South Korea National Team 2011

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• South Korea National Team 2011

The Korean Basketball Association has appointed KCC Egis coach Hur Jae as the coach of the Men's National Team to compete in the coming FIBA Asia Olympic Qualifiers in Wuhan, China. Assisting Hur will be former Daegu Orions coach Yi Hun-Jae.
    Sacramento Kings
    HERE WE STAY UNTIL THE COWBELLS COME HOME

Also the 24 player pool for the National Team will be named next week.
    Sacramento Kings

Comment

wow Hur Jae, my favorite Asian (non Pinoy) player of all time, got his second chance.

Comment

Player Pool

The player pool was announced by Head coach Hur Jae for the National Team.

Guards

Kang Byung Hyun (KCC Egis)
        Kim Seung Hyun (Daegu Orions)
        Park Chan Hee (Anyang KGC)
        Yang Dong Geun (Ulsan Mobis Phoebus)
        Lim Jae Hyun (KCC Egis)
        Jon Tae-Pong (KCC Egis)
        Jung Young-Sam (Incheon ET Land Elephants)
        Cho Seong-Min (Sonicboom Busan KT)

Forwards

Ki Seung Ho (Changwon LG Sakers)
        Kim Dong Wok (Ulsan Mobis Phoebus)
        Kim Yong Hwan (Sonicboom Busan KT)
        Park Sang Oh (Sonicboom Busan KT)
        Yang Hee-Jong (Anyang KGC)
        Jeon Jeong-Gyu (Incheon ET Land Elephants)
        Heo Il-Young (Daegu Orions)

Centers

Kim Seung Won (Yonsei University)
        Kim Joo-Sung (Wonju Dongbu Promy)
        Oh Sakeun (Anyang KGC)
        Lee Dong Jun (Daegu Orions)
        Lee Seung Jun (Seoul Samsung Thunder)
        Ha Seung Jin (KCC Egis)
        Last edited by CKR13; 06-10-2011, 09:42 AM.
        Sacramento Kings

Comment

Late additions to the player pool are:

Lee Jung Hyun (Anyang KGC)
          Kim Jong-Kyu (Kyung Hee University)
          Sacramento Kings

Comment

2011 South Korea Men's National Basketball Team Roster for FIBA East Championships

Head coach Hur Jae had announced the 12 Man roster for the coming FIBA East Asia Championships.

Guards

Kang Byung Hyun (KCC Egis)
            Kim Seung Hyun (Daegu Orions)
            Park Chan Hee (Anyang KGC)
            Lee Jung-Suk (Samsung Thunder)
            Yang Dong Geun (Ulsan Mobis Phoebus)
            Cho Seong-Min (Sonicboom Busan KT)

Forwards

Kim Yong Hwan (Sonicboom Busan KT)
            Yang Hee-Jong (Anyang KGC)

Centers

Kim Seung Won (Yonsei University)
            Kim Jong-Kyu (Kyung Hee University)
            Oh Sakeun (Anyang KGC)
            Lee Seung Jun (Samsung Thunder)

Despite having only two classified forwards in KYH and YHJ, (both are small forwards) centers like OS and LSJ can slide down into the power forward position.
            Last edited by CKR13; 06-10-2011, 09:43 AM.
            Sacramento Kings

Comment

Lee Seung Jun: Playing in the London Olympics will be a dream come true
              Sacramento Kings

Comment

National Team center Kim Jong-Gyu had a double double game of 35 points, 16 rebounds and 3 assists for Kyung-Hee University as Kyung-Hee downs DanKwok University 102-69.

Sacramento Kings

Comment

Hur Jae's Challenge away from the KBL

Hur Jae ready for off-season journey
                  Egis coach to lead national team in Olympics quest

The first time Jeonju KCC Egis head coach Hur Jae guided the Korean national team in international competition back in 2009, things didn’t go so well.

Korea finished 7th at the 2009 FIBA Asia Basketball Championship, its worst showing in tournament history.

But having led his Egis to its second KBL title this year - the first came under Hur in the 2008-2009 season - Hur was again named the national team’s coach last Tuesday and will be looking for a better result this time around, even a 2012 Olympics berth, no matter how unlikely.

“I am really pressured because I failed two years ago,” Hur said to Ilgan Sports, the JoongAng Ilbo’s daily sports newspaper.

“But I will examine the reason why my team failed and capture the Olympic ticket to London. I really want to do well this time.”

But to earn a pass to the 2012 Olympics, Hur will have to guide his team through a tight gauntlet of a schedule - his busiest off-season coaching schedule since he started as coach in 2005, he says - until September, when the domestic league starts up again and he has to continue coaching the Egis.

Hur already announced the 12-man roster for the East Asia Basketball Championship next month in Nanjing, China.

And if Korea finishes fourth or better, the team will earn a berth at the FIBA Asia Basketball Championship in September.

But before that, Hur will enter his team in the William Jones Cup in Taiwan to get them ready for the heavyweights they’ll face at the FIBA event in Wuhan, China.

Only the winner of the FIBA Asia Basketball Championship gets a ticket to London.

The 42-year-old coach only got a short break after the KBL season ended about a month ago before taking the helm of the national team.

But he did get what most would consider “rest” - greeting fans and friends, spending time with family and even watching Kim Yu-na’s performances two weeks ago.

“After the final series, I was busy saying thank you to all the people I know,” Hur said. “But I was never tired, it felt like I ate wild ginseng [for my energy].”

Good thing then that Hur feels energetic, even during rest, because after September, Hur will end his duties as national team coach and immediately head back to Jeonju to work with the Egis just 20 days before the next KBL season begins.

And when the season starts, he may end up working until next April.

“[I know] it’s not easy to coach both the national team and my professional team,” Hur said. “I think I will miss most of the Egis’ preseason training.”

But Hur is confident he can do both jobs well, acknowledging that his long off-season journey has just begun.

“This is the beginning, I will not have time to rest for a year,” Hur said. “I am concerned, but I can’t turn back now.”
                  -JoongAng Daily
                  Sacramento Kings

Comment

Originally posted by CKR13 View Post
                    National Team center Kim Jong-Gyu had a double double game of 35 points, 16 rebounds and 3 assists for Kyung-Hee University as Kyung-Hee downs DanKwok University 102-69.
                    I've watched his clips on youtube (all posted by basketkorea) and this is a very good prospect (really fast and mobile for a 6'10'' player; can shoot the 3's too). Just needs to get stronger and learn some post moves.
                    aim low, score high

Comment

Today, the Korean Basketball Association, South Korea's Basketball Federation, have announced that the South Korean National Team will participate in this year's Jones Cup held annually in Taiwan.

Also, trips abroad are being scheduled (tentatively) from July, August and early September as for the build up for the Olympic Qualifying Tournament.
                      Sacramento Kings

Comment

Yang Dong-Geun was named team captain for South Korea.

Also, new KBL governor Han Sung-Kyo has been visiting the National Team scrimmages with Anyang KGC & Korea University.
                        Sacramento Kings

Comment

This team is a one of the contenders in the 2011 fiba asia cup
                          sigpicNEVER SAY DIE PILIPINAS!

Comment

definitely

Comment

Next training camp is scheduled in July 4, 2011. Centers Ha Seung Jin and Kim Joo Sung will re-join the pool and practice for the first time.
                              Sacramento Kings

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information