Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by maccabeo View Post
    23 years for an athlet is not so young anymore
    It's also still not old, and still below the average age of a professional baller. Plus, big men usually take longer to hone in their skills.

Comment

Originally posted by milos View Post
      and who the hell is this Schayer boy that i hear his name all season long? whats about bringing back Gal Mekel?
      also, i'd kick out Tal Burstein, he's totally out of level..
      First, Scheyer is a Jewish (actually, I think half) American ball player who led Duke to the NCAA championship two seasons ago. He was not drafted by any NBA teams (which some analysts found odd) but was picked up by the Miami Heat, where he suffered a serious eye injury. He was last in the D-League playing well. He would be very good for Maccabi. He is a combo guard that can shoot and pass well. He's not a shut-em-down defender, but plays smart D. High basketball IQ.

He is better then Mekel and Burstein (at this point). Between those two, I would think that Burstein, due to height and overall game, would have better minutes with Maccabi (also has experience). Mekel is still young and has ways to go. He would be better on a smaller team where he has a bigger role to improve his skills IMHO.

Comment

Originally posted by Billy Bounce View Post
        Just listened to Blatt's interview:

Next season there will be "NBA style" 12 +3 man roster to cope with three games a week. He promised to bring some quality Israelis ( I could think only of Grunfeld, Landsberg , Rothbart and maybe Ohayon )

A decision to play in Adriatic League is based on financial considerations only to ensure the current roster stays intact.
        I believe Landesberg is under contract for another year with Maccabi Haifa (depending on what happens with Rosen I guess). Rothbart is not Maccabi quality (maybe in practice he can help the Maccabi bigs play against taller centers). I don't see Ohayon as at that level either. Grunfeld is a possibility, but I never heard him on Tel Aviv's roster. Truthfully, I would think Maccabi Haifa would be more interested in him.

Comment

Originally posted by goga78 View Post
          Are you sure? Better look again.
          Anyway... So many guards are being brought in connection with Maccabi. Halperin, Scheyer, Carroll... and Sharp wants to play one more year. At the same time, two more guards are under contract, Perkins will be probably signed, too, while Eidson can also play guard.
          i guess they will not be brought all together, nut names of guards connected with mta, make me stay more tranquil about "sm,all" playrs.- problem are centimeter. we surely not solve this problem with james

Comment

Just listened to Blatt's interview:

A decision to play in Adriatic League is based on financial considerations only to ensure the current roster stays intact.
            interesting, can u explaine me better?

Comment

Originally posted by Czarkazem13 View Post
              First, Scheyer is a Jewish (actually, I think half) American ball player who led Duke to the NCAA championship two seasons ago. He was not drafted by any NBA teams (which some analysts found odd) but was picked up by the Miami Heat, where he suffered a serious eye injury. He was last in the D-League playing well. He would be very good for Maccabi. He is a combo guard that can shoot and pass well. He's not a shut-em-down defender, but plays smart D. High basketball IQ.

He is better then Mekel and Burstein (at this point). Between those two, I would think that Burstein, due to height and overall game, would have better minutes with Maccabi (also has experience). Mekel is still young and has ways to go. He would be better on a smaller team where he has a bigger role to improve his skills IMHO.
              i think even just thinking mekel in any euroleague team is silly . a so so mediocre player

Comment

Originally posted by maccabeo View Post
                interesting, can u explaine me better?
                Maccabi's biggest goal before this season was fixing the mistakes of the past. The biggest one was lack of continuity. After this great and unexpected season some important players in the team finish contract and Maccabi is a team that its budget comes from its incomes. Keeping all (or some) of these important players and keep continuity would take a bigger budget, moving to the Adriatic league would create Maccabi 2-3 million additional incomes and therefor would help keep the big players and preserve this year's roster (with some improvements)

Comment

Originally posted by MaccabiTA View Post
                  Maccabi's biggest goal before this season was fixing the mistakes of the past. The biggest one was lack of continuity. After this great and unexpected season some important players in the team finish contract and Maccabi is a team that its budget comes from its incomes. Keeping all (or some) of these important players and keep continuity would take a bigger budget, moving to the Adriatic league would create Maccabi 2-3 million additional incomes and therefor would help keep the big players and preserve this year's roster (with some improvements)
                  Agree.
                  I like the Adriaric League and glad that we are palying their.
                  2022/2023:
                  PG: Brown, D-BA, Ziv
                  SG: Baldwin, Hollins
                  SF: Hillard, Pnini, Menco
                  PF: Martin, Colson, Cohen
                  PF: Nebo, Poyters, Sorkin

Comment

Originally posted by Czarkazem13 View Post
                    I believe Landesberg is under contract for another year with Maccabi Haifa (depending on what happens with Rosen I guess). Rothbart is not Maccabi quality (maybe in practice he can help the Maccabi bigs play against taller centers). I don't see Ohayon as at that level either. Grunfeld is a possibility, but I never heard him on Tel Aviv's roster. Truthfully, I would think Maccabi Haifa would be more interested in him.
                    Grunfeld could be quite useful, filling the gaps at SG/SF , doing all little things to win. He's ego-free , hardworking type of a guy , never forces things, always 'in the game's stream'. Sort of younger version of Burstein.

