No announcement yet.

German BBL News & Transactions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

John Bynum (TBB Trier) We Have To Understand That Phoenix Hagen Will Have Runs During The Game Because Of Their Explosiveness - Nov 4, 2011 (by Miles Schmidt-Scheuber)

John Bynum (191-G-78, agency: Scorers 1st Sportmanagement , college: Metro St.) is a 33 year old 191 cm guard from Visalia California that will commence his second season with TBB Trier. He is a good fighter, fast and good in offensive playing. He is great athlete who shoot the ball with consistency from 3 and finish with authority on the break. He is a tremendous defender on the ball. He played college basketball at College of the Sequoias Junior College:from 1996-1998 and then transferred to Metropolitan St. (NCAA2): and played there from 1998-2000. He started his professional basketball career in 2001 in the Uk for the Solent Stars (United Kingdom-NBLConf): 31 points, 8 rebounds and 7 assist. In 2002-2003, came his first tour of duty in Germany for BSG Grevenbroich (Germany-Regionalliga): 24.7ppg, 9.2rpg, 6.7apg, 3.5spg. In 2003-2004, he played for the Ulriken Eagles (Norway-BNLO): Regular Season: 14 games: 20,1ppg, 8,1rpg, 2,5apg, 2,9spg, 0,4bpg.In 2004-2005, he was back in Germany playing for BSG Grevenbroich (Germany-2. can Bundesliga): 30 games: Score-5 (26.0ppg), 7.7rpg, Ast-4 (5.4apg), 1.7spg, 2FGP: 55.5%, 3FGP: 33.3%, FT: 63.6%. In 2005-2006, he played for InterCollege Etha Engomis (Cyprus-A1): only pre-season, then joined COOCOON Baskets Weiden (Germany-2.Bundesliga, starting five): 8 games: 15.6ppg, 5.9rpg, 2.0apg, 1.6spg, 2FGP: 51%, left in Jan.'06 and later that month signed at Eisbaeren Bremerhaven (Germany-1.Bundesliga): 21 games: 7.8ppg, 2.6rpg, 1.8apg, 2FGP: 56.5%. In 2006-2007, he played for the Eisbaeren Bremerhaven (Germany-1.Bundesliga): 31 games: 5.7ppg, 2.0rpg, 2.2apg, 2FGP: 43.1%, 3FGP: 25.0%, FT: 55.9%. In 2007-2008, he played for USC Heidelberg (Germany-ProA, starting five): 14 games: 14.4ppg, 4.4rpg, Assists-5 (4.6apg), 2.3spg, 2FGP: 54%, 3FGP: 27.3%, FT: 58.5%, left in Jan.'08 due to shoulder injury, in Feb.'08 moved to Digibu Baskets Paderborn (Germany-1.Bundesliga, starting five): 13 games: 6.3ppg, 3.0rpg, 2.4apg, 2FGP: 51.8%, 3PT: 14.3%, FT: 70.0%. In 2009-2010, he played in the PRO A for Proveo Merlins Crailsheim (Germany-ProA, starting five): 27 games: 16.9ppg, 7.1rpg, Assists-3 (5.4apg), 1.1spg, FGP: 51.8%, 3PT: 25.0%, FT: 62.8%. Last season with TBB Trier, he played 35 games: 6.9ppg, 3.7rpg, 1.5apg, FGP: 47.9%, 3PT: 24.0%, FT: 64.3%. He sat down with Eurobasket before the game against Phoenix Hagen November 5th.

After the strong home win against BBC Bayreuth, what has been the main focus in practice this week. TBB Trier is known for priding their defense, but what other things have been important this week?

For us the main focus on how we can get better but obviously when we look at Hagen we have to look at their transition game and how to slow them down and pick our spots to attack and control the boards is a key thing for this game as well.

TBB Trier is 1-2 on the road this season. You did win in Goettingen where the fans are always loud. Does that last road win give the team added confidence for the game in Hagen?

