Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Interestingly enough, his name is not spelt right

The correct pronunciation of the name:

Usama or Ousama NOT Osama with an O which is not even Arabic. Arabic alphabet and language doesn't have O
    Ben or even 'bn NOT Bin
    Laaden or Lāden NOT Laden or Ladin

The full name also includes being son of Mohamed (again spelt wrongly, the correct prunuciation Muhammad -- remember Arabic doesn't have an "o") son of Awad

The full name would thus be:

Usāmah ben Muḥammad ben ʿAwaḍ ben Lāden

The general use of Bin Ladin as a family name is also incorrect.

Comment

Originally posted by elaj View Post
      If he is really dead, I expect some massive terrorist attacks in the near future on US soil by his people. If they won't happen, another bullshit story. Something is fishy in this story all in all.
      And if this happens, wouldn't you say that it's Obama did it to show that Ben Laden is not CIA agent?

I guess there will be some extra-effort to carry out attacks in the next period, but this effort have always exist, and if something happens soon it means that it have been planed for a long time, and just waited just for readiness and the right moment.
      Last edited by ip84; 05-02-2011, 03:30 PM.
      My Youtube channel

Comment

knock it off with the arguments, see how fox news mess it up.
        you know why I am happy

Comment

i just have a simple question,why did the americans bury him at sea and did not ship the body back to the US ?
          2-dont you think that this comes at a fishy time when the american economy is struggling bcs of the afghan war and at a time when of the american pull out from afghanistan is drawing close specially that there were talks about extending the US operation there
          3-i can hardly believe that the world's No 1 terrorist was refuging at a compound 90 m away a military base, and that he'd sought refuge there for more than 5 month ( from what i know about Bin Laden he used to change hideouts every couple of weeks even before 9/11)

all this comes at a peculiar time to say the least and i'm not really convinced.
          i dont think osama is dead,i think there was just an order that he dissapears,bcs the afghan war was becoming too much of a burden,and so he did,osama bin laden,DISSAPEARED,and you will never hear of him again.
          he was of very good use to the people that made use of him,but it was his time to leave and dissapear from the international scene.

Comment

Originally posted by iskoch View Post
            All this funny.
            How can people be that ignorant to believe that Bin Ladin is a terrorist.
            Bin Ladin is a CIA agent who works for USA.
            9/11 was an American plan and Bin Ladin was just a "bad man", nothing more.

4-5 planes were hijacked in same time, "in USA", 2 of them hit twin towers, one of them hit pentagon and air defence system didn't work.
            Sorry but just idiots will believe in this, noone else.

By the way, look at this...

Deutschlands führende Nachrichtenseite. Alles Wichtige aus Politik, Wirtschaft, Sport, Kultur, Wissenschaft, Technik und mehr.

And this...

---

By the way I saw this link on an IBN members twitter.
            and yes, Jesus Christ is black.

Comment

This "Obama Bin Laden" smells like an "intentional" "error" that Fox really meant.

It is a continuation of their favorite theme that President Obama is actually Muslim.

Fox lacks integrity and they prove it yet again as if one needed proof.

Comment

Originally posted by worldbasketball View Post
                This "Obama Bin Laden" smells like an "intentional" "error" that Fox really meant.

It is a continuation of their favorite theme that President Obama is actually Muslim.

Fox lacks integrity and they prove it yet again as if one needed proof.
                Why just Fox?

Here an example from BBC:
                On the streets of New York and Washington and in the fields of Shanksville, crowds react to Osama Bin Laden's death with both joy and fear, BBC correspondents report.

Edit: even Aljazeera.
                News, analysis from the Middle East & worldwide, multimedia & interactives, opinions, documentaries, podcasts, long reads and broadcast schedule.
                My Youtube channel

Comment

Originally posted by LuDux View Post
                  There was dockumentary how this truthers movement is CIA plot to make people believe that George Bush administration is capable of doing something serious. It almost worked
                  And i thought that was a South Park episode....

