Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: German BBL News & Transactions

Default German BBL News & Transactions

MBC hired Silvano Poropat as their new head coach.
    Die Liebe wird eine Krankheit, wenn man sie als eine Heilung sieht
    Artificial Nature

Hi people. What can you tell me about Jacob Burtschi, from Phoenix Hagen?

He just signed for CAI Zaragoza.
    FIRE THE NEXT ONE!!!
    EŭroKorbo, the useless basketball blog in esperanto.

Quote Originally Posted by Gonzaka View Post
    Hi people. What can you tell me about Jacob Burtschi, from Phoenix Hagen?

He just signed for CAI Zaragoza.
    One of the most important player of the team Phoenix Hagen last seson. He has great shooting abilities (top ten three-point-shooter in the BBL).
    Moreover he is a strong player on both backboards.
    He averaged 14 PPG (44% three pointer), 6,8 RPG and 1,55 SPG...

Hagen, as a low budget team, played a good season and reached a good 11th place in the BBL. But you need to know that this team only played run and gun systems. So the shooters often get open shots and the team second chances..

Nevertheless Burtschi is a good player. He was one of the great surprises of last german BBL season.

Sure thing but not official jet:Ben Hansbrough to Bayern Munich!

Default News & Transactions 2011/12

Situation in what I would call the Big 6.

Bamberg
    • Under contract: Goldsberry, Stuckey, Gavel, Tadda, Suput, Neumann.
    • Signed Jacobsen to a new 3-year-deal
    • Pleiss did not execute opt out, stays till 2012
    • Gavel could opt out, but unlikely
    • Rumours concerning Goldsberry's knee
    • Roberts and Hines reported (serious source) to have lucrative offers (half a million-ish) from ACB. Terry is also free agent.

ALBA
    • Under contract: Idbihi, Allen, Schultze, Staiger, Schaffartzik
    • Just added Gordon Herbert to replace Katzurin as head coach

Bayern
    • Under contract: Hamann, Wallace, Doreth, Greene, Nadjfeji and young 3rd-string center Radosavljevic
    • Reportedly (Notre Dame beat writer) added Ben Hansbrough. Major signing. Most likely to start at two guard.
    • Added Schwethelm from Bremerhaven. Solid role player, great three point threat but still work to do on the defensive end

Quakenbrück
    • Under contract: Hess, Fenn
    • Re-signed Peavy and Strasser
    • Question mark: Rice's return. Should have plenty of offers after good season.

Oldenburg
    • Under contract: Paulding, Smeulders
    • Replaced Baynes with Chubb for most likely a ton of money
    • Added de Mello from Frankfurt, really solid German role-player
    • Lou Campbell is in question after a terrible season. Judging by their latest press release: not continuing despite originally signing a 2-year-deal
    • Added young Razis.
    • McNaughton left for Bremerhaven

Frankfurt

• Under contract: Wood, Nolte, Franke
    • Re-signed McKinney, lost coach Herbert (ALBA), de Mello (Oldenburg), Powell and Roller (both retired)

Ludwigsburg re-signed Zavackas. This is top news which I am putting at the bottom of the page for the sole reason that otherwise you guys would just swallow the Zavackas info and leave without reading the rest of the post.

Significant news from other places (not claiming to be complete): Bonn added Veikalas (excellent signing), Jordan, Hain and Buljan, re-signed Ensminger; Braunschweig added Melzer; Würzburg signed Göttingen's John Patrick. Ulm and Würzburg expected to make some noise this year with increased budgets.
    Last edited by robbe; 06-29-2011 at 10:49 AM.

'nabend leute.

L'equipe is reporting
    an interest for antoine diot from alba berlin, and italian and spanish teams.

Any news in Germany to back up their rumor ?

Knowing i was thinking about one german team, but not alba (especially with herbert and his american teams), bayern (since most likely bauermann knows diot very well).

Tchuss.

Quote Originally Posted by raph View Post
    'nabend leute.

L'equipe is reporting
    an interest for antoine diot from alba berlin, and italian and spanish teams.

Any news in Germany to back up their rumor ?

Knowing i was thinking about one german team, but not alba (especially with herbert and his american teams), bayern (since most likely bauermann knows diot very well).

Tchuss.
    It is very unlikely, that Berlin will sign him. They allready have two point guards in their roster (Wood and Schaffartzik). Moreover team manager Derimel said, that Taylor Rochestie (also PG) might stay in Berlin. So, they doesn't really need another PG...

Hi, Can you write a few words about John Allen?

He just signed a contract with Anwil Wloclawek (Poland) and I just want to know what he is capable of. Is he the right player (propably the starting SG) for a top team in Poland (well...let's say a semi-final team is a top level team in the country)?
    his strengths? Weaknesses?

Can anyone tell me if Skyliners are looking for a new coach??

Quote Originally Posted by Lion View Post
    Can anyone tell me if Skyliners are looking for a new coach??
    Yep. Gordon Herbert have signed a contract with Alba Berlin, so they have to find a new coach... Any rumors?