Any win on the road gives you confidence and I think it shows that we are capable of winning in a loud environment. This is a game that we are capable of winning and we like our chances.

What is your impression of Phoenix Hagen this season? They beat Alba Berlin again the second time in a row at home?

Hagen is a dangerous team for sure and can play with anyone in the BBL with their style especially if their shots are falling. They have had three different players who can score over 30 so we can't just focus on one for sure.

What is your memory of playing in Hagen last season in their old/new arena?

My memory of last season was winning on their court but it is a new season and last year doesn't matter anymore.

Phoenix Hagen showed last season that they can put up pointson the board and this season have showed it also. is this a game that will be won under the boards or limiting the wing players and their open looks?

Yes for sure their offensive abilities are spoken for themselves but we just have to understand that they will have runs during the game because of their explosiveness but we have to stay together and just understand that basketball is a game of runs and just play our game and stay focused.

Jason Crowe has been around the block and is very experienced. How much are you looking forward to getting in his passing lanes and closing him down?

I'm really just looking forward to playing. I'm sure at one point I will be guarding him but our focus is to shut down there strengths and slow them down anyway we can.

Kobe Bryant has said that he wants to be the Will Smith of the NBA. Who would be his Jada Pinket as a player? lol

Not really sure what he meant by that but if he was will smith I'm sure there are a couple of his teammates that would fall under that Jada Pinkett category.

What was your whole take on the 72 day wedding of Kim Kardashian and NBA player Kris Humphries?

Honestly I don't know what to say but I would get married to Kim for 72 days and let me put it this way I would be a rich man after the divorce and I don't think I would be playing basketball anymore and I think I would have a son on the way too...lol.

Source:www.eurobasket.com
    Follow my blogs and tweets. http://dxjayrocksnotes.blogspot.com/ and https://twitter.com/dxjayrock

Road To Rio 2016.

Kwentong Gilas ~ Gilas Serye. LMAO!!!

Comment

Saw the second half (and an OT) of the Artland Dragons - Bayern Muenchen game and I'm pretty excited of what I've seen. Very interesting game full of tension and its fair share of dramatic moments. Also I'm happy that Artland prevailed in Quakenbrueck as they surprisingly were playing more team-oriented basketball in offense though their defense was pretty poor. Home team was mostly leading but in the end lose all its advantage and was even losing but only by 2-3 points. It seemed that Bayern will not miss the opportunity to win but miraculously Dragons equalize the score level at the very end of the fourth quarter. Also Bayern have led in score for the most of the overtime duration and even as high as 6 points, so it also seemed that they finally will grab the hard win but there was a player who had the contrary opinion - shorty playmaker David Holston who played huge in the closing minutes of overtime shooting three deadly threes in a minute and a half. Among them - a shot for the tie and the winning one from something like 7-7,5 meters 2 seconds before the final whistle. Holston, who is some kind of my favourite since his Turkish days, was a real game hero who stole that title in the last minutes from another player who put up a huge performance - Je'Kel Foster who scored 31 points, shooting 5 of 6 from beyond the arc and playing like a real leader should play. Also for Bayern Noah-alike looking Chevon Troutman was great especially in the second half. He scored 21 points combined with 12 rebounds and was almost unstoppable in the paint plus he grabbed offensive rebounds like a maniac. It was surprise for me that Johannes Strasser was benched for the whole 4th quarter and overtime as he was one of the best (and most useful) players of his team while on the floor. All in all, a great game which was so fun to watch.
      I think that I will definitely pay more attention to Bundesleague since now. I understand that the games like this one are rarity in every tournament but the level of basketball displayed wasn't that far behind top European competitions like ACB, Lega A and PBL. Awaiting tomorrow's game between two leading teams - Bonn and Bamberg
      2013/2014 IBN Euroleague Prediction Game Winner

Thrash 'till Death!