Rothbart with all his lousy defense is the best Israeli center right now ( Green is injured, Kuzi is about to retire ) . He probably can play some single digit minutes in EL behind Sofo/James, being a full time back-up in Adriatic & BSL to reduce a work-load on bigs. His Israeli passport gives Blatt more flexibility in BSL (if "The Russian Law" stays). Besides, watching how Sofo flourishes under Blatt, I hope this magic will work with Rothbart too .

Landesberg is talented as hell, and with Eidson taking on PG spot (Blatt won't make the same mistake wasting him @SF) . Maccabi needs a quick, athletic SF like Landesberg . That's the quality that other MTA SFs (Pnini & Bluth) lack . I hope you remember how many troubles were caused by athletic rivals' SFs : Anderson , SanEm, Sato. Regarding his contract, I guess he does want to join MTA , so the deal could be settled somehow with Haifa , even if it require Landesberg to pay a part of his buy-out by himself.

Ohayon could also be quite useful as a defensive stopper for special missions( e.g. to shut down rival guard) or as a back-up PG (Adriatic/BSL). There is a problem that Yogev is too associated with Jerusalem, but if Pnini did that without a problem, I guess Ohayon could do it too?

Comment

Grunfeld could be quite useful, filling the gaps at SG/SF , doing all little things to win. He's ego-free , hardworking type of a guy , never forces things, always 'in the game's stream'. Sort of younger version of Burstein.

Rothbart with all his lousy defense is the best Israeli center right now ( Green is injured, Kuzi is about to retire ) . He probably can play some single digit minutes in EL behind Sofo/James, being a full time back-up in Adriatic & BSL to reduce a work-load on bigs. His Israeli passport gives Blatt more flexibility in BSL (if "The Russian Law" stays). Besides, watching how Sofo flourishes under Blatt, I hope this magic will work with Rothbart too .

Landesberg is talented as hell, and with Eidson taking on PG spot (Blatt won't make the same mistake wasting him @SF) . Maccabi needs a quick, athletic SF like Landesberg . That's the quality that other MTA SFs (Pnini & Bluth) lack . I hope you remember how many troubles were caused by athletic rivals' SFs : Anderson , SanEm, Sato. Regarding his contract, I guess he does want to join MTA , so the deal could be settled somehow with Haifa , even if it require Landesberg to pay a part of his buy-out by himself.

Ohayon could also be quite useful as a defensive stopper for special missions( e.g. to shut down rival guard) or as a back-up PG (Adriatic/BSL). There is a problem that Yogev is too associated with Jerusalem, but if Pnini did that without a problem, I guess Ohayon could do it too?
                      Grunfeld is a poor men Eidson. Very smart, and skilled player. The rest you mentioned still needs to prove themselves. Landesberg may be talented, but he still has question marks all over him. There's no way Rothbart will play in Maccabi, while he has no defense. Ohayon can be a 3rd PG in Maccabi, but will he want that?
                      Last edited by frodoborg; 05-29-2011, 07:30 AM.
                      11th Commandment: You shall not say Maccabi is a mediocre team!

Comment

Originally posted by MaccabiTA View Post
                        thanks . i was surprised because i didnt know adriatic league could meant 2mln
                        i just tought blatt wanted to partecipate to a stronger league to improve team for el

Comment

Halperin is about to sign for 3 seasons, $600k per season

Moran Roth (Holon), Nate Miller( Yokneam ) are the candidates.

Signing Roth would be a mistake for both sides: Roth is good, but he's like Meir Tapiro : he can't be a role player , he must be a team leader to be effective.

Nate Miller : dunno, to bring a player from the second league , even if he's 22.5 PPG... Anybody seen him playing ?

Comment

Halperin is about to sign for 3 seasons, $600k per season

Moran Roth (Holon), Nate Miller( Yokneam ) are the candidates.

Signing Roth would be a mistake for both sides: Roth is good, but he's like Meir Tapiro : he can't be a role player , he must be a team leader to be effective.

Nate Miller : dunno, to bring a player from the second league , even if he's 22.5 PPG... Anybody seen him playing ?
                            And do U believe to every thing that U read?
                            2022/2023:
                            PG: Brown, D-BA, Ziv
                            SG: Baldwin, Hollins
                            SF: Hillard, Pnini, Menco
                            PF: Martin, Colson, Cohen
                            PF: Nebo, Poyters, Sorkin

Comment

Originally posted by Roy M View Post
                              And do U believe to every thing that U read?
                              Yea, with the exception for your posts

Comment

What will Maccabi's schedule look like next season after joining Adriatic League? Will you play a full schedule in Israeli league too and if so would that not be a lot of games?

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information