Maccabi Electra Tel-Aviv - 2011/2012

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maccabi Electra Tel-Aviv - 2011/2012

Anybody wants to imagine - how Maccabi will look next season? Who's in, who's out? New players?

The updated roster (../../..):

PG: Theo Papaloukas, Jeremy Pargo*******, Jordan Farmar*****, Yogev Ohayon.

SG: Jon Scheyer, Doron Perkins***, Tal Burstein, Derrick Sharp*.

SF: Devin Smith, Guy Pnini.

PF: Lior Eliyahu, David Blu, Milan Macvan**, Elishay Kadir

C: Schortsanitis Sofoklis, Shawn James, Richard Hendrix**,Foote Jeff, Yaniv Green.

Head Coach: David Blatt

"Navy" - Signed.
    "Orange" - Option.
    "Red" - Free Agent.
    "Green" - On loan.

Rumors: Yotam Halperin, Shawn James - signed, Gustavo Ayon, Aaron Jackson, Coby Karl, Jeremy Richardson, Kelvin Rivers, Rawle Marshall, Jaycee Carroll, Pops Mensah-Bonsu, Jonas Valanciunas, Nikola Vujcic, Nemanja Nedovic, Jon Scheyer - signed, Yogev Ohayon - signed, Sylven Landesberg, Sammy Mejia, Curtis Jerrels, Moran Rot, Mickael Gelabale, Bastian Nachbar, Zabian Dowdell, Giorgi Shermadini, Marcus Williams, Devin Smith - signed, Jordan Farmar - signed, Will Bynum.

* - Sharp retired. Will become a second assistant coach.
    ** - One of the two: Hendrix or Macvan might be loaned next season.
    *** - Perkins is injured. The estimation: out till October/November. According to the lates news, he's not completely out of the picture.
    **** - Halperin has agreed terms with Maccabi, but was released due to his request, because of the tax issues.
    ***** - Jordan Farmar will play for Maccabi Electra Tel Aviv and will come back to the NBA when the strike will over.
    ****** - Jeremy Pargo has informed the team through his agent that he wishes to be released from the two-year contract. Maccabi intends to take all appropriate action to protect its rights in the matter.
    Last edited by frodoborg; 09-12-2011, 12:19 PM.
    11th Commandment: You shall not say Maccabi is a mediocre team!

Pargo has agreed terms with Maccabi, according to sports websites in Israel, and is close to sign for 2 years on 1m per year

Comment

Eidson is also closer, but let's wait for the official release.

Comment

1 i'm veruy afraid of pnini to oly
        2 what about halperin?

Comment

Originally posted by maccabeo View Post
          2 what about halperin?
          Not so long ago you considered Pnini as a player that doesn't belong in this level.. I guess you can change you mind :O IT'S ALIVE!

Comment

According to "one", Gustavu Ayon (Fuandelbrada) and Aron Jeckson (Bilbao) are candidate to MTA.

I saw Ayon few times in our live broadcasts in the "Charlton sport1", he was realy good.
            2022/2023:
            PG: Brown, D-BA, Ziv
            SG: Baldwin, Hollins
            SF: Hillard, Pnini, Menco
            PF: Martin, Colson, Cohen
            PF: Nebo, Poyters, Sorkin

Comment

Everyone just assumes Halperin will be released. But he gave an excellent 2nd half of the season, became one of the top Oly scorers, and I have serious doubts the Greeks will be in such a hurry to release him.

ONE publishes about Gustavo Ayon option. Not that I buy it, but a very intriguing idea, indeed. Ayon is a very good rebounder, and shot-blocker. Although, I think Shawn James is also not a very bad option.

Comment

2 what about halperin?
                I thought his agent thanked Oly but declined. Plus, I don't believe he is that high level of a player unless domestic.

Comment

Originally posted by MaccabiTA View Post
                  Not so long ago you considered Pnini as a player that doesn't belong in this level.. I guess you can change you mind :O IT'S ALIVE!
                  u are right friend
                  but i'd be stupid if i'd not consider how he grew up since last year
                  i have esyes , i dont use to say something just because of my ownm privat reality. actually pnini is another player comparing him last year . the day hendrix will get a real basketball player , believe me i'd underline him too
                  Last edited by maccabeo; 05-24-2011, 08:09 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Roy M View Post
                    According to "one", Gustavu Ayon (Fuandelbrada) and Aron Jeckson (Bilbao) are candidate to MTA.

I saw Ayon few times in our live broadcasts in the "Charlton sport1", he was realy good.
                    jaskosn is a bad copy of pargo. maybe they r thinking of him because of perkins unjury but in this case, to allow parto restore for some minutes, i'd chose a guard with different skill . a classic organizer player would be perfect to share time with pargo considering adriatic is ah harder league than winner league.
                    about ayon ,we sure needs centimeter, he could be the right man
                    is there anybody who knows something about foote this season?

Comment

i guess we can expect a busy summer-

the Adriatic league will force maccabi to build a large roster

hope some youngsters from megido get a shot

p.s. is anyone here interested in trading training videos?

Comment

u are right friend
                        but i'd be stupid if i'd not consider how he grew up since last year
                        i have esyes , i dont use to say something just because of my ownm privat reality. actually pnini is another player comparing him last year . the day hendrix will get a real basketball player , believe me i'd underline him too
                        Well I'm just glad to see there's some progress (finally) after 2 seasons of hard work with you
                        About Hendrix, Blu, Eliyahu and some other Maccabi player that you like to bash-they are role players. A team with medium-high budget can't have a 12-stars roster, and actually I don't think I'd want a 12-star team.
                        Hendrix is a great player to bring energy when needed on court, a great rebounder and blocker and both these things are huge needs for this season's team as this short team lacks great rebounders and has pretty much no dominant shot blocker and Hendrix gives that alongside with great defense and unlike Sofo he can handle guards on defense and that makes Maccabi's defense much more flexible when he's on court.

Blu is one of the best three point shooters in the continent, has experience that not many other players have in the top levels and has grown to be a much more complete player, despite Pargo's phenomenal performance in the quarterfinals Blu was the most stable player and the one that brought the change. His threes were crucial for Maccabi especially in game 2 when he killed Caja Laboral's running attempts time after time and kept Maccabi close and in the game. And that's without talking about his great shot in Khimki and also he has an Israeli passport which makes him even more valuable in the Israeli league.

Eliyahu is probably one of the best offensive PF in the Euroleague, his shot is near unstoppable, he's quick and with Blatt he plays better defense. The fast line-up with him and Blu at the 4-5 have brought Maccabi 2 vital victories this season and was amazing whenever given a chance. In Ljubljana they came back from being down by 8 to win the game by 22 after winning the 2nd half by 30. In Vitoria after Sofo got fouled out they got back from 9 point deficit to a 2 point victory in 5 minutes, and all that is without even talking about his great top 16 with 71% from the field.

Burstein, a guy you really don't like and to be honest I'm not a big fan of him as well, but you say he's not a player for Maccabi's level. Sure he's no longer in the level to be a player with a big role in a team like Maccabi but he can surely have his minutes. A tall ballhandler, VERY experienced, handles the ball great and almost never turns the ball over. So yes, he's not the player of before the injuries and he's not built for a big role in Maccabi but I don't see why a player like him can't contribute 10 minutes in a team like Maccabi, especially in the league where his Israeli citizenship sure helps.

All these players aren't stars, that's not why they were brought here they were brought to have a certain role, to be a piece of the puzzle Blatt is building. I mean do you really think Bruce Bowen, one of the worst offensive players in the NBA history (if you take out his 3 point from the corner) is a bad player? Greg Popovich saw him as one of his most important players and with him he won 3 championships. Cuz he had a role in the team, he wasn't a star but he did what he was brought there to do and he did it great together with Duncan and later Parker and Ginobili that lead this team and many other great role players like Robert Horry that was brought from the Lakers etc. etc. these guys became one of the greatest teams in the last 20 years winning 3 championships in 5 years.

Comment

jaskosn is a bad copy of pargo. maybe they r thinking of him because of perkins unjury but in this case, to allow parto restore for some minutes, i'd chose a guard with different skill . a classic organizer player would be perfect to share time with pargo considering adriatic is ah harder league than winner league.
                          about ayon ,we sure needs centimeter, he could be the right man
                          is there anybody who knows something about foote this season?
                          I'm not sure whether they will bring Foote back or not (because they didn't say anything official yet) but I'm pretty sure he's not built for this level. I mean he averaged 7.7points and 6.6rebounds in22minutes in the 2nd league in Spain, not very impressive if you ask me.

Comment

Well I'm just glad to see there's some progress (finally) after 2 seasons of hard work with you
                            About Hendrix, Blu, Eliyahu and some other Maccabi player that you like to bash-they are role players. A team with medium-high budget can't have a 12-stars roster, and actually I don't think I'd want a 12-star team.
                            Hendrix is a great player to bring energy when needed on court, a great rebounder and blocker and both these things are huge needs for this season's team as this short team lacks great rebounders and has pretty much no dominant shot blocker and Hendrix gives that alongside with great defense and unlike Sofo he can handle guards on defense and that makes Maccabi's defense much more flexible when he's on court.

Blu is one of the best three point shooters in the continent, has experience that not many other players have in the top levels and has grown to be a much more complete player, despite Pargo's phenomenal performance in the quarterfinals Blu was the most stable player and the one that brought the change. His threes were crucial for Maccabi especially in game 2 when he killed Caja Laboral's running attempts time after time and kept Maccabi close and in the game. And that's without talking about his great shot in Khimki and also he has an Israeli passport which makes him even more valuable in the Israeli league.

Eliyahu is probably one of the best offensive PF in the Euroleague, his shot is near unstoppable, he's quick and with Blatt he plays better defense. The fast line-up with him and Blu at the 4-5 have brought Maccabi 2 vital victories this season and was amazing whenever given a chance. In Ljubljana they came back from being down by 8 to win the game by 22 after winning the 2nd half by 30. In Vitoria after Sofo got fouled out they got back from 9 point deficit to a 2 point victory in 5 minutes, and all that is without even talking about his great top 16 with 71% from the field.

Burstein, a guy you really don't like and to be honest I'm not a big fan of him as well, but you say he's not a player for Maccabi's level. Sure he's no longer in the level to be a player with a big role in a team like Maccabi but he can surely have his minutes. A tall ballhandler, VERY experienced, handles the ball great and almost never turns the ball over. So yes, he's not the player of before the injuries and he's not built for a big role in Maccabi but I don't see why a player like him can't contribute 10 minutes in a team like Maccabi, especially in the league where his Israeli citizenship sure helps.

All these players aren't stars, that's not why they were brought here they were brought to have a certain role, to be a piece of the puzzle Blatt is building. I mean do you really think Bruce Bowen, one of the worst offensive players in the NBA history (if you take out his 3 point from the corner) is a bad player? Greg Popovich saw him as one of his most important players and with him he won 3 championships. Cuz he had a role in the team, he wasn't a star but he did what he was brought there to do and he did it great together with Duncan and later Parker and Ginobili that lead this team and many other great role players like Robert Horry that was brought from the Lakers etc. etc. these guys became one of the greatest teams in the last 20 years winning 3 championships in 5 years.
                            cm'on , even a team that has no great budget, can add better players than hendrix. i like blu i always liked him . remember him here in italy, he was great. to shoot, he is great. nothing more, but every team needs a pure shooter. ely, i never exteemed him a lot, but considering he is israeli, i accept him. differently, even if he is isreali, i never ,never added him . he is an ex player.sofo is great just for certain things, orrible for other things. he surely needs another c to allow him to rest
                            sure ,we have no star exept pargo but we have blatt. giving him a metter team, even if not a roster with 10 stars, we can stay a good levels. i always rememeber to all of u, that even if we get the final, blatt said this is a top 16 team. and i'm agree with him

Comment

I'm not sure whether they will bring Foote back or not (because they didn't say anything official yet) but I'm pretty sure he's not built for this level. I mean he averaged 7.7points and 6.6rebounds in22minutes in the 2nd league in Spain, not very impressive if you ask me.
                              i guess there are u.s. players not good for europe. probably he is one of them

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information