Comment

The Curious Case of Ben Hansbrough

The Curious Case of Ben Hansbrough

Comment

Originally posted by German Hoops View Post
          When are you guys finally learning to write stories not books? You are already messing up the Eurobasket Germany Page - please dont spam it over here as well! Thanks.

I from Wisconsin!
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ca6O8FR0rbQ

TO SYNTHESIZER WE ARE A BIG TEAM

Comment

Brose Baskets Bamberg claimed the German Cup yesterday after beating Baskets Bonn 73-82.
            Die Liebe wird eine Krankheit, wenn man sie als eine Heilung sieht
            Artificial Nature

Comment

Wuerzburg fired head-coach John Patrick over personal differences.
              Several media-outlets reported, that John Patrick and his players did not get along with each other as they refused to shake-hands with its coach after the semi-final loss to Ulm. Earlier, Chester Frazier left the team even though he had agreed on a contract until the end of the semi-final series.
              His explantion regarding his sudden departure can be read here:

"Well let me say this! You can't believe John Patrick! Me leaving has nothing to do with getting married, that stuff is taken care of by my fiancé! I initially asked to be released - begged for the team to release me one day after alba was over- my reason- it would not be fair for me to play when jermaine, who is a professional, has a chance to showcase his talents as he would be looking for a job next season! I knew id be coaching so I thought since jermaine was there he could fill in! JP said he would not release me!! He said I had to stay because with me we could beat ulm! He agreed to release me only after ulm- I continued to say it wasn't fair etc. He said if I left people could get fired- and the team could make money if they get into the finals! This wouldn't be fair to lead a team to the finals and leave!

I agreed to stay only under one condition- and that was that I was paid everything I was owed before the 1st game and a contract was made- stating they would release me from contract duties.

There were many things John Patrick did that angered me and forced me to lose trust and respect for him! I helped him recruit many players this season (mike tisdale, Ricky Harris, Chris Kramer,) and he got rid of mike tisdale for a "back issue" that was clearly not true! He also tried many times to fire Ricky Harris and Ricky is a personal friend! He continually tells lies and abuses players in practice and in games! This is why I could not see myself playing under him anymore and caused me to look at coaching because I can barely look at him in his eyes! It is a soap opera constantly!

I apologize sincerely to my teammates and fans who have been awesome all yr! But I can't play for a guy that makes people feel like crap daily and play my hardest knowing that he has the most to gain! A lot of the players are drained from his antics and are upset with him which is why majority of them don't want to return!

I ultimately left because of those reasons! I can not respect a man that does dirty things to his players and beats them down mentally! I was stressed out so many nights by JP and if you want you can ask my former teammates about their coach after the season! Even jochen and steffen held meetings to discuss John Patrick with the team but nothing ever happened! He lied to them many times and they accepted it

I really just hoped that I could be released after alba but they tried to force me to stay!! I have emails to show my side of this story!

I played my heart out for this team and he didn't care that I landed a job that benefitted my future! He only cared about making the finals and his own selfish gains!"

Wuerzburg concluded the season successfully with beating favored Bayern Munich earlier and John Patrick is a two-time coach of the year in the BBL...

I from Wisconsin!

Comment

Giessen gained another year in the BBL by receiving a wild-card for 2012-2013. Gloria Giants Duesseldorf under the guidance of Murat Didin has been the other candidate for the wild-card. Since Duesseldorf has been denied the right to play in the Pro A(second division) and Pro B (third division) they might be playing in the fourth division next season.
                Rumours are, that several US players are still in Duesseldorf and are waiting to be paid for 2011-2012...

I from Wisconsin!

Comment

I wasn't sure where to ask this but has anyone seen Javon Mccrea play this season and how well did he do especially on the defensive piece. Was he asked to guard other centers or PFs? also are there any news of Bayreuth planning to keep him next season? thank you all in advance!
                  https://t.me/pump_upp

Comment

Working...
                  X

Debug Information