Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Basketball Tattoos

Default Basketball Tattoos

Basketball and tattoos go together. We have basketball players who are renowned for their tattoos.

This thread is for two things.

1. Basketball players with tattoos
    2. Tattoos about basketball

The inspiration for this thread was the tattoos that Utah Jazz forward Andrei Kirilenko revealed that takes up his entire back, it is claimed to be very frightening.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/blog/bal...urn=nba-wp2886

What do you think of his new tattoo which is creating all this dicussion. A big majority of players have tattoos, but this seems excessive to me.

Here are 10 worst tattoos according to The Sports Geeks

http://thesportsgeeks.com/2009/05/27...t-nba-tattoos/

1. Kenyon Martin
    2. Chris Adersen
    3. Stephen Marbury
    4. Robert Swift
    5. Stephen Jackson
    6. Rasheed Wallace
    7. DeShawn Stevenson
    8. Brad Miller
    9. Mike Bibby
    10. Luke Walton

You might agree to disagree

Die Liebe wird eine Krankheit, wenn man sie als eine Heilung sieht
    Artificial Nature

Quote Originally Posted by worldbasketball View Post
    The inspiration for this thread was the tattoos that Utah Jazz forward Andrei Kirilenko revealed that takes up his entire back, it is claimed to be very frightening.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/blog/bal...urn=nba-wp2886

What do you think of his new tattoo which is creating all this dicussion. A big majority of players have tattoos, but this seems excessive to me.
    Interesting how much money WOW payed to AK47 for this one. I red in Lithuanian press that AK once while played in CSKA played WOW for 36 hours during his day offs. The problem is that Kirilenko joined the Utah Jazz in 2001.

The game was released on November 23, 2004, on the 10th anniversary of the Warcraft franchise.

Nothing compared to the meantioned at the topic above, but did you know, also Ricky made a tattoo during this season:
    http://img716.imageshack.us/img716/5...2e50f86dc1.jpg ?

Quote Originally Posted by ip84 View Post
    Nothing compared to the meantioned at the topic above, but did you know, also Ricky made a tattoo during this season:
    http://img716.imageshack.us/img716/5...2e50f86dc1.jpg ?
    It means "friend".

Why would WOW pay for a tattoo on the back Speaking of which Yao Ming is also addicted to that game, at least before his marriage.

Kenyon Martin is the worst not because of that tat on his neck but because of the one on his arm!!!
    From EhloMint: Kenyon, what does that big chinese tattoo on your arm mean?
    Kenyon Martin: Never satisfied.
    In his new book, Rockets center Yao Ming translates the Chinese script tattoos of Nuggets forward Kenyon Martin. "His letters mean, 'Not aggressive' or 'indecisive.' " Yao writes. "Anyone who has seen Kenyon play knows he isn't like that."
    aim low, score high

Quote Originally Posted by sinobball View Post
    Why would WOW pay for a tattoo on the back Speaking of which Yao Ming is also addicted to that game, at least before his marriage.
    Hah, hah!!
    Kenyon Martin is the worst not because of that tat on his neck but because of the one on his arm!!!
    That story is hilarious.

Martin used to have red lips tattooed on his neck. He apparently had more tattoos put over the red lips as a way to cover it up.

David Stern Thinks Tattoo Phase Will Pas - January 1, 2011, The Big Lead

The NBA commish spoke to Jason Whitlock – who really is in love with this NBA this year; he’s written more about two months of hoops than he did the entire college football season – and we found this response to question about tattoos very father-like. “It used to be afros and earrings and a whole lot of other things that were just expressions were viewed as something that was not desirable. And we stood back and said, ‘Come on, let’s relax.’ So you and your anti-tattoo thing, I say, relax, this too shall pass.” I’d like to hear reaction from Birdman Anderson or DeShawn Stevenson.

