Help with Information re: Teofilo "Teo" Cruz

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with Information re: Teofilo "Teo" Cruz

I think I did a topic about Teo Cruz, I dont remember if it was after or before the IBN disaster... I can help with that next weekend (send a PM reminding me about it)
    sigpic

Actually...

Originally posted by -K2-
    I think I did a topic about Teo Cruz, I dont remember if it was after or before the IBN disaster... I can help with that next weekend (send a PM reminding me about it)
    I don't know if you saw this but after the blackout... I got into a profile-creating frenzy for about 2 straight months and in that time, I added about 30-40+ profiles but didn't mention it.... the profiles created included the Teo Cruz profile

Again this was about 3 months ago and I have to say, finding information about Teo Cruz was really difficult; even normally easy information like Teo's height, weight, date of birth are really difficult to find ... not to mention trying to find some articles and summaries of his playing days. Please do send some more info about Teofilo (and if you guys have any more information about any other players, I would love to have it), and if you have a picture of him; that would be great.

Stuart
    Last edited by stuart; 09-14-2006, 04:18 PM.
    http://www.facebook.com/interbasket
    http://www.twitter.com/interbasket
    http://www.interbasket.net

Comment

Teo Cruz

I tought I had a better picture, I will search later again
      sigpic

Comment

Help with Information re: Teofilo "Teo" Cruz

I was recently contacted by Teo Cruz's granddaughter searching for information and images of her father. She has registered for the site and have encouraged her to post her requests on the forum. I figure I would get the thread going... I hope that the Puerto Rican members here (or anyone else) can give the information she is searching for.

Stuart

Comment

im searching, all I have found was a list of awards where he was named as an MVP of the puertorrican league and a defensive player of the year award winner.

the problem to get info on teo cruz...

teo cruz was a basketball player, played center for and in Puerto Rico
          one of the greatest basketball stars we have had in our history
          considered a top 3 player in our basketball history alongside with Piculin Ortiz and Raymond Dalmau
          played in 5 olympics

there was a dominican boxer named teo cruz, who died on a plane crash in Puerto Rico. I think he was boxing champion, currently, there is a dominican arena to his name

cruz is a very common surname

teo can be confused by search engines with tego, a hip-hop and reggaeton artist from Puerto Rico, which is pretty much in the prime of his career.

teo cruz, the basketball players died like 1 or 2 years ago.
          I posted a pic on the suggestion forum

I am supposed to be studying
          sigpic

Comment

Teo cruz is my grandfather and although he has passed there are many things i still long to know of him and maybe through this website it will help me.I understand you also need help in finding information on him and i will do all i can to help you also. Incase you didnt know he stood 6'8 at 220 pounds.Had three children (2 boys and 1 girl) and the list continues.If interested just write me and let me know.

yes teo cruz did pass away a year ago around this time and i feel that is why i have suddenly become very sad and why thoughts of him are racing through my head.I dont know much about his basketball career but i have a sudden urge to "find him" although he's no longer here. I know its strange but i just wnat to know something,anything as to why im searching for him and i suppose when i find it, I can stop.Until then.......
            Last edited by stuart; 09-14-2006, 04:19 PM.

Comment

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by tievon2004
                Incase you didnt know he stood 6'8 at 220 pounds.Had three children (2 boys and 1 girl) and the list continues.If interested just write me and let me know.
                Thanks for that information Tievon. As soon as I get home today, I will update his profile with his height and weight. That way, anyone looking for his information in the future can find it. If you have any great basketball stories about your grandfather, Interbasket would love to hear them.

Stuart

Comment

Hi, I hear there are nice people here so maybe someone can help me.?
                  If been already on this forum for almost one year ago because I was looking for the family of a friend of me. who is also the son of teó cruz. and I found them. He also went to visit them in Puerto Rico. So thanks for all the people who helped me.
                  Now I am searching for something else. Exctually I am searching for a jersey from Teo cruz. but I think that's almost impossible and probably to expensive. so if I can find a jersey from the national puertorican team or from santurce I will be very happy. for me it's very difficult to find because I live in belgium but maybe some of you guys now a place or site where I can find it or order it ????
                  thanks a lot already

and tievon 2004: are you the daughter of stephen?
                  you've been great. now my friend finally found his family.

