Croatian NT 2011

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Croatian NT 2011

it's over. our basketball federation aproved draper request for pasport and will play for our NT. disgrace for us. i'm boycoting our NT
    Jordi Bertomeu sucks!

Everyone knows that Croatian NT is among those who rely only on national players. I agree with you this is disgrace.

Comment

This is a sad day for all the Croatian and European basketball fans. Croatia was one of the few countries still standing proud but now it has fallen, bad news indeed.

Comment

Originally posted by pohani komarac View Post
        it's over. our basketball federation aproved draper request for pasport and will play for our NT. disgrace for us. i'm boycoting our NT
        But why? You have enough good players.
        I'm on twitter

Comment

Originally posted by sagenas View Post
          But why? You have enough good players.
          because our federation is runned by currupted idiots. it's pretty clear cedevita paid for it. you have lots of posts about bn croatian section. it went far that because of critics on him and our basketball we had create independet forum. whats best morons drag have we had best youth teames in europe with some fake list they created and now they are naturalizing american
          Jordi Bertomeu sucks!

Comment

It is not clear to me how Cedevita benefits out of this situation? Please be so kind and explain. What are population reaction on this in Croatian media? Can anyone post a profile link of that player

Comment

Originally posted by Test View Post
              It is not clear to me how Cedevita benefits out of this situation? Please be so kind and explain. What are population reaction on this in Croatian media? Can anyone post a profile link of that player
              The official site of Euroleague Basketball. Check out live matches, stats, standings, teams, players, interviews, fantasy challenge and much more.

Saw him few times this year. He's very fast and strong invidually.
              I'm on twitter

Comment

So the trend continues... It's sad that even proud basketball nations like Croatia start naturalizing American players...

Comment

From pure basketball point of view (national pride aside), this guy could be a perfect back-up to Ukic. Much better then 'no defense' Popovic or 'eternal choker' Planinic.

National feeling is a different story, but if your soccer team has Brazilian Eduardo, why not American Draper in basketball NT ?

Comment

Originally posted by Billy Bounce View Post
                    From pure basketball point of view (national pride aside), this guy could be a perfect back-up to Ukic. Much better then 'no defense' Popovic or 'eternal choker' Planinic.

National feeling is a different story, but if your soccer team has Brazilian Eduardo, why not American Draper in basketball NT ?
                    IMO its not good to follow bad example

Comment

It is not clear to me how Cedevita benefits out of this situation? Please be so kind and explain.
                      I don't know how many not-European players the Croatian League allows, but this situation benefits the player and Cedevita (if there is a limit of foreign players on the league). Draper has more possibilities to play on a better team/league. On ACB, for example, teams must have at least 5 "cupos" (eligible for Spanish NT) and no more than 2 not-Europeans. He would count as European, the same situation as Calloway, Green and others I don't remember right now. Besides ACB, McCalebb is another example.
                      Bronze Medal - IBN 2014 FIBA Basketball World Cup Prediction Game

Comment

In Croatian league there can be 4 foregins in team, two on court at same time. That unebels them normal rotation and this year judging by current situation Croatian champinship will decide who will go Euroleage betwen them and KK Zagreb. And they are very close to reach 2 year extension with him

Media and public reactions is hard to find. Most media gives it as fairytale and those media are influanced by menagers and curapcy. Best sport media and most read sportnet are only who give that as negative

public itrest for basketball has droped alot so nobady not many people care about it. two years ago on sportnet in A. Anderson case 60% woted for no, now on our idependet forum 72% woted NO, but that fore isn't relevant as it's only basketball fans opinion

you can find his stats on adriatic league and eurocup sites
                        Jordi Bertomeu sucks!

Comment

No doubt about it that he is good player and could help us. Popovic and Planinic are no worse then him, they play for better teams after all. Anway evrey player has his strenghts and weknese and by that you built team play. Popovic can play without no problem in line up with Tomas and Bogdanovic who ever. He can also play with Ukic or Planinic in 2pg rotation. And under Spahija Croatia funcioned great in 2005. eurobasket at PG. For some reason Repesa and Joke used him only as SG wich isn't his position especially since he has most playmaking skills....And even if it's time for some for sample once quite taleted Morovic (Duda Ivkovic oce said he will be among top PG in europe) finally plays without injurys and leads Siroki great this season (they beat Partizan an Olimpija chis season and their team costs 350000euros)....not to metnion that our federation drags with fake list how we were best in europe last year in youth caregoris and then they don't have balls to lead Katic or Prostran (ok injured full season, but anway) or even Vragovic who at least is good defensive player to be for sample 3rd backup for Popovic and Ukic

I'm not for Eduardo either, as sense of national team is lost with it, but atlest Eduardo came here as 14-15 year old kid, lied here over 5 years and learned language (2 things for gettin passport in normal situation), merried Croatian and kina asimilated with people. With this national team lose all sense
                          Jordi Bertomeu sucks!

Comment

No doubt about it that he is good player and could help us. Popovic and Planinic are no worse then him, they play for better teams after all. Anway evrey player has his strenghts and weknese and by that you built team play. Popovic can play without no problem in line up with Tomas and Bogdanovic who ever. He can also play with Ukic or Planinic in 2pg rotation.
                            I wasn't followed Draper too much with the exception of Cedevita games vs. Galil , but I've seen enough games of Popovic & Planinic .

Popovic is very flashy and a great scorer, but generally speaking his lousy defense makes him more a burden then advantage for the teams he plays in. He was injured for a couple of weeks, so replacing him even with pretty average guard like Lyday did wonders to UNICS. Suddenly their opponents scored ~ 60 points a game, but with Popovic return UNICS started to concede 80 points and lose .

Planinic was amazing during old Baskonia days, but after he's gone for the big Russian money , he totally lost his touch. I think he made a big mistake choosing the big money over his development as a player.

I dunno, I'm not the one making decisions for Croatian federation, but if it was up to me : why not to try ? Croatian NT was 6-7th for a long time with Planinic & Popovic, why not to try Draper to check how the things are going. Maybe it will finally fill the puzzle needed to make it next step - top3.

Comment

I dunno, I'm not the one making decisions for Croatian federation, but if it was up to me : why not to try ? Croatian NT was 6-7th for a long time with Planinic & Popovic, why not to try Draper to check how the things are going. Maybe it will finally fill the puzzle needed to make it next step - top3.
                              This should be CROATIAN NATIONAL TEAM, not UNITED NATIONS TEAM

and why not try with prostran or katic, to bring them up....oh yeah like all "experts" in croatia they are to shoort for basketball, but dreper is giant...it's not like he will bring us extra quality that will lead us to medals

if anyone care can give here suporrt to croatians in fight against naturalized players

Konkretan povod za osnivanje ove grupe je činjenica da se priprema pozivanje američkog košarkaša Dontayea Drapera u košarkašku reprezentaciju Hrvatske. Pridružite se ovoj grupi ako ste: - protiv...

soon we from NKF forum will start online petition against naturalized players in our NT and I have to say we have support from lot known names
                              Jordi Bertomeu sucks!

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information