Quote Originally Posted by Janus View Post
    Yep. Gordon Herbert have signed a contract with Alba Berlin, so they have to find a new coach... Any rumors?
    Giorgos Kalafatakis seems to be a candidate...

http://www.catch-and-shoot.com/giorg...fort-5074.html

Quote Originally Posted by brss View Post

He just signed a contract with Anwil Wloclawek (Poland) and I just want to know what he is capable of. Is he the right player (propably the starting SG) for a top team in Poland (well...let's say a semi-final team is a top level team in the country)?
    First thing: I don't think he's a SG, but rather a undersized SF preferring to finish close to the rim.

At NY Phantoms Braunschweig Allen was quite a favourite of the fans, despite his mediocre shooting from behind the arc (<30%). Here in Germany Allen had one good season in 2007/08. Last year he came as a mid season signing for Bremerhaven. From what we saw he is a decent 20 minutes player with a borderline playoff team in Germany who delivers more than points but is not the most constant scorer. I don't know how the polish league compares to Germany...

Here's the stats. Obviously his playoff performance falls behind his numbers in regular season.
    Blogging about German and European basketball (in German): gruebelei.de

Thank you Gruebler very much

Fraport Skyliners have signed Muli Katzurin as their new head coach. So, Katzurin went from Berlin to Frankfurt, while Herbert went from Frankfurt to Berlin. Will Muli bring along his PG, Taylor Rochestie, as Herbert did with Dashaun Wood?
    burnstein

Quote Originally Posted by brss View Post

Well, here in Bremerhaven we won't miss him. Expectations were higher and his play too inconsistent throughout last season. He didn't make the starting five and obviously wasn't satisfied with his deserved role behind german international Schwethelm at SF. Overall, there was just too little coming from him, so he wasn't in consideration for a contract extension. Maybe he will show more in Poland. Personally I'm happy he's not returning to Bremerhaven.

John Bynum (TBB Trier) We Have To Understand That Phoenix Hagen Will Have Runs During The Game Because Of Their Explosiveness - Nov 4, 2011 (by Miles Schmidt-Scheuber)

John Bynum (191-G-78, agency: Scorers 1st Sportmanagement , college: Metro St.) is a 33 year old 191 cm guard from Visalia California that will commence his second season with TBB Trier. He is a good fighter, fast and good in offensive playing. He is great athlete who shoot the ball with consistency from 3 and finish with authority on the break. He is a tremendous defender on the ball. He played college basketball at College of the Sequoias Junior College:from 1996-1998 and then transferred to Metropolitan St. (NCAA2): and played there from 1998-2000. He started his professional basketball career in 2001 in the Uk for the Solent Stars (United Kingdom-NBLConf): 31 points, 8 rebounds and 7 assist. In 2002-2003, came his first tour of duty in Germany for BSG Grevenbroich (Germany-Regionalliga): 24.7ppg, 9.2rpg, 6.7apg, 3.5spg. In 2003-2004, he played for the Ulriken Eagles (Norway-BNLO): Regular Season: 14 games: 20,1ppg, 8,1rpg, 2,5apg, 2,9spg, 0,4bpg.In 2004-2005, he was back in Germany playing for BSG Grevenbroich (Germany-2. can Bundesliga): 30 games: Score-5 (26.0ppg), 7.7rpg, Ast-4 (5.4apg), 1.7spg, 2FGP: 55.5%, 3FGP: 33.3%, FT: 63.6%. In 2005-2006, he played for InterCollege Etha Engomis (Cyprus-A1): only pre-season, then joined COOCOON Baskets Weiden (Germany-2.Bundesliga, starting five): 8 games: 15.6ppg, 5.9rpg, 2.0apg, 1.6spg, 2FGP: 51%, left in Jan.'06 and later that month signed at Eisbaeren Bremerhaven (Germany-1.Bundesliga): 21 games: 7.8ppg, 2.6rpg, 1.8apg, 2FGP: 56.5%. In 2006-2007, he played for the Eisbaeren Bremerhaven (Germany-1.Bundesliga): 31 games: 5.7ppg, 2.0rpg, 2.2apg, 2FGP: 43.1%, 3FGP: 25.0%, FT: 55.9%. In 2007-2008, he played for USC Heidelberg (Germany-ProA, starting five): 14 games: 14.4ppg, 4.4rpg, Assists-5 (4.6apg), 2.3spg, 2FGP: 54%, 3FGP: 27.3%, FT: 58.5%, left in Jan.'08 due to shoulder injury, in Feb.'08 moved to Digibu Baskets Paderborn (Germany-1.Bundesliga, starting five): 13 games: 6.3ppg, 3.0rpg, 2.4apg, 2FGP: 51.8%, 3PT: 14.3%, FT: 70.0%. In 2009-2010, he played in the PRO A for Proveo Merlins Crailsheim (Germany-ProA, starting five): 27 games: 16.9ppg, 7.1rpg, Assists-3 (5.4apg), 1.1spg, FGP: 51.8%, 3PT: 25.0%, FT: 62.8%. Last season with TBB Trier, he played 35 games: 6.9ppg, 3.7rpg, 1.5apg, FGP: 47.9%, 3PT: 24.0%, FT: 64.3%. He sat down with Eurobasket before the game against Phoenix Hagen November 5th.

