thessaloniki accommodation recommendation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• thessaloniki accommodation recommendation

I'm planning a greece trip from north to south next week and I need some tips from local Ellines

I'm going to stay in thessaloniki for a night and I need a decent hostel. I don't want to pay more than 30 euros so I'm all open to any suggestions. Tip of the best districts to stay would also be helpful.

Thanks
    FENERBAHÇE 10/11 in Turkish League

Football...........................CHAMPIONS
    Men's Basketball...............CHAMPIONS
    Women's Baskeball...........CHAMPIONS
    Men's Volleyball................CHAMPIONS
    Women's Volleyball...........CHAMPIONS

try finding sth in downtown if possible.So you can be near the wonderful sights and take a stroll in the port smelling the lovely odours of toxical waste and dead fishes from thermaikos sea(joking..not really..).Western part of the city has a bit of a bad reputation but it's not as if it's any kind of ghetto.Can't help you about hostels,sorry,been living some years here but never had to search for one.I'm sure google could be more useful.
    Last edited by Jon_Koncak; 06-27-2011, 03:00 PM.

Comment

I haven't stayed in hostels in Saloniki (I think visited there during a trip on a ship when I was a child) but generally speaking, I think the funnest places to stay are not hotels but hostels. If you travel with friends you can also order rooms in hostels, and not to be with other people in the same room.

Unlike hotels, to which you return and your day ends, hostels have activities, and people you meet from different countries.
      People who work in hostels would also help you with advices and answers to your questions about places you can go.
      Of course it's also much cheaper that hotels.

You can find some worldwide sites in which you can search hostels and see rankings of the previous visitors and read their comments. Those rankings usually very helpful, much more that knowledge of the locals.
      Last edited by ip84; 06-28-2011, 09:26 AM.
      My Youtube channel

Comment

Working...
      X

Debug Information