And now its the turn of Monta Ellis of Golden State Warriors

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/blog/bal...urn=nba-wp3721

He was introduced to the artist through the Phoenix Suns Matt Barnes, an avid tattoo player also

http://www.azcentral.com/sports/suns...es0930-CP.html

Apparently Jason Terry got a tattoo of the championship trophy before the beginning of this season
    I guess he's playing his a$$ off so he doesn't look like a schmuck if he never wins that championship

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/blog/bal...urn=nba-wp3909

Deshawn Stevenson's Abraham Lincoln Tattoo

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/blog/bal...urn=nba-wp5288

isn't Shawn Marion the one that got tattoo in chinese letters something that says Demon chicken Mothballs?
    ABUSADOR !!!, ABUSADOR !!!, ABUSADOR !!!, ABUSADOR !!!, ABUSADOR !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ciscorlie Horford View Post
    isn't Shawn Marion the one that got tattoo in chinese letters something that says Demon chicken Mothballs?
    Fairly close, literally "Demon, Bird, Camphor Tree"

If you are really interested in the details, the reasoning here is these three characters CAN BE pronounced by Japanese people as "Mo-tori-kusu" (Japanese way of pronouncing "Ma-tri-x"). Bue the Japanese also do not use the Chinese characters 魔鳥樟 for the word "matrix", they use the kana writing マトリックス (motorikusu). If anything, the meaning of 魔鳥樟 is the same in Japanese as in Chinese, they are Chinese characters after all.

The lesson here, if you want ink in Chinese characters, don't go to a Japanese tattoo artist
    aim low, score high

I read the Chris Paul does not have a tattoo and his reason is "My Parents Would Kill Me".

Anyways, Best NBA Players without Tattoos:

Dirk Nowitzki
    Dwyane Wade
    Yao Ming
    Dwight Howard
    Ray Allen
    Chris Bosh
    Chris Paul
    Manu Ginobli
    Pau Gasol
    Last edited by CKR13; 06-23-2011 at 04:14 AM.
    Sacramento Kings
    HERE WE STAY UNTIL THE COWBELLS COME HOME

Quote Originally Posted by sinobball View Post
    The lesson here, if you want ink in Chinese characters, don't go to a Japanese tattoo artist
    The same is true in Arabic. People get great Arabic calligraphy tattoos on basis that its beautiful, and it is... but they get tattoos written in reverse as the tattoo artist possibly ignores that Arabic is written from right to left.

So are getting these "wrong" left to right Arabic tattoos which is laughingly incorrect. And the problem is its permenant and very difficult to change later on.

So if you want an Arabic calligraphy as tattoo, go to someone who knows Arabic not to a general tattoo artist...

Kevin Durant has impeccable taste as far as tattoos go.

Here after a game

Chris Bosh seems quite bored during the lock out so check out the tattoo that he managed to get over the summer

Lol looks like he fell deep in the dark after the finals
    Die Liebe wird eine Krankheit, wenn man sie als eine Heilung sieht
    Artificial Nature

Quote Originally Posted by rikhardur View Post
    Lol looks like he fell deep in the dark after the finals
    Hah, hah!! Yeah, there's like a yawning tiger, a couple of ghost people, a dying tree, a woman with a skull...
    "I really like the attitudes of eagles. They never give up. When they grab a fish or something else, they never let it go. It doesn't matter. In a book, they write they find a skeleton of [an] eagle and there is no fish. It means that the fish beat him and killed him, but he didn't let go." -- Donatas Motiejunas

Quote Originally Posted by worldbasketball View Post
    The same is true in Arabic. People get great Arabic calligraphy tattoos on basis that its beautiful, and it is... but they get tattoos written in reverse as the tattoo artist possibly ignores that Arabic is written from right to left.

So are getting these "wrong" left to right Arabic tattoos which is laughingly incorrect. And the problem is its permenant and very difficult to change later on.

So if you want an Arabic calligraphy as tattoo, go to someone who knows Arabic not to a general tattoo artist...

I had friends show me their "arabic" written tattoos a few times, but i never told them that it was backwards. They think what they got was legit.

One time i saw one written right to left, but her name was hara, and some reason the tattoo artist decided to add a large dot on top of the h sound and made it khara.. i just thought that was way too funny.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast