Page 3 of 29 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 569

Thread: Maccabi Electra Tel-Aviv - 2011/2012

  1. #41
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    5,134
    Country: Italy

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MaccabiTA View Post
    Maccabi's biggest goal before this season was fixing the mistakes of the past. The biggest one was lack of continuity. After this great and unexpected season some important players in the team finish contract and Maccabi is a team that its budget comes from its incomes. Keeping all (or some) of these important players and keep continuity would take a bigger budget, moving to the Adriatic league would create Maccabi 2-3 million additional incomes and therefor would help keep the big players and preserve this year's roster (with some improvements)
    thanks . i was surprised because i didnt know adriatic league could meant 2mln
    i just tought blatt wanted to partecipate to a stronger league to improve team for el

  2. #42
    EL Week 3 MVP Billy Bounce's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Israel
    Posts
    3,218
    Country: Israel

    Default

    Halperin is about to sign for 3 seasons, $600k per season

    Moran Roth (Holon), Nate Miller( Yokneam ) are the candidates.

    http://www.sport5.co.il/articles.asp...100658&lang=HE

    Signing Roth would be a mistake for both sides: Roth is good, but he's like Meir Tapiro : he can't be a role player , he must be a team leader to be effective.

    Nate Miller : dunno, to bring a player from the second league , even if he's 22.5 PPG... Anybody seen him playing ?

  3. #43
    Senior Member Roy M's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Holon
    Posts
    5,789

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Billy Bounce View Post
    Halperin is about to sign for 3 seasons, $600k per season

    Moran Roth (Holon), Nate Miller( Yokneam ) are the candidates.

    http://www.sport5.co.il/articles.asp...100658&lang=HE

    Signing Roth would be a mistake for both sides: Roth is good, but he's like Meir Tapiro : he can't be a role player , he must be a team leader to be effective.

    Nate Miller : dunno, to bring a player from the second league , even if he's 22.5 PPG... Anybody seen him playing ?
    And do U believe to every thing that U read?
    2019/2020:
    PG: Milos, Walters
    SG: Wilbwkin, D-Ba, ?
    SF:Casspi, Avdija, Zoosman
    PF: F, Cohen, Caloiaro
    PF: Black, F/IL

  4. #44
    EL Week 3 MVP Billy Bounce's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Israel
    Posts
    3,218
    Country: Israel

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Roy M View Post
    And do U believe to every thing that U read?
    Yea, with the exception for your posts

  5. #45
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    1,911

    Default

    What will Maccabi's schedule look like next season after joining Adriatic League? Will you play a full schedule in Israeli league too and if so would that not be a lot of games?

  6. #46
    EL Week 3 MVP Billy Bounce's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Israel
    Posts
    3,218
    Country: Israel

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jazz View Post
    What will Maccabi's schedule look like next season after joining Adriatic League? Will you play a full schedule in Israeli league too and if so would that not be a lot of games?
    1) Friday is reserved for Euroleague, so it leaves something like: Sunday for Israeli league, Tuesday for Adriatic

    2) There will be a full schedule in Israeli league , but Maccabi is expected to have an extra big ( ~ 15 ) roster to cope with it.

    It's interesting question , btw, whether Maccabi will play all three competitions with the same hierarchy , or there will be some arrangements: let's say EL, Adriatic: starters + bench1 , BSL: bench1 + bench2.

  7. #47
    Senior Member frodoborg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    954

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Billy Bounce View Post
    1) Friday is reserved for Euroleague, so it leaves something like: Sunday for Israeli league, Tuesday for Adriatic

    2) There will be a full schedule in Israeli league , but Maccabi is expected to have an extra big ( ~ 15 ) roster to cope with it.

    It's interesting question , btw, whether Maccabi will play all three competitions with the same hierarchy , or there will be some arrangements: let's say EL, Adriatic: starters + bench1 , BSL: bench1 + bench2.
    Euroleague is Thursday. Adriatic - Saturday. IBL - Monday. Those activities should be synchronized, like this:
    - If Maccabi has an away Euroleague game, it will fly on Friday morning to an away Adriatic game, which will be scheduled at early Saturday afternoon (16:00 or 17:00). After game, Maccabi will return to Israel on Saturday night, and will be prepared to the local league (Sunday, or Monday).
    - If Maccabi will play at home in Euroleague, it will remain home for Adriatic league game (in this case, the game will be played after Shabath, at 21:00 or something like this).
    11th Commandment: You shall not say Maccabi is a mediocre team!

  8. #48
    EL Week 3 MVP Billy Bounce's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Israel
    Posts
    3,218
    Country: Israel

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by frodoborg View Post
    Euroleague is Thursday. ....
    That's right, my bad

  9. #49
    EL Week 3 MVP Billy Bounce's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Israel
    Posts
    3,218
    Country: Israel

    Default

    Maccabi wants to trade Kadir with Landesberg : http://one.co.il/Article/180621.html

    I feel bad for Kadir : it's known that Maccabi is overloaded with PFs , but why don't they simply release him

  10. #50
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    397
    Country: Australia

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Billy Bounce View Post
    Maccabi wants to trade Kadir with Landesberg : http://one.co.il/Article/180621.html

    I feel bad for Kadir : it's known that Maccabi is overloaded with PFs , but why don't they simply release him


    Yes!!! I want to see Landesberg in Maccabi Tel Aviv!