Comment

FIBA Europe Basket hasn't posted for a couple days...
                    Originally posted by Fedfan
                    Most ppl get childish when they lose.
                    Originally posted by GuTO
                    refs in games of Spain walks with literally poop in his pants afraid of the Spanish players

Comment

Originally posted by b3lowzro View Post

knock it off with the arguments, see how fox news mess it up.
                      This picture is so wrong, did anyone see the "Usama Bin Landen" spelling

Usama or Osama, at least be consistent.

Now I also see "confrim" it seems they need to fire the typist...
                      aim low, score high

Comment

Originally posted by ip84 View Post
                        Why just Fox?

Here an example from BBC:
                        On the streets of New York and Washington and in the fields of Shanksville, crowds react to Osama Bin Laden's death with both joy and fear, BBC correspondents report.

Edit: even Aljazeera.
                        http://english.aljazeera.net/news/am...132275789.html
                        I was quoting about subtitling the news as "OBAMA Bin Laden is Dead", something that they wish in their sub-concious, that Obama "a Muslim" should die

Comment

Originally posted by worldbasketball View Post
                          Interestingly enough, his name is not spelt right

The correct pronunciation of the name:

Usama or Ousama NOT Osama with an O which is not even Arabic. Arabic alphabet and language doesn't have O
                          Ben or even 'bn NOT Bin
                          Laaden or Lāden NOT Laden or Ladin

The full name also includes being son of Mohamed (again spelt wrongly, the correct prunuciation Muhammad -- remember Arabic doesn't have an "o") son of Awad

The full name would thus be:

Usāmah ben Muḥammad ben ʿAwaḍ ben Lāden

The general use of Bin Ladin as a family name is also incorrect.
                          So are you saying one should use "ben Muḥammad ben ʿAwaḍ ben Lāden" as his family name?

Awad is his grandfather's name, right?

Also could you enlighten me on the Arabic transliteration. If I remember correctly Arabic doesn't have consonants in its spelling so the consonants in Latinized forms are just added somewhat arbitrarily depending on dialect.

In particular, I wonder about the case of the Jordanian PG, Sam Daghlas (his name when he played in the NBA Summer League), wears a uniform spelled "Daghles" when he plays for Jordan. Can you explain the discrepancy?
                          aim low, score high

Comment

Originally posted by sinobball View Post
                            This picture is so wrong, did anyone see the "Usama Bin Landen" spelling

Usama or Osama, at least be consistent.

Now I also see "confrim" it seems they need to fire the typist...
                            Usama Bin Landen? ROFL

I wonder if the same people that are now in the streets cheering a death are the ones claiming to embrace "Christian values".

Comment

Originally posted by sinobball View Post
                              So are you saying one should use "ben Muḥammad ben ʿAwaḍ ben Lāden" as his family name?

Awad is his grandfather's name, right?
                              For all intents and purposes, there is no FAMILY NAME at all.

It is just a continuation of son of son of son of...

His many children would have been called XXX Ben Usama or YYY Ben Usama

Comment

Iskoch, there was no conspiracy in this case.

Bin Laden has been irrelevant for some time now, but his death is symbolic. It symbolizes that there is some progress in confronting international terrorism.

Like most people, I'm surprised that he wasn't hiding in those border area mountains. I talked to a friend maybe four or five years ago who went home there for a funeral, and he said it was just a given that Bin Laden was hiding there. However, I do seem to recall somebody in the media saying that Bin Laden had probably moved further inside Pakistan where US drone missiles couldn't reasonably go.

The bad thing is that NATO forces fighting this war on terror have probably made a lot of enemies. I guess only time will tell whether or not Al Qaida survives.
                                "I really like the attitudes of eagles. They never give up. When they grab a fish or something else, they never let it go. It doesn't matter. In a book, they write they find a skeleton of [an] eagle and there is no fish. It means that the fish beat him and killed him, but he didn't let go." -- Donatas Motiejunas

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information