X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

According to Sport5.co.il

"Shawn James is the father of twins and want to stay & live in Israel"

??
    Why do he wants to live in Israel? Is he going to get Israeli passport since he has been in Israel for like 3 years with Bnei HaSharon?
    Is his wife or girlfriend Israeli? Or his kids born in Israel?

Maccabi Tel Aviv

EUROLEAGUE CHAMPIONSHIPS - 1977 & 1981 & 2001 & 2004 & 2005 & 2014
    Intercontinental Cup - 1980
    Adriatic League Championship - 2012

Comment

Originally posted by MaccabiTA View Post
      Well I'm just glad to see there's some progress (finally) after 2 seasons of hard work with you
      About Hendrix, Blu, Eliyahu and some other Maccabi player that you like to bash-they are role players. A team with medium-high budget can't have a 12-stars roster, and actually I don't think I'd want a 12-star team.
      Hendrix is a great player to bring energy when needed on court, a great rebounder and blocker and both these things are huge needs for this season's team as this short team lacks great rebounders and has pretty much no dominant shot blocker and Hendrix gives that alongside with great defense and unlike Sofo he can handle guards on defense and that makes Maccabi's defense much more flexible when he's on court.

Blu is one of the best three point shooters in the continent, has experience that not many other players have in the top levels and has grown to be a much more complete player, despite Pargo's phenomenal performance in the quarterfinals Blu was the most stable player and the one that brought the change. His threes were crucial for Maccabi especially in game 2 when he killed Caja Laboral's running attempts time after time and kept Maccabi close and in the game. And that's without talking about his great shot in Khimki and also he has an Israeli passport which makes him even more valuable in the Israeli league.

Eliyahu is probably one of the best offensive PF in the Euroleague, his shot is near unstoppable, he's quick and with Blatt he plays better defense. The fast line-up with him and Blu at the 4-5 have brought Maccabi 2 vital victories this season and was amazing whenever given a chance. In Ljubljana they came back from being down by 8 to win the game by 22 after winning the 2nd half by 30. In Vitoria after Sofo got fouled out they got back from 9 point deficit to a 2 point victory in 5 minutes, and all that is without even talking about his great top 16 with 71% from the field.

Burstein, a guy you really don't like and to be honest I'm not a big fan of him as well, but you say he's not a player for Maccabi's level. Sure he's no longer in the level to be a player with a big role in a team like Maccabi but he can surely have his minutes. A tall ballhandler, VERY experienced, handles the ball great and almost never turns the ball over. So yes, he's not the player of before the injuries and he's not built for a big role in Maccabi but I don't see why a player like him can't contribute 10 minutes in a team like Maccabi, especially in the league where his Israeli citizenship sure helps.

All these players aren't stars, that's not why they were brought here they were brought to have a certain role, to be a piece of the puzzle Blatt is building. I mean do you really think Bruce Bowen, one of the worst offensive players in the NBA history (if you take out his 3 point from the corner) is a bad player? Greg Popovich saw him as one of his most important players and with him he won 3 championships. Cuz he had a role in the team, he wasn't a star but he did what he was brought there to do and he did it great together with Duncan and later Parker and Ginobili that lead this team and many other great role players like Robert Horry that was brought from the Lakers etc. etc. these guys became one of the greatest teams in the last 20 years winning 3 championships in 5 years.
      Well said.

Comment

Originally posted by maccabeo View Post
        i guess there are u.s. players not good for europe. probably he is one of them
        He is only 23 or 24, give him time.

Comment

Maccabi has officially joined the Adriatic League:
          מועדון הכדורסל מכבי אלקטרה ת"א גאה לבשר כי החל מהעונת המשחקים הבאה, 2011/2012, תשתתף הקבוצה גם בליגה האדריאטית.
          Last edited by frodoborg; 05-26-2011, 08:34 PM.
          11th Commandment: You shall not say Maccabi is a mediocre team!

Comment

Originally posted by Czarkazem13 View Post
            He is only 23 or 24, give him time.
            23 years for an athlet is not so young anymore

Comment

23 years for an athlet is not so young anymore
              Not talking about Foote specifically (he might really not be not good enough for this level) but have you ever heard about the longer development of centers? He is not an athlete, he is a center. Centers are gaining muscles slower, they have to learn other things than guards and swingmen who are ready for higher levels much earlier.
              burnstein

Comment

So what's happening with Derrick Sharp for next year?
                Is he still going to be Maccabi Tel Aviv capitan or is he going move to Maccabi staff team?

