German BBL News & Transactions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• German BBL News & Transactions

MBC hired Silvano Poropat as their new head coach.
    Die Liebe wird eine Krankheit, wenn man sie als eine Heilung sieht
    Artificial Nature

Hi people. What can you tell me about Jacob Burtschi, from Phoenix Hagen?

He just signed for CAI Zaragoza.
    FIRE THE NEXT ONE!!!
    EŭroKorbo, the useless basketball blog in esperanto.

Comment

Originally posted by Gonzaka View Post
      Hi people. What can you tell me about Jacob Burtschi, from Phoenix Hagen?

He just signed for CAI Zaragoza.
      One of the most important player of the team Phoenix Hagen last seson. He has great shooting abilities (top ten three-point-shooter in the BBL).
      Moreover he is a strong player on both backboards.
      He averaged 14 PPG (44% three pointer), 6,8 RPG and 1,55 SPG...

Hagen, as a low budget team, played a good season and reached a good 11th place in the BBL. But you need to know that this team only played run and gun systems. So the shooters often get open shots and the team second chances..

Nevertheless Burtschi is a good player. He was one of the great surprises of last german BBL season.

Comment

Sure thing but not official jet:Ben Hansbrough to Bayern Munich!

Comment

News & Transactions 2011/12

Situation in what I would call the Big 6.

Bamberg
          • Under contract: Goldsberry, Stuckey, Gavel, Tadda, Suput, Neumann.
          • Signed Jacobsen to a new 3-year-deal
          • Pleiss did not execute opt out, stays till 2012
          • Gavel could opt out, but unlikely
          • Rumours concerning Goldsberry's knee
          • Roberts and Hines reported (serious source) to have lucrative offers (half a million-ish) from ACB. Terry is also free agent.

ALBA
          • Under contract: Idbihi, Allen, Schultze, Staiger, Schaffartzik
          • Just added Gordon Herbert to replace Katzurin as head coach

Bayern
          • Under contract: Hamann, Wallace, Doreth, Greene, Nadjfeji and young 3rd-string center Radosavljevic
          • Reportedly (Notre Dame beat writer) added Ben Hansbrough. Major signing. Most likely to start at two guard.
          • Added Schwethelm from Bremerhaven. Solid role player, great three point threat but still work to do on the defensive end

Quakenbrück
          • Under contract: Hess, Fenn
          • Re-signed Peavy and Strasser
          • Question mark: Rice's return. Should have plenty of offers after good season.

Oldenburg
          • Under contract: Paulding, Smeulders
          • Replaced Baynes with Chubb for most likely a ton of money
          • Added de Mello from Frankfurt, really solid German role-player
          • Lou Campbell is in question after a terrible season. Judging by their latest press release: not continuing despite originally signing a 2-year-deal
          • Added young Razis.
          • McNaughton left for Bremerhaven

Frankfurt
          • Under contract: Wood, Nolte, Franke
          • Re-signed McKinney, lost coach Herbert (ALBA), de Mello (Oldenburg), Powell and Roller (both retired)

Ludwigsburg re-signed Zavackas. This is top news which I am putting at the bottom of the page for the sole reason that otherwise you guys would just swallow the Zavackas info and leave without reading the rest of the post.

Significant news from other places (not claiming to be complete): Bonn added Veikalas (excellent signing), Jordan, Hain and Buljan, re-signed Ensminger; Braunschweig added Melzer; Würzburg signed Göttingen's John Patrick. Ulm and Würzburg expected to make some noise this year with increased budgets.
          Last edited by robbe; 06-29-2011, 10:49 AM.

Comment

'nabend leute.

L'equipe is reporting
            an interest for antoine diot from alba berlin, and italian and spanish teams.

Any news in Germany to back up their rumor ?

Knowing i was thinking about one german team, but not alba (especially with herbert and his american teams), bayern (since most likely bauermann knows diot very well).

Tchuss.

Comment

Originally posted by raph View Post
              'nabend leute.

L'equipe is reporting
              an interest for antoine diot from alba berlin, and italian and spanish teams.

Any news in Germany to back up their rumor ?

Knowing i was thinking about one german team, but not alba (especially with herbert and his american teams), bayern (since most likely bauermann knows diot very well).

Tchuss.
              It is very unlikely, that Berlin will sign him. They allready have two point guards in their roster (Wood and Schaffartzik). Moreover team manager Derimel said, that Taylor Rochestie (also PG) might stay in Berlin. So, they doesn't really need another PG...

Comment

Hi, Can you write a few words about John Allen?

He just signed a contract with Anwil Wloclawek (Poland) and I just want to know what he is capable of. Is he the right player (propably the starting SG) for a top team in Poland (well...let's say a semi-final team is a top level team in the country)?
                his strengths? Weaknesses?

Comment

Can anyone tell me if Skyliners are looking for a new coach??

Comment

Originally posted by Lion View Post
                    Can anyone tell me if Skyliners are looking for a new coach??
                    Yep. Gordon Herbert have signed a contract with Alba Berlin, so they have to find a new coach... Any rumors?

Comment

Originally posted by Janus View Post
                      Yep. Gordon Herbert have signed a contract with Alba Berlin, so they have to find a new coach... Any rumors?
                      Giorgos Kalafatakis seems to be a candidate...

Comment

Originally posted by brss View Post

He just signed a contract with Anwil Wloclawek (Poland) and I just want to know what he is capable of. Is he the right player (propably the starting SG) for a top team in Poland (well...let's say a semi-final team is a top level team in the country)?
                        First thing: I don't think he's a SG, but rather a undersized SF preferring to finish close to the rim.

At NY Phantoms Braunschweig Allen was quite a favourite of the fans, despite his mediocre shooting from behind the arc (<30%). Here in Germany Allen had one good season in 2007/08. Last year he came as a mid season signing for Bremerhaven. From what we saw he is a decent 20 minutes player with a borderline playoff team in Germany who delivers more than points but is not the most constant scorer. I don't know how the polish league compares to Germany...

Here's the stats. Obviously his playoff performance falls behind his numbers in regular season.
                        Blogging about German and European basketball (in German): gruebelei.de

Comment

Thank you Gruebler very much

Comment

Fraport Skyliners have signed Muli Katzurin as their new head coach. So, Katzurin went from Berlin to Frankfurt, while Herbert went from Frankfurt to Berlin. Will Muli bring along his PG, Taylor Rochestie, as Herbert did with Dashaun Wood?
                            burnstein

Comment

Originally posted by brss View Post

Well, here in Bremerhaven we won't miss him. Expectations were higher and his play too inconsistent throughout last season. He didn't make the starting five and obviously wasn't satisfied with his deserved role behind german international Schwethelm at SF. Overall, there was just too little coming from him, so he wasn't in consideration for a contract extension. Maybe he will show more in Poland. Personally I'm happy he's not returning to Bremerhaven.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information