Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Croatian NT 2011

Xristos

Do Damjan Rudez or Gordan Giricek have a chance for the NT?

What do you guys think the team will be?

Quote Originally Posted by Xristos View Post
    Do Damjan Rudez or Gordan Giricek have a chance for the NT?

What do you guys think the team will be?
    Giricek isn't even in preliminar list He is already finished

Probably Croatian guys knows the situation better, but my presumption would be like that:

PG: Ukic, Draper, Popovic
    SG: Bogdanovic, Simon
    SF: Tomas, Rozic (I guess Joke will take him)
    PF: Banic, Zoric, Loncar
    C: Tomic, Barac

i would say:

pg: ukic, popovic, draper
    sg:tomas, bogdanovic
    sf:zubcic, rudez
    pf:markota, loncar
    c:tomic, barac, zoric

plus:radosevic (banic ) and car ( pilepic )

zubcic is vrankovic favorite and for markota said that he is safe

Tomas over Bogdanovic....no way

In which planet is Markota better than Banic or Radosevic?
    Sexuality when one reaches their 30s is either mainstream or sick, but no matter what, it isn't pure

Quote Originally Posted by wardjdim View Post
    He is actually a good supporting cast player, valuable for those 20 minutes on the flor, given the right individualy strong teamates.
    Spanning the defense with his 3 point shot, can contribute a lot to already a fluent offense with his court vision, plays better defense. In a right team with the right supporting role he could do much more than stats will tell. Being a go-to guy... nah, he lacks some things to be as good at that, but clearly that's not all basketball is all about either.

Imagine the lineup: Ukić, Tomas, Bogdanović, Tomić/Zorić... now add Markota or Banić and compare the effect. I do consider Banić as one of the most underated players in europe, but imo can't provide some of the stuff Markota can as a role-player.

The way Zorić played this season, he'll be the no.1 surprise of the EC and personaly I doubt Barać would actually get some serious playing time unless Zorić plays at PF...
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon_Koncak View Post
    That's funny shit.I cant believe there are sports fans thinking like it.It's like Federer losing to random Japanese player in round 1 of French Open but tournament director stepping in and saying "hey it was a fluke win who wants to watch a random Japanese guy in next round,Federer qualifies"

we need forward who can shoot 3pt

Quote Originally Posted by Joško Poljak Fan View Post
    The way Zorić played this season, he'll be the no.1 surprise of the EC and personaly I doubt Barać would actually get some serious playing time unless Zorić plays at PF...
    I don't consider Zoric a center. He is indeed a PF. But last year, the lineup with Zoric and Tomic was too heavy in the WC and that's why Zoric got out of rotation. If you ask me right now, though, with Barac in the squad, I would still use Zoric at PF and take both Tomic and Barac, who are rather similar players. This would give me more flexibility on both ends of the floor
    Sexuality when one reaches their 30s is either mainstream or sick, but no matter what, it isn't pure

Quote Originally Posted by euskadi View Post
    i would say:

pg: ukic, popovic, draper
    sg:tomas, bogdanovic
    sf:zubcic, rudez
    pf:markota, loncar
    c:tomic, barac, zoric

plus:radosevic (banic ) and car ( pilepic )

zubcic is vrankovic favorite and for markota said that he is safe
    most of time tomas and bogdanovic will play togheter, and will be starters. bouth of them are 2-3 players, not clear guards and fit with each other well
    Jordi Bertomeu sucks!

I don't consider Zoric a center. He is indeed a PF. But last year, the lineup with Zoric and Tomic was too heavy in the WC and that's why Zoric got out of rotation. If you ask me right now, though, with Barac in the squad, I would still use Zoric at PF and take both Tomic and Barac, who are rather similar players. This would give me more flexibility on both ends of the floor
    actually, zoric was injured after game vs slovenia. he was one of the few with positive critics

Quote Originally Posted by pohani komarac View Post
    most of time tomas and bogdanovic will play togheter, and will be starters. bouth of them are 2-3 players, not clear guards and fit with each other well
    yes,I know. unfortunately, due to draper, popovic will be backup SG. these five players will be rotated for most of the time

I want to see Hrvatska play Srbija again

Quote Originally Posted by euskadi View Post
    yes,I know. unfortunately, due to draper, popovic will be backup SG. these five players will be rotated for most of the time
    Sucks
    I like popovic very underrated

Banned

don't expect much croatia is average team. easy draw for us so we will be in 1/4 where we will loose. team of good players without any superstar... just have to wait few years for saric and hezonja our last hope

FB Connect

Quote Originally Posted by pohani komarac View Post
    yes...that is only game i still can get over it and i never will. that day is bigest shame for spain and fiba

and i alwas perferd spain and barcelona over any teams in sport not croatian one's till that day
    And you're totally right. I'm Spanish and I get seriously pissed every time I remember that game, shameful...
    Força Penya!

Banic and Loncar are cut off. Good if controversial call. Neither of them can be paired with Tomic/Barac, they are not capable of defending pick and roll. Which is staple of every teams offense. Vrankovic is obviously building young atheltic team, that will defend and get out in transition. I think it is right choice considering the players he has at his disposal. If there are no injuries i believe team will look like this:

PG Ukic/Draper
    SG Popovic/Bogdanovic/Car
    SF Tomas/Rudez
    PF Zoric/Markota/Radosevic
    C Barac/Tomic

Andric may replace Radosevic is he is not fit.

Quote Originally Posted by Markoishvili View Post
    Banic and Loncar are cut off. Good if controversial call. .
    I also have the same feeling. I do feel sorry for Banić though, 'cause his form and quality could make him a good enough player for a lot of teams out there.. but he is not bringing us anything as a PF and at C we have better solutions..
    it is also better to tell him now where he stands at then to tell him that after he goes through the whole preps..
    Lončar even without injury didn't have much of a chances anyway..
    "Heja, heja Cibosi, hrabri kao vukovi,

heja, heja cibosi, vodite nas k pobjedi. "

Just noticed the depth of Croatia on PF... Lončar and Banić both would deserve a spot. Although his defense might not be perfect, I love the way Banić plays under the rim... I would be in doubt in Vranković's place weather Markota would serve better for the team. He does his load of work, but unlike Banić that scores out of nowhere, Markota seems very passive occasionaly when it comes to offense. I am aware defense is the key, yet creativity within offense isn't that unimportant neither. I have a feeling in ex-Yu area creativity actualy keeps getting neglected already in youth competitions.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon_Koncak View Post
    That's funny shit.I cant believe there are sports fans thinking like it.It's like Federer losing to random Japanese player in round 1 of French Open but tournament director stepping in and saying "hey it was a fluke win who wants to watch a random Japanese guy in next round,Federer qualifies"

Xristos

Popovic starting in front of Bogdanovic.

I think it will be:
    Ukic / Draper
    Bogdanovic / Popovic
    Tomas / Rudez / Zubcic
    Banic / Andric / Loncar
    Tomic / Barac

Why are Banic and Loncar likely not playing?

I think Andric will be in the team. He played a good season for Galatasaray. Mobile big man, can play the pick n roll and also good on defence.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast