Help with Information re: Teofilo "Teo" Cruz

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello

I saw Teo Cruz play back in the 70's, he was in the PR National Team and play in the Olympics from 1960 - 1976. Only one World Cup in 1974!!!!!!!!!!!

Teo Cruz was our bigger player in the 60's with Bill Mc Cadney, both were 6"8"and play together in the national team from 1962 to 1968 aproximately. After Bill Mc Cadney left the national team, Teo Cruz was the biggest player in the team from 1969-1971. In the Olympcis in 1972, Earl Brown make the team and he was taller with 6-11. Earl Brown was back in the national team again in 1976 at Montreal.

Teo Cruz, was known more for his offense and his good rebounding. Solid player in Latin America. His participation in the olympics in the 60's was solid but in the 70's his game decline a lot at that level, especially in 1976, he was already 34 at the time. His best offensive weapon was the skyhook and also have a very set up shot from upper the free throw line. Was great against centers from Africa, Asia and the rest of Latin American countries but always have problem with centers from the USA and european centers (Kresimir Cosic, Aleksander Belov, Dino Meneghin) because of their height and strenght. Teo is rank as one of the top all time players in Puerto Rico basketball alongside with Jose "Piculin"Ortiz, Carlos Arroyo, Juan "Pachin"Vicens and others.

One more think, he play most of his career in the BSN with the Cangrejeros de Santurce, which he won two championships if Im not mistaken, plus he also play with Mets de Guaynabo and Cardenales de Rio Piedras.

He also did play one year profesionally in Spain.

Comment

Jana, might interest you.

go to deboriken.com and click in the first link that says "Todo de baloncesto boricua", then click when you can read 1964-2003 (are pics) and you are going to see tons of basketball pics, get the older ones, Teo Cruz, are in many of them, he use to wear the number 13 in the uniform. The pics, he is at are in the older ones, when you see many afros on it.

Correction Jana, click were it says "Todo de baloncesto Puerto Rico"

Look for the older pics, in special the ones of the National Team, he use to wear the number 13 in the Puerto Rico national team uniform.
      Last edited by rikhardur; 02-23-2011, 07:43 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by cardenales
        Correction Jana, click were it says "Todo de baloncesto Puerto Rico"

Look for the older pics, in special the ones of the National Team, he use to wear the number 13 in the Puerto Rico national team uniform.
        Hello i'm the sister of Jana
        I just wanted to thank you for the information of Teo cruz!
        Thank you !

Comment

You welcome Cupcake 6

Did you and your sister were able to see the pics?

Comment

Originally posted by pld View Post
            Hi, I hear there are nice people here so maybe someone can help me.?
            If been already on this forum for almost one year ago because I was looking for the family of a friend of me. who is also the son of teó cruz. and I found them. He also went to visit them in Puerto Rico. So thanks for all the people who helped me.
            Now I am searching for something else. Exctually I am searching for a jersey from Teo cruz. but I think that's almost impossible and probably to expensive. so if I can find a jersey from the national puertorican team or from santurce I will be very happy. for me it's very difficult to find because I live in belgium but maybe some of you guys now a place or site where I can find it or order it ????
            thanks a lot already

and tievon 2004: are you the daughter of stephen?
            you've been great. now my friend finally found his family.
            [English or provide translation]
            Last edited by rikhardur; 02-23-2011, 07:50 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by cardenales View Post
              Jana, might interest you.

go to deboriken.com and click in the first link that says "Todo de baloncesto boricua", then click when you can read 1964-2003 (are pics) and you are going to see tons of basketball pics, get the older ones, Teo Cruz, are in many of them, he use to wear the number 13 in the uniform. The pics, he is at are in the older ones, when you see many afros on it.
              hi cardenales
              go to my profile and view my album of daddy Junior Martin
              that is his sun ((was) he comit suicide)...

Comment

You welcome Cupcake 6

Did you and your sister were able to see the pics?
                Yes we did! There realy good and it's realy strange for us to see Teo cruz like this because we never got the chance to meet him. It's great that we have these pics!

Comment

Im sorry for your fathers death.

Your father could have the chance to played in Puerto Rico as a native because of being Teo Cruz son.

Sorry for my ignorance, but

How big is basketball in Belgium?

Howl long did your father played in Belgium?

Comment

Im sorry for your fathers death.

Your father could have the chance to played in Puerto Rico as a native because of being Teo Cruz son.

Sorry for my ignorance, but

How big is basketball in Belgium?

Howl long did your father played in Belgium?
                    Basketball is not that big as it is in the US but it was very important for our father. He started to play when he was five years old till now ( 39 years old).
                    It was his passion and a part of his life.

Comment

Originally posted by janamartin View Post
                      [English or provide translation]
                      Hi Jana or "cupcake 6", this is Aunt Sue! Please get in touch with me quick...

Comment

FYI regarding Teo Cruz

To all whom it may concern, Teo Cruz was 6'8 and weighed 245lbs. at his best... I should know, I am his daughter , so if you have anything to say or ask, please feel free to post comments/remarks.

Comment

Working...
                        X

Debug Information