2/10 UNICS Kazan - BC Astana 77-63
    9/10 BC Astana - Zalgiris 86-78
    16/10 BC Astana - VEF 73-83

National league:
    5/10 BC Astana - Atyrau 116-47
    6/10 BC Astana - Atyrau 129-39
    19/10 BC Tobol - BC Astana 87-100
    20/10 BC Tobol - BC Astana 73-108
    Last edited by Walken; 10-25-2011, 05:27 AM.

I didnt know that Astana was European team. So i was shocked when our player JJ went there.
    twitter/ksecer
    twitter/GSbasket

Comment

Originally posted by GSBasket View Post
      I didnt know that Astana was European team. So i was shocked when our player JJ went there.
      topic created in this section, because the team will play in VTB this season. and formally some part of Kazakhstan is considered to be the part of Eastern Europe

Comment

Great news for me. I'll support and follow them next year. Thanks.
        twitter/ksecer
        twitter/GSbasket

Comment

Fadeikin also played in TBL last season (under the name of Selim Saygin, earlier he played for turkish u16-20 nt). but because of disagreements with the coach, he left Tofas during the winter. Interview about his career (on russian) - http://www.sports.kz/news.php?id=000...&st=0000000012
          Last edited by Walken; 06-23-2011, 12:49 PM.

Comment

BC Astana landed PF Anton Ponomarev
            Basketball club Astana signed power forward Anton Ponomarev. Anton played most of his career in Astana, but last season he decided to try to play abroad. Ponomarev played for FMP, Serbia and he finished season 2011/12 in Russian club “Spartak-Primore”.

Anton Ponomarev’s comment:

“Main reason why I am here is the fact that BC Astana is playing in United VTB League and Valeriy Tikhonenko, international basketball legend, is a head of club’s office. I can see my future bright in this organization and right now BC Astana is perfect fit for me”

Comment

Good for him, he'll get some international experience
              Die Liebe wird eine Krankheit, wenn man sie als eine Heilung sieht
              Artificial Nature

Comment

BC Astana bring in Rawle Marshall
                BC Astana continued to shape up roster for the upcoming season. The newly created team announced another loud signing. They have agreed on terms of contract with Rawle Marshall (201-G-82, college: Oakland). The 29-year-old guard spent the last season in Greece. He tallied 15.5 points, 3.3 boards, 1.7 steals and 1.2 assists per game in EuroCup for PAOK. In A1 League Rawle Marshall notched 16.4 points, 3.3 rebounds, 1.6 steals and 1.4 assists per appearance. Eurobasket.com named the guard into Greek A1 League All-Imports Team. Rawle Marshall also participated at 2011 Greek All-Star Game. Previously the player had stints in Spain, France, Croatia, Russia, Serbia, D-League and NBA. The guard was also named into Eurobasket.com All-Serbian League 1st Team in 2008.

Comment

BC Astana lands center Eric Williams
                  BC Astana announced signing of Eric Williams (206-C-84, college: Wake Forest) for the next season. The American big guy heads to Astana from Pepsi Juve Caserta, where he spent 2010/11. For 28 games in Italian league he averaged 12.1 points, 6.5 rebounds and 2.3 steals. Williams also added 11.3 ppg and 3.6 rpg for 13 games in EuroCup. He helped Caserta reach the EuroCup Quarterfinals. Eric Williams played for Scavolini in 2009/10. He shined with 13.9 ppg, 7.9 rpg and 2 spg for 25 SerieA games. In EuroChallenge Williams had 11.9 ppg and 5.7 rpg. He helped Scavolini reach the EuroChallenge Semis. Eurobasket awarded Williams with All-Italian SerieA Honorable Mention -10. In the past, the American center also played for Avelino and Cantu. He is a product of the Wake Forest University.

Comment

Originally posted by Walken View Post

Lance Allred, who was a replacement for Williams in Pesaro, wrote about him in his book, that he faked an injury to stay in the U.S. longer. He returned only to Pesaro when the team wanted to cut him. Also, that he is not really well conditioned.

I from Wisconsin!
                    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ca6O8FR0rbQ

TO SYNTHESIZER WE ARE A BIG TEAM

Comment

some updates:

New faces in BC Astana
                      Basketball club Astana signed two more Kazakh players: small forward Dmitriy Klimov and shooting guard Pavel Ilin, duration of contract is two years.
                      Players signed contract right after the end of training camp on which they had chance to showcase their skills. Both players are former member of Kazakh champion of 2010-11 season team Barsy, Atirau. We hope that both talented players will contribute and show their best in upcoming season.
                      Head coach of BC Astana:
                      “ I am very satisfied with both players. Dmitry is an ideal small forward. Lean and athletic player, who might need add some muscles to his wide frame. I love his desire and attitude. Pavel is a talented young player who need to work hard and gain weight in order to be competitive on such high level, but I am sure that with his work ethic he will do so”
                      Ilin Pavel 194-G/F-92
                      bbl stats 10/11 - http://www.bbl.net/index.php/b19sYW5...FpbiZwPTE0MjU=
                      FIBA Asia U18 2010 - 8 games, 13.9 ppg, 3.8 rb, 39/109 fg (35.8%)
                      Klimov Dmitriy 198-F-88
                      bbl stats 10/11 - http://www.bbl.net/index.php/b19sYW5...FpbiZwPTE0MjI=

also 1st training camp began from august 17 (in Rogla, Slovenia):

2nd training camp will start in the end of september in Italy. there Astana will probably play friendlies against Siena, Scavolini, Besiktas, Fener and Efes
                      link

Comment

BC Astana brings in Goran Cakic
                        BC Astana continues with signings for the next season. The newly formed team from the Kazakhstan capital penned a one-year deal with Goran Cakic (208-C/F-80, agency: Beo Basket). The Serbian big guy heads to Astana from Trabzon, where he finished last season. He had 6.4 ppg and 4 rpg for them in 21 Turkish league games. Cakic started last season with Serbian team Mega Vizura and later moved to Scavolini Pesaro. Season 2009/10, Goran Cakic spent with Banvit. He had 7.2 ppg and 2.8 rpg for them in 12 EuroChallenge games. He also added 5.8 ppg and 3.3 rpg in TBL. Before Banvit, Cakic played for Azovmash, Khimik Yuzhny and Apolon Patras. He also has experience from the Serbian teams Partizan, Radnicki and Beobanka. Goran Cakic was Eurobasket.com All-Ukrainian Superleague Center of the Year -08
                        profile on beobasket - http://www.beobasket.net/page/player...=player&id=207

Comment

Originally posted by Walken View Post
                          Fadeikin also played in TBL last season (under the name of Selim Saygin, earlier he played for turkish u16-20 nt). but because of disagreements with the coach, he left Tofas during the winter. Interview about his career (on russian) - http://www.sports.kz/news.php?id=000...&st=0000000012
                          Thanks for link.It is interesting.It can be read in English by using google translate.

Comment

BC Astana played the first game in their history. team won 62-52 over Trieste Acegas Aps. Marshall was the best scorer (20 points)

Ponomarev (№ 11) scores 12 points on this video

Johnson 7, Fadeikin 7, Birulin, Voeikov 4, Kaetano, Savchenko, Ponomarev 12, Klimov 3, Yargaliev 4, Williams 2, Skornyakov 3, Ilin, Marshall 20
                            Last edited by Walken; 09-27-2011, 10:42 AM.

Comment

7/09 2nd game (in Italy) vs Olin Edirne 59-62
                              Johnson - 15 pts+5 assists, Williams - 12 pts, Ponomarev - 6 pts+11 rbs

(video with only attacking actions from Olin side)
                              Last edited by Walken; 09-13-2011, 07:39 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information