Iran national team 2011

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Iran national team 2011

Well , We have to win Fiba Asia 2011 in Lebanon and qualify for london 2012 ,

2010 wasn't good enough. we had many injured players in our NT, Hope we

start 2011 better.

I hope Matic renew after Asian games ,He is the man
    The biggest football derby match in asia :

Esteghlal 1-0 perspolice

Since 42 years ago :

Esteghlal 21-17 Perspolice

They need help

Seriously I thought Haddadi would show much stronger in turkey. He is still a great energy guy with an extremely atheltic body type, but he doesnt play well with his back to the basket and that is key for any scoring big man!! I would like to say that boy from RICE University balled out. But it just bothered me how uncomfortable Haddadi was with hes back to the basket, everytime he caught the ball in the post he was scared. His face up game is extremely nice!!!!!I wish the Iran NT ran alot more Screen& Roll. Because Haddadi can POP with the best of them, and hes game is alot of slashing.
    One last problem: Iran needs a Pointguard who can control the tempo of the game and get in the paint. AND get Haddadi the ball...a lot. I was very disapointed by the Point guards, they didn't impress me with any of their games. They were trying to do too much,
    Does anyone know of New Point guards Coming up in Iran or that are playing college ball??

Such as Philippe Zarif or Ali Farokhmanesh both Guards are Iranian and have speacial skill sets

Iran is the beast from the middleeast!!

Comment

Originally posted by Arabian Scouts View Post
      Seriously I thought Haddadi would show much stronger in turkey. He is still a great energy guy with an extremely atheltic body type, but he doesnt play well with his back to the basket and that is key for any scoring big man!! I would like to say that boy from RICE University balled out. But it just bothered me how uncomfortable Haddadi was with hes back to the basket, everytime he caught the ball in the post he was scared. His face up game is extremely nice!!!!!I wish the Iran NT ran alot more Screen& Roll. Because Haddadi can POP with the best of them, and hes game is alot of slashing.
      One last problem: Iran needs a Pointguard who can control the tempo of the game and get in the paint. AND get Haddadi the ball...a lot. I was very disapointed by the Point guards, they didn't impress me with any of their games. They were trying to do too much,
      Does anyone know of New Point guards Coming up in Iran or that are playing college ball??

Such as Philippe Zarif or Ali Farokhmanesh both Guards are Iranian and have speacial skill sets

Iran is the beast from the middleeast!!
      Yes it's really vital.our guards weren't good in WC.No I don't know any rising star in point guard .Could you plz explain about Zarif and Farokhmanesh ? What are their colleges? how old are they?
      The biggest football derby match in asia :

Esteghlal 1-0 perspolice

Since 42 years ago :

Esteghlal 21-17 Perspolice

Comment

Farokmanesh played college ball and had a great march madness run. he is currently playing in switzerland

Phillipe zarif is a high school kid who is not tall, not talented, and simply had a camera. Watch his videos if you think that is impressive please get off this forum and head to your nearest basketball court.

I wouldn't mind giving Farokmanesh an invite. After watching Zarif's full video he can dribble that is about it. I can play better, my friends can play better, this kid would be lucky to even have a college offer him anything.

Comment

Originally posted by busy View Post
          Yes it's really vital.our guards weren't good in WC.No I don't know any rising star in point guard .Could you plz explain about Zarif and Farokhmanesh ? What are their colleges? how old are they?
          For Farokhmanesh you can check this thread that we had for him here in the forums

As for Philippe I don't remember much about him other than some of the Lebanese members thought he was Lebanese/originally Lebanese so were mentioning about whether he could play in Lebanon or possible be a candidate for our NT (then we found out that he was from Iran)

Comment

Glove Smack

Yeah they're both on interbasket busy. Ali is a shooting guard who is constantly moving around! looking for double screens to run off and get open. AMazing shooter...stopped or on the go. Zarif is more of a playmaker, because of his speed and dribbling.

I really think they will help the IranianNT. they came up in the united states, where the game is the most advanced in the world. International players have the athleticizm and size that the NBA has, they just lack the ability to take their defender one on one. Like US soccer has absolutlely no creativity or confidence to beat defenders. FIBA's traveling rules, of having to bounce the ball before moving your feet have left international basketball back in the 1900's. while the NBA traveling rules of being able to take two steps and throw the ball ahead of you as you move your feet have opened US basketball to constantly impress the rest of the world with its creativity. In my field of sports managment, I feel basketball has the ability to become the most popular sport in the world, the rules just have to be universal so that all the leagues can play each other. I think as more and more American players begin to export their talent, other countries will learn the work ethic and style of play that can help them become successful.

Comment

Iran national team 2011

Today, Matic had announced the player pool for the national team. 37 players are here !

1 - Samad Nikkhah Bahrami (Mahram)
              2 - Mehdi Kamrani (Mahram)
              3 - Javad Davari (Mahram)
              4 - Mehrad Atashi (Mahram)
              5 - Mohammad Zare'ei (Mahram)
              6 - Jaber Rouzbahani (Mahram)
              7 - Hamed Afagh (Zob Ahan)
              8 - Oshin Sahakian (Zob Ahan)
              9 - Aren Davoudi (Zob Ahan)
              10 - Mohammad Reza Akbari (Zob Ahan)
              11 - Mehdi Esmaeili (Zob Ahan)
              12 - Mohammad Reza Falahat (Zob Ahan)
              13 - Emad Salmani (Zob Ahan)
              14 - Mohammad Amjad (Zob Ahan)
              15 - Ali Baheran (Zob Ahan)
              16 - Saman Veisi (Petrochimi)
              17 - Hamed Sohrabnejad (Petrochimi)
              18 - Hamed Haddadi (Memphis)
              19 - Arsalan Kazemi (Rice)
              20 - Mousa Nabipour (Azad)
              21 - Rouzbeh Arghavan (Azad)
              22 - Reza Lotfi (Azad)
              23 - Navid Farahani (Azad)
              24 - Asghar Kardoust (Qom)
              25 - Amir Sabbaghian (Qom)
              26 - Majid Ghasemzadeh (Qom)
              27 - Mehdi Shirjang (Haffari)
              28 - Amir Amini (Haffari)
              29 - Ali Jamshidi (Shahrekord)
              30 - Amir Hossein Tatari (Gorgan)
              31 - Sasoon Abramian (Gorgan)
              32 - Nima Bakhshi (Gorgan)
              33 - Amir Teymour Ehsani (Gorgan)
              34 - Hamed Hosseinzadeh (Gorgan)
              35 - Saleh Foroutan (Petrochimi)
              36 - Mohsen Moradkhani (Towzin)
              37 - Ebrahim Rostami (BA Shiraz)

Source:

* Pouya Tajik, Saeid Davarpanah, Ali Doraghi, Mohammad Hassanzadeh, Mohammad Jamshidi and Vahid Hajian are not invited for non-technical reasons !
              * Hamed Sohrabnejad is here even though he already retired from the national team.

Comment

What kind of list is this????

No Towzin players shows that there must be some corruption by the federation.Seems really fishy to me.

Comment

Originally posted by behzadir View Post
                  What kind of list is this????

No Towzin players shows that there must be some corruption by the federation.Seems really fishy to me.
                  Mashhoon's list !

read this link

انصراف تیم توزین الکتریک از انجام بازی پنجم
                  مدیر عامل این باشگاه علت این تصمیم را ناسپاسی و اعمال به دور از اخلاق ورزشی تعدادی از بازیکنان این تیم اعلام نموده است.
                  and this one

لازم به ذکر است فدراسیون بسکتبال چند تن از بازیکنان باشگاه توزین الکتریک را بدلیل رفتار غیرورزشی و غیرحرفه ای که با آرمانهای فرهنگ قهرمانی منطبق نبوده ، به تیم ملی دعوت ننموده است.
                  it can give you a clue about what's happening in our federation ! also I have to say that Towzin's president is a good friend of Mashhoon !

Comment

what a funny list!!! Amir Teymoor Ehsani only played 3mins this season!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by gorganbasketball View Post
                      what a funny list!!! Amir Teymoor Ehsani only played 3mins this season!!!!
                      lol, I didn't know that, you have 5 players in this list 3rd team after Zob Ahan and Mahram ! wow !

I noticed that Benny Koochoie isn't in the list too ! don't know why !

------------

Sohrabnejad: thanks but no ! I won't come back !

Comment

update on Towzin players and why they didn't get invited. what a stupid reason !

---------

NT's schedule this summer, Belarus, Hungary, Portugal, Taiwan and an invitational tournament in Tehran !

Comment

Originally posted by mohsena2631 View Post
                          update on Towzin players and why they didn't get invited. what a stupid reason !

http://sports.yjc.ir/NewsDesc.aspx?newsid=466452
                          why is that? could you translate some main details, thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by ann922 View Post
                            why is that? could you translate some main details, thanks!
                            After Towzin's win over Petrochimi in 3rd place series (in 3rd game), Towzin's president paid a prize of 600$ to each player. but some players refused to accept it. it made a problem inside the team (they lost the 4th game) and finally they withdrew from the last/5th game.

according to Towzin Club, that was just a gift from the club management and the players were supposed to get the original prize after the season.

and now our federation is angry about this issue, Mashhoon even called these players ungrateful and he said they have no place in national team.

I think the players did a stupid move but it's not related to the federation ! it's between them and the club !

Comment

Originally posted by mohsena2631 View Post
                              After Towzin's win over Petrochimi in 3rd place series (in 3rd game), Towzin's president paid a prize of 600$ to each player. but some players refused to accept it. it made a problem inside the team (they lost the 4th game) and finally they withdrew from the last/5th game.

according to Towzin Club, that was just a gift from the club management and the players were supposed to get the original prize after the season.

and now our federation is angry about this issue, Mashhoon even called these players ungrateful and he said they have no place in national team.

I think the players did a stupid move but it's not related to the federation ! it's between them and the club !
                              ok i see, thanks for the explain... so these towzin's players wont get a opportunity to be in the national team this time for sure?

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information