Comment

Originally posted by pld
                    Hi, I hear there are nice people here so maybe someone can help me.?
                    If been already on this forum for almost one year ago because I was looking for the family of a friend of me. who is also the son of teó cruz. and I found them. He also went to visit them in Puerto Rico. So thanks for all the people who helped me.
                    Now I am searching for something else. Exctually I am searching for a jersey from Teo cruz. but I think that's almost impossible and probably to expensive. so if I can find a jersey from the national puertorican team or from santurce I will be very happy. for me it's very difficult to find because I live in belgium but maybe some of you guys now a place or site where I can find it or order it ????
                    thanks a lot already

and tievon 2004: are you the daughter of stephen?
                    you've been great. now my friend finally found his family.
                    your petition is close to impossible, sorry
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by -K2-
                      your petition is close to impossible, sorry
                      what do you say. there are no shops or other places in puerto rico that sells jerseys nowadays?It don't have to be one from the 60's or the 70's. just jerseys from the team now.

anyway thanks

Comment

Hi,

I "knew" Teo Cruz. Great free throw shooter. We used to do free throw competition and he beat us all badly. He coached me in Arecibo with Bill Mcadney in the novice tournament. It's a shame that the BSNPR did not recognized Him as he deserved when he was alive.

BTW I collect basketball games on video and I am looking for games of BSN or national team from that era (70'). This is my trading website http://candelaria.50megs.com
                        Last edited by rikhardur; 08-31-2007, 12:30 AM. Reason: Little time between consecutive posts

Comment

Teo Cruz " Teofilo Cruz Stevenson "

Originally posted by tievon2004
                          Teo cruz is my grandfather and although he has passed there are many things i still long to know of him and maybe through this website it will help me.I understand you also need help in finding information on him and i will do all i can to help you also. Incase you didnt know he stood 6'8 at 220 pounds.Had three children (2 boys and 1 girl) and the list continues.If interested just write me and let me know.

yes teo cruz did pass away a year ago around this time and i feel that is why i have suddenly become very sad and why thoughts of him are racing through my head.I dont know much about his basketball career but i have a sudden urge to "find him" although he's no longer here. I know its strange but i just wnat to know something,anything as to why im searching for him and i suppose when i find it, I can stop.Until then.......
                          Teo Cruz or " Teofilo Cruz Stevenson " ... I had the oportunity to watch him play in P.R. and the N.T. He was by far back then the only tall puertorrican player able to play the center position. He was around 6-8/6-9 but he was all P.R. had to deal with the USA, Russia and Yugoslavia teams with their 7-0+ footers. So he became very good at it. Because of this he is one of P.R.s hall of famers. Having to deal with a lot of agresive and dirty plays under the basket since there was no one else in P.R. able to help him enough save for Charlie Bermudez at 6-6 he was great too despite being too short for International basket. As time went on P.R. finally got someone near the 7-0 feet in the person of Earl Brown 6-11 but i'm not shure if he ever played alongside Teo Cruz ... i think T. Cruz wasn't in the N.T anymore by then. Anyway i think Teo Cruz was in the P.R.-N.T. that reached 4th place in a World championship. ... sorry; i was about 6-10 years old back then so i'll need to gather more data be-4 i can go more specific on all this ... but i'm shure to be very proud to ever watch him play! ... thank's a lot Teo!

Comment

Originally posted by tievon2004 View Post

Hello,
                            I live in belgium and there's a small chance that we are related because the father of my father is Teofilo Cruz and lives in Puerto Rico. My father never got the chance to met his father.My father never knew his father was a basketball hero, but since he was 5 years old he started to play basketball and he's 40 years old now.My father went to Puerto Rico a few years ago and he has met his sister Susan and his brothers. He is also going to visit his father's grave and monument where he Teofilo Cruz is pictured on. Excuse me but i don't write english very wel
                            Is it true that youre family of Suzan?

Comment

my grandfather

Originally posted by tievon2004 View Post

hey tievon
                              i think we are really family your grandfather had one son junior martin here in belgium its sad because he never had a chance to met his dad
                              now my father(junior) is died to hecommitted suicide
                              2 years ago, he has his sister Aunt Sue and looked Teofilo but one year was already dead
                              I've got a site ad of junior martin how you see who is (I'm his daughter)
                              let the pictures to your family or Aunt Sue see and write me, send back as fast
                              are not you Tony?

jana

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information