Derrick Rose Admits NBA Players (Team USA) Use PEDs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Derrick Rose Admits NBA Players (Team USA) Use PEDs

Derrick Rose admitted that NBA players (Team USA) are doping.

Visit ESPN to get up-to-the-minute sports news coverage, scores, highlights and commentary for AFL, NRL, Rugby, Cricket, Football and more.

In the May 16th issue of ESPN the Magazine, on Page 50, Derrick Rose was asked:

“On a scale of 1 to 10, how big of an issue is illegal enhancing in the NBA?”

Derrick Rose: ”Seven. It’s huge, and I think we need a level playing field where nobody has that advantage over the next person.”

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

OK, so now all of us that have been saying over and over that NBA players (Team USA) are clearly, clearly, CLEARLY doping have been properly vindicated.

All of the Team USA and NBA defenders that KNOW that they dope, but keep making up the lie that they don't, are exposed.

Anyone that believes these guys are not doping is clearly only saying that to keep up this fake (steroid created) myth that American blacks are "athletically superior" to every other race.

Well..................guess what? It's over. It has come to an end. The NBA league MVP admitted they are doping.

Good luck in 2012 Team USA, because after this comes out May 16th, the other countries are going to demand that Team USA's immunity from failed drug tests is removed. They have had immunity from failing drug testing in FIBA and the Olympics since 1989, and now the other countries will demand this end.

And to all the NBA lovers that keep claiming Team USA gets tested......they have IMMUNITY from failed drug tests. And in the NBA competition itself, a US Congress investigation found that the NBA's own company does the testing, does not test for steroids, and that they do not ever allow any independent body to see the testing results.

The days of the fake steroid NBA and Team USA Basketball are about to come to an end, just like the fake MLB home run steroid era finally came to an end.

Good luck in 2012 Team USA, you are going to need it, BIG TIME.
    Last edited by FIBA Europe Basket; 05-13-2011, 06:06 PM.

Not having read the article (link seems broken, magazine not released yet), it's tough to say whether or not the players on Team USA are doping.

Should they be tested like all other FIBA athletes? Absolutely. I'm still not sure that they aren't, because I haven't seen any FIBA/WOC rules that say US athletes get special testing.

I am sure that there are some NBA players who are doping. How many, I have no idea. I don't know if the members of Team USA are doping, like you said. I wouldn't be shocked, just like I wouldn't be shocked if members of Team Greece or Team Ukraine are doping.
    "I really like the attitudes of eagles. They never give up. When they grab a fish or something else, they never let it go. It doesn't matter. In a book, they write they find a skeleton of [an] eagle and there is no fish. It means that the fish beat him and killed him, but he didn't let go." -- Donatas Motiejunas

Comment

I wonder how I knew FIBA Europe Basket posted this....

Comment

Originally posted by FIBA Europe Basket View Post
        Derrick Rose admitted that NBA players (Team USA) are doping.

Visit ESPN to get up-to-the-minute sports news coverage, scores, highlights and commentary for AFL, NRL, Rugby, Cricket, Football and more.

In over and over that NBA players (Team USA) are clearly, clearly, CLEARLY doping have been properly vindicated.

All of the doping is clearly only saying that to keep up this fake ( come to

Good luck in 2012 Team USA, you are going to need it, BIG TIME.
        Meh...Old news. You act like this is some huge revalation. I'd be more shocked if he said that doping wasn't a problem. I'm guessing the NBA has been taking under the radar measures to slowly rid the league of certain drugs while masking the magnitude of the problem. That's just my conjecture on what's happening. It seems strange to me that the guys who get caught doping are rarely ever superstars.

Comment

And in the NBA competition itself, a US Congress investigation found that the NBA's own company does the testing, does not test for steroids, and that they do not ever allow any independent body to see the testing results.
          Link?

Also can you explain why was OJ Mayo's suspended this year?
          aim low, score high

Comment

"Good luck in 2012 Team USA, because after this comes out May 16th, the other countries are going to demand that Team USA's immunity from failed drug tests is removed. They have had immunity from failing drug testing in FIBA and the Olympics since 1989, and now the other countries will demand this end.

And to all the NBA lovers that keep claiming Team USA gets tested......they have IMMUNITY from failed drug tests. And in the NBA competition itself, a US Congress investigation found that the NBA's own company does the testing, does not test for steroids, and that they do not ever allow any independent body to see the testing results."

Repeating and repeating outright lies makes it not true. How often are You quoting yourself with your own lies. NBA players follow the same procedure as every other Olympians, every IOC executive, everyone involved in this testing has confirmed this truth.

NBA Olympic Players to Get Random Tests
            STEPHEN WILSON AP Sports Writer
            Published 12:00 a.m., Wednesday, March 5, 2003

NBA players participating in the 2004 Athens Games will face the same drug testing procedures as other Olympic athletes under a global program endorsed by sports federations and more than 70 national governments Wednesday.

"There will be no differentiation between a team handball athlete and an NBA professional," said Terry Madden, chief executive officer of the U.S. Anti-Doping Agency.

The code establishes a single list of prohibited substances, ranging from steroids to stimulants to blood-boosting hormones. It also bans any form of genetic doping.

It calls for two-year suspensions for first serious drug violations and life bans for a second. Athletes failing drug tests at the Olympics or other competitions will automatically be disqualified and lose any medals.

The code upholds the Olympics' "strict liability" policy, meaning athletes are responsible for any banned substance in their body regardless of how it got there. Some flexibility is allowed for in in case of unintentional doping violations and exceptional circumstances.

As part of the plan, NBA players would face out-of-competition, random drug tests for the games starting July 1.

Under the system, which applies to athletes in all Olympic sports, drug testers can show up unannounced at a player's house at any time to ask for a sample.

"It's not anything I really have to worry about, myself," Seattle SuperSonics star Ray Allen said.

The NBA players' union had no comment Tuesday except to say it was reviewing the new policy.

U.S. players had to take random drug tests at training sites in Hawaii and Australia before the 2000 Sydney Olympics. NBA players also were subject to out-of-competition controls before last year's world championships.

USA Basketball, the national governing body, said this is the first time players will be eligible for testing so far before the games and away from the playing venues.

"It's something the USOC has encouraged and been pushing for," USA Basketball spokesman Craig Miller said. "It's a requirement."

The U.S. Olympic Committee, the White House Drug Control Policy Office and the U.S. Anti-Doping Agency back the new code."

Here a random not from the book "When the game was ours" by McMullan

"Perhaps the most surprising revelation to me was that Bird took oral steroids intermittently in the 1991-92 season due to his excruciating back pain. He stopped once he committed to the 1992 Olympics team, well in advance of the Barcelona games, but was still sufficiently concerned of lingering traces that he is quoted as saying that drug testing in Barcelona was "the most stressful part of the Olympics."

Few complaints about drug tests from Team USA
            Updated 7/4/2008 3:31 PM
            The dozen NBA players that comprise Team USA have been subject to unannounced testing for human growth hormone in recent months, screenings league and union officials voiced their opposition to earlier this year on Capitol Hill.
            "At the end of the day guys will do what they have to do," said Dallas Mavericks guard Jason Kidd, who will play in his second Olympics next month. "They will follow the rules because everyone is waiting for us to complain about it. I'm OK with it."

The U.S. Anti-Doping Agency, the independent organization responsible for testing Olympic athletes, implemented a blood test that screens for synthetic human growth hormone in the months leading up to the Summer Games, USADA chief operating officer Travis Tygart told USA TODAY. About 900 athletes in Beijing will undergo the same test, which didn't flag an athlete for HGH use when it was deployed at the last two Olympics.

Since the test is so expensive, Tygart said it's used sparingly to detect synthetic HGH. Kidd and other Beijing-bound athletes from the NBA, WNBA and MLS interviewed have only been asked to provide urine samples.

"It's a dramatic change from what they're accustomed to, but I don't think it's deterred any player from taking part in the Olympics," Tygart said.

Exactly how USADA goes about collecting samples and what it does with the results also doesn't always mesh with the NBA's testing policies. Take marijuana, for which a player can test positive three times before it would be made public via a five-game suspension under NBA rules.

USADA would immediately publicize the first positive test, which can lead to a suspension.

While the NBA isn't in favor of blood testing its players, officials may try to adopt certain aspects of USADA's "whereabouts program" that tracks an athlete's location for random tests when the current collective bargaining agreement expires after the 2010-11 season."
            Last edited by mvblair; 05-16-2011, 05:51 PM.

Comment

Oh a FIBA Euro thread. Must be a non-issue.
              If there is no basketball in heaven, i am NOT going.

SMALLBALL, bitches..

Comment

Comment

cool story bro!
                  you know why I am happy

Comment

Rose does not recall saying NBA has steroid issue

MIAMI (AP)—Chicago guard and reigning NBA MVP Derrick Rose says he does not recall telling ESPN the Magazine that the league has a steroid problem.

The magazine’s May 16 issue has a quote it attributes to Rose, in which he was quoted as saying the NBA has a “huge” problem and needs “a level playing field.”

Before Game 3 of the Eastern Conference finals Sunday night against Miami, Rose issued a statement through the Bulls saying he does not even recall being asked about the topic. He adds that if he was asked about performance-enhancing drug use, he “clearly misunderstood” the question.

Rose says, “Let me be clear, I do not believe there is a performance-enhancing drug problem in the NBA.”
                    -yahoo!sports
                    Sacramento Kings
                    HERE WE STAY UNTIL THE COWBELLS COME HOME

Comment

“No. I just don’t think there is [a steroid problem in the NBA],” Wade said. “It’s nothing I’ve ever experienced in basketball. Never seen it. It’s nothing that I think takes place.”
                      Not saying I believe what Wade says, but where is FIBA Europe Basket when you need him?
                      aim low, score high

Comment

Originally posted by sinobball View Post
                        Not saying I believe what Wade says, but where is FIBA Europe Basket when you need him?

Comment

i hope it is not true

Comment

I can almost garuntee that half of the american athletes at the Olympics use doping. I know for a fact that Phelps does. With the technology today, it's simple to create undetectable doping methods. With all the money these athletes have. It's easily accessible aswell. It's a joke. I hope they get exposed one day.

Comment

Originally posted by DelijaZauvjek View Post
                              I can almost garuntee that half of the american athletes at the Olympics use doping. I know for a fact that Phelps does. With the technology today, it's simple to create undetectable doping methods. With all the money these athletes have. It's easily accessible aswell. It's a joke. I hope they get exposed one day.
                              How do you know for a fact that Phelps does? Are you his supplier or something? Half the American athletes, really?

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information