After the strong home win against BBC Bayreuth, what has been the main focus in practice this week. TBB Trier is known for priding their defense, but what other things have been important this week?

For us the main focus on how we can get better but obviously when we look at Hagen we have to look at their transition game and how to slow them down and pick our spots to attack and control the boards is a key thing for this game as well.

TBB Trier is 1-2 on the road this season. You did win in Goettingen where the fans are always loud. Does that last road win give the team added confidence for the game in Hagen?

Any win on the road gives you confidence and I think it shows that we are capable of winning in a loud environment. This is a game that we are capable of winning and we like our chances.

What is your impression of Phoenix Hagen this season? They beat Alba Berlin again the second time in a row at home?

Hagen is a dangerous team for sure and can play with anyone in the BBL with their style especially if their shots are falling. They have had three different players who can score over 30 so we can't just focus on one for sure.

What is your memory of playing in Hagen last season in their old/new arena?

My memory of last season was winning on their court but it is a new season and last year doesn't matter anymore.

Phoenix Hagen showed last season that they can put up pointson the board and this season have showed it also. is this a game that will be won under the boards or limiting the wing players and their open looks?

Yes for sure their offensive abilities are spoken for themselves but we just have to understand that they will have runs during the game because of their explosiveness but we have to stay together and just understand that basketball is a game of runs and just play our game and stay focused.

Jason Crowe has been around the block and is very experienced. How much are you looking forward to getting in his passing lanes and closing him down?

I'm really just looking forward to playing. I'm sure at one point I will be guarding him but our focus is to shut down there strengths and slow them down anyway we can.

Kobe Bryant has said that he wants to be the Will Smith of the NBA. Who would be his Jada Pinket as a player? lol

Not really sure what he meant by that but if he was will smith I'm sure there are a couple of his teammates that would fall under that Jada Pinkett category.

What was your whole take on the 72 day wedding of Kim Kardashian and NBA player Kris Humphries?

Honestly I don't know what to say but I would get married to Kim for 72 days and let me put it this way I would be a rich man after the divorce and I don't think I would be playing basketball anymore and I think I would have a son on the way too...lol.

Source:www.eurobasket.com
    Follow my blogs and tweets. http://dxjayrocksnotes.blogspot.com/ and https://twitter.com/dxjayrock

Road To Rio 2016.

Kwentong Gilas ~ Gilas Serye. LMAO!!!

Saw the second half (and an OT) of the Artland Dragons - Bayern Muenchen game and I'm pretty excited of what I've seen. Very interesting game full of tension and its fair share of dramatic moments. Also I'm happy that Artland prevailed in Quakenbrueck as they surprisingly were playing more team-oriented basketball in offense though their defense was pretty poor. Home team was mostly leading but in the end lose all its advantage and was even losing but only by 2-3 points. It seemed that Bayern will not miss the opportunity to win but miraculously Dragons equalize the score level at the very end of the fourth quarter. Also Bayern have led in score for the most of the overtime duration and even as high as 6 points, so it also seemed that they finally will grab the hard win but there was a player who had the contrary opinion - shorty playmaker David Holston who played huge in the closing minutes of overtime shooting three deadly threes in a minute and a half. Among them - a shot for the tie and the winning one from something like 7-7,5 meters 2 seconds before the final whistle. Holston, who is some kind of my favourite since his Turkish days, was a real game hero who stole that title in the last minutes from another player who put up a huge performance - Je'Kel Foster who scored 31 points, shooting 5 of 6 from beyond the arc and playing like a real leader should play. Also for Bayern Noah-alike looking Chevon Troutman was great especially in the second half. He scored 21 points combined with 12 rebounds and was almost unstoppable in the paint plus he grabbed offensive rebounds like a maniac. It was surprise for me that Johannes Strasser was benched for the whole 4th quarter and overtime as he was one of the best (and most useful) players of his team while on the floor. All in all, a great game which was so fun to watch.
    I think that I will definitely pay more attention to Bundesleague since now. I understand that the games like this one are rarity in every tournament but the level of basketball displayed wasn't that far behind top European competitions like ACB, Lega A and PBL. Awaiting tomorrow's game between two leading teams - Bonn and Bamberg

Default The Curious Case of Ben Hansbrough

Quote Originally Posted by German Hoops View Post
    When are you guys finally learning to write stories not books? You are already messing up the Eurobasket Germany Page - please dont spam it over here as well! Thanks.

I from Wisconsin!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ca6O8FR0rbQ

TO SYNTHESIZER WE ARE A BIG TEAM

Brose Baskets Bamberg claimed the German Cup yesterday after beating Baskets Bonn 73-82.
    Die Liebe wird eine Krankheit, wenn man sie als eine Heilung sieht
    Artificial Nature

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast