Page 1 of 21 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 410

Thread: NLB Adriatic League 2011/2012

  1. #1
    Senior Member pohani komarac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    5,331
    Country: Croatia

    Default NLB Adriatic League 2011/2012

    now most teams are know. bigest change is of corse maccabi will join league...but also lot "big names" won't be here. Crvena Zvezda, Zadar, Split, Bosna

    Slovenia: Krka, Union Olimpija, Helios and Zlatorog

    Serbia: Partizan, Hemofarm, Radnički (with free WC) and FMP (with paid WC)...tough there are some rumours Čović owner of FMP will enter in Zvezda

    Croatia: Zagreb, Cedevita and Cibona (with paid WC)...quality basketball only in Zagreb in Croatia

    BiH: Široki

    Montenegro: Budućnost

    Israel: Maccabi (good old balcan team)

    this should be teams for next season. tough, mornar from motenegro, igokea from bih and feni from maccedonia are hoping to get in infront of one croatian or serbian club, or hopping league will icrese number of club to 16

    hope for good season...it will be itresting to see what our clubs can do against 3-5 time more expensive maccabi
    Jordi Bertomeu sucks!

  2. #2
    Senior Member Roy M's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Holon
    Posts
    5,887

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pohani komarac View Post
    now most teams are know. bigest change is of corse maccabi will join league...but also lot "big names" won't be here. Crvena Zvezda, Zadar, Split, Bosna

    Slovenia: Krka, Union Olimpija, Helios and Zlatorog

    Serbia: Partizan, Hemofarm, Radnički (with free WC) and FMP (with paid WC)...tough there are some rumours Čović owner of FMP will enter in Zvezda

    Croatia: Zagreb, Cedevita and Cibona (with paid WC)...quality basketball only in Zagreb in Croatia

    BiH: Široki

    Montenegro: Budućnost

    Israel: Maccabi (good old balcan team)

    this should be teams for next season. tough, mornar from motenegro, igokea from bih and feni from maccedonia are hoping to get in infront of one croatian or serbian club, or hopping league will icrese number of club to 16

    hope for good season...it will be itresting to see what our clubs can do against 3-5 time more expensive maccabi
    I can count Ljublijana, Krka, all the 3 Croatia teams and Budu as good and competitive teams.
    2019/2020:
    PG: Jones, D-BA, Alber
    SG: Wilbekin,Dorsey, Bryant
    SF:Blayzer, S. Cohen, Zoosman
    PF: Acy, Coloiaro, Casspi
    PF: Zizic, Hunter, Amare

  3. #3
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Ljubljana
    Posts
    12,804
    Country: Slovenia

    Default

    I am afraid Helios and Laško won't go in some spending spree with their Adriatic league participation. They'll try to establish some talented/semi talented youngsters I assume, with a simmilar or just slightly bigger budget than this season.
    Unless some X factors go their way, that's the range of 10th-14th place in AL next season. Too bad, as Krka and Olimpija won't be able to maintain a good win/loss ratio by themselves.

    Krka will have a competitive team, as well as Dragič and Murič should blossom sooner or later.

    I'll damn sure miss Zadar here... they're one of my all time favourites and I only wish they'd recuperate and return fast to AL.

    Maccabi of course is the favourite, but they'll have a tougher job than most people imagine.

    Zadar, Bosna, Split, Crvena Zvezda... first time that as many giants will be missing from the league as this time. The league isn't the same without them...
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon_Koncak View Post
    That's funny shit.I cant believe there are sports fans thinking like it.It's like Federer losing to random Japanese player in round 1 of French Open but tournament director stepping in and saying "hey it was a fluke win who wants to watch a random Japanese guy in next round,Federer qualifies"

  4. #4
    EL Week 3 MVP Billy Bounce's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Israel
    Posts
    3,218
    Country: Israel

    Default

    Are there any league restrictions ( general number of players allowed to be registered for a game, any restrictions on Europeans/American/aliens from outer space ) ?

    Kinda ironic that Maccabi bitched and moaned about playing in final fours in BSL instead of series, but doesn't seem to care about playing final fours in EL & Adriatic

  5. #5
    Senior Member pohani komarac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    5,331
    Country: Croatia

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Billy Bounce View Post
    Are there any league restrictions ( general number of players allowed to be registered for a game, any restrictions on Europeans/American/aliens from outer space ) ?

    Kinda ironic that Maccabi bitched and moaned about playing in final fours in BSL instead of series, but doesn't seem to care about playing final fours in EL & Adriatic
    don't know how much players can one team have, but you can have americans as much as you wannt

    it's not domestic legue and it is under uleb
    Jordi Bertomeu sucks!

  6. #6
    Senior Member Czarkazem13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Fort Lauderdale
    Posts
    1,907

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pohani komarac View Post
    Israel: Maccabi (good old balcan team)
    Kinda' like Maccabi being a "good old European team" in the EL...

  7. #7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Billy Bounce View Post
    Kinda ironic that Maccabi bitched and moaned about playing in final fours in BSL instead of series, but doesn't seem to care about playing final fours in EL & Adriatic
    Well it was announced today that Israel gets to be the F4 host
    Now you have the answer why they didn't bitch or moan

    Source: http://bit.ly/m5AXtx

    Single team winning it five years in a row can't be good for business, they needed to do something about that, hell yea! Maybe next year they could try to bring in Miami?
    ...i kada odete, mi cemo ostati...

  8. #8
    Senior Member NidzaPBC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    589

    Default

    If Partizan win NLB again, PAO and OLY will join next year and final 4 will be in Athens lol

  9. #9
    Senior Member Cibos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Zagreb
    Posts
    273

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NidzaPBC View Post
    If Partizan win NLB again, PAO and OLY will join next year and final 4 will be in Athens lol
    Get over yourself. Not everyone is after you.

    Grobari and conspiracy theories

  10. #10
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Ljubljana
    Posts
    12,804
    Country: Slovenia

    Default

    Maccabi is in because of the money, not because of Partizan

    AL needs a big sponsor and increasing revenue from TV rights to get from 3 million € somewhere to 5 million +, to start producing money for the top clubs as far as ticket revenues goes, as well as rewards (200.000 € was given to top4 teams in 2008 as far as I remember, but that's barely enough for one rotation players salary...)

    For that to happen AL needs competitive Zadar and Zvezda and basketball returning back to Zagreb, Cibona wasn't exactly followed as much as one would expect there + a club from Macedonia

    When Partizan, Zvezda, Olimpija, Zagreb/Cibona/Cedevita, Zadar will have decent competitive teams, with the likes of Hemofarm, Bodučnost, Krka, Široki not having the same attendance but being able to compete from now and than the league would become profitable and there would be no need for extra foreign teams.

    Attendance rose from 1179.62 in 2007/2008, to 2069,99 in 2008/2009, can't find the stats for 2009-2011, but my guess would be that attendance rose over 3000 this season. New sponsor (NLB is retreating) should apreciate that. And if the trend continues, ex-Yu basketball and it's top teams, would finaly get the place they deserve.

    With Maccabi included in the league, that'll surely boost the revenue (for all parties included) and that's why they're in.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon_Koncak View Post
    That's funny shit.I cant believe there are sports fans thinking like it.It's like Federer losing to random Japanese player in round 1 of French Open but tournament director stepping in and saying "hey it was a fluke win who wants to watch a random Japanese guy in next round,Federer qualifies"

  11. #11
    Senior Member Cibos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Zagreb
    Posts
    273

    Default

    Any news on new main sponsor of the league?

  12. #12
    EL Week 3 MVP Billy Bounce's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Israel
    Posts
    3,218
    Country: Israel

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kemikal View Post
    Well it was announced today that Israel gets to be the F4 host
    Now you have the answer why they didn't bitch or moan

    Source: http://bit.ly/m5AXtx

    Single team winning it five years in a row can't be good for business, they needed to do something about that, hell yea! Maybe next year they could try to bring in Miami?
    The problem that IIRC there are only 3 arenas capable of hosting F4 : Belgrade, Zagreb , Ljubljana.

    All those 3 hosted the event three consequent times : Belgrad(2009), Zagreb(2010), Ljubljana(2011).

    Don't you guys get tired of the the same rotation each freaking year ? Let's try something new like hosting Adriatic F4 in Tel Aviv.

  13. #13
    Senior Member Cibos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Zagreb
    Posts
    273

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Billy Bounce View Post
    The problem that IIRC there are only 3 arenas capable of hosting F4 : Belgrade, Zagreb , Ljubljana.

    All those 3 hosted the event three consequent times : Belgrad(2009), Zagreb(2010), Ljubljana(2011).

    Don't you guys get tired of the the same rotation each freaking year ? Let's try something new like hosting Adriatic F4 in Tel Aviv.

    Zadar has great new Arena as well.. but they never qualify for F4.. now they even managed to get relegated



    Hopefully they'll bounce back..

    Maybe league should try hosting the tournament in neutral cities as well.. Split has great new high capacity arena.. some other cities as well... i'm sure it would be sell out as well there.

    When it comes to Arenas only problematic ones are Cedevita's "Sutinska Vrela" and Krka's "Leon Štukelj". They're not bad.. they're just.. small. Minimum capacity for this season will be 3000..

  14. #14
    Senior Member pohani komarac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    5,331
    Country: Croatia

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Billy Bounce View Post
    The problem that IIRC there are only 3 arenas capable of hosting F4 : Belgrade, Zagreb , Ljubljana.

    All those 3 hosted the event three consequent times : Belgrad(2009), Zagreb(2010), Ljubljana(2011).

    Don't you guys get tired of the the same rotation each freaking year ? Let's try something new like hosting Adriatic F4 in Tel Aviv.
    Not realy

    Spaladium arena Split, for basketball it could acept 13000 fans

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0KakZ...eature=related

    Krešo Ćosić arena Zadar, 10000 for basketball

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1c_r4...eature=related

    problem is Croatia is to centralized so evrything goes to Zagreb so Split and Zadar are not in league, even tough Split, Zadar along with Sibenik, Dubrovnik, Rijeka and Mostar in Bosnia and Herzegovina and small places around them are where 95% of Croatian basketball players are from
    Jordi Bertomeu sucks!

  15. #15
    Senior Member Cibos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Zagreb
    Posts
    273

    Default

    Ye.. ye.. it was Zagreb's fault that Zadar was paying millions to players who didn't play single minute because Aco got in fight with them..

    It was Zagreb's fault that Dino Rađa is incompetent to lead u12 girls team, let alone professional squad. Its always Zagreb's fault.. never theirs.

  16. #16
    Senior Member pohani komarac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    5,331
    Country: Croatia

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cibos View Post
    Ye.. ye.. it was Zagreb's fault that Zadar was paying millions to players who didn't play single minute because Aco got in fight with them..

    It was Zagreb's fault that Dino Rađa is incompetent to lead u12 girls team, let alone professional squad. Its always Zagreb's fault.. never theirs.
    man grove up....i live 100km from zagreb and i get 2less paid for same job i would get in zagreb

    croatia industry is in terible shape, most mone croatia gets is from tourisam wich 90% is related to summer guests in dalmatia...you know dubrovnik, split, zadar, rijeka, hvar and so on.......but somehow all that money and investments ends in zagreb....

    2nd bigest money resurse comes from farmers in slavonija...but again investments ends in zagreb who only builds banks, stores and apartments....so many people left othere areas because they only can find jub in zagreb.....so sport is product of that centralization.......same way split and zadar spent money and lead clubs are done in kk cibona and kk zagreb....but jet they always find 3-4 times more money than clubs in other areas........you know croatia osiguranje, main sponsor of kk zagreb has debut of 4mill kn to kk split, 3 time europian champion, wille they are throwing money in kk zagreb.....it's to har to matain sucsesfull with such unfair treatment
    Jordi Bertomeu sucks!

  17. #17
    Senior Member Cibos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Zagreb
    Posts
    273

    Default

    Bunch of nonsense.. blaming others for your problems. Both Split and Zadar did it to themself. Also, last time i checked this wasn't politics forum. I don't give a damn about tourism, politics or economy, especially not if its bunch of nonsense. I believe others think so too.

    I'm not from Zagreb either btw... i just live there temporarily.. and you are talking nonsense.

  18. #18
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Ljubljana
    Posts
    12,804
    Country: Slovenia

    Default

    It is a bit off topic... but why for example Tedeschi (at least I think that' the guy) isn't investing in KK Split. If I had the money that'd be my first choice by far.
    12.500 capacity arena, Split's metropolitan area almost reaches half a million of population, enormous talent pool and loads of fans that would return as soon as their club would get back on track.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon_Koncak View Post
    That's funny shit.I cant believe there are sports fans thinking like it.It's like Federer losing to random Japanese player in round 1 of French Open but tournament director stepping in and saying "hey it was a fluke win who wants to watch a random Japanese guy in next round,Federer qualifies"

  19. #19
    Senior Member pohani komarac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    5,331
    Country: Croatia

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cibos View Post
    Bunch of nonsense.. blaming others for your problems. Both Split and Zadar did it to themself. Also, last time i checked this wasn't politics forum. I don't give a damn about tourism, politics or economy, especially not if its bunch of nonsense. I believe others think so too.

    I'm not from Zagreb either btw... i just live there temporarily.. and you are talking nonsense.
    politics and economy are conected with sport.....the fact team in split can't get same amount of money that team from zagreb is directley conected with economical situacion in croatia...the fact there are only few rich peaople in croatia like tedeschi who can sponsor sport club makes most clubs dependable on political and state money and influace....since political cetar is in zagreb all state money is in zagreb, since profesional sport is hevily dependable on money, basketball quality of coaches and players ends where money is...if you have brain you can conect that easily

    split, sibenik and zadar fuction on same way as cibona and zadar, but sice there is more money in zagreb zadar, split and sibenik suferd more then cibona who has same stupid menagment
    Jordi Bertomeu sucks!

  20. #20
    Senior Member pohani komarac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    5,331
    Country: Croatia

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Joško Poljak Fan View Post
    It is a bit off topic... but why for example Tedeschi (at least I think that' the guy) isn't investing in KK Split. If I had the money that'd be my first choice by far.
    12.500 capacity arena, Split's metropolitan area almost reaches half a million of population, enormous talent pool and loads of fans that would return as soon as their club would get back on track.
    Tedeschi wantted to get in Cibona, was obstructed from inside, whille Dino Radja almost broke down Tedeschi to enter in Split, but Split is not money and political wise itresting market

    On bright side some things moved up in Split, Nikola Vujcic will get involed in club and will also move his basketball academy from Rijeka to Split. Also owner of Jolly company 2 years ago made male basketball team in Sibenik (so far they only had women section) and now they enterd in A1 league

    Withut Dalmatia, Croatian basketball can fuction for whille, but long time it will be gone
    Jordi Bertomeu sucks!

Page 1 of 21 12311 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •