Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

if usa invite all the talent into nt , can they win wc ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I didnt say Wade was a PG..when I stated Kidd and Wade are better than Lebron i meant one is better than Lebron in the SG position(wade is better sorry) and at the PG position(Kidd is a better passer and game handler).

And I totaly not agree with you...Arnold and Parker and many other americans that were in the NBA adopted to the europen style...
    Which means with the right coach and the right staff that understand the international Play things can turn around for the US.

True that NBA makes them adopet the 1-1 ego trip style...rather than Team Play but you dont realy have to change all the NBA league to make an ameircan team work toghter...a coach and staff for NT and the right training can fix these things.

And it is a huge job but if you dont change the way the play and teach them the international rulez and group play, how would you make them a force they can be again?

Comment

The USA premiere big man are not participating. Guys like Shaq,Duncan and KG. I remember that 1992 Dream team. They were stacked inside,with David Robinson 7-1, Patrick Ewing 7-1 ,plus you had Karl Malone,and Barkley. The best USA team would probably be

C Shaq
      PF Duncan
      SF Kobe
      G Ray Allen
      G Wade

Garnett,Carmelo,Hinrich,Bosh,Lebron ,Michael redd,Chauncey billups off the bench. You would have a dominant inside game,plus great outside shooting.
      GO Up Strong
      increase vertical jump 12 inches

Comment

Originally posted by Kobe24
        The USA premiere big man are not participating. Guys like Shaq,Duncan and KG. I remember that 1992 Dream team. They were stacked inside,with David Robinson 7-1, Patrick Ewing 7-1 ,plus you had Karl Malone,and Barkley. The best USA team would probably be

C Shaq
        PF Duncan
        SF Kobe
        G Ray Allen
        G Wade

Garnett,Carmelo,Hinrich,Bosh,Lebron ,Michael redd,Chauncey billups off the bench. You would have a dominant inside game,plus great outside shooting.
        i dont think so , even if kobe score 81 point , if they dont play like a team , they are no better than the usa team in the japan WC .
        faith in PAOK 06-07
        PAOK WILL WIN!!!!!!WAIT assoyo JOIN!!!!!!!

Comment

Nba playoffs, NBA leagues...another proff for the US over rated ego is the fact barce have won there game against the 76'rs which means all NBA teams can be beaten, and the fact that for the last 8 years the NBA and American basketball have achived 0 i'd say there are far from what people make them to be.

now people will say not many stars weak team, like they did when there dream team lost and started saying if shaq if this...

end result the rest of the world won against the us once again in basketball.

Comment

Originally posted by Phantim3dx
            the competition of basketball globally has significantly climbed the ladder.
            That's the point imo. Many facts support that and a clear one is the ongoing signing of non-US players by NBA teams in recent years and most importantly players that make the difference.
            Die Liebe wird eine Krankheit, wenn man sie als eine Heilung sieht
            Artificial Nature

Comment

Everybody's missing 1 fundemental point

Quote 'if U.S.A invite all talent ect..'
              It's not about inviting, they don't want to play.
              An old saying from my country in sports is "U PLAY FOR THE JERSEY" or the strip, for all u international crowd who might not know what jersey is.
              Those guys who don't want to play for the U.S think they are above the international competition and that is shameful and disrespecting to all international athletes in any sport.
              So as far as i am concerned u can only play who is in front of u and hard fact state that the U.S have not won any competitions for a while.
              So forget if's and but's and look at hard facts...

Comment

Originally posted by HIGHLANDER
                Quote 'if U.S.A invite all talent ect..'
                It's not about inviting, they don't want to play.
                An old saying from my country in sports is "U PLAY FOR THE JERSEY" or the strip, for all u international crowd who might not know what jersey is.
                Those guys who don't want to play for the U.S think they are above the international competition and that is shameful and disrespecting to all international athletes in any sport.
                So as far as i am concerned u can only play who is in front of u and hard fact state that the U.S have not won any competitions for a while.
                So forget if's and but's and look at hard facts...
                Hmmm

Maybe they don't consider themselves American in the patriotic sense. If that were the case, is or is not the U.S. fielding their best team?

