Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Iran national team 2011

Post Iran NT 2011

Well , We have to win Fiba Asia 2011 in Lebanon and qualify for london 2012 ,

2010 wasn't good enough. we had many injured players in our NT, Hope we

start 2011 better.

I hope Matic renew after Asian games ,He is the man

Default They need help

Seriously I thought Haddadi would show much stronger in turkey. He is still a great energy guy with an extremely atheltic body type, but he doesnt play well with his back to the basket and that is key for any scoring big man!! I would like to say that boy from RICE University balled out. But it just bothered me how uncomfortable Haddadi was with hes back to the basket, everytime he caught the ball in the post he was scared. His face up game is extremely nice!!!!!I wish the Iran NT ran alot more Screen& Roll. Because Haddadi can POP with the best of them, and hes game is alot of slashing.
    One last problem: Iran needs a Pointguard who can control the tempo of the game and get in the paint. AND get Haddadi the ball...a lot. I was very disapointed by the Point guards, they didn't impress me with any of their games. They were trying to do too much,
    Does anyone know of New Point guards Coming up in Iran or that are playing college ball??

Such as Philippe Zarif or Ali Farokhmanesh both Guards are Iranian and have speacial skill sets

Iran is the beast from the middleeast!!

Quote Originally Posted by Arabian Scouts View Post
    Seriously I thought Haddadi would show much stronger in turkey. He is still a great energy guy with an extremely atheltic body type, but he doesnt play well with his back to the basket and that is key for any scoring big man!! I would like to say that boy from RICE University balled out. But it just bothered me how uncomfortable Haddadi was with hes back to the basket, everytime he caught the ball in the post he was scared. His face up game is extremely nice!!!!!I wish the Iran NT ran alot more Screen& Roll. Because Haddadi can POP with the best of them, and hes game is alot of slashing.
    One last problem: Iran needs a Pointguard who can control the tempo of the game and get in the paint. AND get Haddadi the ball...a lot. I was very disapointed by the Point guards, they didn't impress me with any of their games. They were trying to do too much,
    Does anyone know of New Point guards Coming up in Iran or that are playing college ball??

Such as Philippe Zarif or Ali Farokhmanesh both Guards are Iranian and have speacial skill sets

Iran is the beast from the middleeast!!
    Yes it's really vital.our guards weren't good in WC.No I don't know any rising star in point guard .Could you plz explain about Zarif and Farokhmanesh ? What are their colleges? how old are they?
    The biggest football derby match in asia :

Esteghlal 1-0 perspolice

Since 42 years ago :

Esteghlal 21-17 Perspolice

theleatherwallet

Farokmanesh played college ball and had a great march madness run. he is currently playing in switzerland

Phillipe zarif is a high school kid who is not tall, not talented, and simply had a camera. Watch his videos if you think that is impressive please get off this forum and head to your nearest basketball court.

I wouldn't mind giving Farokmanesh an invite. After watching Zarif's full video he can dribble that is about it. I can play better, my friends can play better, this kid would be lucky to even have a college offer him anything.

Quote Originally Posted by busy View Post
    Yes it's really vital.our guards weren't good in WC.No I don't know any rising star in point guard .Could you plz explain about Zarif and Farokhmanesh ? What are their colleges? how old are they?
    For Farokhmanesh you can check this thread that we had for him here in the forums

http://forums.interbasket.net/f22/al...star-an-12877/

As for Philippe I don't remember much about him other than some of the Lebanese members thought he was Lebanese/originally Lebanese so were mentioning about whether he could play in Lebanon or possible be a candidate for our NT (then we found out that he was from Iran)

Default Glove Smack

Yeah they're both on interbasket busy. Ali is a shooting guard who is constantly moving around! looking for double screens to run off and get open. AMazing shooter...stopped or on the go. Zarif is more of a playmaker, because of his speed and dribbling.

I really think they will help the IranianNT. they came up in the united states, where the game is the most advanced in the world. International players have the athleticizm and size that the NBA has, they just lack the ability to take their defender one on one. Like US soccer has absolutlely no creativity or confidence to beat defenders. FIBA's traveling rules, of having to bounce the ball before moving your feet have left international basketball back in the 1900's. while the NBA traveling rules of being able to take two steps and throw the ball ahead of you as you move your feet have opened US basketball to constantly impress the rest of the world with its creativity. In my field of sports managment, I feel basketball has the ability to become the most popular sport in the world, the rules just have to be universal so that all the leagues can play each other. I think as more and more American players begin to export their talent, other countries will learn the work ethic and style of play that can help them become successful.

