originally posted by Jeffie View Post
        In other forums, I encountered the 500 error, and what I did to fix the issue were to:
        - Delete Cookies
        - Clear Cache
        - Close all open browser windows/tabs, and open a new one to try & access again

Always worked like a charm.
        I'll have to give that a try.
        "I really like the attitudes of eagles. They never give up. When they grab a fish or something else, they never let it go. It doesn't matter. In a book, they write they find a skeleton of [an] eagle and there is no fish. It means that the fish beat him and killed him, but he didn't let go." -- Donatas Motiejunas

Comment

Last resort, if that doesn't work, is to reboot your computer.

If that doesn't work, the problem is most likely with the site, and not with your browser settings.

Comment

Everyone had this problem, so it obviously has something to do with the web-site, not with us.

Comment

Originally posted by Gytaz View Post
              Everyone had this problem, so it obviously has something to do with the web-site, not with us.
              Where did you get the info that "everyone" had it? I never had problems accessing Interbasket other than the typo I mentioned..
              Maybe it was a problem with one of the servers of the forum, causing a random number of members to get the error, but not everyone had this problem.

Comment

I believe it happens when a new story/content is being added to interbasket home page.

Comment

Where did you get the info that "everyone" had it?
                  Because I was following the "2011 U19 World Championship" thread and were there no posts for the duration of like half of Lithuania-USA game, which would have been impossible if everything was okay.

Maybe it was a problem with one of the servers of the forum, causing a random number of members to get the error, but not everyone had this problem.
                  Well, yes, not "everyone", because no-one stays here 24/7 obviously, but the fact remains that the problem was universal during the last few days (not today though, at least not when I was here). Otherwise there would have been more post written in certain time in certain threads.

Originally posted by NorCal View Post
                  I believe it happens when a new story/content is being added to interbasket home page.
                  But it very rarely happened in the past and was quite frequent in the last few days.

Anyway, everything seems fine today, at least to me.
                  Last edited by Gytaz; 07-07-2011, 08:09 PM.

Comment

I hope its not due to heavy traffic (U19WC) since its just gonna get worse later on (knockout round of WC19 and later Eurobasket) than.

I ahve tried all steps above but I still get the 500 error and sometimes not even that.
                    Unicajism (or Unicajian Performance Fluctuation Syndrome: UPFS) in all its glory

Comment

Die Liebe wird eine Krankheit, wenn man sie als eine Heilung sieht
                      Artificial Nature

Comment

Originally posted by Billy View Post
                        I hope its not due to heavy traffic (U19WC) since its just gonna get worse later on (knockout round of WC19 and later Eurobasket) than.

I ahve tried all steps above but I still get the 500 error and sometimes not even that.
                        Its a server error. That error occurred on the server itself. No matter what we do to try to fix that like thinker our machines, we wont be successful because the problem is on the server not on our side.

The 500 error is a general error thrown by the server. Its used when the error is not specified or the software that was running the server cant point out what really went wrong. But usually its the parsing process that is the culprit.

If the server is practicing redundancy, and if the software or someone running the server makes some changes to it, or updates or anyhting, it would not really face problems and result to an error 500. So i believe its the software that is the culprit or the heavy traffic. Because the 500 error is thrown out if the server cant fulfill the request of the client. Web servers are not humans that can adjust to the new situation, they are ,like all programmed things,fixed.Its a protocol to throw an error instead. Its not a human,but its also not perfect. hehe

I believe that those running the server knows whats happening, coz its normal for webservers to generate logs whenever it comes to face an error.
                        but it depends...

not really sure about what i said but its what i know.

or maybe the error can be pointed out to traffic, maybe someone is DDos'ing the server...
                        and btw, i have so many spam messages in my profile. lol am i the only victim of this?
                        Last edited by weward; 07-08-2011, 02:53 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by weward View Post
                          Its a server error. That error occurred on the server itself. No matter what we do to try to fix that like thinker our machines, we wont be successful because the problem is on the server not on our side.

The 500 error is a general error thrown by the server. Its used when the error is not specified or the software that was running the server cant point out what really went wrong. But usually its the parsing process that is the culprit.

If the server is practicing redundancy, and if the software or someone running the server makes some changes to it, or updates or anyhting, it would not really face problems and result to an error 500. So i believe its the software that is the culprit or the heavy traffic. Because the 500 error is thrown out if the server cant fulfill the request of the client. Web servers are not humans that can adjust to the new situation, they are ,like all programmed things,fixed.Its a protocol to throw an error instead. Its not a human,but its also not perfect. hehe

I believe that those running the server knows whats happening, coz its normal for webservers to generate logs whenever it comes to face an error.
                          but it depends...

not really sure about what i said but its what i know.

or maybe the error can be pointed out to traffic, maybe someone is DDos'ing the server...
                          and btw, i have so many spam messages in my profile. lol am i the only victim of this?
                          nope, i do receive PMs from strangers with links in their messages.

i just hit ctrl + f5 whenever that 500 internal error pops out. if it continues to persist i just wait it out for a few minutes.
                          you know why I am happy

Comment

For those receiving Spam Visitor Messages & Spam PMs from Non Posting Members:

User CP > Messaging & Notification

Check Receive Private Messages only from Contacts and Moderators

Check Limit usage of Visitor Messages to Contacts and Moderators
                            OR
                            UnCheck Enable Visitor Messaging
                            Sacramento Kings
                            HERE WE STAY UNTIL THE COWBELLS COME HOME

Comment

Originally posted by CKR13 View Post
                              For those receiving Spam Visitor Messages & Spam PMs from Non Posting Members:

User CP > Messaging & Notification

Check Receive Private Messages only from Contacts and Moderators

Check Limit usage of Visitor Messages to Contacts and Moderators
                              OR
                              UnCheck Enable Visitor Messaging
                              thanks ckr13 although i just delete those spam message
                              you know why I am happy

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information