No announcement yet.

France national team 2011

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

About flo vs seraphin, yes seraphin has a big potential but the parker generation has to play, remember that not so many were available 2 years ago during the qualification process for the eurobasket. And that includes turiaf & flo. Team spirit is important here, i doubt players would be as motivated if the staff was to cut players like turiaf or flo.

Seraphin will be kept only if noah can't come.

The second game will be more interesting (and above all the game against spain obviously, especially with less friendly referees), canada tried to fight a bit more at the start of the 3rd quarter but overall they gave up quite early.

Comment

Man, scary final score. When someone finds a boxscore or simply random stats, like points, please post here
      Sexuality when one reaches their 30s is either mainstream or sick, but no matter what, it isn't pure

Comment

Originally posted by wardjdim View Post
        Man, scary final score. When someone finds a boxscore or simply random stats, like points, please post here

Comment

Thanks
          Sexuality when one reaches their 30s is either mainstream or sick, but no matter what, it isn't pure

Comment

Welcome back typical parker - i don'tsharetheball- 's french team.

Glad we see it right now, hopefully collet will help him make a reality check concerning his oversized ego. Looks like not being main scorer and worst, seeing diaw shine yesterday was something he does not want to see again.
            When your best option at organizing during 20 mn is de colo, there is a major issue.

lol doonerkamp. Now i understand why mancinelli went after him last year ^^.
            Last edited by raph; 07-27-2011, 08:24 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by raph View Post
              Welcome back typical parker - i don'tsharetheball- 's french team.

Glad we see it right now, hopefully collet will help him make a reality check concerning his oversized ego. Looks like not being main scorer and worst, seeing diaw shine yesterday was something he does not want to see again.
              When your best option at organizing during 20 mn is de colo, there is a major issue.

lol doonerkamp. Now i understand why mancinelli went after him last year ^^.
              Parker and his individualism isn't the main reason of the lower gap at the score. Canada was far better than in the first friendly game. Which is especially true for their experienced players (Rautins, Kendall, Young). The taller gap score in first game was likely due to the fact that Canadians suffered from jet lag.

boxscore:

Comment

Causeur is out of the squad due injury, while Pietrus got injured yesterday, but so far it isn't known how serious injury is

Comment

Honneslty i don't care about the score and the meaningless stats in a friendly. On the other hand, we perfectly know that France has to share the ball to take advantage of its potential mismatches or to open a teammate. Likewise, we perfectly know what the "parker show" means for our bball team.

No one is surprised to see canadian react (and i was pleading for it). Speaking about stats, i think parker is much focus on them than i am (and being main scorer in 'his team' - according to him - basically seems to be his goal whatever the cost is).
                  He was ignoring our forwards & guards in the perimeter during the whole 1st half, even when he was provoking double teams, forcing possession after possession (and we were not really playing iso). At least that's the feeling i have from that last game.

The ball was much more "alive" when we had diot and de colo running the point during the second half (and even during the 1st half when de colo was driving the team for a few minutes). Even if we were static, without a lot of move without the ball, screens etc.

By the way, causeur is not kept because of his season injury. The whole staff does not want to take risk. Kahudi should make the team eventually (m'baye being a rookie and a poor defenser).

Comment

Wow I thought Causeur would make the team for sure

Kahudi is a great athlete and good defender, though he won't see much time on the court

I guess Albicy will make the team too? Seraphin is likely the replacement for Pietrus

Comment

Ronny Turiaf is out of Eurobasket as it seems, hand injury, Mahinmi called as replacement

RMC Sport - Retrouvez toute l'actualit? sur tous les sports, les matchs en direct et en multilive ainsi que les r?sultats comment?s en temps r?el.

Comment

Half of IBN posters are better players than Mahinmi for the International game

Turiaf is a big loss

Well, anyway, the 2nd biggest loss of the summer, after common sense on this team's gameplan. I notice that Toni Parker took 17 shots tonight. This is "bye bye" medals for France, if it takes place on the official games as well. They don't use Noah and De Colo as major offensive forces and the loss of Causeur might get them short in productivity

Comment

Why don't they call Ali Traore now? I mean, Traore is nothing special .. but compared to Mahinmi ... he looks like Dwight Howard.

Is Ali injured or they prefer Mahinmi because of his friendship with Parker from Spurs days?

Comment

Originally posted by Silvio View Post
                            Why don't they call Ali Traore now? I mean, Traore is nothing special .. but compared to Mahinmi ... he looks like Dwight Howard.

Is Ali injured or they prefer Mahinmi because of his friendship with Parker from Spurs days?
                            I've read that Traore talked some sh*t about NT or coach after he was cut, so I guess cause of that

Comment

Originally posted by Silvio View Post

They took Seraphin and Traore was upset about being cut and criticized Collet on Twitter

Comment

There was nothing worth not calling him back in that interview (if something has upset our federation, maybe it was because he decided to speak and draw media attention for a couple of days though).
                                Collet is the one who made him take a step forward in his career (at asvel then in the NT).

I think it has more to do with the frontcourt combination (mahinmi is taller and a much better defender, even if he struggles at times). Traore cant play at pf while mahinmi is a pf that can play at c at times. It's hard to imagine noah+seraphin playing together (most likely seraphin will be the first rotation of noah if turiaf does not recover) but i feel more comfortable with a noah/mahinmi duo for my part (or seraphin/mahinmi).

For now turiaf is still in the group, the federation will make an announcement tonight about his situation.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information