Davis Bertans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Davis Bertans

Union Olimpija Ljubljana's Davis Bertans is an NBA Draft hopeful and is projected to be a late first round pick. The Dallas Mavericks and Memphis Grizzlies have reportedly shown interest.

Most NBA scouts are fascinated by his shooting; the quick release yet accurate as Bertans shot over 50% from the beyond the arc last season for Olimpija Ljubljana.
    Sacramento Kings
    HERE WE STAY UNTIL THE COWBELLS COME HOME

He is a prospect, but it's way to early to say how he would do in NBA for anyone included. He'll get out of the draft, it's not even about testing his possibilities but more of making a name for himself and notifying scouts about his existance... this NBA draft is getting more and more like an old tribal ritual dance

I think he'll develop into a fine player based on a sole fact he isn't scared to make things on court (which is becoming a rare state of mind...)
    Depends a lot on a new coach but I'd expect the youth part of Olimpija: Salin, Murič and Bertrans being integrated within the standard team's rotations next season
    Originally posted by Jon_Koncak
    That's funny shit.I cant believe there are sports fans thinking like it.It's like Federer losing to random Japanese player in round 1 of French Open but tournament director stepping in and saying "hey it was a fluke win who wants to watch a random Japanese guy in next round,Federer qualifies"

Comment

He's great prospect. Can do a lot things on the court and tries very hard. If he could build his body well, then he should be NBA player in the future. However, it's still too soon for him.
      I'm on twitter

Comment

for those who have watch him what is his NBA skills?

Comment

great shooting for his size to mix with good overall skills

imo, i hope he isn't dumb to jump in nba before he becomes ready and become new korolev. way unready by expiriance and especially by his slowley maturing body
          Jordi Bertomeu sucks!

Comment

Drafted by the Indiana Pacers 42nd Overall and is reportedly to be traded to the San Antonio Spurs.
            Sacramento Kings
            HERE WE STAY UNTIL THE COWBELLS COME HOME

Comment

Originally posted by CKR13 View Post
              Drafted by the Indiana Pacers 42nd Overall and is reportedly to be traded to the San Antonio Spurs.
              He was promised a first round pick and that's why he stayed in the draft in the first place. This kid was the youngest player of the draft. He clearly got screwed by picking him in second round as 42 pick. In my opinion NBA won't be seeing this guy anytime soon. On other hand he got picked by Spurs which is a good thing for him on the long run, I guess.
              Last edited by elaj; 06-24-2011, 12:52 PM.

Comment

Finally after a serious injury Davis Bertans get in shape. In last 2 EL games he scored 20 and 17(+10 rebounds) points respectively.
                In general, now in Latvia is growing up very bright generation. Davis Bertans, Kaspars Vecvagars, Janis Berzins,Pasecniks,Janis Timma and one of the most promising european prospects - Kristaps Porzingis. With this young gang from Latvia soon for all european teams will be hard to play... Well done latvians. Seems like finally the program of development of youth basketball began to give serious result.

Comment

Davis Bertans is damn pretty good. I guess if Latvia would grab Porzingis and him to Eurobasket it wouldn't be too shabby of a frontcourt
                  Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
                  LTU NT will snatch Eurobasket 2029 title with this roster:

Jokubaitis, Marciulionis, Laurencikas
                  Indrusaitis, Brazdeikis, Rubstavicius
                  Buzelis, Lelevicius
                  Murauskas, Sirvydis
                  Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

Working...
                  X

Debug Information