Default Iran national team 2011

Today, Matic had announced the player pool for the national team. 37 players are here !

1 - Samad Nikkhah Bahrami (Mahram)
    2 - Mehdi Kamrani (Mahram)
    3 - Javad Davari (Mahram)
    4 - Mehrad Atashi (Mahram)
    5 - Mohammad Zare'ei (Mahram)
    6 - Jaber Rouzbahani (Mahram)
    7 - Hamed Afagh (Zob Ahan)
    8 - Oshin Sahakian (Zob Ahan)
    9 - Aren Davoudi (Zob Ahan)
    10 - Mohammad Reza Akbari (Zob Ahan)
    11 - Mehdi Esmaeili (Zob Ahan)
    12 - Mohammad Reza Falahat (Zob Ahan)
    13 - Emad Salmani (Zob Ahan)
    14 - Mohammad Amjad (Zob Ahan)
    15 - Ali Baheran (Zob Ahan)
    16 - Saman Veisi (Petrochimi)
    17 - Hamed Sohrabnejad (Petrochimi)
    18 - Hamed Haddadi (Memphis)
    19 - Arsalan Kazemi (Rice)
    20 - Mousa Nabipour (Azad)
    21 - Rouzbeh Arghavan (Azad)
    22 - Reza Lotfi (Azad)
    23 - Navid Farahani (Azad)
    24 - Asghar Kardoust (Qom)
    25 - Amir Sabbaghian (Qom)
    26 - Majid Ghasemzadeh (Qom)
    27 - Mehdi Shirjang (Haffari)
    28 - Amir Amini (Haffari)
    29 - Ali Jamshidi (Shahrekord)
    30 - Amir Hossein Tatari (Gorgan)
    31 - Sasoon Abramian (Gorgan)
    32 - Nima Bakhshi (Gorgan)
    33 - Amir Teymour Ehsani (Gorgan)
    34 - Hamed Hosseinzadeh (Gorgan)
    35 - Saleh Foroutan (Petrochimi)
    36 - Mohsen Moradkhani (Towzin)
    37 - Ebrahim Rostami (BA Shiraz)

Source:
    http://www.iranbasketball.org/news/t...03-07-11-40-51

* Pouya Tajik, Saeid Davarpanah, Ali Doraghi, Mohammad Hassanzadeh, Mohammad Jamshidi and Vahid Hajian are not invited for non-technical reasons !
    * Hamed Sohrabnejad is here even though he already retired from the national team.

What kind of list is this????

No Towzin players shows that there must be some corruption by the federation.Seems really fishy to me.

Quote Originally Posted by behzadir View Post
    What kind of list is this????

No Towzin players shows that there must be some corruption by the federation.Seems really fishy to me.
    Mashhoon's list !

read this link
    http://www.iranbasketball.org/news/l...03-02-10-11-41

انصراف تیم توزین الکتریک از انجام بازی پنجم
    مدیر عامل این باشگاه علت این تصمیم را ناسپاسی و اعمال به دور از اخلاق ورزشی تعدادی از بازیکنان این تیم اعلام نموده است.
    and this one

http://www.iranbasketball.org/news/t...03-07-11-40-51
    لازم به ذکر است فدراسیون بسکتبال چند تن از بازیکنان باشگاه توزین الکتریک را بدلیل رفتار غیرورزشی و غیرحرفه ای که با آرمانهای فرهنگ قهرمانی منطبق نبوده ، به تیم ملی دعوت ننموده است.
    it can give you a clue about what's happening in our federation ! also I have to say that Towzin's president is a good friend of Mashhoon !

what a funny list!!! Amir Teymoor Ehsani only played 3mins this season!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by gorganbasketball View Post
    what a funny list!!! Amir Teymoor Ehsani only played 3mins this season!!!!
    lol, I didn't know that, you have 5 players in this list 3rd team after Zob Ahan and Mahram ! wow !

I noticed that Benny Koochoie isn't in the list too ! don't know why !

------------
    http://www.mehrnews.com/fa/newsdetai...NewsID=1323150

Sohrabnejad: thanks but no ! I won't come back !

update on Towzin players and why they didn't get invited. what a stupid reason !

http://sports.yjc.ir/NewsDesc.aspx?newsid=466452

---------

NT's schedule this summer, Belarus, Hungary, Portugal, Taiwan and an invitational tournament in Tehran !
    http://www.mehrnews.com/fa/newsdetai...NewsID=1324210

Quote Originally Posted by mohsena2631 View Post
    update on Towzin players and why they didn't get invited. what a stupid reason !

why is that? could you translate some main details, thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by ann922 View Post
    why is that? could you translate some main details, thanks!
    After Towzin's win over Petrochimi in 3rd place series (in 3rd game), Towzin's president paid a prize of 600$ to each player. but some players refused to accept it. it made a problem inside the team (they lost the 4th game) and finally they withdrew from the last/5th game.

according to Towzin Club, that was just a gift from the club management and the players were supposed to get the original prize after the season.

and now our federation is angry about this issue, Mashhoon even called these players ungrateful and he said they have no place in national team.