Maccabi Tel Aviv

EUROLEAGUE CHAMPIONSHIPS - 1977 & 1981 & 2001 & 2004 & 2005 & 2014
                Intercontinental Cup - 1980
                Adriatic League Championship - 2012

Comment

Originally posted by [M-120] View Post
                  So what's happening with Derrick Sharp for next year?
                  Is he still going to be Maccabi Tel Aviv capitan or is he going move to Maccabi staff team?
                  Unknown, yet.
                  2022/2023:
                  PG: Brown, D-BA, Ziv
                  SG: Baldwin, Hollins
                  SF: Hillard, Pnini, Menco
                  PF: Martin, Colson, Cohen
                  PF: Nebo, Poyters, Sorkin

Comment

what i heard is that maccabi wants Derrick Sharp to become its second assistant coach, while he wants to play for one more season.........i'd make him stay, he deserve to retire lifting a EL crown..

so whats new at the rumours department?.........what happens with perkins?
                    and who the hell is this Schayer boy that i hear his name all season long? whats about bringing back Gal Mekel?
                    also, i'd kick out Tal Burstein, he's totally out of level..

and how they prepare themselves to the situation over the NBA? do they plan to leave aside an amount of money for a situation they can bring some mid-level NBA player?
                    coz in such situation, the EL will be packed of NBA player, so maybe its not such a good idea to close the roster so soon this summer! Maccabi might end up not making it to the top16..

Comment

Originally posted by goga78 View Post
                      Not talking about Foote specifically (he might really not be not good enough for this level) but have you ever heard about the longer development of centers? He is not an athlete, he is a center. Centers are gaining muscles slower, they have to learn other things than guards and swingmen who are ready for higher levels much earlier.
                      we were writing of s.james

Comment

we were writing of s.james
                        Are you sure? Better look again.
                        Anyway... So many guards are being brought in connection with Maccabi. Halperin, Scheyer, Carroll... and Sharp wants to play one more year. At the same time, two more guards are under contract, Perkins will be probably signed, too, while Eidson can also play guard.
                        burnstein

Comment

My guess Derrick won't play next season: Maccabi 3 times a week schedule would require full 12-man rotation, so there is no place for Sharp . Hope he will stay with the club as Shelef assistant or something.

Shawn James is great complement for Sofo , although he's not a classic center, more a PF. Blu , as rumored , is signed for 2 more years.

Now the only question mark is Eidson , who has mucho offers around Europe . Basically all big sharks need a SF : Barca, Real , Pao , Oly , CSKA ( if Siska won't stay ) I'm counting here on his wife , who sort of love being here.

What Maccabi needs is Yotam + quality combo-guard ( not too selfish & dominant to avoid Pargo & Eidson's production drops )

PG: Pargo , guard, Perkins
                          SG: Halperin, Burstein
                          SF : Eidson, Pnini
                          PF: Bluth, Macvan, Eliyahu
                          C: Sofo, James

Comment

I really like this Maccabi team. I think next year you'll be in the Final4 again.
                            Remember September 2003!!!

Comment

Just listened to Blatt's interview:

Next season there will be "NBA style" 12 +3 man roster to cope with three games a week. He promised to bring some quality Israelis ( I could think only of Grunfeld, Landsberg , Rothbart and maybe Ohayon )

A decision to play in Adriatic League is based on financial considerations only to ensure the current roster stays intact.

Comment

Originally posted by Billy Bounce View Post
                                Just listened to Blatt's interview:

Next season there will be "NBA style" 12 +3 man roster to cope with three games a week. He promised to bring some quality Israelis ( I could think only of Grunfeld, Landsberg , Rothbart and maybe Ohayon )

A decision to play in Adriatic League is based on financial considerations only to ensure the current roster stays intact.
                                Casspi? Halperin? Scheyer?
                                2022/2023:
                                PG: Brown, D-BA, Ziv
                                SG: Baldwin, Hollins
                                SF: Hillard, Pnini, Menco
                                PF: Martin, Colson, Cohen
                                PF: Nebo, Poyters, Sorkin

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information