Comment

Originally posted by Waneko
                  Hmmm

Maybe they don't consider themselves American in the patriotic sense. If that were the case, is or is not the U.S. fielding their best team?
                  The answer to this "why the US team didn't field their best players?" is very simple, FAME and MONEY... By saying best team you mean to say the "star" players? Fielding an all-star team doesn't necessarily mean a championship.
                  Good players or effective players are those who need not take hold of the ball and show his dribbling wizardry before taking a shot.

Carmelo, Dwayne, Lebron they're just a bunch of Jordan wannabes... They thought that athleticism can give them the gold. Think again..

Comment

Originally posted by ros
                    The answer to this "why the US team didn't field their best players?" is very simple, FAME and MONEY... By saying best team you mean to say the "star" players? Fielding an all-star team doesn't necessarily mean a championship.
                    Good players or effective players are those who need not take hold of the ball and show his dribbling wizardry before taking a shot.

Carmelo, Dwayne, Lebron they're just a bunch of Jordan wannabes... They thought that athleticism can give them the gold. Think again..

yeah i agree there all jordan wanna be's cuz there are only 2 mj's, michael jordan and magic johnson.

but dribbling wont do it either. in fact dribbling is the last thing they need, they needed better passing and should have done less iso when they were on there end set up for the offensive play. not to mention they needed to hit those free throws better.
                    "A nationality that easily feels wronged is an insecure one, and one that will be difficult to progress."-Anonymous

Comment

Jordans comments on Eurosport

Jordans comments on the Eurosport website hits the nail on the head

Comment

Originally posted by HIGHLANDER
                        Jordans comments on the Eurosport website hits the nail on the head
                        Got the link and posted a new thread about it, so discuss away
                        Last edited by Phantim3dx; 10-19-2006, 09:19 PM.
                        "A nationality that easily feels wronged is an insecure one, and one that will be difficult to progress."-Anonymous

Comment

I think it's less a matter of chemistry and much more about our PGs. The US can put out an amazing roster of talent, but if they don't have TOP-NOTCH distributors on the team, it doesn't matter. There's no way the US team should EVER be giving the ball to Carmelo on the perimeter, having him go one-on-one against his defender and pull up for a long jump shot. They should be able to get much better shots than that.

Guys like Deron Williams and Chris Paul are the future at PG for the Americans.

Comment

my reply to the topic

NO
                            1st in IBN 2018-2019
                            2nd in IBN 2016-2017
                            2nd in IBN 2015-2016
                            1st in IBN 2014-2015
                            2nd in IBN 2013-2014
                            2nd in IBN 2012-2013
                            2nd in IBN 2010-2011
                            3nd in IBN 2009-2010
                            1st in IBN 2008-2009
                            2nd in IBN 2007-2008

If you love player and team comparisons, please join me in my channels
                            https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIT...JLx5BerQtam9_A
                            https://www.facebook.com/sport.rankings.10
                            @RankingsSport

Comment

Originally posted by mavs128
                              I think it's less a matter of chemistry and much more about our PGs. The US can put out an amazing roster of talent, but if they don't have TOP-NOTCH distributors on the team, it doesn't matter. There's no way the US team should EVER be giving the ball to Carmelo on the perimeter, having him go one-on-one against his defender and pull up for a long jump shot. They should be able to get much better shots than that.

Guys like Deron Williams and Chris Paul are the future at PG for the Americans.

Is what you are talking about here not what chemistry is?

Comment

1. it's not the talent
                                talent is undisputable.
                                Discussions "if bringing" that star and that star are useless since it's turning attention away from the real problem of american basketball.

2. it's not the chemistry

3. it's Stern turning NBA into Jersey selling company, with "star" system that is right now by far surpassed by other countries with actual teamplay.
                                Changing mentality of game for one single tournament obviously won't work. NBA changing in the short term won't happen either.
                                Originally posted by Jon_Koncak
                                That's funny shit.I cant believe there are sports fans thinking like it.It's like Federer losing to random Japanese player in round 1 of French Open but tournament director stepping in and saying "hey it was a fluke win who wants to watch a random Japanese guy in next round,Federer qualifies"

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information