I think the players did a stupid move but it's not related to the federation ! it's between them and the club !

Quote Originally Posted by mohsena2631 View Post
    After Towzin's win over Petrochimi in 3rd place series (in 3rd game), Towzin's president paid a prize of 600$ to each player. but some players refused to accept it. it made a problem inside the team (they lost the 4th game) and finally they withdrew from the last/5th game.

according to Towzin Club, that was just a gift from the club management and the players were supposed to get the original prize after the season.

and now our federation is angry about this issue, Mashhoon even called these players ungrateful and he said they have no place in national team.

I think the players did a stupid move but it's not related to the federation ! it's between them and the club !
    ok i see, thanks for the explain... so these towzin's players wont get a opportunity to be in the national team this time for sure?

Quote Originally Posted by ann922 View Post
    ok i see, thanks for the explain... so these towzin's players wont get a opportunity to be in the national team this time for sure?
    god knows ! (in this case god = Mashhoon)
    but if you ask me, they will. but I guess they must spend some weeks with B team as punishment (just my guess)

these 37 players will divide to A and B teams soon. and then federation will send one of them (A or B, not decided yet) to WABA qualifiers (will start in 20 days) in Dohuk Iraq !

http://manila2011.fibaasia.net/Tourn...ils.aspx?id=95

IRI - I feel born again as a player: Bahrami

MANILA, Philippines (22nd FIBA Asia Champions Cup): What do you call a player returning to international competition after a one-year injury-forced hiatus and averaging 14.7 points and 7 rebounds per game in the first three games – not to forget the 8 assists in the very first game!

There have been, and will be, many adjectives to describe such a player, but I found the simplest of them all: Samad Nikkhah Bahrami.

The 28-year-old recovering from an ankle injury, which he describes as “normal for any athlete”, but has been as sharp in offense, and blunt in defense, as ever spearheading Mahram ahead.

Bahrami spoke exclusively to this website on his return, and more importantly about how he managed his stay away from the court – a revelation in itself for many youngsters who model themselves on this fantastic, but friendliest, player Iran has given the game of basketball.

Excerpts

FIBA Asia: What are the lessons from the injury?

Bahrami: First of all, never take anything for granted – especially your body. I have learnt not to overdo things now. I have to concede I have been crazy and going mad at my coaches when they wanted to substitute me. I’ve always wanted to play all the 40 minutes of the game. But now I know that such an attitude is dangerous.

Staying away from the court made me hungrier. I learnt the importance of court time. I also learnt that a player is valuable only as long as he can give his best on the court. Everything around is suddenly changed when you cannot play, and can only watch the game from the sidelines.

Having said that, I must add I have been very lucky to find people who supported me tremendously throughout the injury.

I found more people concerned about me when I was away from the court than when I was on the court.

When I was on court, it was always like “Samad is playing, so everything is normal. But when I was out, more people were actually worried about my well being. I could see the concern on their faces.

I felt very privileged and feel very grateful for their love and concern.

They say you can sort your friends out when things are down for you. But I was very fortunate in this context. I actually found new friends during my injury.

My club (Mahram) signed my contract although I wasn’t sure if I can play. Mr. Mashhoun (IRIBF president) called me almost every day whether I was in Iran or abroad (for treatment) to check on how I was doing. Sheikh Saud (FIBA Asia President) and Mr. Rashed (of Qatar Basketball Federation) helped me a lot when I went to Qatar for treatment. And the entire FIBA Asia family has been treating me like their favorite son.

The only thing all of them told me was: “Comeback soon and play at your best.” Now, that’s exactly what I intend to do.

FIBA Asia: What was the injury? How difficult was it to cope?

Bahrami: Well, physically my doctors told me very clearly that this injury is very normal for athletes in basketball and volleyball. Nearly 8 out of 10 basketball players suffer from this injury.

If not now, I would have suffered this injury at some point in time in my career. That knowledge helped me cope mentally as well. I realized I have to learn to manage these things instead treating the situation like the sky has fallen.

Of course, it was extremely demoralizing when I heard of the injury first. More so because I was preparing to play the 2010 FIBA World Championship. For us players from Asia playing the Olympics or the World Championship doesn’t happen regularly. For many of us, it is a once in a lifetime opportunity. Therefore, it was very depressing.

But like I said, the knowledge of the fact that it could have happened any time, helped me look at things more maturely.

They say a player dies twice. Once when he stops playing and the other when he actually dies. An injury like this can be sudden death. Again, I must thank all those people and my family to have stood by me to help me recover.

In that sense, I feel like a born again player. Also, now I know the real purpose of my life is to play basketball. God gave me an opportunity to play this great sport. I think I utilized that opportunity well. And now again, He has given me the second chance through the many people. I promise I’ll utilize this opportunity too.

FIBA Asia: Did you feel rusty in your first game when you came back?

Bahrami: Yes and no.

Obviously, I couldn’t get the balance going. And also the ball didn’t feel alright. But that was only for a few minutes.

I had come back hungrier, having learnt the importance of gaining court time. And I had kept myself motivated for exactly that moment when I was going to feel the ball for the first time (after injury) in a game.

It was more exciting than even the first ever time I actually played in a game.

FIBA Asia: Iran, this year, will defend their FIBA Asia Championship title…

Bahrami: Three-peat is a very challenging task. I remember telling you winning the second time was much tougher than the first, when we beat China (in the finals of the 25th FIBA Asia Championship in Tianjin in 2009).

Winning it the first time was euphoric, the second time was satisfying. The third win will come if we can meet the challenges that come our way.

Iran has become the team to beat, including for China. Therefore all eyes are more on us than any other team.

But I am confident we are capable of raising the bar.

I am particularly happy with the way the team played in the Guangzhou Asian Games. We entered the semifinals and almost beat China despite me and Hamed (Haddadi) not playing.

But the team also learnt a very important lesson in Guangzhou – not to do stupid mistakes like they did against Japan in the Group game. That made the difference between playing the final and semifinal.

FIBA Asia: Your thoughts on the current competition.

Bahrami: Every year the FIBA Asia Champions Cup is getting tougher, stronger and deeper. New teams are coming in, and the existing ones are getting stronger.

In fact, I remember telling you every year that “this year is stronger than last year.” And it is happening like that every year.

I thought Jakarta (2009) was tough, but Doha (2010) was tougher. And this year it is even tougher.

But it is very exciting to see our (Asia) teams taking so much interest. I can also see that things are progressing very fast.

WABA League resumed action this year. I am told the ABL is very successful. I think we are doing well to keep improving.

FIBA Asia: Your advice to youngsters on the injury.

Bahrami: Listen to your coach (laughs).

If he tells you to sit out for a few minutes learn to use the chance to rest your body instead of giving him dirty looks.

I am telling you this because I have been crazy in wanting to play all the 40 minutes of the game. Even one minute of rest can go a long way in delaying an injury by many years.

S Mageshwaran / FIBA Asia

http://www.udel.edu/udaily/2011/may/...cp-051311.html

Iran assistant coach, Mehran Hatami, recently completed a course at the University of Delaware.

He carried out a project developing a program for player identification to improve Iran basketball team at all levels.

looks like Towzin electric players have been sidelined form the national team for disciplinary reasons, do any of you guys know why?
    http://www.mehrnews.com/fa/newsdetai...NewsID=1327221

Quote Originally Posted by Buran View Post
    looks like Towzin electric players have been sidelined form the national team for disciplinary reasons, do any of you guys know why?
    http://www.mehrnews.com/fa/newsdetai...NewsID=1327221
    Buran jan I already explained (yekam balatar)

you can read the complete story here.

----------------

another bad news (maybe bad or maybe not !)

Mohammad Reza Akbari and Amir Amini won't play for national team, they withdrew from the NT training camp !!!

Amir Amini was a member of Iran NT in 2005, 2007 and 2009 FIBA Asia Championship, 2006 and 2010 Asian Games and 2008 Summer Olympics !
    Mohammad Reza Akbari was a member in 2007 and 2009 FIBA Asia Championship, he missed WCh in Turkey and 2010 Asian Games because of a surgery on his knee.

Hamed Sohrabnejad already withdrew (he official retired after the Asian Games) I think without him, Tajik and maybe Arsalan, we are in a big trouble in power forward position. Hassanzadeh is needed badly ! I hope Mashhoon invite these Towzin players, Hassanzadeh and Davarpanah are really important for the national team, they had a very good season in Towzin.

Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast