Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: France national team 2011

If they were in Group C or D, I could honestly see a top 4 finish for this team even if they were terribly coached.

However in Group B (and later the combined group with A) it's going to be a hard slog. Even with this team they are no locks for the knockout stage.
    Pistons: 2018-2019 In the middle of nowhere

Bronze medal 2013 Eurobasket prediction Game.

Not yet official but bokolo should rest this summer and causeur could replace him (or lombahe-kahudi/albicy).

http://bit.ly/mx3JXn

Now it's official (or at least for L' equipe)

Very good news if you ask me. They need bball IQ and Causeur or Albicy will bring that to the table

France is looking better everyday
    Sexuality when one reaches their 30s is either mainstream or sick, but no matter what, it isn't pure

Don't take what l'equipe writes for granted, they are the "marca" of France if you know what i mean.

Don't forget that they have a long history with fake "scoops" on their frontpage (like the girl who was supposed to be manaudo walking her dog, who was not manaudou ^^, the thorpe crap about doping - i guess there is still a trial between them and the australian swimmer - or the famous football frontpage after anelka's supposed words - while no one can back up what they wrote but themselves).

They are the very example on why monopolies should be forbidden.

Basketnews is much more reliable for basketball in France.

Xristos

Charles Lombahe Kahudi likely to replace.

Quote Originally Posted by Xristos View Post
    Charles Lombahe Kahudi likely to replace.
    As was reported earlier, France most likely will take 12 players to Eurobasket (if I didn't miss smth - 15 left now and no replacement will be added), so I bet Kahudi, Seraphin and M'Baye will be cut

Xristos

Quote Originally Posted by Mindozas View Post
    As was reported earlier, France most likely will take 12 players to Eurobasket (if I didn't miss smth - 15 left now and no replacement will be added), so I bet Kahudi, Seraphin and M'Baye will be cut
    Albicy won't make it, I think

Parker - Diot
    De Colo - Causeur - Kahudi
    Batum - Gelabale
    Diaw - Traore - Pietrus
    Noah - Turiaf

Joakim Noah is suffering from an ankle injury and will miss the two friendlies against Canada.

Once again, it looks that Noah will not make it to the final French squad. That means, end of contention possibilities for the French team
    Sexuality when one reaches their 30s is either mainstream or sick, but no matter what, it isn't pure

No reason to be pessimistic for now. Our federation is just cautious concerning insurance since he has to follow a medical protocol in order for him to recover.

During the lockout, franchises can't communicate with players, so i assume they (our federation) are asking him to follow some medical tests in the US so that the chosen protocol can be valid according to "american standards".

We will be fixed rather soon (might be as early as next week after the games against canada) about who will replaced bokolo & m. pietrus. Most likely causeur and lombahe-kahudi even if collet was communicating a lot with m'baye on the first training. I doubt albicy will make it, except if either diot or parker had some slight injury during the following days.

From watching some training at Pau, some journalists guessed that albicy should make the final roster. Diot could start along with parker.
    Last spot should be between lombahe-kahudi and causeur, causeur will be chosen most likely.

Noah is expected to come back in the beginning of august (or even earlier).

Quote Originally Posted by raph View Post
    From watching some training at Pau, some journalists guessed that albicy should make the final roster. Diot could start along with parker.
    Last spot should be between lombahe-kahudi and causeur, causeur will be chosen most likely.

Noah is expected to come back in the beginning of august (or even earlier).
    So, in other words, you mean that the most likely final roster would be:

G- Parker, Diot, Albicy
    G- De Colo, Causeur
    F- Batum, Gelabale
    F- Diaw, F. Pietrus
    C- Noah, Turiaf, Traore

It doesn't take me long to realize the potential of this team. That's a roster that can win the gold medal. Of course, I insist.. IF Noah plays..

Will u know how to get friendly France matches?

Yup wardjim, from what those journalists are saying (even if they were more cautious about causeur).
    Just a minor fix for guards (we will see for the first preparation games if it was a test or a future set up) :
    parker - albicy
    diot - de colo - causeur

Knowing that diot could replace parker at the point when he goes to the bench. De colo won't play the point apparently, which is a blessing.

About preparation games that will be broadcast, the games against canada (the first one tomorrow) will be, we might have a stream on jtv (still not sure).

Can u record it?

Xristos

Raph where can we watch France-Canada today?

It's broadcast on sport+ (at 20 30), so we might have some streaming on jtv. As for recording and uploading, i will ask if someone does it (as i can't).

Btw, noah is expected to be back the 2 of august and tonight causeur won't play because the nt staff thinks he is not yet free to play after his plantar fasciitis injury that ruined half of his season.

Stream wise, check here , here, here or there in case.
    Last edited by raph; 07-26-2011 at 06:24 PM.

Xristos

Just from the first few minutes it's obvious this team has great chemistry

You can tell they started training camp a while back the way they are together on defense

Amazing potential this team

Xristos

Amazing this guy Rautins is in the NBA, only has one skill

Worst guard in the NBA?

Parker, Diaw, Turiaf all look in great shape and good form.

Albicy has lightning speed, maybe faster than Parker

Gelabale looks good too

Seraphin should definitely be picked before F. Pietrus, do you agree Raph?
    Last edited by Xristos; 07-26-2011 at 07:04 PM.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast