Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Croatian NT 2011

Talking about Spahija and Croatian NT... well he DID his best and that best was in reality good enough for medals, but there are things you can't fight against.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon_Koncak View Post
    That's funny shit.I cant believe there are sports fans thinking like it.It's like Federer losing to random Japanese player in round 1 of French Open but tournament director stepping in and saying "hey it was a fluke win who wants to watch a random Japanese guy in next round,Federer qualifies"

we all know what we missed in 2005.

some big names and markets were already out of race for WC...Italy, Turky, Serbia...with exception of Serbia who's not big market, but you can left champion without WC...with only 3 WC left. adding Spain to that list might cose a lot of trouble for Fiba....who watched game saw what happend...Croatia was just not alowed to win...Fiba didn't wannt to risk i last match with Spain and Slovenia....So Croatia was left without WC, lost to Slovenia and didn't get WC despite finishing better than all 3 teams that got WC, and prety much destroying two of those teams in direct matches.

I usually don't bitch about refs, hell I even metnion when my team is favorited by refs but that day was one of sadest in history of sport

what we miss in general is extra class player to be a leader like Drazen

who knows our mentality knows that without true leader in Croatia evryone thinks he is better, smarter and what ever...it all ends in confusion and adding emotinal mediteranian metality you get all time chokers And then there is presure of our people who acepts only the best of best, especially when it comes to handball, basketball and watherpolo....the way waedijim desribed our team is totally oposite of how they are seen in Croatia...people don't call Radosevic steady big man here, people call him untalented notorius full, people don't call Zubcic talented and skilled...people lough at scouting reports of those who said he has high BB IQ...For most Croats all of them are crappy players......they say it here for reason....Croatia is land with 4,5 milion coaches
    Last edited by pohani komarac; 06-18-2011 at 11:39 AM.
    Jordi Bertomeu sucks!

Quote Originally Posted by pohani komarac View Post
    we all know what we missed in 2005.

some big names and markets were already out of race for WC...Italy, Turky, Serbia...with exception of Serbia who's not big market, but you can left champion without WC...with only 3 WC left. adding Spain to that list might cose a lot of trouble for Fiba....who watched game saw what happend...Croatia was just not alowed to win...Fiba didn't wannt to risk i last match with Spain and Slovenia....So Croatia was left without WC, lost to Slovenia and didn't get WC despite finishing better than all 3 teams that got WC, and prety much destroying two of those teams in direct matches.

I usually don't bitch about refs, hell I even metnion when my team is favorited by refs but that day was one of sadest in history of sport

what we miss in general is extra class player to be a leader like Drazen

who knows our mentality knows that without true leader in Croatia evryone thinks he is better, smarter and what ever...it all ends in confusion and adding emotinal mediteranian metality you get all time chokers And then there is presure of our people who acepts only the best of best, especially when it comes to handball, basketball and watherpolo....the way waedijim desribed our team is totally oposite of how they are seen in Croatia...people don't call Radosevic steady big man here, people call him untalented notorius full, people don't call Zubcic talented and skilled...people lough at scouting reports of those who said he has high BB IQ...For most Croats all of them are crappy players......they say it here for reason....Croatia is land with 4,5 milion coaches
    ALways crying about the refs & spain
    BARÇA O MUERTE

You sure can't post anything but yet another one liner to the subject
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon_Koncak View Post
    That's funny shit.I cant believe there are sports fans thinking like it.It's like Federer losing to random Japanese player in round 1 of French Open but tournament director stepping in and saying "hey it was a fluke win who wants to watch a random Japanese guy in next round,Federer qualifies"

Quote Originally Posted by Kwijibo View Post
    ALways crying about the refs & spain
    yes...that is only game i still can get over it and i never will. that day is bigest shame for spain and fiba

and i alwas perferd spain and barcelona over any teams in sport not croatian one's till that day
    Jordi Bertomeu sucks!

yes...that is only game i still can get over it and i never will. that day is bigest shame for spain and fiba

and i alwas perferd spain and barcelona over any teams in sport not croatian one's till that day
    But it's true too that spahija lost his head at the ot. Greeks always say that he steal them the games!
    BARÇA O MUERTE

Let's please focus on this years team
    Sexuality when one reaches their 30s is either mainstream or sick, but no matter what, it isn't pure

FB Connect

I was at that game and i agree with you.

PS: what did you mean by that fiba didn't want to risk game Spain:Slovenia?

Quote Originally Posted by pivx View Post
    I was at that game and i agree with you.

PS: what did you mean by that fiba didn't want to risk game Spain:Slovenia?
    because slovenia had strong squad, if slovenia beat them in 6th place match then it would be spain, italy, turkey serbia in bid for 3 wc...and you can't throw actuall world champion....so one of 3 big markets would be out, wich also were named or candidates to organize big events in future
    Jordi Bertomeu sucks!

Quote Originally Posted by Kwijibo View Post
    But it's true too that spahija lost his head at the ot. Greeks always say that he steal them the games!
    can you blame him?

and i don't respect spahija, refs build his carer alot, one ref especially....ales pipan surley remebers those days

unlike many people here i never had anything against spain, ectually i'm big fan of spain in sports, becuse spin in any sport play game the way i like. with passion and freedom of creativity. whenever i watch game i try to be objetive as much as i can, i admited lot of times here like coatia u-19 vs. new zeland u-19 team that croatia got favorited by refs, but that game still hurts. i remeber that for few hours i just didn't know what to do with my self. didn't wann't to belive what was happenig so i decided to watch game few days leater...and when ever i watched that game same fealings go trough me
    Jordi Bertomeu sucks!

can you blame him?

and i don't respect spahija, refs build his carer alot, one ref especially....ales pipan surley remebers those days

unlike many people here i never had anything against spain, ectually i'm big fan of spain in sports, becuse spin in any sport play game the way i like. with passion and freedom of creativity. whenever i watch game i try to be objetive as much as i can, i admited lot of times here like coatia u-19 vs. new zeland u-19 team that croatia got favorited by refs, but that game still hurts. i remeber that for few hours i just didn't know what to do with my self. didn't wann't to belive what was happenig so i decided to watch game few days leater...and when ever i watched that game same fealings go trough me
    I was just trolling a bit . That game was a robbery
    BARÇA O MUERTE

Croatia named preliminar roster. Surprise - there's no Planinic

1. ANDRIĆ LUKŠA
    2. BANIĆ MARKO
    3. BARAĆ STANKO
    4. BOGDANOVIĆ BOJAN
    5. CAR MARKO
    6. DELAŠ MARIO
    7. DRAPER DONTAYE DOMINIC
    8. KOVAČEVIĆ HRVOJE
    9. LONČAR KREŠIMIR
    10. MARKOTA DAMIR
    11. PERIĆ HRVOJE
    12. PILEPIĆ FRAN
    13. POPOVIĆ MARKO
    14. RADOŠEVIĆ LEON
    15. ROZIĆ MARIN
    16. RUDEŽ DAMJAN
    17. SIMON KRUNOSLAV
    18. STIPČEVIĆ ROK
    19. SUTON GORAN
    20. TOMAS MARKO
    21. TOMIĆ ANTE
    22. UKIĆ ROKO LENI
    23. VRKIĆ ZORAN
    24. ŽORIĆ LUKA
    25. ZUBČIĆ TOMISLAV

that's not croatia, it's more like united nations
    Jordi Bertomeu sucks!

Nikola Mirotic and Serge Ibaka for Spain, the Calathes brothers and Koufos in Greece, JR Holden in Russia

The last three Eurobasket champions will have foreigners in their roster one way or another

If you wanna win it this year, this is the first good move
    Sexuality when one reaches their 30s is either mainstream or sick, but no matter what, it isn't pure

Quote Originally Posted by wardjdim View Post
    Nikola Mirotic and Serge Ibaka for Spain, the Calathes brothers and Koufos in Greece, JR Holden in Russia
    Calathes brothers and Koufos are of Greek descent...
    Of course, all 3 of them are American basketball "products" but being members of the Greek NT is not the same with Holden in Russia or Draper in Croatia...

Quote Originally Posted by sixama23 View Post
    Calathes brothers and Koufos are of Greek descent...
    Of course, all 3 of them are American basketball "products" but being members of the Greek NT is not the same with Holden in Russia or Draper in Croatia...
    Calathes brothers are as greek as Jennifer Aniston.They are not american basketball products,they are americans.

Quote Originally Posted by wardjdim View Post

The last three Eurobasket champions will have foreigners in their roster one way or another

If you wanna win it this year, this is the first good move
    i don't give ... about russia, spain or poland

and vrakovic united nations won't win anything, because in first place joke vrankovic is coach and players don't have quality to win
    Jordi Bertomeu sucks!

Quote Originally Posted by Mindozas View Post
    Croatia named preliminar roster. Surprise - there's no Planinic
    that shouldn't be a surprise, he had a good season that is true. but he never gave anything remarkable to the NT and Vrankovic just got tired of waiting for him to deliver..
    so did I and that is why I find that as a good move..

the only difference between Draper and Mulaomerović is the fact that Draper is black..

I don't want Draper in NT either but I will surely support our team even with him in it..
    "Heja, heja Cibosi, hrabri kao vukovi,

heja, heja cibosi, vodite nas k pobjedi. "

difrece betwen them is that mulamerovic came to croatia as kid, know language, lived for years in croatia and was long tearm option

this is short tearm investment and all about money. he gets passport and bigger contract, whille cedevita gets one extra spot for foreigner

i'm not for him, eduardo or mula, but last two had evry right to get pasport and had some sense
    Jordi Bertomeu sucks!

i'm not for him, eduardo or mula, but last two had evry right to get pasport and had some sense
    šija = vrat
    "Heja, heja Cibosi, hrabri kao vukovi,

heja, heja cibosi, vodite nas k pobjedi. "

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast