Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: German BBL News & Transactions

Wuerzburg fired head-coach John Patrick over personal differences.
    Several media-outlets reported, that John Patrick and his players did not get along with each other as they refused to shake-hands with its coach after the semi-final loss to Ulm. Earlier, Chester Frazier left the team even though he had agreed on a contract until the end of the semi-final series.
    His explantion regarding his sudden departure can be read here:

"Well let me say this! You can't believe John Patrick! Me leaving has nothing to do with getting married, that stuff is taken care of by my fiancé! I initially asked to be released - begged for the team to release me one day after alba was over- my reason- it would not be fair for me to play when jermaine, who is a professional, has a chance to showcase his talents as he would be looking for a job next season! I knew id be coaching so I thought since jermaine was there he could fill in! JP said he would not release me!! He said I had to stay because with me we could beat ulm! He agreed to release me only after ulm- I continued to say it wasn't fair etc. He said if I left people could get fired- and the team could make money if they get into the finals! This wouldn't be fair to lead a team to the finals and leave!

I agreed to stay only under one condition- and that was that I was paid everything I was owed before the 1st game and a contract was made- stating they would release me from contract duties.

There were many things John Patrick did that angered me and forced me to lose trust and respect for him! I helped him recruit many players this season (mike tisdale, Ricky Harris, Chris Kramer,) and he got rid of mike tisdale for a "back issue" that was clearly not true! He also tried many times to fire Ricky Harris and Ricky is a personal friend! He continually tells lies and abuses players in practice and in games! This is why I could not see myself playing under him anymore and caused me to look at coaching because I can barely look at him in his eyes! It is a soap opera constantly!

I apologize sincerely to my teammates and fans who have been awesome all yr! But I can't play for a guy that makes people feel like crap daily and play my hardest knowing that he has the most to gain! A lot of the players are drained from his antics and are upset with him which is why majority of them don't want to return!

I ultimately left because of those reasons! I can not respect a man that does dirty things to his players and beats them down mentally! I was stressed out so many nights by JP and if you want you can ask my former teammates about their coach after the season! Even jochen and steffen held meetings to discuss John Patrick with the team but nothing ever happened! He lied to them many times and they accepted it

I really just hoped that I could be released after alba but they tried to force me to stay!! I have emails to show my side of this story!

I played my heart out for this team and he didn't care that I landed a job that benefitted my future! He only cared about making the finals and his own selfish gains!"

Wuerzburg concluded the season successfully with beating favored Bayern Munich earlier and John Patrick is a two-time coach of the year in the BBL...

I from Wisconsin!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ca6O8FR0rbQ

TO SYNTHESIZER WE ARE A BIG TEAM

Giessen gained another year in the BBL by receiving a wild-card for 2012-2013. Gloria Giants Duesseldorf under the guidance of Murat Didin has been the other candidate for the wild-card. Since Duesseldorf has been denied the right to play in the Pro A(second division) and Pro B (third division) they might be playing in the fourth division next season.
    Rumours are, that several US players are still in Duesseldorf and are waiting to be paid for 2011-2012...

I from Wisconsin!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ca6O8FR0rbQ

TO SYNTHESIZER WE ARE A BIG TEAM

I wasn't sure where to ask this but has anyone seen Javon Mccrea play this season and how well did he do especially on the defensive piece. Was he asked to guard other centers or PFs? also are there any news of Bayreuth planning to keep him next season? thank you all in advance!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12