    Oh my! Maccabi TA is going to be a great & stronger team next season!



    When's NBL starts? in August or September?
    Euroleague in October yeah?



    Maccabi Tel Aviv



    EUROLEAGUE CHAMPIONSHIPS - 1977 & 1981 & 2001 & 2004 & 2005 & 2014
    Intercontinental Cup - 1980
    Adriatic League Championship - 2012

  11. #51
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    397
    Country: Australia

    Default

    Shawn James signed with Maccabi Tel Aviv for two years.
    Official link:
    http://maccabi.co.il/News.asp?id=2996



    Maccabi Tel Aviv



    EUROLEAGUE CHAMPIONSHIPS - 1977 & 1981 & 2001 & 2004 & 2005 & 2014
    Intercontinental Cup - 1980
    Adriatic League Championship - 2012

  12. #52
    Senior Member frodoborg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    954

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by [M-120] View Post
    Shawn James signed with Maccabi Tel Aviv for two years.
    Official link:
    http://maccabi.co.il/News.asp?id=2996
    In fact, no one knows for how many years.
    11th Commandment: You shall not say Maccabi is a mediocre team!

  13. #53
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    2

    Default

    Does Chuck Eidson is really going to leave?
    http://www.sport5.co.il/HTML/article...74.100882.html

    and where is he going to play?

  14. #54
    EL Week 3 MVP Billy Bounce's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Israel
    Posts
    3,218
    Country: Israel

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TamTumTam View Post
    Does Chuck Eidson is really going to leave?
    http://www.sport5.co.il/HTML/article...74.100882.html

    and where is he going to play?
    Chuck is 30 y.o. , with 2-3 years to play on a high level , hard to blame him for choosing big money before retirement.

    Where? I bet it's Efes Pilsen ( they are rebuilding from scratch and historically like to sign veteran players ) . The other option : Real Madrid ( with their famous policy "sign those who hurt you the most" : Chuck was excellent against them in EL semi )

  15. #55
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    5,134
    Country: Italy

    Default

    eidson out? not a drama

  16. #56
    Senior Member Farfiman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    204

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by maccabeo View Post
    eidson out? not a drama
    hehe I'm sure you are very happy about this news.
    Although I liked him very much... players come and go and we can't get upset about any of them leaving for whatever the reason.
    Us long term fans have seen it all from Parker to Ed Horton .

    I can still remember the fans panicking when Jamchi left the team.
    30 years in the Yad

  17. #57
    Senior Member frodoborg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    954

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Billy Bounce View Post
    Where? I bet it's Efes Pilsen ( they are rebuilding from scratch and historically like to sign veteran players ) . The other option : Real Madrid ( with their famous policy "sign those who hurt you the most" : Chuck was excellent against them in EL semi )
    More likely Fenerbahce. There are rumors about Caja, Real, Malaga. Turned down CSKA.
    11th Commandment: You shall not say Maccabi is a mediocre team!

  18. #58
    Senior Member Czarkazem13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Fort Lauderdale
    Posts
    1,907

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by maccabeo View Post
    eidson out? not a drama
    Is there a broken record?

  19. #59
    EL Week 3 MVP Billy Bounce's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Israel
    Posts
    3,218
    Country: Israel

    Default

    Regarding Landesberg to MTA rumors:

    Haifa owner Jeff Rosen : Landesberg is under contract for the next season in Maccabi Haifa . Next season the team will be build "around him".

    http://www.mhbasket.co.il/News.asp?id=1233

    Jeff isn't sure about his own future with Haifa, but 100% sure about Landesberg.

  20. #60
    Senior Member Czarkazem13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Fort Lauderdale
    Posts
    1,907

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Billy Bounce View Post
    Regarding Landesberg to MTA rumors:

    Haifa owner Jeff Rosen : Landesberg is under contract for the next season in Maccabi Haifa . Next season the team will be build "around him".

    http://www.mhbasket.co.il/News.asp?id=1233

    Jeff isn't sure about his own future with Haifa, but 100% sure about Landesberg.
    Smart decision by Rosen. I wonder if Grunfeld is on his radar (or for that matter, what's up with Glasser's injury?).

    However, where does this leave Kadir? There doesn't seem to be much space for him in Maccabi. Loaned out another year or just cut him. Would like to see him with Maccabi Haifa or if Hapoel Jerusalem can build a good team. Tel Aviv is loaded at the 4 and 5.

    It looks like Rosen is staying with Haifa for at least one more season:

    http://www.mhbasket.co.il/News.asp?id=1235&lang=en

Page 3 of 29 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •