2011 FIBA Oceania Men's Championship

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sinobball View Post
    That's correct, double headers. With the women's games it's no contest, AUS sweeps easily. With the men, NZL has improved a lot in the past few years and could give a serious run against the Aussies who are missing some players, in my opinion.
    I doubt New Zealand has chances.
    If I'm not mistaken, Australians miss only Bogut and Andersen. And young Jawai too. Though Bogut is their best player and they miss three players in same biggie line - that is line they are best covered. Nielsen and Maric are capable starting duo, with young Ogilvy being backup, while Worthington and Barlow can play stretch four when they play with smaller lineup (which might be needed more than usual versus undersized and fast Zealanders).
    Don't get me wrong, Bogut is huge miss ... but if any of Mills, Ingles or Newley would be out, I think it would be harder to compensate it. As at 4/5 I see capable backups ready to fill in starter's role, while on other positions I see only Gibson ready for starter's role.

Boomers played at London test event and went 4-1 in pretty strong field (won Serbia and Croatia, lost to France), although practically without any practices - Australia based players are together since Stankovic Cup, but majority of team is Europe based (plus NBA Mills) and full team met in London for first time this summer. That London score means they're very good and they know each other very well from previous summers' campaigns.

Comment

Tickets for Game One of the Australia - New Zealand game is sold out.

Sacramento Kings
      HERE WE STAY UNTIL THE COWBELLS COME HOME

Comment

Game 1

Men
        Australia 91 - New Zealand 78

Women
        Australia 77 - New Zealand 64

Comment

Working...
        X

Debug Information