Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Who is the MVP?

Default Who is the MVP?

2009: Hamed Haddadi 15.8PPG 13.1RPG 2.2APG 4.0BPG
    2007: Hamed Haddadi 13.4PPG 9.6RPG 1.4BPG
    2005: Yao Ming 20.3PPG 11.0RPG
    2003: Yao Ming 22.6PPG 13.1RPG 2.0APG 2.8BPG
    2001: Yao Ming 13.4PPG 10.1RPG

what happened to other lebanese players such as rony fahed and fadi el khatib ?? i think fadi deserves to be part of this poll
    Lebanon mother land of the phoenicians! 7000 years of culture and history and still BEIRUT is "PARIS OF THE MIDDLE EAST"

LONG LIVE THE CEDARS

Marcus Douthit

Marnel Baracael.

I'd go for Marcus Douthit as well.

Wait wait wait
    ARE YOU KIDDING ME ?!!!
    Where is Fadi El-Khatib ?!
    Do u think ANY of these players can reach El-Khatib's level ?!
    Hahaha
    That's so funny !
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Bonel Balingit

Quote Originally Posted by rocketstar47 View Post
    Bonel Balingit
    I think Homer Se is the dark horse.
    Cybernetics microchip, RMS not rfid, implantee since 2017. Coz apparently I'm not normal.
    And I believe in Adam,Lilith and Eve. And dont forget about Samael! lol

si dodot!

Quote Originally Posted by Fadi El-Khatib View Post
    Wait wait wait
    ARE YOU KIDDING ME ?!!!
    Where is Fadi El-Khatib ?!
    Do u think ANY of these players can reach El-Khatib's level ?!
    Hahaha
    That's so funny !
    4 Jean Abed El Nour 197-F-83 Al Riyadi
    5 Miguel Martinez 188-G-88 Champville
    6 Ghaleb Rida 190-G-81 Hekmeh
    7 Sam Hoskin 206-C-79 Shahrdari Gorgan
    8 Aboudi Farekh 201-F-93 Blue Stars
    9 Elie Estephane 195-G-86 Sagesse
    10 Jad Bitar 203-C-88 Al Mouttahed Tripoli
    11 Rodrigue Akl 190-G-88 Al Riyadi
    12 Ali Kanaan 206-F-85 Al Riyadi
    13 Bassel Bawji 204-C-89 Moutahed
    14 Charles Tabet 205-F-87 Anibal Zahle
    15 Mohamad Ibrahim 192-G-83 Al Riyadi

Unfortunately, the most intense and passionate IBN forumers - the Filipinos don't usually treat polls with seriousness..sorry for spoiling this thread
    “I think our point guards are small,” “Not to say that our point guards are not good, but I believe that we need bigger point guards.”
    - SBP President Manny V. Pangilinan

Wanted: Philippine version of Jordan's talented backcourt tandem of 6'5" Sam Daghlas & 6'4" Rashem Wright

Do you think lebanese ppl here gonna vote for zeid abbas or jian lian ?
    hahaha we have minimum 3 players way better than the ones you listed in the (no need for that) poll.
    Last edited by Khalid80; 09-03-2011 at 01:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by macan77 View Post
    No need for that
    Man calm down.There are these type of guys rooting for every single team here. We got lots of Lebanese and Pinoy kind of members being reasonable and realistic beside these guys. This makes the forum moderate and cool at times. These guys are a spark to some discussions! Good to have them here around to make the excitement increase. Sports are known with their moral competition too.

However,arrogant and cocky members who put other things besides sports are another topic to speak about somewhere else. Most have problems with the histories of the country.

BTW if the players are to have their current level Hamed Haddadi will be the MVP head and shoulders above others.
    Last edited by Khalid80; 09-03-2011 at 01:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by behzadir View Post
    Man calm down.There are these type of guys rooting for every single team here. We got lots of Lebanese and Pinoy kind of members being reasonable and realistic beside these guys. This makes the forum moderate and cool at times. These guys are a spark to some discussions! Good to have them here around to make the excitement increase. Sports are known with their moral competition too.

However,arrogant and cocky members who put other things besides sports are another topic to speak about somewhere else. Most have problems with the histories of the country.

BTW if the players are to have their current level Hamed Haddadi will be the MVP head and shoulders above others.
    i wanted to vote Hamed coz i know he is better but i go with Yi just because he is in his territory..but it doesn't mean Yi is better than Hamed..

i wanted to vote Hamed coz i know he is better but i go with Yi just because he is in his territory..but it doesn't mean Yi is better than Hamed..
    Actually the MVP prize is given out based on who the champions are at the end of the tournament. So if it's Iran Hamed Haddadi and now i see Arsalan Kazemi having a big chance to win it,but if the Chinese can win the trophy it can't be anyone but YI.

Quote Originally Posted by behzadir View Post
    Actually the MVP prize is given out based on whothe champions are at the end of the tournament. So if it's Iran Hamed Haddadi and now i see Arsalan Kazemi having a big chance to win it,but if the Chinese can win the trophy it can't be anyone but YI.

that's what i am also thinking..though you've done it before, beating them in their own turf, now is different ballgame coz they have not taken anything for granted..its good Kazemi is coming and that would be a big boost..again, homecourt advantage will play a factor now..what's going against the chinese are the injuries on their players..that could play a major part in this tournament especially in the finals..

Yi cannot be compared with Hamed as the former is a PF whilst the latter is a pure center, you can compare Hamed with Wang ZhiZhi, but i think that at the present time it's clear that Hamed has the upper hand as Zhizhi is getting older and slower and hamed being at his peak.
    As for comparing value wise Yi and Hamed, Yi is clearly a better scorer, little faster and much more valuable to this team than Hamed whilst Hamed is a better defender,but overall Yi is a much more valuable player, his numbers in the NBA speak about him, in this tournement i think that Yi is the strongest player hands down,he's at another level, but can he carry his chinese team to Gold? i dont think so, but i guess that time will prove me right or wrong

Quote Originally Posted by lebanese phoenix View Post
    man calm down,no need to speak this kind of language, just calm down and vote other exactly as most posters are doing, King is just trying to make this forum more lively with his threads, no need to bash the guy
    u're right man,
    my vote: Fadi El Khatib

I think YI has became an unselfish player over the years in contrast to his first years into his career. But playing against Hamed is another thing. Numbers can say whatever they like,unless we don't look at the minutes played for each player. Hamed is stuck behind one of the top 8 C's in the NBA in Marc Gasol.We have seen a head to head comparison between these 2 back in 2009. YI was schooled in front of his home crowd by Hamed. He has something to take revenge of,that's why it will definitely be a great matchup to see.

Good to see others knowing who the real deals are No MJ this time?!

I'd never take this MVP thing seriously bcz unfortunately it has never been fair in Asia, and ill give u a small exemple which is Fiba Asia 2007. Back then, Fadi El khatib had a monster tournament by all means, he averaged around 30ppg with just a brilliant performance and yet he wasn't nominated as the MVP just bcz Haddadi had a great game in the finals, knowing that the latter he had an average tournament overall!
    No offense to Haddadi or anyone, he's definitely the best center in Asia and he deserve it in the last edition, but honestly there's no definition whatsoever that the champion should be also awarded by giving its best player the MVP!

oh and abt Kazemi, you guys are overhyping him, he's best youngster so far in Asia (Ibrahim comes next) but he's far from being a MVP candidate, as he is not a complete player, despite he's the most player in the Iranian squad i enjoy watching him!
    Proud to be Lebanese
    www.arabasket.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast