The next Brandon Jennings?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The next Brandon Jennings?

We all know how some guy named Tyler played in Israel...but this kid here has some nice ball-handling skills. Maybe he won't see a lot of minutes, but the money and to have Roma in your resumee (instead of some mid-major school) don't hurt.

Baltimore native Aquille Carr, a 5-6 point guard who many consider the top player in the class of 2013, traveled to Milan, Italy a couple of weeks ago to

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

I from Wisconsin!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ca6O8FR0rbQ

TO SYNTHESIZER WE ARE A BIG TEAM

What about Jamine Peterson? He only played 4 games in Greece but he's draft eligible this year. Of course he played NCAA ball.
    aim low, score high

Comment

Originally posted by sinobball View Post
      What about Jamine Peterson? He only played 4 games in Greece but he's draft eligible this year. Of course he played NCAA ball.

Peterson went to Europe not straight out of high school, so I don't see him in the same light as he is slightly older than the rest (Jennings, Tyler and Carr).

I from Wisconsin!

Comment

I watched Carr's highlights damn this guy has mad dribbling skillz. But at just 5'6'' and no Nate-Robinson-esque hops it's hard to imagine him making the NBA in the future. He should take the money and go to Europe may be he can carve out a career out there.
        aim low, score high

Comment

Strange story. He's a fun player and a huge fan favorite in Baltimore but he's still a 5'6" gunner. Team was favored to win the Maryland state championship this year but he shot 9-32 in the final and they lost.

Here's the tournament he played in Italy:

His stats by game:

vs. BBA Lissone, 8-18 FG, 19 pts
          vs. KK Kukaricki Belgrade, 9-28 FG, 27 pts
          vs. Endesa Tenerife, 12-18 FG, 30 pts
          vs. KK Rijeka, 15-32 FG, 40 pts
          vs. Rimini, 1-7 FG, 2 pts

He didn't win MVP (that went to his teammate and Baltimore city rival, Daquan Cook), or "best scorer" (some Czech guy). And did he get benched in the final?

Hard to believe this is true IMO.
          Last edited by JGX; 05-10-2011, 11:40 PM.
          Originally posted by Fedfan
          Most ppl get childish when they lose.
          Originally posted by GuTO
          refs in games of Spain walks with literally poop in his pants afraid of the Spanish players

Comment

From what I read Virtus Roma offered a $750,000 contract to Carr. I think Carr caught the eye of Italian scouts or moreover team representatives from Virtus Roma when Carr lead a US Team selection to a first place finish at a tournament in Milan last April.
            Sacramento Kings
            HERE WE STAY UNTIL THE COWBELLS COME HOME

Comment

Originally posted by CKR13 View Post
              From what I read Virtus Roma offered a $750,000 contract to Carr. I think Carr caught the eye of Italian scouts or moreover team representatives from Virtus Roma when Carr lead a US Team selection to a first place finish at a tournament in Milan last April.
              I also read the same on Rivals but apparently this is not true as mentioned by our friend l'emigrante who posted the below to my link regarding Carr...

Originally posted by l'emigrante View Post

Comment

Unsurprisingly Carr is still in Baltimore but he does have a cool nickname:

The feature game of the MLK Hoopfest Showcase matches Gonzaga against Maryland 4A finalist Patterson, led by rising junior guard Aquille Carr. Just 5 feet 7, Carr plays much larger and goes by the nickname Crime Stopper – because when he plays, everyone comes to watch and crime stops.
                refs in games of Spain walks with literally poop in his pants afraid of the Spanish players

Comment

Originally posted by JGX View Post
                  Unsurprisingly Carr is still in Baltimore but he does have a cool nickname:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/...luHJ_blog.html
                  He should work on making that his official name and team up with Metta World Peace and spread love across planet Earth

Comment

Originally posted by Khalid80 View Post
                    He should work on making that his official name and team up with Metta World Peace and spread love across planet Earth
                    That would hilarious!
                    I'm on twitter

Comment

Good article about the Crime Stopper, although they uncritically pass on the story about the Italian contract offer:

Aquille Carr acquired that brilliant nickname because, as legend has it, all the dealers, hustlers and assorted knuckleheads in east Baltimore shut down business for those two hours every time Patterson has a game.

“Ain’t no flashing lights,” Tammy Carr says, “until after the game.”

“Ain’t no way you’re going to try to go kill somebody or rob somebody when Patterson’s playing,” Aquille says. “Naw. They’re coming to see the show first.”

Rodney Coffield, an 18-year veteran of the Baltimore Police Department, who until this year doubled as the head coach at the city’s Douglass High, provides confirmation that the legend of the Crimestopper is rooted in truth.

“All your gangbangers, your drug dealers, people out robbing in the community, all the so-called big G’s — those guys are going to be in there, just to make sure they see this kid play,” Coffield says. “And believe me, there’s money [being gambled] on it — how many points [Carr] scores, stuff like that.”

Comment

This guy(Aquille Carr) is a future basketball superstar in the NBA
                        with his small size he can dominate bigger opponents
                        sigpicNEVER SAY DIE PILIPINAS!

Comment

Originally posted by sinobball View Post
                          I watched Carr's highlights damn this guy has mad dribbling skillz. But at just 5'6'' and no Nate-Robinson-esque hops it's hard to imagine him making the NBA in the future. He should take the money and go to Europe may be he can carve out a career out there.
                          I have to agree with Sinobball here.............Carr can really handle but doesn't look explosive enough to be effective in the NBA. He's not going to be able to get those "throw his body into the big man, double pump" shots past an NBA big.

Sure is fun to watch though. And he still has the best nickname in the business.

Comment

Guess that's it with his career.

I from Wisconsin!

Comment

Originally posted by Mojado View Post
                              Lol! I thought his nickname was "crimestopper" but that doesn't seem the case

I guess we need to fear sports players who nicknames make them sound like they're innocent good people like "Metta World Peace" and "Crime Stopper"

Apparently he also scored 56 points at a summer event right after he got arrested
                              Aquille Carr, the Allen Iverson-esque rising senior point guard who made waves at age 16 when he became the first American teenager to receive an offer to play professionally in Europe before graduating from an American high school, was arrested and held in jail on Saturday on charges of domestic battery against the mother of his daughter. Hours later, the prep superstar scored an astounding 56 points at a summer showcase, proving just how much he and college basketball may be standing to lose if the allegations against him are found to be true. Continue reading

And this is his latest clip just posted yesterday on Hoops Mix Tape
                              Last edited by Khalid80; 08-22-2012, 06:23 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information